Young Writers Society

What do you like seeing in RPs?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:08 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I've got the roleplaying itch again and a lot of my YWS roleplays have slowed down activity-wise, so I think it's time for a new one. :)

But I'm not entirely sure what to do for it, so I thought I'd make a thread here. What do you really like seeing in a roleplay? I'm definitely a fan of any and all identity shenanigans—which you might have guessed if we've roleplayed together before.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Anything fantasy for me! But I supposed that’s what a lot of others would say as well, haha. I’ve been wanting to join new RPs myself. :) What level are you thinking of this being, like Roleplay Realm, Storybook, or Duo? For Storybooks, I guess I like to see an adventure happening, for a lower level RP, something a little more chill where it can focus a bit more on character exploration and maybe them just having fun/chilling, or figure some things out about that world, etc.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Lael good question! I'm definitely aiming for RP Realm, or maybe a duo or two as well if I have characters that would vibe well with someone else's. :)

And that's really good to know! I may or may not have a vague idea for a chiller rp right now, but I just need to figure out the specifics. I'll let you know if/when I post it!

I'm also realizing now that it's almost spooky season and I'll inevitably want to make Halloween-themed rps. >>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle