z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:38 pm
BeKaHart says...

You know you're a writer when you purchase a texting phone purely because when you have sudden inspiration, you don't want to be caught forgetting it.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:21 am
Ellyphant says...

You know you're a writer when a character obsesses you until you get his/her story down.

You know you're a writer when you fall asleep with a pencil in your hand and your head on a new story.

You know you're a writer when you start to wake up in the middle of the night because you have a new scene that needs to be written.

I'm guilty to all of these
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:08 am
Black Rabbit says...

You know you're a writer when...

...you begin to accept the ideas suggested by the voices in your head...

...you mistakenly wrote about some material for your plot instead of the topic given by the teacher...

...you get irked by grammatical mistakes...

...you often edit everything you read inside your head...

...you analyze everything for story/plot material - from the way your younger brother brushes his teeth to the development of the movies you watch...

...you hate it when other people interrupts you from meditating your 'plot zone'...

...you wake up too early even at weekends just because all you could ever think about was to write...

...you experience nerve-wrecking writer's block from time to time...

...everything you write is extremely long...

...you have a way with words...

...you can't live without a laptop.

XD

True story. I pledge by my name. :D
["Don’t be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir]
Rabbit Syndrome - Get your FREE reviews here!
LINK:
forum188.html

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 pm
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:You know you're a writer when you're about to pass out from pain and think: at least I know how that feels now for my writing.

Mmhm. I recently held my breath when stepping into the bathroom, and I don't know what happened. My vision started getting all patchy, bright lights started to block everything else, and then I hear a loud thump. The next thing I know, I'm on the floor and my side is sore.

I'm so using that in my story. It sounds cool.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:40 am
Chloe(: says...

Mmhm. I recently held my breath when stepping into the bathroom, and I don't know what happened. My vision started getting all patchy, bright lights started to block everything else, and then I hear a loud thump. The next thing I know, I'm on the floor and my side is sore.

I'm so using that in my story. It sounds cool.

That happens to me when I get shots/bloodtests/ear piercing/step on a needle/think about anything mentioned earlier. I'm terrified of needles and pressure. I'm terrified when I hear about how the human body works. I can only recall three times fainting, but there have been close calls.

Lol, it does sound cool. But it's scary, and that makes it all the better! *laughs uneasily* But it's true. :P
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:04 am
TexanWriter says...

Ahem. :backtotopic: (I've always wanted to use that emoticon!)

You know you're a writer when it becomes your excuse for insanity/stupidity/clumsiness/exhaustion.

(Walk into a wall, "I meant to do that! I was just trying to see what it feels like to get punched in the face for my book." I do stupid things and blame it on my imagination. Works.)
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:42 pm
Chloe(: says...

I can so agree.

You know you're a writer when you analyze your emotions when you're defeated.

Happened today, and to make it worse(or better) I was defeated, and it was an unfair week long event.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:04 pm
.:Elf:. says...

You know you're a writer when pain in your wrist gives you ideas (heheh, watch out characters!)

You know you're a writer when the first thing you grab before leaving the house is a notebook.

You know you're a writer when you are so preoccupied the above that you don't realize until half way down the street that you should have changed your shirt.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:57 pm
Tally says...

You know you're a writer when only writing will make you feel better.
"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words." - Orwell, 1984.

icon by
[url=http://berauscht.livejournal.com/7074.html]cherry blossoms
[/url]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you buy a book titled You Know You're a Writer When... (And yes, there is such a book, and yes, I did buy it. xD That line's actually the last one in the book.)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:56 am
ImaginativeInsanity says...

You know you're a writer when you've ever shouted out the perfect name for one of your characters right in the middle of class, then frantically scramble for a notebook to write it on.

You know you're a writer when you have a 2-hour conversation with your dad about how to reconnect with your story.

You know you're a writer when you're paranoid if you don't hear your characters in your head.

You know you're a writer when random spurts of dialogue burst into your head every so often, and every once in a while, one will spark an epic story idea.

You know you're a writer when you wake up in the morning feeling extremely distraught because you just forgot that dream you had... and it was the best idea ever!

You know you're a writer when your friends have stopped freaking out because they think we had homework that they forgot to do when you're writing something during class.
Please help spread the word about the New YWS Transition by including the following in your sig:

From August 17 to 24, YWS will be down. See this for more info!

And don't forget to register at the backup site

Are we all possibly characters in someone else's novel?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:15 am
Jamie_rocks says...

you mentally re-write chapters you read in books,

That is so me! I do it all the time when I don't like an ending. Like the book I just finished reading (Fablehaven, book 4) the ending made me want to cry, so I'm in the process of an extensive rewrite.

I did the reading at recess thing too, only I did it during fourth grade. My teacher actually called my parents and told them about it because she was concerned by the fact that I wasn't socializing.

I thought I was the only one who would narrate my life as it was playing out. It's irritating actually, I'm trying to stop.

You know you're a writer when you watch a movie and the whole time you're distracted trying to guess how each scene was written in the book. Or if there's no book, you're mentally writing one as you watch.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:19 am
Jamie_rocks says...

I couldn't resist coming back. I thought of a bunch more.

You knwo you're a writer when...

-people have claimed to have had conversations with you while you were writing that you have no memory of.
-when your science teacher wasn't looking, you would go up to the whiteboard and correct all of his grammar and spelling mistakes.
-you have corrected a handout/test/homework assignment and given it back to your teacher with their grade on it.
-if left to your own devices, you would spend a straight week writing in "the Zone" without pausing to eat, sleep, shower, or use the bathroom.
-you have arguments with your characters (out loud or in your head).
-you have yet to win any of said arguments.
-after developing a crush on one of your characters, you have debated adding a character with your name simply so they can end up together.
-you couldn't sleep the night before your first day of high school because you had to keep getting up to write down phrases, dialogue, and possible plots about how you're feeling.
-if a "real person" makes you angry, you will put them in your book and kill them painfully.
-your twenty-year-old step sister has had you write her college papers for her.
-you were excited about getting to write said papers.
-she had to rewrite half of the aforementioned paper to "dumb it down" so it sounded more like her.
-your notebook s have food stains on them because you attempted to write a story while eating lunch in the school cafeteria.

-uR lKnG tHrU tHeSe ThNkNg "ThTs mE!!!" oN eVrY oThR 1.
-you almost got a headahce trying to read that.
-you are now feeling the urge to stab me multiple times with a very sharp object.

That's all I've got. They all apply to me, and i can totally agree with about 95% of these.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Reviews: 1
Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:19 pm
bbqueen says...

You know you’re a writer when:
Go on Google and find the prefect music for the scene your writing
Get the prefect story idea in 5 o' clock in the morning
Make characters with bits and pieces of your real family and friends
Make a million pre-writing things before you actually write
There's something delicious about writing those first few words of a story. Miss Potter

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:22 pm
roon says...

You know you’re a writer when:

You’ve actually been banned by your parents from buying anymore books.

The books you do have fill 3 bookcases and are beginning to pile up on your bedside tables.

Your mum walks in on you talking to a character and doesn’t find it weird anymore.

YWS is above even topshop on your most visited page.

When you meet new people you pretend to be one of your characters just for fun.

Your essay on Electromagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy for chemistry turns into a novel about a lonely scientist.

You’re struggling to find a post that doesn’t fit you on this thread.

You write a letter to a company because their flyer is poorly punctuated, badly spelt and just plain boring.

You wake up from a dream just so you can run and write it down, but are tripped up by a pile of books.

The back of your history book is full of poems you’re worried your friends will find.

You’ve been to a literature festival, and it was the best weekend of your life!

You queued up for hours just to get your first edition Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book signed by J.K herself!

You write your friends into your story just so you can kill them off when they annoy you.

You use your characters comebacks in real life.

When someone asks you why you’re writing a story, you reply “So I can find out what happens!” With a look on you face that’s says ‘that’s obvious, duh!’.

You damn your RE teacher for all eternity because she can’t spell prophet, no matter how many times you correct her.

All your teachers ask if anyone knows how to spell something, but they’re really looking at you, as is the rest of the class.

You think chat speak is a shame because vowels are becoming extinct.

You have different pens for different kinds of writing.

You try to negotiate more words for your essay, not less.

When someone asks you what a word you said meant, and you replied with forty longer ones.

You don’t ever settle for a one word answer.

Your science teacher spells things incorrectly, and uses bad grammar purposefully just to get at you.

You snorted delightfully with laughter when you decided you would reply to this thread.

~ Roon

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown