z

Young Writers Society

Answering machines

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:27 am
Fand says...

Lynne Eberly: Viva la revolucion! Hopefully not the latter. Oh, and wrong number. I'm rootin' for ya.

Lynne's answering machine: Die.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:34 am
bubblewrapped says...

Lady Grace: I beg your pardon - there must be some mistake. I was calling about the soiree on Monday next, but I believe I have dialled the wrong number. I'm just not used to these machines! Terribly sorry to have troubled you. Goodbye!

The Answering Machine of Lady Grace Daniels: I'm so very sorry, but my husband and I must be out at the moment, as we would surely love to take your call. Please leave your name and contact details after the tone and one of us will most certainly get back to you as soon as ever we can. Thank you so much! Goodbye!
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:33 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Lydia- Eh well I think this is the wrong number. I don't know any one this perky. But do yourself a favor, cut the airs will you?

Jessica's Answering Machine Hey this is Jess. Leave a message, blah blah blah, you know the drill. Oh and come by the bar sometime, Goddess knows we could use some more debauchery around here.
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:13 pm
Roaming Shadow says...

(Diego)
"I'd rather not leave a message, so I'll stop by shortly. I'll probobly be there before you hear this, but just in case. And don't prepare anything, I won't be there long."

Diego's voicemail
"This is Diego. I'm busy right now, and likely won't get back to you for a few hours. If it's important leave a message. I'll get back to you when I can."
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:49 am
View Likes
Phanzanu says...

Dh'troi
"Oh, I think I got the wrong number. Hmm... where did I go wrong? *mumble mumble*" BEEP!

Iuna's Answering Machine
"Hee~y! This is Iuna. I think you may want to talk to me, but, obviously you're not talking to me. I'll try to get back to you later, k?" BEEP!

72 Reviews

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:15 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Jyace- Um, right. I don't think I want to talk to you actually.

Apphia's Answering Machine

CATHERINE GET AWAY FROM THE CORDS YOU WRETCHED OAF OF A RELATIVE! Oh, ahem. This is Apphia of the Charity-Mason family, I'm not here right now. Please leave a message- CATHERINE YOU BUMBLING IDIOT STOP PICKING YOUR NOSE!
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:48 am
Myth says...

Monessa to Apphia: You know, keeping a few things private wouldn't hurt. By the way, little Catherine left a disgusting mark on my chesterfield and someone has to clean it up.

Brenna: I'm never here am I? What's your story? I promise to get back to you soon.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:52 pm
Shafter says...

Pain to Brenna:
What do you mean, my story? I'm out here robbing innocent travelers and living with a bunch of cutthroat men. In fact, I was meaning to call Nameless but called you instead. Apologies. I need to put Nameless on speed-dial. Bye. *BEEP*

Jaist's answering machine:
Greetings, caller, you've reached the cell phone of Jaist Isiahson, and I suggest you leave a brief message before my melodious voice sets you into a trance of some sort... If this is business with the inn, press one. If this is personal, press two. If this is a wrong number, press three and leave me an entertaining message. Good day. *Chime*
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

72 Reviews

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:03 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Ai- *Stays silent on the line until the time runs out, apparently under a trance of some sort.*

Mel's Answering Machine Oi bitches this is Mel's cellphone. If this is Ma, yes I've been going to my AA meetings, no I haven't gotten AIDS and no I will not find a nice boy and settle down. Leave a message.
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:42 am
Snoink says...

Sadie's father:

Hello, you have reached my house. No, I am not going to tell you my name, because obviously the author was too lazy to actually give me a proper name. Anyway, for some reason, I can't reach the phone. This may be due to the author trying to kill me, but you never know. Maybe Carolina wants to get at me. That actually might not be so bad. Oh. Carolina wants to make a phone call, so that's why she's doing that. Okay. Well, leave a message anyway. And Carolina, stop for a moment, please. I said stop! Oh, okay fine. No, I don't think the recording has ended. Wait, let me push this--- BEEP!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

55 Reviews

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:55 pm
Shafter says...

Narvik to Sadie's father:
So your writer's too busy to give you a proper name? How about "Bill?" *pause* Alright, wrong number. I'll hang up. *BEEP*

Torture's answering machine:
*Automated message voice* I am sorry but I AM unable toanswer YOUR message RIGHT now. Would you please TRY again later. *BEEP*
Got YWS?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:31 pm
bubblewrapped says...

Amara:
**click**

Amara's Answering Machine:
Hello. You have reached the central palace. Unfortunately there is no-one here to take your call at present. If this is an emergency, press 1. If you're part of the cabinet, press 2. For the diplomatic staff, press 3. For the civil planning committee, please press 4. For accounting, press 5. All other enquiries please leave a message with my secretary and someone will get back to you eventually. **BEEP**
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

55 Reviews

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:00 pm
Shafter says...

Myron to Amara:
Uhm, hello, my name's Myron. I wasn't sure who to call, but directory assistance sent me here... anyway, I seem to have a problem with ending up in other writer's heads-- Gyr and Sage, namely. I was wondering if there was anything your government could do about it. If you want to call me back with an answer, please do. Thanks. *BEEP*

Nameless' answering machine:
Greetings, you've come upon the answering machine of the Nameless. If you are trying to assasinate me, press one. If you desire to know why I call myself Nameless, press two. If you have news that would interest me, press three. If you have official Renegade business, press four. If you're Torture, press five to page me. If you're Jaikal, hang up immediately or I will have my men stab you to death in the night. Thank you. Have a nice day. *Chime*
Got YWS?

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:54 pm
Duskglimmer says...

L'ira to Nameless

Thanks. I will.

L'ira's answering machine

Hello, if you're calling for L'ira Cyrok, you've got the wrong number. Hang up, try again. If you're calling for Se'Kira Maagin, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. If your name is Callan, leave me alone and stop calling me L'ira! Do you want to get me caught? *growls, realizes what she just said* Yeah... have a nice day!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:13 am
tinny says...

Wires to L'ira

A nice day eh? Something must be up with this telephone again.

Wires' answering machine

This is Wires. If you want Winina hang up before I trak you down and shoot you, if you want to talk about HPM hang up before I hunt you down and shoot you. If it's Tan, yes, more peppermint tea is needed.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix