z

Young Writers Society

High School For Monsters

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 am
View Likes
neko says...

Welcome to Darton High, the prestigous school for monsters of all kind! Enjo your education!!
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed May 16, 2012 5:24 am
katngo73 says...

Estheer

Tears streamed down my small face.
I WASN'T A MONSTER.
Was I?
After all, it was Darton High...
I swiftly ducked under a grumbling gargoyle and slipped into my locker to spend the remainder of my lunch sobbing my heart out. That was it, the first day of Darton was always bad.
“There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t act a little childish sometimes.”-The Fourth Doctor
"Who I was, what I did, that's not who I am." - Castiel
"Friends protect you." - John Watson

Reviews: 0
Sun May 20, 2012 12:42 am
CrazyNinjaKat says...

Ari

I walk up the steps wondering if this school will be any better then the last one my parents forced me to attend.
Somebody swoops past me almost sending me flying all the way back down the massive stairway I just climbed.
I'm almost tempted to turn around and yell 'WATCH IT,' but I don't not really wanting to draw attention to myself on the first day.
I walk through the doors and as I look around I find myself smiling.
'Darton High'- the well known (well for 'us' anyway.) school for monsters.
Maybe my parents haven't screwed up so bad in sending me here.
Maybe they are as tired as I am as continuosly hiding.
Just then as I'm lost in my own thoughts I almost miss the classroom I'm supposed to be in right now.
I look down at the class schedule I recieved in the mail two days ago just to make sure that it's the right one.
The symbol imprinted on the sheet is the same as the one engraved on the door- definetly the right one.
I push open the door and walk into the room.
Last edited by CrazyNinjaKat on Tue May 22, 2012 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Reviews: 4
Sun May 20, 2012 3:57 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sophia

I usually tried not to draw attention to myself, but this time, I was glad I was the first person to arrive in my first class. After all, walking up and down rows of desks was very awkward when your wings spanned sixteen feet. I chose a desk located conveniently in the back of the room, and sat down, arranging my tail in a neat coil across my lap. After dumping my messenger bag next to me, I looked at my reflection in the window, mussing my hair around my spiraling horns. Maybe I wouldn't be the weirdest-looking person in my class this year.

Then someone else walked into the room.

"Hi, there," I said.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

Mon May 21, 2012 10:31 am
CrazyNinjaKat says...

Ari

I walk into the classroom noticing that there is only one other person there a the moment.
A girl with spiraling horns and mussed hair.
She looks up as I walk in and I smile push a strand of bright red out of my face glad that my days of consistantly dyeing it are over.
... now if only it would stop changing colours on a daily basis.
I push these thoughts to the back of my mind and focus on the present.
"Hi," I say casually, taking a seat at the desk next to her.
Last edited by CrazyNinjaKat on Tue May 22, 2012 6:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 am
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Sophia

"I like your hair," I said as the other girl sat down next to me. That was the most noticeable thing about her--it was flame red, and to be honest, I thought it went great with her eyes. Not like mine--my eyes and hair were two different shades of brown, both of which clashed horribly with my leopard legs.

"Really pretty," I continued. "Is that its natural color?"

LIZARD!!!!!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 am
CrazyNinjaKat says...

Ari

"I like your hair," she says grinning, "really pretty. Is that it's natural colour?"

I nod, "for today anyway." I say, pausing as something outside the classroom explodes, " I like your wings."

She stares at me for a moment and I grin shaking my head as I remember an old dream I used to have when I was little.

"I always wanted to be able to fly," I confess, "But if I actually could I would probably crash into something in he first 10 seconds... not exactly the most coordinated person on this planet..."

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:51 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sophia

"Ah, it doesn't take that much practice," I replied, grinning at her. "Getting going's the easy part. It's braking that's hard. Took me about a week to figure it out...here, take a look."

I took off, and flew across the room, stopping myself just before I hit the wall. "See?" I called. "You have to learn how to use backbeats, and--oof!" I had looked away from where I was going to talk to her, and I'd run into the ceiling.

LIZARD!!!!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:19 am
CrazyNinjaKat says...

Ari

I watch feeling kind of amused as she glides across the room with a certain sense of grace... and then crashes into the ceiling though I can’t help thinking that she couldn’t have done a better impression of me if she’d tried.

Of course I could never have been that graceful in the air either…

I nod as she turns back, “That’s what I’d have done… Before I even got a metre off the ground… Kinda figured out I wasn’t the flying type when I was a kid.”

A moment later she starts flying around the classroom again and after a while.

“My name’s Ari,” I say when she finally hits the ground, “nice to meet ya!”

5 Reviews

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 am
neko says...

Saya

The door bangs as I push it open, and I feel stares from all around. I glare around, challenging someone to say something, before taking a seat up the back of the room. I lean back in the chair and prop my feet up on the table, ignoring the stares and whispers. Instead, I push my dark red hair out of my eyes and absently trace tha black tattoo that covers almost half of my face.
Listen up!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sophia

"I'm Sophia," I said to Ari. "Nice to meet you, too!" I landed, folded my wings up, and sat down at my desk again.

Then another girl walked in, nearly taking the door off its hinges. She swept her glare across the room, and then sat down, her feet up on her desk.

"Um, hi," I said. "I'm Sophia. Ah..."

LIZARD!!!!!

5 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:16 am
neko says...

Saya

"Um, hi," I hear a voice. "I'm Sophia. Ah..."
I look over at the girl next to me and take in messy hair and a pair of horns. I smirk.
"Hey." I say, holding out my hand. She takes it tentatively and I grin, shaking it. When I let go, she rubs her hand and winces.
"So" I say, taking out my pocket knife and scratching my name into the surface of the desk.
"What are you?"
Last edited by neko on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen up!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:26 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sophia

The new girl pretty much crushed my hand when she shook it. Nice--it was my right hand, the one I wrote and did everything else with.

The new girl pulled a small knife out of her pocket and began carving up her desk. "So," she said. "What are you?"

"I'm a chimera," I answered. "What about you two?"

LIZARD!!!!!

5 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 am
neko says...

Saya

I smirk again when she asks what I am. I point to the tattoo on my face.
"Recognise this?" I point to the school emblem on the schedual on her desk. A perfect match.
"My father owns the school. As you probably know, he is, excuse the term, Satan. Y'know, Haedes, Lord of the Underworld. Ergo, I am one of his many demon spawn. Unfortunately, I am the eldest, so I am next in line for his, er, position. Hence the tattoo, which is the official mark of a demon. Any questions?" I ask with fake enthusiasm.
Listen up!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 am
Nook says...

Toni

I stumbled in, a contrast to my physical appearance, all grace and beauty. I was sick of it , really, and I wished that the silky threads of fog all around me would just go away. When, I looked up though, I saw three other people in the classroom, all hanging out in the back. They were an odd bunch, a girl with huge wings and a pair of horns, a girl with bright red hair and another with a tattoo covering half of her face.
"Um...", I said. They all looked up...and stared.
A sense of dread knotted itself in my stomach. Here it comes...usually, people couldn't get enough of me.
The girl with the tattoo screwed up her face as if disgusted and then sneered.
But then again, this was a school for monsters , not "people".
I took a seat in the front of the classroom while the other two girls reluctantly turned back to their old conversation.
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract