z

Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:57 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Jake: "'S alright. I don't need to shed blood to hurt anyone."

Vanessa: "Shut up, Jake. And actually, Blake, we do need that many names. Because if we only use one, how easily would it be to track us down? Whereas if your name changes every other month or so..."

Marc: "It's a lot easier to slip under the radar."

Vanessa: "Which is very important. Some of the first generation rarely use their given names, only their titles."

Jake: "Because they're cowards."

Marc: "Right."

Vanessa: *faintly annoyed* "Because they're smart."

Marc: "They don't ever leave the Hall, not even to swim. How intelligent is that? They're paranoid."

Vanessa: "Not as paranoid as Jake."

Marc: "Well, yeah, but no one's as paranoid as Jake."

Jake: *shrug*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:28 pm
Twit says...

"Naming can be like the White Knight's song. You know, it's called this, but its name is this, and the song actually is this." ~Clover

"My name is. I am called. I am." ~the Raven

"What?" ~Kit

"Nothing and everything." ~the Raven

"And what's that mean?" ~Kit

"Everything and nothing." ~the Raven

"Well, that was helpful." ~Kit

*the Raven whirls around in a circle* "I have syn-THE-sia! I have dys-LEX-ia! I have AS-per-ger's!"

"No you don't." ~Fal.

"If you're cheesed off and you know it, scream, 'Get lost!' Get lost. If you're cheesed off and you know it, scream, 'Get lost!' Get lost. If you're cheesed off and you know it and you really want to show it, if you're cheesed off and you know it, scream, 'Get lost!' Get lost. *the Raven flops down on the floor, breathless* "You know, there's a coarser version to that. I'm far too well bred to sing it, though."
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:24 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "I think it's past somebody's bedtime."

Jake: "What's synthesia? Is it that thing where people see words in color and pictures and stuff?"

Vanessa: "What?"

Marc: "What?"

Jake: "Like your eyes have ADD."

Vanessa: "I'm so comfused."
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:56 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

'I'm confused too.'-Blake

'Me too. If it helps. Everyone here confuses me. Why can't anyone make sense round here?'-Ethan

'I dunno. They probably like being confusing.'-Blake

'I don't know why they can't stay on subject instead of going completely off topic.'-Ethan

'I know loads of people who do that, and it's because they lack social skills.'-Blake

'What sort of social skills?'-Ethan

'Being able to keep a conversation for more than five minutes without going off on a tangent."-Blake

'Ah. That makes sense.'-Ethan
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

241 Reviews

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:52 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: *sniggers* "What? Us? Lacking social skills? Are you kidding, I am the queen of social skilldom!"

Jake: "Skilldom?"

Marc: "Yes it's a made-up word. Deal with it."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:25 pm
Twit says...

"Oooh, made-up words!" ~the Raven

"Don't set her off again." ~Fal.

"Off again, off again, off again..." ~the Raven

"Be quiet." ~Kit

"Quiet, quiet, quiet..." ~the Raven

*Rohsair moans*

"Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange? Paham mae dicter, O Myfanwy, Yn llenwi'th lygaid duon di?" ~the Raven

"Ow, ow, don't! You're singing it all out of tune!" ~Rohsair

"Pa le mae'r wên oedd ar dy wefus Fu'n cynnau 'nghariad ffyddlon ffôl? Pa le mae sain dy eiriau melys, Fu'n denu'n nghalon ar dy ôl?" ~the Raven

*Rohsair moans again*
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Sat May 03, 2008 11:32 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "A lon sylruala ilmaen a dahaerala."

Vanessa: "I don't think she cares, Marc."

Marc: "She should care. It drives people crazy. Poor Rohsair's having a aneurysm."

53 Reviews

Sun May 04, 2008 9:55 pm
View Likes
Heidigirl666 says...

'Why is everyone speaking in weird languages? Can I join in? Can I speak Hebrew, or even better, Yiddish?'-Ethan

'Babe, don't show off. No one wants to hear you speak weird Jewish languages.'-Blake

'They're not weird, they're cool. You're just jealous, because you don't speak any other languages.'-Ethan

'What am I, five? I'm not jealous. Besides, I know some French. I can talk forever about what I did in my holidays last year, or next year.'-Blake

'That'll make for interesting conversation. Last year, I was in prison, next year I'll be in prison...'-Ethan

'Yeah, that was an issue in our French class...'-Blake
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Allyson: Will you stop talking about your stupid French Class! Nobody cares!

Daniel: Allyson, seriously, let him talk about his French class.

Elizabeth: I speak fluent Italian.

Allyson and Daniel: Shut up!

241 Reviews

Mon May 05, 2008 2:47 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "Yiddish is good. I like Yiddish."

Vanessa: "Italian is fun too. Very flowery and elegant."

Jake: "I'm partial to English."

Vanessa: "It's lovely to see some new people, too."

Marc: "Except that now Jake will be paranoid again."

Jake *raises eyebrows*

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon May 05, 2008 3:16 am
Ross says...

Cara: Oh, my God...you guys are seriously wasted!

Brian: Someone brought some cocaine?
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

241 Reviews

Mon May 05, 2008 3:34 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "Well, hello, nice to meet you to. Now why don't you shove that cheerful greeting up your a**."

Vanessa: *raises an eyebrow* "Normally I would correct your manners, Marc, but they were inexcusably rude. Why the cold greeting? And what does cocaine have to do with anything?"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 am
Twit says...

"They're druggies!" ~the Raven

*head in hands* "This is messed up. Do you realize what we are?" ~Clover

"Amazingly attractive?" ~the Raven

"No! We're a bunch of depressed, weird, insane, abnormal people who are depressed and do weird, insane and abnormal things." ~Clover

"You forgot the mixed-breed-freak part. I'm neglected!" ~the Raven

"But heck, who wants to be normal?" ~Clover

"Me." ~the Raven

"No you don't. You lap all this up. You love being the only one who recites the bones of the hand when they want to concentrate and the effects of heroin when they want to calm down." ~Fal.

"And you love putting things in other people's mouths. Ew, gross." ~the Raven

"Why'd you want to go anywhere near the Raven's mouth?" ~Iolo

"Hello." ~Teri

"Ew! No! A scientist!" ~the Raven

"Hi Teri." ~Midge

"You're here as well?" ~the Raven

"Hi Scav." ~Gnat

"Oh great, all the pests are here." ~the Raven

"Shut up. You know you're pleased to see us." ~Midge

"Uh... no?" ~the Raven

"Shut up. You are." ~Midge

"I don't think she is, actually, Midge." ~Gnat

"Don't call me Midge." ~Midge

"Maggie?" ~Gnat

"Better." ~Midge

"Jeez, we're crowded in here. This is just another sign of how doomed we are. We're doomed! Doomed..." ~Clover

"Oh be quiet, Fraser." ~Fal.

*Clover grins at Fal*

*Gnat sits down on the floor and makes himself comfortable*

*Midge looks at everyone* "Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Margaret - "

"Midge." ~the Raven

"Margaret." ~Midge

"Midge." ~the Raven

"Margaret!" ~Midge

"Midge." ~the Raven

"Oh shut up." ~Midge

*Teri looks at everyone rather shyly* "Hello."

#TNT

53 Reviews

Mon May 05, 2008 9:56 am
Heidigirl666 says...

'Cocaine? If someone's mentioning cocaine they have to be worse than us.'-Blake

'Oh God, let's not start talking drugs. How stupid do you have to be to do cocaine?'-Ethan

'Yeah, I mean God, the come down from snorting coke can be so rough.'-Blake

'What, you've tried it?'-Ethan

'Yeah, a few times. It was not good. Made me puke. Smack is good though, makes you numb.'-Blake

'Heroin?'

'Yeah; it's just what you need when you just wanna stop feeling anything...have I really never told you any of this?'-Blake

'I think I'd remember if you had...'-Ethan

'I only tried it a few times. I didn't wanna go getting hooked on it; I saw what it made Dom into and I wasn't gonna do that, but hey, you gotta try everything once, right?'-Blake

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue May 06, 2008 1:26 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Elizabeth: No! The molucular chemcals in cocaine can begin infatuating you brain even after you only do a few repititious trials of the material!

Allyson: Shut up!

Daniel: Translation of what Liz said, you can get addicted after using it only a few times.

Elizabeth: Stop calling me Liz!

Daniel: But Elizabeth is so long!

Allyson: Both of you, shut up!

I was flummoxed by fractious Franny's decision to abrogate analgesics for the moribund victims of the recent conflagration. Of course, to display histrionics was discretionary, but I did so anyways, implicating a friend in my drama to make the effect cumulative. I think a misanthrope would have a prosaic appellation, perhaps one related to autonomy and the rejection of anthropocentrism. I think they wouldn't think much of the prominence of watching the coagulation of tea to prognosticate future malevolent events, not even if those events were related to jurisprudence.
— Spearmint