z

Young Writers Society

A Date With History scene two

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:44 am
skutter11 says...

If you haven't read scene one and the prologue, you MUST!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the musical dizzolve, the stage lights up. The Old Man has dissapeared and the stage is split into two. Stage left is a sixties style living room. Stage right is a childs bedroom. On the stage there is the Father, the Mother and the Son. The son is reading a comic

Father:To the son Ok, Jimmy, time for bed
Son:Moaning, looking up from his comic Oh, dad! Can't I stay up for a little while longer!
Father: No! Time for bed!
Son: Ok, dad.

The Son hugs the Father and the Mother and goes to his bedroom, stage right. He gets into bed and takes a small radio out from underneath it.

Radio Presenter:Excitedly This is Radio Caroline! The station that comes live from the Pacific!

While the Son is listening to the radio, the Mother and Father are completly oblivious
Radio Presenter: Now for the smooth sound of the Beatles

The Mother: I think I ought to check on him
Father: Alright, just be quick
The Mother walks across the stage to the Son's room. The Son is still listening to the radio.
MotherSee's the Son listening to the radioRight, what do you think you are doing? I shall tan your hide in the morning!
The Father, hearing this runs to the other end of the stage
Father:Angrily What are you doing?
Son:Frightend I'm listening to Caroline, dad. Everyone's doing it
Father: You'd have better dread the morning,shouts Do you here me?
Son:Evenmore frightend Yes, dad
The Mother and Father leave the room, the Father is carrying the little Radio, which is still tuned in
Father: Th the MotherI don't know, kids today! I never did this when I was a boy, you know, Margaret
Mother: I know Philip, dear. But, actually, it sounds alright to me
Father: What are you talking about?
Mother: The music
Father: Let me seeShouts in the direction of the Son Jim! Get here now!
The Son runs to the Father
Son:FrightendYes, dad?
Father: How do you turn this up?
The Son's face becomes more hopeful
Son: Well, you turn this knob, here
Father: Oh, I see. Back to bed!
When the Son is back in bed, the Father places the radio on the sideboard and turns it up
Radio Presenter: For all of you people out there who love rock, Radio Caroline is the place!
Father: This is better than what the BBC give us isn't it?
Mother: Yes, it is
The scene freezes. The stage then darkens. The Old Man walks on, with a spotlight
Old Man: Ah, yes, the sixties. A time of Rock 'n' Roll, youth rebellion and pirate radio. But now we go back even further, to the fifties!
The spotlight disapears and a dizzolve of fifties music can be heard. The stage lights back up again. The Old Man has disappeared and the stage is made up to look like a old fashoned classroom.
INTERMISSION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that's scene two done. I know that it is not a very good one, it's just that I got quite bad block when I was writting this.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:35 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Don't be disheartened! It's very good, despite your block. I like how you depict all the different characteristics of each decade. This is very fabulously written! I can't find much to say, critically, because I literally can't find anything wrong with it. Keep writing!
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 am
skutter11 says...

Roll on the 50's!
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare