Username or E-mail:
Forget your password?
Young Writers Society
Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:38 am
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
Dear Mr/Ms __________-,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
of WHICHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
First-year students will require:
1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring and owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS
Age/ What year are you?:
Pureblood or Muggle?
When you took the quiz, which House did you get?
What is your wand made of?
Up for love?
1. No god-modding, this is HARRY POTTER!
2. Swearing is allowed, but don't take it to far.
3. Romance is allowed, don't take that too far either.
4. Violence is the same thing with rules 2 and 3.
5. Don't double post unless no one has posted in 24 hours.
6. Don't kill off anyone's characters without permission.
7. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
8. House points, prefects, and Head Girl/Boy things are NOT included in the SB, too much detail.
9. Your weakness affect your character!
Ehh, who knows what to put here anymore.
Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman
Copyright © 2017
Young Writers Society
YWS logo created by Jordan Bobo
Header images ©
About / Info
Become a Supporter
Forums & RPG
Cover Art Creator
Poetic Lines Gen
Story Theme Gen
97,130 Literary Works • 510,495 Reviews