z

Young Writers Society

A date with History, scene one

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:53 pm
View Likes
skutter11 says...

By the way, guys, if you are reading this, make sure you read the prologue FIRST!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scene 1, Act 1 A Mugging in the 80's

After the dizzolve of 80's music, the stage is lit up and there is a wall. On this wall three teenagers are leaning. Infront of them is a radio which is playing, softly.
Teen one: Hey, guys, I've got some news
Teen two and three: What?
Teen one: I've got a car
Teen three:Bored I know, I've seen it
Teen one: What do you think of it?
Teen three: It's rubbish
Teen one:Exclaming It's a brand new Renault 9! How can you say that it is rubbish?
Teen three: The fact that it's a Renault. They never last!
Teen one: Cloughter's R4 has!
Teen three:Shouting That's because he never uses it!
Teen one:Shouting My car is good!
Teen three:Shouting, raising his fist No it's not!
Teen two steps between them before they start punching
Teen two:Shouting the loudest COOL IT!Quieter God! We're so bored that we are fighting eachother! If we are not careful, the pigs will be on our backs
Teen one: You're right
Teen three: I agree.Bored But what is there to do around here?
At this moment The Policeman walks on, stage left
The Policeman:Suspiciously What are you doing?
Teen one: We aren't doing nothing
The Policeman: Really
Teen two: Yeah
The Policeman: Make sure it stays that way, or else
Teen three: Okay
The Policeman searches them all and walks off, satisfied, stage right
Teen one:Mimicking Make sure it stays that way
Others laugh
Teen three: Who does he think he is? I mean-
Teen one:Interrupting Shush, I can hear something
The sound is of footsteps, coming toward them, stage left. Enter the Yuppie
Yuppie:Talking into a mobile phone the size of a brick Yor, I am just standing in the middle of a deadbeat town, yor. I am on Regent's Avanue, yor
The Teenagers are all looking at the Yuppie
Teen one:Whispering A Yuppie!
Teen three:Also whispering A damn Yuppie!
Teen two:Whispering to Teen one How dare he say that our town is deadbeat! Let's go for him!
Teen one: Easy, Brian, easy
Teen three: Yeah, wait till he stops talking on his phoneWhispering and then we get him!
The Yuppie: Yor, okay, so I'll meet you there, oh and by the way, you won't belive this, but there are three scruffy looking urchins looking at me! I know, still I'll see you, yeah, ok yor!He puts his phone in his breifcase[To the teeagers] What are you looking at?
After he says this, the Teenagers jump at him and start punching and kicking him
Teen two:While punching him That's for calling our town deadbeat!
Teen one and three: Yeah
When the Yuppie falls unconcious they start to rummage through his breifcase
The Policeman:Offstage, shouting Oi, what do you think you are doing?
Teen one: Scarper!
As the Teenagers run off, the Policeman runs on, shouting
The Policeman:Running to the Yuppie Young hooligans!To the Yuppie Right, lets see how you are!
He gets his walkie talkie out of his jacket
The Policeman:Into the walkie talkie Mable, we've got a situation
The action on the stage freezes, the stage darkens. The Old Man walks on with a spotlight on him. The Yuppie and policeman have disappeared
Old Man: And that is the 80's now covered. We shall now travel back further. To the 60's
The stage darkens. A dizzolve of 60's music can be heard. When the stage lights up again, it is separated in two. On sidelooks like a lounge, while the other is a child's bedroom
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who don't know. A Yuppie was a "Young-Upwardly mobilie-person"
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:35 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Hmm. Interesting.

This isn't too bad a take on the 80s, but you could probably do a little more describing at the beginning. Tell us what the square looks like, other than a wall and radio; tell me what the teens are wearing, and the policeman, and the yuppie... A little more detail might help me picture this better.

And do you think you could separate the cues/descriptions from the actual quoting a little more? I know that, where I'm from, they put the cues/descriptions in parentheses... But I can't tell you exactly what to do; we all have different styles of writing, and, if this is yours, I will respect that.

But still. An interesting idea for a play. :wink:
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:19 am
skutter11 says...

Thanks! I've just been playing with this cocept for a while now, so I think I shall carry it on! Onward to the 60's! :smt004
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief