z

Young Writers Society

The Time (started, but still you can join)

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:39 am
Veni says...

Fran

I answered his question with another, "What's the greatest mystery of all time?"

He just stared at me like I was going mad. "No really," I continue, for some reason nervous for to prove my sanity to him."That is my quest, to find the solutions to the mysteries of the world, and then decide whether to alone them or not."
I felt myself opening up to him, trusting him. I could see it in his eyes. They spoke of intrigue but not of betrayal. Less cautious this time, I said, "I suppose you have one too"
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

20 Reviews

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:13 am
Veni says...

Lyn

The stink leaches out from under me. I squawk and flap up into the sky for a moment, dropping the bracelet on top of the crate of ..... rotten cabbages. I had been so distracted from the game of chase, I didn't pay attention to where I landed.

When I land again, she is pocketing her bracket and looking me. As she opened her mouth probably to scold me, I break in first. "Well Miss Quinn, you have been causing a bit of trouble haven't you."

She stares at me, shocked, as you may expect when a bird starts talking to you. She splutters out, "Cress?"

To satisfy her concern, I inform her, "She's fine. She just let me share her body for a while." Teasingly I add, "But, you probably won't be fine, when the master finds out you've been causes trouble again. "

Again, she is speechless, but her fast mind is still functioning because she deduces and mutters, "You're my clock."

"Yes," I reply. "But I would prefer you called me Lyn. That is no need to worry, I'm not going to betray you anytime soon, because TM would probably kill you. I have personal reasons to see you finish you're quest this time. Plus there is no love lost between the TM and me. Oh, to hell with it, rebellion is a bit of fun, things are getting a bit boring. So with your permission I will join your little rebellion plans and then we can get back to Jareth. Don't bother covering up around him. He knows I'm here and I'm looking forward to meeting him. "

I pause so she can recover from my long speech and await her reply.
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 am
RedBird says...

Quinn,

Well, life certainly has gotten more interesting of late. When Cressida first opened her beak and began speaking, I didn't know what to think. But then I realized: A Clock, possessing my companion. I'm angry at first, but as the Clock goes on about supporting my rebellion, it goes away, replaced by hope laced with a heavy dose of suspicion.

"You'll help me?" I ask slowly, and Cressida's head dips in acknowledgement.

"It's about time someone does it," Lyn-Cressida says, "And that a Quester would be the first to do so makes it even more entertaining!"
Cressida makes a strange screeching noise that I take to be laughter. I frown.

"But why? You're just bored? That's not going to make me trust you. How do I know you're not going to just get bored with me and report back to the TM? Seems like something you might do."

Lyn sounds offended, "I'd never," the raven says, "I'm your Clock, and I'll help you finish your Quest and mount your rebellion. Now let's get back to Jareth and that other Quester," Cressida flaps up into the air and lands on my shoulder. I glare at her.

"Could you, I dunno, unpossess her now? You're making me uncomfortable," I say.

Ravens can't roll their eyes, but that's basically what Cressida does, "Fine. I'll go find some drunkard. Be right back."

There is a sense of release, and then Cressida almost falls off my shoulder. She screeches and regains her balance, shaking her head in confusion. We go back out into the crowds, and before long, a short, dirty, and bearded man wearing a tattered coat and staved-in stovepipe hat approaches us.

"Lyn?" I ask hesitantly. The man nods, and we set off after Jareth and Alex. It doesn't take long to find them, standing under an awning at a pub.

"Have you had any results?" I ask, looking Jareth. Alex is staring at the man next to me.

"Who's he?" he asks in confusion.

"Quinn's Clock," Jareth says, without taking his eyes from me, and the man nods.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm
crossroads says...

Jareth

The man looked like he could use more than one good bath, after he hasn't had a roof over his head for ages. Nevertheless, there was no mistake - he was Quinn's Clock, and it was visible in her eyes. Jareth announced it to Alex, pretty sure that the other Clock counted on it anyway.
"Mister Jareth," the man bowed, so Jareth replied in the same way. "I was wondering if I'll meet you some day."
"Someday, everyone meets," Jareth said. "I've heard of you as well - liked you more as a raven, though. Lynus, I believe?"

"Lyn," the guy grinned. "So, this must be an important issue, whet they sent one of their own." He shut up as he noticed Jareth's face, but it was already done. Alex and Quinn frowned.
"What should that mean?" Quinn asked.
"Why did he say one of their own?" Alex took the side of the other Quester, quite understandable. Jareth wondered if he should rewind the time to a couple of minutes later, feeling his head hurt at the very thought.
"Nothing." He said. "I'm my Master's favorite."
"So then you two don't have the same master?"
Jareth fixed his eyes on Lyn's for a moment. In this strange moment, he had no idea if the Masters know or care what's happening with them.
"That's our to take care of." He said finally, and the Questers didn't seem pleased.
"How can we possibly tell that you won't betray us, then? You're not telling us anything really."

Sure I'm not, he thought to himself. He knew very well that they'd turn against him if he told them. And then he'd have to become their enemy - which, with Althea in the story along with him, wouldn't be a good idea.

But if he doesn't tell.. Will they trust him enough to do what he asked of them?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 pm
Alvarin says...

Aksel
"I'd love to," I said softly and we started walking towards the orphanage.

I had almost forgotten how much I loved.. Love John. It hurt too much to remember. Hopefully he was fine, but I knew that our house was located in what would become been West Berlin, and I also knew that when I visited our house in 2054 it had been torn down. I had found documents that suggested that my parents and my sister had fled to Switzerland, but no signs of John even arriving to Germany.

"I have rented the floor above the little printer's office, not far from here," I said in an attempt to focus on the present. Thinking of my past would do me no good, nor would it help John in any way. "You are welcome to take one of the rooms there."

"How much is the rent?"

"Keep your money, I have no need of it." I really didn't. All I needed was food and clothes, and my salary was more than enough to cover for that. Even if it wasn't I still had money left from the last time I was in Victorian England. "You can bring Ben there too."

"I don't understand," was all she said. I looked down at her. Her eyes looked happy, but she seemed like she didn't want to accept my 'charity'. She obviously wasn't used to having someone taking care of it.

"I try to help people when I can." She looked back up at me, a confused smile on her face. "To repent for my crimes," I reminded her. I wanted her to be aware that I wasn't a saint, but at the same time I didn't want to tell her exactly what I had done, because I was starting to appreciate the company. I couldn't remember the last time I had spoken with a friend.

"I already told you that I don't believe that."

We had reached the orphanage, and I held the door open for her. Kids immediately gathered round, probably believing that we wanted to adopt them. I couldn't even bare to look at them. Their pleading eyes made my heart bleed, but I knew too well that I couldn't do anything about it.

"Mum!" The young boy from the picture clung to Elizabeth.

The other kids' happiness disappeared almost immediately as they realized that we weren't there to adopt anyone. I put my trunk down, opened it enough for me to reach in and take something out. I didn't really want anyone to see all the things from the different eras that I had there.

A woman, who didn't look to happy, came to speak with Elizabeth. I greeted her as politely as I could, but then I bent down next to one of the older kids and held out the metal box. "It's a gift. At night you can put a candle here, and point this towards a empty wall, and crank this handle, and it'll show you a fairytale."

The boy smiled. "It's a projector. My father ha.." His voice trailed of and his smile disappeared.

I ruffled his hair. "Make sure everyone get to see it." He nodded dutifully.

I straightened up and noticed that both the woman and Elizabeth was looking at me with peculiar expressions. I simply shrugged and looked down at Ben. "I'm guessing that you're Benjamin?" I said and once again I bent down to be at the same level as him. "My name is Aksel Wolf."I held out my hand for him to shake, which he did with a expression so serious that it made me smile. The muscles in my face almost hurt, it had been such a long time since I smiled.

I looked up at Elisabeth who were smiling at us. "Are we good to go? 'Cause I'm craving something sweet, and I think that Benjamin is too. Right?" He nodded eagerly and smiled back at me.

As I straightened up I hurried to blink away a tear that threatened to spill over. I hadn't thought about John and Gry in a long time, and seeing Elizabeth and Ben made everything come back.

Spoiler! :
Has anyone watched ikoku no meiro croisee? I got the idea about the projector from there. Image
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Spoiler! :
Here it is, as said :)

Alex York:

"So, this must be an important issue, whet they sent one of their own." It was Lyn. What did he mean one of there own? Jareth gave him a death look, and he shut right up.

"What should that mean?" Quinn added from right next to me. Took the words out of my mouth.

"Why did he say one of their own?" that was me. I knew there was something funny about Jareth. Always dodging questions, never telling you everything.

"Nothing." Jareth said. "I'm my Master's favorite." I didn't truly believe him, but I let it slide.

"So then you two don't have the same master?" Quinn said.

"That's ours to take care of." said Jareth. Still dodging answers. But I knew I couldn't force him into anything, so I just kept quiet. I spoke,

"How can we possibly tell that you won't betray us, then? You're not telling us anything really."

"Look, when we get Althea back, I'll explain," Jareth said. I groaned, but I had no choice but to agree. He had the upper hand.

"Well then let's start walking," I said, and we set off. We walked around for an hour, and we still hadn't found anything. I was ready to throw in the towel when Jareth spoke.

"Wait, I feel it." He started walking, and I followed with Quinn and Lyn. I chuckled. Quinn and Lyn.

Spoiler! :
Not sure where you want her to be, so I'll just leave it there.
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 pm
CactusGirl says...

Demetheus

Franzika's quest confused me a bit, but I was go the general scheme. Her quest was almost impossible. My quest was almost impossible. Radius and Gill's quests were almost impossible. I was starting to see a pattern.

"I have to find a child prodigy," I said, no longer smiling at finding another quester. "Then I have to make one of their... pieces, creations... Well, I have to make them famous."

I ended in a mumble, looking down at my shoes. It began to rain, reminding me of the requirements the baker had given me. I swore quietly before jumping to my feet. It was a useless effort- it was too late to get any new clothes, like I had the money to get them. If I could get a room I could bathe, but I again ran into the problem of having no money. I dropped back down to the curb dejectedly.

"What's wrong?" Franzika asked, and I think she was concerned.

I shrugged, not really wanting to be pitied. "Oh, I'm just afraid I'll get fired tomorrow is all."

"Why?" Franzika asked me.

"The baker to told me to come back tomorrow with different clothes," I began, cursing myself as my problems slipped through my loose lips. "He also told me to come back looking cleaner. I'm supposed to be there at 7 am. I have no means of accomplishing almost any of this, considering I have no money."

She opened her mouth, probably to offer my money, but I rudely interrupted her.

"Keep your coins, please. I don't feel right taking them.

I pulled my legs towards my chest, resting my head on my knees and letting out a quiet and sad sigh. I could get a bath from the river, or even the creek near the tree I had slept in last night. The clothes were going to be a much bigger problem though. I didn't want to disappoint the baker, but it looked like I had no choice.

61 Reviews

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 am
RedBird says...

Quinn,

"How can we possible tell that you won't betray us, then?" I ask angrily, "You're not telling us anything, really."

"Look, when we get Althea back, I'll explain," Jareth says, although I have a hard time believing him, or Lyn, for that matter.

"We'll then, let's start walking," Alex says, a bit of forced cheer in his voice. I nod slightly and stride ahead of the others. Lyn hurries to catch up with me.

"You can trust him, you know," he says, an unctuous smile on his face.

"I don't even trust you," I snap, and Cressida clacks her beak in agreement, "And you're my Clock. You said your self that you're only helping me rebel because it would shake things up. How do I know that Jareth didn't agree for the same reason? It was stupid of me to ask him."

Before Lyn can respond, Jareth stops, "Wait, I feel it," he says, excitement notable in his voice. He walks past me and Lyn and we follow, Alex catching up to us. We wind through the streets and crowds of people, and Jareth starts walking faster until he's almost running. When he finally stops, we're in front of an unassuming building with average sized windows and an awning out front. Another tavern?

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the shortness...I wasn't sure how you wanted to handle finding Althea.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

20 Reviews

Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 am
Veni says...

Lyn
I quickly reply to Quinn, "Look, like I said I also have personal reasons why you must finish your quest."

But then I turn to Jareth.I know Jareth just rushing in could blow the whole operation, so I call out to him, "Wait, Jareth, think about this" When he stops and looks at me, I plow on, "Someone has taken a girl who is important to you. The only person who do that would be a clock. And if you just walk in there with no idea what you are facing, they'll sense you. And that may not seem that bad, but is for two reasons. First, its probably a trap and you'll walk straight into it. And second, the clock might do something horrible to your precious girl if you go storming in there."

He replies, "Well, what do you suggest we do?"
"I'm suggesting I go in instead. No, not in this form, in my other form. And then when we know what is going on, the two of us can go in there and stop time and deal with the problem. What do you say?"

As I wait for a reply, I feel the old man stiring inside me. I need to get out of this body soon.
Ooc: sorry that is so short I'll post longer tomorrow

Fran

He looked really sad there, sitting with his knees drawn to his chest. His stupid pride. He needed that money, he needed those clothes and he needed that job. And I needed him. I was stuck in this city with no idea what was going on.

I start to speak again and he didn't interupt me. "Look Dem. You need clothes, food and shelter and so do I. How about we go get some new clothes -I can't stay dressed as a beggar forever-, some food and find rooms in an inn for the night. I have the money so I have to buy everything right now but once you get paid you can pay me back. I can't stick around by myself. I am clueless and need your help. If it makes you feel better, we can help each other with our quests. Please?" I beg.

Ooc: like I said longer posts tomorrow

― John Green

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm
crossroads says...

Beth

She watched Aksel with her son, smiling at Ben's expression, and felt happy for the first time in a long period. He was so nice with the kids, and it was so obvious that he missed his own, even though he didn't really want to show it. He even smiled, and that Beth hasn't seen yet; it suited him better than the serious, distant expression he wore as a mask all the time.
Beth could tell, wherever little John was, that he missed his father too.

Aksel took them to a nice little restaurant at a street's corner not far from the Big Ben. They passed four people - one of them with strange haircut and with a raven flying around her head, one that looked like a random homeless and two Beth remembered from the tavern before. Neither she nor Aksel payed them attention, entering the restaurant and ordering their food. The waitress never stopped grinning at Beth, probably guessing Aksel is her husband and Ben's father. She almost yelled at her the whole truth of her life.

"Sister Nancy told me I'll go to school," Ben said, eyeing suspiciously something on his plate. Beth stared at her sherry muffin and wished she could move to another world. Maybe, just maybe, she should consider sending Ben to that boarding school. Maybe it was what he wanted. She made an effort to make her voice sound like she's not about to cry.
"Would you like to go?" She asked, and Aksel gave her a strange look.
"Sure," Ben said, and she closed her eyes for a moment. She couldn't eat anymore. She didn't feel like doing anything much at the moment. Her son smiled at her. "You will be there too, Mommy, won't you?"
If only.
"No, my love, I won't. Mommies can't come, it's a place for little boys only."
Ben's smile disappeared, and he looked at Aksel as if searching for someone to tell him Beth was wrong.
"Oh," he said finally, as he got no such confirmation. "Then I don't want to."
Not managing to smile, she leaned and kissed the top of his head, finding he grabbed her food while she wasn't paying attention. She pretended not to notice.
"Is everything alright with the other kids?" She asked, frowning a little as her son grimaced.
"I don't know," he shrugged. "I would like to come live with you."
Beth didn't know what to say - even if it was a place she'd take a child, that place was gone now, turned to ashes or close enough to that. This time, she was the one to turn to Aksel with a cry for help in her eyes. He's already offered her to come and live with him - if it wasn't for Ben, she'd probably never accept it.
"Hey," he said, reading her expression, in a voice as if he spoke of a magical secret. "You want to se a great place with a lot of books? There are stories in there."

Spoiler! :
Ok, Aksel, take them home ;) Ben can read a little, and so can Beth, but neither as good as us today (or him), in case you want to put one or both of them to read while you think/talk to the other one :mrgreen:
Jareth and Valérie coming up after a couple more posts ^^

- they/them -

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm
CactusGirl says...

Demetheus

I smiled just slightly at her words, just a little bit, and I wasn't sure why. I nodded grudgingly, though honestly I was glad that another quester was going to help me.

"Yeah, alright," I said. "We both look a little messed up." I saw Fran's eyebrow raise and rephrased my statement. "Okay, we both look really messed up. Though to be honest, I'm not really sure where we are exactly."

Fran smiled. "We could go back the way you came," she suggested. I nodded in agreement.

We started back the way I had come, but I had no idea where we were. I was completely lost, never having been in this part of the city before. I lost count of how many times we took wrong turns and how many times we had to back track. Several times we walked in a circle around the same mix of streets. We made small talk about simple things, like baking and Fran's pipe. It had stopped raining, but the wind was freezing. Finally, we reached a part of London I was familiar with.

"You just want to stay in a tavern or something?" I asked.

"Sure," she said, and we set off again towards a place where we could finally rest our weary legs.
Spoiler! :
I apologize this feels much shorter than normal and really kind of vague.

61 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 am
RedBird says...

Quinn,

"I'm suggesting that I go in instead," Lyn says, "No, not in this form, in my other form. And then when we know what is going on, the two ofus can go in there and stop time and deal with the problem. What do you say?"

Jareth considers this, and I turn around, looking up and down the street. I have the odd sense that something or someone is watching me...us. I shiver and when I turn back to Lyn, Jareth, and Alex, my vision suddenly blurs and my mind is filled with images.

A young woman sitting at a desk, writing a letter. A string of pearls around her neck. Not just any pearls. They shimmer in a way that tells me they are what I came here to look for. The woman looks sad, and her hand shakes a tiny bit as it moves across the page. Just as she finishes the letter, the door to the room bangs open. A man, tall and thin, strides into the room, a knife glinting in his hand. He smiles, revealing a mouth full of crooked teeth. The woman stands, clutching at the pearls around her neck.

"Hello, sweetheart," the man says, sliding his knife through her ribs. A red stain spreads down her dress and she collapses. The man rips the string of pearls from her neck and holds them up, "Perfect," he mutters. I get a good look at his face. Greasy thin hair, framing a pockmarked face. The hateful pince-nez he always wears. The greedy way he licks his lips. Leo Werther, my former Worklord. Here.

And then I'm back on the street, looking at the two clocks and the other Quester. I blink. What was that? I've never experienced anything like it before now, but if what I just saw is true, and Werther is here, I will find him. And I will kill him.

Spoiler! :
Sorry again for the shortness...I didn't know what your plans were for Jareth/Lyn/Alex so I didn't interfere. I also may or may not start posting some Werther POV.
~Snape, AVPM

117 Reviews

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 pm
crossroads says...

Jareth

He stood in front of that tavern like an idiot, feeling strange and wondering why did he even think Althea was there. Other Quester, other people important, maybe even some Clock, but not Althea or Aria. Jareth's head was still dizzy, and he felt as if he's whole body is shaking from the inside. He wanted to talk to the Time Masters, but he couldn't even be sure he'd manage to call them - and time wasn't a power to mess with when you don't feel well.
"She's not here," Jareth said finally, as Lyn started to talk something about strategy. He then pointed up, left of the tavern, where giant tower with a clock watched over the city. "She's there."
He was sure this time, feeling everything the right way again. For a moment, he saw Big Ben going up in flames, than being renovated and turned to ashes again, rebuilt and made to serve a completely different purpose.. Too far future, he warned himself, nothing of importance now.. Lyn offered to go first again, and Jareth let him, though he didn't sense Aria anywhere inside. He watched as the other Clock took the form of Cressida again - the man he was occupying until made a funny face and practically ran off - and flew inside, followed by not quite thrilled look on Quinn's face.

"That creeps me out," she confessed, and Alex agreed. Jareth waited, wondering if he should try contacting the Time Masters.
"Hey," he said, and the two turned to him. "Are you close to finishing your Quests?"
They exchanged a short look and shook heads.
"Not easy at all," Alex said. "And not to mention what kind of Quest it is."
Jareth nodded. It made sense, more or less - the large amount of travelers, the impossible Quests, his second chances.. The dimension of his family was in war, and whole time was in danger - that's why his abilities too kept changing, as nothing stood firmly the way it was supposed to. That was a theory, at least. But it still stood that he was loosing time, and regardless of wars that could only happen when a Clock is dying, stopping to be a Clock. And Jareth.. Jareth couldn't die. When he stops being a Clock, that will mean he took someone's place, being something far more powerful. He sighed as Lyn-Cressida returned.

"Surprisingly empty," he announced, "the highest room is locked, one just behind the clock when looked from the outside. I flew around, there are no windows, but if she's inside, she's there."
Jareth, Alex and Quinn followed Lyn inside and to the entrance to the highest room. There was a chamber of some sort, with doors in the ceiling that must've led to the room with the clock. Jareth almost grinned at the irony.

Alex pushed the door open, and Lyn flew inside. There was a flash of red light, and Quinn gasped - probably afraid for her raven - but Lyn flew back to them in the next moment. He coughed. As much as he could in that form.
"That woman," he pointed up with a wing, "is crazy. Don't go up there, none of you is small and fast enough."
Jareth opened his mouth to ask about Althea, as the familiar voice cut him off.
"I know you came," Aria called from above. "Don't you want to save your little friend? I don't have a reason to leave her alive now that you came, you know."
"Let her go," Jareth said, distant from his own words. Should I stop the time and risk something bad happening? Should I change everything back to before Althea was even taken? "She has nothing to do with anything, just let her go."
"Yeah, sure," He could see Aria grinning. "Nice try."
Sending it all to hell, Jareth shook his head.
"Fine," he muttered to Alex and Quinn, taking her hand. "Hold on to each other. If you break the contact, it won't be good."
Confused, Quinn took Alex's hand with her other, and Lyn landed on her shoulder. Taking a deep breath, Jareth slowly stopped everything from moving. The Questers glared around as everything turned silent and motionless. Alex slowly lifted his hand to his face, observing its movement, as Jareth led them to the room above. It was hard to climb ladders while holding hands, so it took them long enough, but then they all stood in the room with the clock. And the Clock.

Aria was still, staring at the floor door, still with a hint of smile on her lips. Jareth was distracted for a moment. What did they do, why don't you remember me? He blinked and focused at Althea, sitting in a corner behind Aria. She seemed incredibly tired, scared and shaken up, but she was alive. Jareth focused again - it took him far longer than before - and took her out of the stopped time as well. He could pull people out with him, but it was hard enough to do it with one, so he wasn't sure how much he'll be able to take. They hold on to him, though, so that made it easier - having someone pulled out when you're not touching them was much harder. If the other person wasn't a traveler himself, practically impossible.

Althea stood up, ran to them and hugged him.
"I knew you will come, I told her you will!" She looked up to meet his eyes, and he wasn't sure if he wants her to see how tired he is. "I was afraid, though. I even.. Even tried to call the Time Masters, though I know it's forbidden, but no one answered even though you're family." She shut up as she noticed his expression, but not soon enough. Quinn pulled her hand out of his, taking a step back, and everything started moving again. Jareth had just enough time, as Aria was took by a surprise, to push the Questers out of the way of her power.
Alex shove his hand away.
"You're a Time Master!?" He yelled, and Jareth growled, feeling more angry than ever. Nothing is the way it's supposed to be.
"If I was a Time Master, you think I'd be waiting my time here!?" He replied equally loud. "I told you already that I wasn't."
Lyn took of Quinn's shoulder, flying around Aria's head and distracting her, and Jareth glared at him. That could have been a suicide. He pushed Alex and Quinn to the door.
"You two, take Althea," he said, and they all spoke at the same time.
"Don't you order us around-"
"Well not until we get some answers-"
"I don't want to leave you alone here-"
Jareth fisted his hands.
"Now." Why didn't they understand? He needed them, needed them to take Althea away, to keep her safe, because he didn't know what will happen. He bit his lip, taking a moment to look each one of them. "Please."

Aria fired after them, but Jareth stopped it again. Stopping the time was something that used to be really easy for him, and now it already physically hurt. He came closer to Aria, caught her hands and clutched them bend her back as he let the time flow again.
"What the-"
"I don't want to hurt you," he said. "You don't recall, but we're not enemies. Aria. Please. Jareth's vision blurred, and he knew another one of the time gaps is approaching. "I don't want to fight you."
"Well too bad it's not your choice!" Aria said, releasing her hand and placing it on his chest. He didn't want to think about what her magic will do to him when they're so close.

A moment passed, and nothing happened. It took Jareth a few heartbeats to realize that the time is stopped again. Only this time he had nothing to do with it.

Spoiler! :
Ok, sorry this took me so long, I was really busy.
As for the ending.. Either LouisCypher will bring in Ipqu, calling both Aria and Jareth to his place, or I'll make it be an intervention of the Time Masters in my next post.
In any case, Alex, Quinn and Lyn can find out something about Jareth from Althea, and do keep her safe ;)
- they/them -

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:06 pm
Alvarin says...

Aksel Wolf
"Hey, you want to see a great place with a lot of books? There are stories in there."

Ben shone up. "Is it a library?"

I glanced at Elizabeth to make sure this was alright with her. She gave me a slight nod. "No, it's where I live. I have an unoccupied room there, which you and your mother can live in. What do you think?"

Ben glanced at his mother, unsure of what to answer. He wanted to live with his mother, that much was clear, but he, as any child, seemed unsure about me. I was still a stranger, after all. "Will mum always be there?"

Elizabeth smiled. "Yes, I will."

"And I can read how many stories I want?"

"Yes, you can," I said. I was a bit surprised that a poor boy like him had been taught to read, but glad at the same time, since it meant that we could read stories together, just like I had with John. No, wait.. Why was this even happening? Wasn't I supposed to be in hell? For me to meet two people so much like the ones I had lost, it couldn't be a coincidence.

A hand on mine pulled me from my thoughts. "I asked if you were ready to go?" Elizabeth smiled.

"Oh, yes. Sorry." I glanced down at my half eaten mandelecken and stood up. "Lets go."

---

The owner of the printers shop was closing for the day. "Welcome back, Mr Wolf." He looked at Elizabeth and Ben. "What a beautiful wife you have. Hello, Mrs Wolf. Unfortunately I can't stop to chat, as I need to get going, but it has been a pleasure to meet you. I'm sure I'll see you all tomorrow. Goodnight." And with that he hurried out and locked the door behind him. I hadn't even had time to tell him that she was not my wife.

"Mum, are you two married?" Ben looked utterly confused, and I couldn't tell what he actually thought about it.

Elizabeth laughed, and I wasn't sure if I should feel relieved or insulted about it. "No, we're not. That man was only mistaking."

"Follow me upstairs, I'll show you your room."

They did as I told them, and Ben was soon happily sitting on the windowsill in their room, looking very focused as he read a book of fairytales I had given him. I and Elizabeth sat down in the small kitchen.

"Thank you, Aksel. I don't think you know how much this means to us."

"It's nothing, really." She started to protest, but I cut her of. "I already told you that I'm no saint. I'm doing this to repent."

"So far you've protected me from that man, given me money, run into a burning building, given presents to orphans, bought ice cream for Ben and offered us a place to live. You don't really seem that evil." She sounded annoyed.

"I've done horrible things." I looked out through the window, not wanting to see her expression change from curious and annoyed to accusing. "I've killed people. Innocent people. Just because I was too afraid to stand up to my family and the military." The words flowed out of my mouth before I had time to stop them. I had said too much.

"You were a soldier?" she asked carefully.

I nodded, but didn't say anything more. I couldn't tell her about the future now, could I? I didn't even know why I had told her so much to begin with. Maybe it was because of those trusting eyes of hers. Maybe I needed to make those eyes hate me, because I deserved it.

Spoiler! :
Sorry it took me so long!
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings