z

Young Writers Society

So you wanna be a hero? bood 2

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed May 03, 2006 8:01 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

Yea now we can start a new one....thanks to Bubblewrapped we know what to do...its the same characthers yet a few new ones...right off you'll learn Ayda and Yeng are married as are Karma and Zell, that didnt change Zell tho...Ayda and Yeng have a son and little girl and believe it or not Beowulf is now married and had a son just like him except a little nicer...have fun...we can have new villians or old villans...it doesnt matter just keep the same story line.
see others how you want to be seen

67 Reviews

Wed May 03, 2006 8:08 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

Dont forget Riona

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed May 03, 2006 8:26 pm
Dynamo says...

So, this is 20 years later, right? 20 years should be a long enough time.

Name: Max (Yeng and Ayda's son)
Appearance: He wears red baggy clothing that's a size too big for him. His hands are usually hidden because his sleeves are so long. He has silver hair like his father's, but it's cut short so that it hangs just over his shoulders, his bangs almost covers his eyes.
Personality: He tries to act like an adult so he can follow in his father's footsteps. He tries to put up a tough front, but deep down he's actually very sensitive. He doesn't like to fight unless he has to. Yeng teaches him how to fight, but Max would never raise his fists unless he had to protect himself, or his friends if he had any. He is very shy when he's talking to a girl.
Bio: Because of Yeng's encounter with Terral 20 years ago, Max was somehow given strange powers that he doesn't yet know about. One of them being that he turns into a werewolf whenever he looks at the full moon.

I'll leave Yeng and Ayda's daughter up to you, Angel.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu May 04, 2006 2:21 am
Karma says...

My posts aren't working today, sorry!
This is the third time I've posted this:

I think Zell/Karma should have a child, too, and, wher;s Beowolf's prtner?
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu May 04, 2006 1:25 pm
Myth says...

I think I forgot to post on the other one. But I've been reading some of it today and it was a good read, sorry I haven't posted. :(

I'll post a profile of Ayda's friend later.

67 Reviews

Thu May 04, 2006 7:53 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

(OCC: that great...im going to post today...hope u guys like this by the way I like the max guy and will try to make his personality how you portrayed it...First im going to introduce a couple of new characters and yea Karma and Zell should have a son or daughter.)

Ayda's Daughter
Name: Leslie
Age: (Sorry dynamo Leslie's going to be a couple years older than max) 17 and half
Hair: brown like her mother's Leslie is sorta of a tomboy so her hair is a little above shoulder length.
Eyes: like yengs
Bio: Being the firstborn of Ayda of Yeng, Leslie has the tendency to show off.(She gets it from her mom) She however is just as stubborn and likes to pick fights, she is not like her brother.
She yearns to battle and has earned the nickname Tiger for her personality. In secreat she has a soft side exspacioully Beowulfs son Kraven, (there wont be a lot of romance in this story, unless people just want to). She unlike Ayda admires Beowulf and visits him often to learn more techniques. To her father she's just an innocent child so he has a tendacy to be protective of her and doesnt quite agree with her careless behavior.

Beowulf wife and son
Name:(Wife)Cassandra
Bio: Theres not much to cassandra, she is just a cook at a local pub. She probally wont be used that much during the story.

Name: Kraven
Hair: Black and shaggy its falls into his eyes and is neck length.
Eye's:Emerald green like his mothers.
Bio: He is very quiet and not very confindent unless it comes to fighting than its art. He is like max he doesnt like to pick fights unless the occasion calls for it, and surprize surprize likes Leslie too. His confindence has affected his self-esteem so he would never tell her. He is skilled in martial arts and sword skills.

(OK lets begin the new story!!!!!!!!!)

"Leslie get down from there right now." barked Yeng. As always his daughter was about to give him a heartache, and in his age that wasnt a very good idea.
"I'll be down in a minute daddy." he couldnt see her anymore but knew she was somewhere hidden from the sight of him in the great oak.
"Is she at it again?" he turned to face his wife of 20 years, Ayda. Time had been good to her she was still that fiery youth he loved so much, after defeating terall Yeng had never been the same. Often he would get pains in his heart and would be bedridden for a couple days.
"I swear she trying to kill me."
She wrapped her arms around his waist and layed her chin on his shoulder, "She's still a child, she needs to learn from her mistakes, so if she falls its her own fault."
Suddenlly Leslie flew from out of the tree and landed in front of them, she looked like a tornado had hit her, she had leaves and twigs snarled in her unruly hair.
"Daddy, why is there smoke in west?"
Yeng gave Ayda a strange look, "Smoke?"
She nodded at her parents and ran to her horse, "Im going to check it out."
Before they could stop her she had broke into a dead run and dissapering over the ridge.
"Where is she going?" asked Max who had just strolled up in time to see Leslie ride off.
"I dont know son, go saddle our horse's and we'll go find out."
Leslie knew she would be in for it once she got back home, she however did not care. Something was going on and she intened to find out.
"Where are you going in such a hurry?"
Leslie looked next to her to see Kraven on his horse Hurricane.
"There is smoke towards the west and Im going to figure out whats causing it."
At the moment Leslie smelled charred tree's and wood and another purtrid odor, the smell of charred bodies.
"Do you smell that?" she asked wrinkling her nose, she than slowed up so if something was wrong she wouldnt be caught by surprize. Kraven slowed up to and nodded.
"Leslie what in the world were you thinking running off like that?"
"Drat!" Leslie thought to herself as her father came riding up beside her with Max and Zell.
"Oh leave her alone, she was curious." Zell said to Yeng.
Leslie smiled and looked gratefully at Zell, "Thanks Uncle Zell." Zell wasnt really her Uncle but she had grown up calling him that so she thought of him as one. He winked
"Anytime sweetie."
"How's Karma?" she asked. Karma was with her 2nd child.
(Im not going to name the firstborn, ill leave that to someone else to do)
Zell gave a stressed look, "Moody and moody and well moody.
"You think you would have learned after the first one."
(Im going to quit here so if someone wants to name Zell's firstborn they can.)

67 Reviews

Thu May 04, 2006 7:54 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

(OCC: that great...im going to post today...hope u guys like this by the way I like the max guy and will try to make his personality how you portrayed it...First im going to introduce a couple of new characters and yea Karma and Zell should have a son or daughter.)

Ayda's Daughter
Name: Leslie
Age: (Sorry dynamo Leslie's going to be a couple years older than max) 17 and half
Hair: brown like her mother's Leslie is sorta of a tomboy so her hair is a little above shoulder length.
Eyes: like yengs
Bio: Being the firstborn of Ayda of Yeng, Leslie has the tendency to show off.(She gets it from her mom) She however is just as stubborn and likes to pick fights, she is not like her brother.
She yearns to battle and has earned the nickname Tiger for her personality. In secreat she has a soft side exspacioully Beowulfs son Kraven, (there wont be a lot of romance in this story, unless people just want to). She unlike Ayda admires Beowulf and visits him often to learn more techniques. To her father she's just an innocent child so he has a tendacy to be protective of her and doesnt quite agree with her careless behavior.

Beowulf wife and son
Name:(Wife)Cassandra
Bio: Theres not much to cassandra, she is just a cook at a local pub. She probally wont be used that much during the story.

Name: Kraven
Hair: Black and shaggy its falls into his eyes and is neck length.
Eye's:Emerald green like his mothers.
Bio: He is very quiet and not very confindent unless it comes to fighting than its art. He is like max he doesnt like to pick fights unless the occasion calls for it, and surprize surprize likes Leslie too. His confindence has affected his self-esteem so he would never tell her. He is skilled in martial arts and sword skills.

(OK lets begin the new story!!!!!!!!!)

"Leslie get down from there right now." barked Yeng. As always his daughter was about to give him a heartache, and in his age that wasnt a very good idea.
"I'll be down in a minute daddy." he couldnt see her anymore but knew she was somewhere hidden from the sight of him in the great oak.
"Is she at it again?" he turned to face his wife of 20 years, Ayda. Time had been good to her she was still that fiery youth he loved so much, after defeating terall Yeng had never been the same. Often he would get pains in his heart and would be bedridden for a couple days.
"I swear she trying to kill me."
She wrapped her arms around his waist and layed her chin on his shoulder, "She's still a child, she needs to learn from her mistakes, so if she falls its her own fault."
Suddenlly Leslie flew from out of the tree and landed in front of them, she looked like a tornado had hit her, she had leaves and twigs snarled in her unruly hair.
"Daddy, why is there smoke in west?"
Yeng gave Ayda a strange look, "Smoke?"
She nodded at her parents and ran to her horse, "Im going to check it out."
Before they could stop her she had broke into a dead run and dissapering over the ridge.
"Where is she going?" asked Max who had just strolled up in time to see Leslie ride off.
"I dont know son, go saddle our horse's and we'll go find out."
Leslie knew she would be in for it once she got back home, she however did not care. Something was going on and she intened to find out.
"Where are you going in such a hurry?"
Leslie looked next to her to see Kraven on his horse Hurricane.
"There is smoke towards the west and Im going to figure out whats causing it."
At the moment Leslie smelled charred tree's and wood and another purtrid odor, the smell of charred bodies.
"Do you smell that?" she asked wrinkling her nose, she than slowed up so if something was wrong she wouldnt be caught by surprize. Kraven slowed up to and nodded.
"Leslie what in the world were you thinking running off like that?"
"Drat!" Leslie thought to herself as her father came riding up beside her with Max and Zell.
"Oh leave her alone, she was curious." Zell said to Yeng.
Leslie smiled and looked gratefully at Zell, "Thanks Uncle Zell." Zell wasnt really her Uncle but she had grown up calling him that so she thought of him as one. He winked
"Anytime sweetie."
"How's Karma?" she asked. Karma was with her 2nd child.
(Im not going to name the firstborn, ill leave that to someone else to do)
Zell gave a stressed look, "Moody and moody and well moody.
"You think you would have learned after the first one."
(Im going to quit here so if someone wants to name Zell's firstborn they can.)

103 Reviews

Thu May 04, 2006 11:29 pm
Dynamo says...

(OOC: Actually, I was thinking that it was a good idea to have the sister older than the brother. There's always something funny about an older sister bossing around her brother. By the way, I think Karma should think up Zell and Karma's firstborn. I already made a character and I don't think it would be fare if I made another one. And incase you can't remember, Yeng's eyes are silver. Just thought you should know.)

"Huh?" Max caught a whiff of the scent of the smoke. It was coming from his right. For some reason, Max's primary sences(sight, smell, etc.) had always been better than any other person's.

While his father and Zell were talking, Max slipped off his horse and pushed his way through the thick branches of the trees and bushes.

When Max got through most of the bushes he arrived at the sorce of the smoke. He saw two older kids standing in front of a large controled fire. In the fire Max could see something that looked like a deer.

"Hey," he said, "what are you two doing? Playing with fire is dangerous!"

The two kids turned around. Max recognized them as the two 19-year-olds that always picked on him in town. Mark and Flash were their names. Mark had red hair while Flash had blonde.

"Look who it is, Mark. It's the cry baby."

"Uhh..." Max studdered. "You should put out that fire."

Mark laughed. "What are you going to do? Tell on us?"

"Some one might get hurt!" Max explained.

"Oh, really?" Flash picked up a thick stick from the fire and pointed it at Max. "Like you?"

Flash stepped forward and proded the air in front of Max. Each time Max stepped away, Flash would step closer. Mark laughed as he watched what was happening. (They don't really act their age, do they?)

"Stop it!" Max protested as he took another step back. "Please stop!"

"Make me!" Flash took another step.

Max's eyes flashed with a dark-red light. "I SAID STOP IT!!!" His voice had changed. It sounded older and eviler, the kind of voice a demon would have.

Max slapped his arm against the stick. It shattered like glass on impact. He then tightened his left hand into a fist and punched as hard as he could at Flash's arm. Flash screamed in pain as he fell to the ground with a broken arm.

"Flash!" Mark ran over to him and helped him up. Flash was whimpering in pain as he tried to stand.

"What just happened?" Max asked, oblivious to his surroundings.

Mark gave him a fearful glare before helping his friend walk away. "You're even more of a freak than I thought!"

"MAX!" Yeng's voice called out after Mark and Flash left. Max looked over his shoulder and saw his dad fumble his way through the bushes. "There you are! Why did you run off like that? Do you know how worried I was?"

"I smelt the fire." Max explained. "Two kids from town started it. I tried to tell them it was dangerous but they wouldn't listen to me."

"What happened? Where are they?"

"I don't know." He lied. Max knew that if he told his father who was responsible, Mark and Flash would make him pay for ratting on them. "Actually, I don't know what happened. One minute they were trying to poke me with a fire stick, and the next one of their arms were broken."

Yeng's heart nearly jumped out of his chest. "They tried to poke you with a flaming stick!?"

"I'm ok, dad! They didn't hurt me." Max didn't like to see his father this upset.

Zell, Leslie and Kraven arrived at that moment.

"Whew, what a workout!" Zell pulled a bottle out from his vest. "I need a drink." Many things had changed in 20 years, but the one thing that stayed the same were Zell's drinking habbits.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri May 05, 2006 9:05 am
Myth says...

(OOC: Ayda has black hair, Angel. :wink: )

Ayda's friend

Name: Geva
Eyes: Brown
Hair Brown and curly
Bio: She last saw Ayda when she was 17, after Ayda left with Beowulf to hunt Terral she left her villiage in search of treasure. She has a daughter who she left with hermit magician. She is a strong fighter and is much like Ayda but does not like men very much.

Geva's daughter

Name: Matilda
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Brown and very spiky
Bio: She is a magician and recently left her master's home. She has freckles like her father (she does not know who he was) and is better at magic than with a sword but she was trained to use a bow and arrow. She doesn't like to get in figts because she is afraid of killing and tends to be shy. She is sometimes called Twig because of her hair and does not always trust people.

122 Reviews

Sat May 06, 2006 9:11 pm
Karma says...

This is getting a little confusing, lets add the characters a couple at a time, ok?

Karma and Zell's daughter:

Name: Quinn

Appearance:She has long, strawberry-blonde hair, and green eyes that sometimes shift color wen she has very strong emotions. She likes to wear natural tones such as tight green leggings (easy to run with) and a fawn-colored tunic in which she conceal's several blades.

Personality: Fun-loving loves to take risks. She's basically a tomboy, but can still act like a normal girl at times.

Bio: She is Max's friend, and they are seldom apart during the day.

How about they have weapons training with all the adults?

((Is there gonna be a Leslie-Kraven friendship and a Max-Quinn one, or are they all going to be equally friends?))
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Sun May 07, 2006 1:26 am
Dynamo says...

(OOC: About the friendship thing, I think the first thing you said would be interesting. Anyways, our characters should have weapons, except for Max because Yeng doesn't feel he's ready to have a sword yet. When Max is ready, though, Yeng's going to give him the Hokuten Blade, the sword he used in the last storybook.)

122 Reviews

Mon May 08, 2006 10:23 pm
Karma says...

(Cool, but let's only have the basic characters for now, OK, AngelBaby? You can gradually add in the others later.)
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

67 Reviews

Tue May 09, 2006 8:00 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

"Its okay son, just stay closer and be more carefull.''
Leslie pipped in, "Come on dad, he said he was sorry." she winked at Max, she knew how thier father could be.
"And you, you ran off without telling me where you were going."
"I refuse to say sorry because sooner or later i'll have to say it again, so I suppose I'll save it for a time that needs it." she replied.
Yeng inside smiled, he saw so much of Ayda in her and hoped like her mother she wouldnt take her side of carelessness.
He watched her ride off and than sighed, he'd deal with her later.
"what did your father say?" Kraven asked Leslie chewing on a piece of grass, they were sitting on the bank of the river near Beowulf's home.
"The usal, you have to be carefull Leslie, watch your back, dont be so careless." she anwered him in tone mocking Yeng's.
Kraven smiled, he loved watching her renact Yeng's frequent rants of how much trouble she was. She settled down next to him and leaned into the tree, after a few moments she sighed.
"I think he'd rather me be like Max."
"What do you mean?"
"You know, quiet, more carefull." she scoffed, "That's so boring though and housewife style though."
"He just doesnt want you to get hurt. He loves you just the same as he loves Max."
"Of course you would side with him."
"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked dropping the blade of grass.
"Oh come on Kraven you practically idolize him." she pulled out her gunblade
(Those of you who like Final fantasy will know this weapon, a gunblade is a weapon with a long blade about two feet in diamantor with a gunlike hilt, when used correctally is very strong and effective.)
she began to wipe the dirt from the blade, her sword had a tiger on one end and it was protecting the crest of yeng and ayda, thus earning her name the Tigereress of the West.
"I do not." Kraven popped off.
"Hey what are you kiddies arguring about?" came a voice from the tree's.
Riona dropped from the trees in her usal aura of mischeif.
"Oh nothing." Kraven said and got up, they watched him stalk angirly to Hurricane.
"What did you say to get his panties in a twist?" Riona asked.
"Nothing but the truth." she to than got up and left.

122 Reviews

Tue May 09, 2006 10:48 pm
Karma says...

Did you see the look on her face?" Quinn hooted with laughter.

"I don't see what's so interesting about Yeng yelling at Riona"

"Well, he's the only one she listens to. She practically worships him!"

Max chewed on a long grass stem.
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Wed May 10, 2006 12:35 am
Dynamo says...

When the afternoon came, things finally began to calm down. Max was sitting in the large field of grass behind his house. He constantly plucked blades of grass out of the ground. Max always felt like everyone hated him and that he had no friends. This is how his way of suppressing those feelings.

Ayda watched Max from inside the house. She was very worried about how her son was acting. Max had always been quiet, but lately it seemed like he was getting distant from his family.

Ayda faced Yeng when he entered the room. "Yeng, I'm worried about Max."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at him!" She pointed out the window. "He's been acting strange for a while now. He used to be such a happy boy, but now he just seems so miserable."

"I'm worried about him, too." Yeng said. "He has almost no friends. All the kids in the nearby town always picks on him. But, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. This is a chalange he needs to face on his own."

Max continued to pick at the grass. Why does everyone hate me? What's wrong with me? What did I ever do?

"They're just jealous."

Max pirked up in shock. "Who said that?" He looked around but saw no one. The voice he heard seemed like it came from inside his head.

A gust of wind came from above, blowing through the grass. Max shielded his eyes from the gust as he waited for it to subside. It stopped when he heard a thump on the ground in front of him.

Max opened his eyes and saw a black dragon. "Afternoon, Max."

Max looked back at the ground. "Hi Valmorr."

"What's the matter, kiddo?" Valmorr asked as he went to go sit beside Max.

"Everybody hates me, that's what."

Valmorr looked at Max with an unsurprised look. "Don't tell me you're worried about that again."

"But, it's true. I have no friends, everybody hates me."

"You know that's not true." Valmorr rubbed his tail gently against Max's back. "Your parents love you, and so does your sister. You've got Beowulf, Karma and Uncle Zell. Riona likes you more than she likes your sister. Kraven thinks you're cool, and Quinn thinks very highly about you."

"Yeah, I guess." Max was still depressed.

"Hey, I know what will cheer you up." Valmorr stood up. "How about we go for a ride?"

Max smiled. "Ok." He climbed onto Valmorrs back and they lifted off. While they were flying, Max told Valmorr about what happened in the forest earlier that day. After telling the story he asked Valmorr not to tell his father.

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl