z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:06 am
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when you're constantly thinking about writing. The thrill of a new piece, a fresh idea. The excitement when your story is really getting going. The satisfaction of seeing numerous pages of your work littering throughout many notebooks.
When words are the most beautiful things in the world to you.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:31 pm
Demeter says...

[quote]You know you're a writer when you can pick out various story ideas from catching the ends of sentences of random conversations in the school hallways.[/quote]

Oh yeah...

You know you're a writer when you wake up in the middle of the night just to write down a piece of dialogue/a good expression/anything to the notebook next to your pillow.

And you know you spend too much time in YWS when, writing with a pencil, you actually write [i][/i] around the word you want to be emphasized, instead of underlining it/writing it bigger letters.

I really did that once.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

Demeter wrote:And you know you spend too much time in YWS when, writing with a pencil, you actually write around the word you want to be emphasized, instead of underlining it/writing it bigger letters.

I really did that once.

Oh, gosh, I almost did that and I keep wanting to!

You know your a writer when what keeps you awake at night isn't how you're going to do on your exam, but how you'll get your characters out of their current (nail-bitting) situation. (So very, very guilty)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:21 am
WaterVyper says...

You know you're a writer when you have a shirt that says, "I have Writer's Block!" and wear it in public whenever you actually do have it.

You know you're a writer when you abhor from using IM because of everyone using atrocious grammar. When you do get on, you chew people out for not using proper capitalization, spelling, etcetera.

You know you're a writer when your friends know to leave you alone when you have a pen/pencil and paper in your hands. Either that or when you get 'the look' in your eye.

I am guilty of all of the above.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:21 am
Meep(: says...

You know you're a writer when...

You say you've got stuff to do and your friends reply:
"Let me guess... you're going to write again."

You have a tendency to correct all spelling, grammatical, punctuation and even pronounciation mistakes.

You do not use chatspeak in sms-es or instant messaging, no matter how long it takes you to spell out the entire sentence.

The best of them all:
You know you're a writer when you join YWS!!! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:34 pm
WaterVyper says...

You know you're a writer when, scratch notebook, you have an entire folder dedicated to writing!

You know you're a writer when you beg your parents for "Just ten more minutes!" and sneak a few more hours.
There once was a cat.

1272 Reviews

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:59 pm
Rosendorn says...

WaterVyper wrote:You know you're a writer when you beg your parents for "Just ten more minutes!" and sneak a few more hours.

You know you're a writer when you're parents deny you ten more minutes for that reason.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 pm
Ducati says...

You know you're a writer when you get annoyed a people who say a historical. It's an historical!
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:53 pm
Gahks says...

You know you're a writer when you force people to read your work even though they probably got F in GCSE English.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when you never get any sleep because the plot bunnies attack you constantly.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 am
LilyJamey says...

You know you're a writer when the first thing you do when you log in on your computer is open Word.

You know you're a writer when you think of writing everytime there's a silence.
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when the first thing you do when you turn on your computer is open YWS.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Gahks says...

You know you're a writer when you write competition judges letters screaming: "MY WORK IS BRILLIANT AND HAS TO BE FIRST PLACE," even though the rules explicitly say, "no correspondence shall be entered into."

And of course you send them another letter after the results screaming: "WHY DID YOU NOT REWARD MY EFFORTS? I WILL BRIBE YOU TO MAKE ME FIRST," even though the rules also say, "the judges' decision is final."
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

122 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:14 pm
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

^^
Isn't that a little too extreme?

You know you're a writer when you stay awake at night, talking to the voices in your head.

You know you're a writer when you can see who the voices belong to.
There once was a cat.

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:46 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you can't tell when you've fallen asleep because you dream about the scenes you had been thinking of before falling asleep.

^I do that so much.

can we just be proud Nate isnt selling his bathwater. yewis celebrities are the best celebrities
— fatherfig