Young Writers Society

Eradication (Scene Four)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat May 29, 2010 5:31 pm
View Likes
Vasticity says...

ERADICATION (Scene Four)

(We cut to Keith, who is sitting on a chair, in a dimly-lit room, reading a book. He reaches over, and pulls a cell-phone from a table. He dials a number, and waits for a few moments. The dial tone sounds four times, then there is a click)

COREY:
(On machine)
Hello, it's Corey here. You know what to do.

(There is a beep, and Keith hangs up. He puts the phone down, and smiles. He then slams the book shut, puts it down beside him, stands up, and pulls a gun from his pocket)

KEITH:
Time to play.

(We cut to Corey, walking across a running track. He reaches the seats, when a gunshot is fired, and it ricochets. Corey dives under the stands, and pulls out his gun. He looks around the corner, and we cut to a first-person view of Keith, walking towards the camera, his gun held in the air. We cut to Corey, who is panting, his eyes closed)

COREY:
What do you want from me?!

(We cut back to Keith, who stops)

KEITH:
Just a sense of reassurance. See, if you hadn't ratted me out to your little cop friend, I might have not had to kill him... or you.

(We cut to Corey, who has pulled out his phone)

KEITH:
And don't you even think about dialing that phone. You won't get to the last digit before I blow your brains out.

COREY:
What else do you expect me to do? Just beg for your mercy?

KEITH:
Well, if you could, that would be nice.

COREY:
Not a chance.

KEITH:
Ah, you're taking all the fun out of this act, Mr. Smythe.

COREY:
How'd you know where to find me?

KEITH:
I dialed your home phone. You didn't answer. I knew you had gone home, and hadn't left. So I searched nearby, and here we are.

COREY:
Just go ahead and do it.

KEITH:
I'll make it quick, since you're such a nice guy.

(We cut to Keith, who is walking towards the camera, his gun pointed forward. We cut to Corey, who leaps out and shoots his weapon. We cut back to Keith, who gets hit in his left rib. He grabs it in pain, and falls to the ground. Corey hesitates, then runs out of the camera's view. We then cut back to Keith, who raises his head up from the ground, and looks in the direction that Corey ran off to)

KEITH:
So that's what that feels like.
And the angel said unto him, “stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.” But lo, he could not stop, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat May 29, 2010 6:28 pm
View Likes
Razcoon says...

Wow, this is really good! I'm going to read the last three so I have a bit of background. Just so you're aware, your avatar scares me. A lot.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins