z

Young Writers Society

Character Conversations

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:15 pm
sabradan says...

"Welcome, Emma to David's grotto. Here's where the party's at," he says in his best immitation of American Hip hop voice. He walks over to the CD player checks the contents and presses play. Israeli hip hop/dance mix begins to play. He sits down and enjoys the beer he pulled out of the cooler before he went to get Emma.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

147 Reviews

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:18 pm
sabradan says...

"Welcome, Emma to David's grotto," Ari said as he walked over to the beer he left and sat down and began to drink. He unslung his rifle and stood it against the rock wall. He walked over to the cd player and inspected its contests, and then pressed play. Israeli hip hop and dance music began to play.
"Nu, Emma? What do you think?" Ari asked.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:43 am
Shadow Knight says...

The young man gets out of the water, and lays on the sand, waiting to dry
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:12 am
Emma says...

Emma looks around, impressed then the guy with the black clothes comes over and sits down, she raises an eyebrow.

"Who the hell is he? Is he David?" She asks,

She takes a seat on the sand and stares out at the sea. She can't drink anymore, just looking at the drinks makes her feel sick.

147 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:32 pm
sabradan says...

Ari laughs so hard that beer almost comes out his nose.
"Emma, you've been in this country for four years, and you still haven't realized that almost everything in this country is named after a biblical personality?" Ari asked incredulouosly. "This grotto is called 'David's Grotto' after King David," Ari said, still laughing.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:48 pm
Wandwaver says...

Wandwaver wonders what the heck is going on and prepares to leave.

OHH!!! Cookies, huh, Emma?
I am Sash Greenlea, Padawan Learner

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:28 pm
Shadow Knight says...

(this kinda came to a halt... so time to revive it)
The young man feels that he's being laughed at, flinches, and puts his t-shirt back on
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

683 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:43 pm
Emma says...

(heehee)

Emma looks at the guy put his t-shirt on,

"Awww don't put your t-shirt on, it ain't that cold..." She says,

She turns her head to the sea again, a feeling in her stomach makes her start to cough, she runs to where she can't be seen and is sick, after she is done she turns to Ari and smiles weekly,

"You got any water?" She asks,

147 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:11 pm
sabradan says...

Ari smiles knowingly, and nods.
"I think so, hold on," he says as he digs through the cooler. He couldn't find anything, so finally, he reached down at his belt and lifted off his canteen and opened it. "Here," he said. "Water"

As she was drinking, he asked her, "So, for someone who has lived here for four years, you seem to be very awkward and unknowing about things around here. Tell me a little bit more about you; why did you move here, where from, and things of that nature. Not to be picky or anything, but you know, we Israelis are curious people," he said as she downed his canteen.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

683 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:34 pm
Emma says...

She handed back his canteen and sighed,

"I barely know you, why would I be giving out my details? Well... We moved here cos my dad's company had moved and stuff, me and my mum didn't want to but we ended up agreeing, he gets alot of money from his job, cos of the money I get a home schooled, no way am I going to a public school, hardly come out my house cos there's plenty to do inside, if I do go out its because the dog needs walking... So you happy? Tell me about you then, you Jewish? Most people I have known are, the religion is popular here ain't it?" she answered,

She looked at him, the place here was great, but she would prefer to go back to good old England, life was good there, she still visits England alot, most of the time with her mum because her dad is so busy working. She sighed again and sat down on the sand.

147 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:39 pm
sabradan says...

"Okay, okay, no need to get ah...angry," Ari replied. "That would explain alot of why you act different than most people who live here. You aren't really immersed in the culture, are you? No one ever taught you about our culture, and you don't go out and experience it. No wonder your so skiddish around me and my gun...." Ari said jockularly.

"Yes, well, it is the Jewish state, so I would assume most people are Jewish. I am, but I'm not super religious. I am what we call 'masorti', or conservative. I go to synogogue maybe twice a month, and I drive on sabbath, but I keep kosher, that type of things. I take it you aren't Jewish, right?" Ari said, questioningly.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

683 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:22 pm
Emma says...

Emma hangs her head and looks at her feet,

"Sorry," She mutters, "And no, I'm not Jewish, but my papa is... And my gran but we hardly see each other... Why do you have the gun? You're not planing to shoot anyone are you?"

Sh looks around,

"Wheres Ivy?" She asks,

147 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:44 pm
sabradan says...

Ari laughs so hard he almost chokes on his beer.
"No, I'm not going to shoot anyone here. For someone whose lived here for four years, you sure don't know much about this country....I have this gun because I am doing my military service for this country, and this is my weapon I was issued. And its illegal under Israeli law to leave my weapon unattended," Ari said. "You need to get out more and experience this country, and learn about it more," Ari said seriously.

"I don't know where Ivy is. I thought she was in the water," Ari said.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:29 pm
Areida says...

Ivy has been listening to Ari and Emma speak, her slightly imbibed mind only taking in half of what it normally did.

"I'm over here," she says.

She's been sitting against the wall, trying to decide if it would be better to show up in the middle of her parents' party soaking wet and partially drunk or just to sneak back in after the whole thing is over and take the rap in the morning. She's leaning toward the latter.

She uses the wall to push herself to her feet and walks across the cave so she's standing near Emma and Ari.

"May I have some of that water?" she asks, then mentally hits herself for the "may I". She's trying to drive out the manners that have been pounded into her head since birth. They aggravate her, especially because they've become a part of her normal speech.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

683 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:57 pm
Emma says...

She stares at Ari then shakes her head with an angry exprestion.

"I'm not gonna go out and 'learn' more about this country, it isn't paradise living here you know... I could be bombed or something stupid... I bet that's what you guys want, us Innocent ones to be bombed... Argh I'm sorry, I'm tired... And my head hurts a bit..." She says,

She notices Ivy coming closer, a smile appears on her face, as she asks for water... She was so posh... 'may I?' awww... It sounds funny. She laughs into her self, the two look at her and she turns towards the man in black and sits next to him.

"hi..." She mutters,

"She doesn't even go here!"
— Damian Leigh