z

Young Writers Society

3002 (Started) (Spots Open)

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:14 am
Apple says...

Gabe Patterson:

Was turning blue a good sign or did that mean she was scared. My mother’s mood ring would turn blue whenever I jumped out of my closest to frighten her; maybe I was coming on too strong. For all intense purposes, on this occassion, I was going to accept it as a good sign. Stepping forward, I was going to sit down beside her though instead I felt my whole body teeter forward and I crashed on to the seat both her and the other girl, Ash, were sitting on. Noah grabbed at my shoulders and pulled me back, everything I looked at turning into two separate figures.

“Looks like you lost your steam, Romeo.” Faye smirked at me as she tugged at the end of Noah’s shirt sleeve.

“Better get you to a seat.” Noah began to drag me up the stairs ignoring my gurgles. I was not a baby, I didn’t have to be told when to go to sleep or not. I could take care of myself, and picking me up in front of Kora and Ash was definitely not working for my image.

“I can take myself, Noah! I’ll walk myself, thank you.” I moved away from Noah, took one step forward and collapsed to the ground instantly.

“Okay maybe I need some help…” Before I could finish my eyes slipt closed and I fell away to darkness. I dreamt of Neo and the pain on his face from seeing someone pretend to be his daughter.
I spy!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 am
SubjectBlue says...

Aloha, Dragonette- I apologize, but I'm really sick of waiting for you.

Paul

After half an hour, we reached an entrance,as dark and deep as an open, hungry mouth- with stairs sticking out of it.
a sign above dwindled, making rusty creaks, and had claimed N and R- Subway station.

I suspiciously watched the car parked close, someone's sleeping in it- I quickly realized- lying, I corrected myself, noticing his just-as-suspicious glare, and the knife twisting in his hand.
Unlike my guides,- I considered- An actual threat, I'll have to watch and see what he can do- hopefully, something like these two, weak. it only took one watch- No, this one is dangerous. I decided.

Then, we entered to the shadowy station...

(I'm leaving it in the capable hands of the ivory fangs)
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:32 am
BrooklynWriter says...

Ash

"Hey guys," I greeted, but it was too late. Everyone was already too engrossed in Kora to notice me. It was understandable, but a little uncomfortable. I was still one of the newer members of the group, and I was unsure of how the rest of the Ivory Fangs felt about me. Still, it was sort of a good thing I wasn't the best of friends with them yet, it gave me time to adjust to life in a group such as this. And it gave me the opportunity to do things like this.

No one seemed to notice that I was slowly backing down the tunnel, into the deeper shadows. About a half a mile from our main base, was a sinkhole in the tracks. It wasn't more than twenty feet deep. I had propped an old ladder up against the side of it so I could climb in and out. For the past few weeks, I had been able to twitch the useless slabs of feathers. But I wasn't exactly sure if it was them moving or me shoving them with my shoulderblades. Still I was obsessed with my mutation. And tonight I had been planning to test it. It was a stupid idea, but I hoped that in a panic, I might be able to fly. Seeing that Kora, the new girl was already fascinating the group with her active mutation, I felt a bigger need to get my wings to work.

Finally, I was at my spot. I looked over the edge. It seemed a lot deeper than twenty feet. It was dark and seemed endless. I couldn't see the bottom. I literally slapped myself. I had to stop thinking like that. Yeah, I had to panic to test this, but I wanted to have enough confindence and crazy spontinenity to be able to actually do this. So I did. I did it. I jumped.

I started out as a belly flop sort of position. I figured that if I wasn't going to fly, I may glide, or my wings might even work as a parachute. But no, I began to fall. I intended curl into a ball, and brace for impact, but, instead, a different part of me, instinct perhaps, took over. I straightened upward, and my wings began to flap. Wait, my wings? Flap? I was flying?

I WAS FLYING!!! Oh, my God, I was actually flying. I began to rise and rise. The sink hole grew smaller, and the roof grew closer. I was-- FALLING!

My wings stopped, my instinct gave my concious self back the reins and I lost control. I fell. I began to realize that I was still useless. I still couldn't fly. It had to have been a dream. I was unconcious on the bottom of the sinkhole, lying inconcious. No, wait, could you feel pain in a dream? Because as I raked down the jagged side of the sinkhole, I was feeling a lot of pain.

I willed myself not to scream, if I screamed the rest of the group would come rushing to see what was going on and I would look stupid. I would look suicidal, jumping into a sinkhole. But as I hit my head on the floor I do think a strained cry left me. Before the darkness took over, I heard a sickening snap and a sharp pain above all the rest of it shot up my arm, especially through my wrist.

(OOC: Sorry for inturrupting the whole intro thing but I had this idea and I had to jump on it.)

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 am
emwolf1998 says...

Kora

I noticed everyone making thier way to the ....train seats? Well its much better than a cold alley gravel. My skin changed, for right now it was calm, so i looked normal but extremely pale.

Wheres Ash? Well i didn't know my way around here so I couldn't search for her, she was the one who I would ask questions to, but right now looks like I had to ask someone else. Getting some pinkish color, so i didnt look like a ghost.

I saw a row of seats that no one had taken, so I sat. Convieniently Gabriel was in front of me, but he looked in pain. I didn't want to bother him. So Faye walked past. "Hey, umm no one has these couple of seats. Right?"

"No, its fine, I guess whenever you wanna go to sleep you can."

"Great, Thanks," and with that i sat in the train seats thinking about how everything would work, they all seemed pretty accepting. So hopefully i would be pulled right in the different.. Activties? Starring at the ceiling, thinking. I tried listening to others to figure out what was happening. Back to my pale calm skin color.
~Wolf~

83 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 am
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

(by the way- as I want to make sure it's clear: my post ended by Izz Wade and me entering the station where the rest are.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 pm
Justagirl says...

Faye

"I'll take first lookout." I said to Noah as he started settling down on some train seats.

"If you want..." He mumbled sleepily.

As soon as I stepped out of the train my eyes flashed to the entrance. There was the outline of three people there. Friend, or foe? My hand slowly reached to my boot where my dagger was...

"Faye!" Said Izzy's voice.

The people stepped out of the shadows and I realized it was Izzy, Wade and another guy who looked to be about 17 or 18.

"Hi Izzy, Wade." I straightened up. "Who's that with you?"

"Paul." Said the guy. "Paul Lance."

"He wants to join." Said Wade.

"Hm..." I thought about it - the guy didn't look totally trustworthy... "We'll give him a trial run for a couple of days."
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

83 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 pm
SubjectBlue says...

I listened to the conversation, my face not moving.
A trial-run? They aren't complete idiots, that's good... I thought- As long as they're on my side, at least...
I looked at the girl, something about her behavior, and wade's and Izz's behavior with her- told me she was somewhat of a higher rank. Veteran and founder- probably- but not the 'leader'- there was respect and loyalty, but no dominance.
Like Izz, she was quite handsome- You'd think ugly girls are more sensitive to radiation, huh?
Spoiler! :
If anyone didn't understand, I'm making fun of the fact that in storybooks- naturally- all the characters, unless intentionally ugly, are good-looking. without braking the fourth wall :smt003

She looked at me suspiciously, frowning. I returned her a wolf-like grin, my purple eyes' glare was as cold as ice and as hard as steel- I knew she was uncomfortable under it- Once Roger said: "kid, if I wouldn't have seen your acid, I'd be freakin' sure you're a freakin' mind-reader", admittedly, the adjectives were crude- but the main idea was working.
As I nonchalantly stripped her soul in my gaze, she shook her head hastily- I stopped.
"Get in." she generally gestured with a hand, as another figure came out of the shadows, his green, fox-like gaze resting on me, studying me.
"Is everything okay?"- the authority in his voice was undeniable.
"Noah, this is Paul- He wants to join." introduced Wade.
The tone of his voice confirmed my former thought, Now I was facing the power that moved the 'Ivory fangs'.
"Another one?!"- He managed to say in a sigh, while giving me a doubtful look- "can we trust him?"
"No"- it was amusing to see there temporary confusion before they realized I was the speaker- "That's why I was put on trial period- fascinating talk, too bad you missed it- but I'd like to finish it inside." -I said dryly.
He nodded, "go ahead, Izz, Wade, keep an eye on him. I'll follow you." I rolled my eyes- did he actually believed that anyone missed the flashed gaze he gave at the blonde.
I entered the tunnel...

(hope I displayed everybody properly- and sorry if I made someone being under a leadership he wasn't under)

For Free!
topic86079.html

297 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 pm
Justagirl says...

Faye

After the new guy - Paul - stared me down I felt like he could read my thoughts. I went over to Izzy, "does he have a mutation?" I asked her quietly.

"Acid." She replied, "He can shoot it out of his hands."

Phew, he was a mind-reader.

"So, this is where we all sleep..." Noah was saying to Paul. "Just pick a couple of seats and lie down." He motioned to the train seats.

Paul looked incredulously for a second at the seats then sat on one near the corner, away from the rest of us.

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds. "Well, I'll go back out on watch duty, I guess." I said, swinging my arms uncomfortably then leaving the train.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Apple says...

Alright now we're getting back into the steams of things. I thought I'd post a juicy post, I don't know why, wanted to shake things up for the world of Ivory Fangs. Keep reading to see what happens (DUN DUN DAHHHH)!

Gabriel "Gabe/Gabby" Patterson:

I felt the yellow gunk crusting my eyelashes split apart as I forced open my eyes. My head thumped as if someone was hammering wildly into a gong set right beside my head. Dammit! Rolling onto my back even with my short stature (I am not small, I am simply 'small statured') my legs dangled over the side of the ripped, upholstery seats. Just the way I like my beds, springs sticking out and digging into my spine. Great comfort!

Sitting up, I craddled my head in my hands and yawned as louldy as I could. On an animal documentary I had watched once, it had said the Alpha male always is the loudest for dominance reasons so I made it a habit of yawning like I was a screeching baboon trying to get a mate. It was dark out only except a few flickering light plastered to the wall of the subway. Most of the seats were taken up be sleeping figures, and the soft purr of snores echoed from down the back. This wasn't so bad. The night before I had used two peices of newspaper in a gutter as my place of rest.

The shadows outside leapt around crazily as if they were trying to do some kind of interpretive dance. It made it seem that the walls were moving also. Kicking my legs over the side, I stood, the metal cast making it hard for me to get properly stable on my own two feet. The person in front of me I had never seen before, even though I had only been here for a few hours. A book lay over their fact as their chest rose and fell in a comatose way. Ahh, another person that falls to sleep when they read a book. See Dad, up in heaven, it's not only me that can't stand literature! I tapped their knee and smiled cheekily as their reflexes worked in tow. If I just had a permenant marker. Shrugging, I shouldered my way out of the compartment and towards the door.

The chill from the subway was rattling. My skin instantly pimpled as it curled its icy arms around my body. The smell of exhaust and flame dwindled around the compartment, what I recognised as distant cursing and car horns came with the breeze. Thank God that they weren't anywhere near us. When I had been with the Sayers, night attacks were the average. They would always occur, rival gangs throwing themselves into out lair...though, we always managed to hold them back. I dug my good hand into my gun pocket. I had never killed anyone with it though I pretended to. That's the only reason why the Sayers hadn't kicked me out sooner.

"Shut up, just shut up, shut up, shut up, just shut up..." I let the song pass my lips. I could remember listening to it on one of Dad's really old CD players. A small smile played across my face. The Ivory Fangs weren't bad, they were much better then Sayers. Neo, Noah and Faye...they all took care of me. The Sayers would've ran when they first got the shot to in that situation. I felt my pant pocket suddenly erupt in a buzzing frenzy. Grabbing at the old mobile phone, I pulled it out and brought it up to my eyes, the bright light blinding.

Text Message from Jen:

Where r u? It is alright Gabby, the Sayers, they want u back!
I spy!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:06 pm
Sierra says...

(OOC: ohmigod, so many people posted since I last looked! We are finally moving!! Awesome bomb to drop on us, Apple. I did NOT see that one comin'
Nixy, we have an already established relationship, right?)

Noah

"Well, I'll go back out on watch duty, I guess." Faye said. I glanced over to make sure Paul was alright before I went after her.

"Finally, peace, quiet, and no one trying to kill us." I said. She whipped around like she hadn't heard me coming. "How are you? Really? I haven't really talked to you in a while, just you. I miss being able to just talk." I sat on the subway steps so I had to tilt my head to look at her.
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

83 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 pm
SubjectBlue says...

A wise man once said: 'No rest for the wicked'- why are they always right?
I got up from my seat, every muscle in my body tensed- I always felt so filled with energy at nights.
I looked around me- no one was close to me, I made sure of that earlier- but I could see them all.
at a corner, I saw a tiny silhouette, creeping over a source of light. not far off, Wade lied, a forsaken book left open on his chest.
At the other side were two girls, in fitting ages to the previous side, like a board of chess.
First was the colorful girl, she didn't look more than 14, probably less. She shyly peeked at the short by, then, when realized I saw her, literally shifted colors. Lastly, Izz- she dozed, her mouth open, a string of drool dropping from her mouth to the floor.

I exited the train, hoping the tunnels will prove a sanctuary from all that... humanity...
As I walked through the tunnel, I suddenly heard a weird noise- someone wept.
I walked toward the silenced whines, finding myself on the edge of a deep pit, the ladder didn't escape my sight.

I climbed down, finding myself facing a winged girl, her back against the wall, sobbing with pain.
"What kind of an idiot tries to suicide in a twenty feet hole?" I asked her coldly,my eyes meeting hers as she gazed up in sudden fear.

For Free!
topic86079.html

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 pm
latinoburn says...

(OOC: Weeeellll! 28 notifications! Look at you guys! Youre on it!)

Neo

I got out the car. It seemed everything was alright with them so I could ease off. But man I couldn't sleep one bit. I sat on the car trunk and played around with my knife. Suddenly I got that feeling again; stronger than ever, in my..neck? Ugh whatever, but I couldn't keep control of my knife. It ended up tumbling downwards to some..hole? I walked towards the hole and hovered my knife back to my hand; but what was this..blood?
Dear those reading.

AM I MAKING YOU YELL IN YOUR HEAD?!?!?!?!

Sincerely, Caps Locks.

297 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:57 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC: Sure Sar-Sar!)

Faye

"I miss being just able to talk." Said Noah.

I smiled sadly at him. "Me too." I sighed, "It's like we're always working. Always running. Always hiding. Always fighting."

Noah took my hand. "We'll get used to it."

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:27 am
View Likes
Sierra says...

Aw, I love cute posts.

Noah

"We'll get used to it." I said, even though I knew it was a lie. I didn't think I could ever get used it, being always afraid, always watching, always waiting for the next threat. It would wear me down until I disappeared.

I hated the sad look in her eyes. On impulse, I leaned forward and kissed her, like I could make it go away with the press of my lips against hers. And maybe, I could, if only for a little while.
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 am
Dragonette says...

Mickey~

When I got back to our hide out, I leaned my skate board against the brick wall and ducked to walk through a low entrance. "I'm home!" I called out cheerily. "And I got some good picks." I held out a my bag of collections. But not much people were paying attention to me. And that's when I saw her. And there was this click. I don't know why, but there seemed to be something about her that was really different then the other girls I had known. After I realize that I was probably starring at her, I quickly recovered. "Hey, so we have a new member? Cool." I gave her a friendly smile and walked over. "My name is Michael, but people call me Mickey." We shook hands and that's when I noticed something. "Hey! You're blue!"

She blushed and ducked her head. "Yeah..."

"No, no! I mean, you are! But I didn't even notice before cause.." I lowered my voice, hoping she wouldn't hear the last part because it would be soooo embarrassing, "..cause you're so, uh, pretty." I was kicking myself inside and thinking I should just commit suicide because it would put us both out of our misery.

She laughed. "Well it's from the bombing."

"Yeah, that's totally cool. Everyone here has some sort of effect or the other from the bombs." By now I'm rambling and I knew it.

Thankfully, Faye saves me by calling Kora (I guess that's her name) over to show her some more of the club. She tells me bye, with a cute smile, and jogs over. I sigh. "Bye...Kora." I say, after she leaves. That's when I notice another new kid standing next to me. A blond boy who's looking at Kora in the same way that I'm probably doing right now. "Dibs," I say.

"Hey, I saw her first!" He says.

"So?"

"The early bird gets the worm," he says matter of factly.

"The second mouse gets the cheese," I snap back. We glare at each other for a moment. Finally I say, "I have to go help with the supper. All the people in the White Fang do it. We'll let you know when we're ready. Guests normally get the last pick." I spin on my heal and make my way to the pile of food that we've collected for the day.

"I'm not a guest!" He shouts after me, "I'm staying here, I'm part of the gang now!" And he hurries to help some people find fire wood.

Oh mager poop! I read the last post as the last post on page nine! So this post is totally off! This sucks. Sucks. Sucks! I just spent quite an amount of time on this. Grrrrrrr. *Sighs* I'll read and catch up.
P.S. Sorry guys, I've been on vacation this whole time guys. I don't know if I can do this now. :( And I had such great plans! :(
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

Well, if I can't get this chapter to work....at least I will have exercised my fingers.
— Kaia