z

Young Writers Society

3002 (Started) (Spots Open)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:17 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC: Apple, just so ya know, Faye isn't actually bleeding because she Absorbed the bullet. It's her mutation...)

Faye

I blinked. Gabe had just gone flying through the air. Noah was going to leave me. Someone was chasing after us. Now they were dead because of Neo.

What just happened?

"Noah!" I screamed and ran after him. "We need to get back to camp now! Before they continue following us with more cars!" I looked around nervously, waiting for another vehicle to appear and start driving towards us.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 pm
Apple says...

(OOC: Whoops, sorry, didn't see that. And I am sorry Sie if I made your character seem a little to harsh, I am getting way ahead of myself right now. :D Oh and this is going to be a slow post because I don't want to do anything wrong, I just want to get the wheel moving again. )

Gabe Patterson:

Even in my groggy state I snapped around to glare at Faye. Hadn't she heard what Neo had said? Hadn't she heard the creepy voice? The sound of engines suddenly went into hyperdrive, although the girl didn't seem to be able to get a hold of herself. She was scared, just like me. Could she see the fear on my face. Noah placed a hand over her mouth, staring up at Neo, his legs trembling though he masked it with a grave expression.

Neo stared paralyzed into the darkness, his face falling as if something had struck him in the chest and continued beating him while he was down. What was happening? Why weren't we running away? Faye had a point, we should get back to this camp wherever it is. It would be the only place we could take refuge in! On the streets, we were like rabbits in the open.

"I thought I'd see you again." Neo spoke, his skin turning pale.

Spoiler! :
I am sorry if I just threw everything out the window but I am trying hurriedly to finish homework and do this so I am very sorry. (: A cheesy grin works wonders though guys, does it not?
I spy!

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 pm
latinoburn says...

OOC: Sorry for the long post! My mind kept rolling as I typed. Has anyone ever gotten those moments?

Neo

It took me a while to process what Faye had said because I was entirely focused on this girl in front of me. She sounded just like my little girl, she looked like her, hell she even had her body language. But while I investigated this figure of similarity, I couldn't have any interruptions; so I took care of Faye's concern immediately.

"Don't worry Faye, this is refuge, you're in a metal fort I created while you were down. Look up. If you notice some of the falling rubble bounces off the sky. That's only because there was may glass around this part of the city so the fort is transparent. You're safe as long as I'm conscious. Thank me later."

I turned towards "Hailey" and I couldn't help but have that fatherly feeling I had not felt in a long time. I bent down towards her and the longest I stared at her, the more my heart melted. It was my little girl. She was shivering and rubbing her eyes constantly. She was crying.

"Daddy I'm scared!" she whimpered.
I smiled; it was her.

"Hey, what did I always tell you? Straighten up little fighter! Stiffin' those shoulders; what you cryin' about?"

She smiled, just like old times. I turned towards the three and signaled that everything was fine for now. I turned back towards Hailey to meet a little coin. It was the same coin I handed the night before the bombing began; and she kept it all this time. I took the coin, put it in my pocket and embraced her in a hug.

"I love you Daddy." she whispered.

"I love you too Hailey."

We came out of the hug; But. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hailey you can calm down now." I said. But it was still there.

"Hailey, everything is all right. I promise." Still in that same place. I turned towards Faye, Noah and Gabe and called it off; something definitely was not right. Turning towards Hailey, I narrowed my eyes, furrowed my brows and formed the sickest, most intimidating scowl I could preform and I was damn good at it.

"Who are you?" I spat.

"Daddy its me," she laughed, "don't you remember?"

"If you are my daughter. Calm Down." No reply.

"You're not my daughter," I quickly got up and pulled out my knife again, "who are you!"

"Yes I am! I am! I am! I am! I am!!" she cried. But I wasn't buyin' it.

"Calm down!"

"I am calm!"

"Then why are you're eyes like that?!" I yelled. If it's one thing I learned today, its that the Jacques generations' eyes turn silver when they are worked up; they turn brown when we feel alright. Her eyes have been silver the minute we locked contact. She could only stiffen. The was not my daughter. I bent back down towards her, the falling rubble ceased. She backed up a bit. "Daddy, you're scaring me."

At this point I could scare anyone. I had that feeling; a full-on mix of remorse, anger, rage and exhilaration. It was the feeling I got when I enjoyed killing someone; and it never failed to show on my face. I picked up the coin this girl gave and let it hover straight at the point of her forehead. I felt my eyes switch color as I looked right through her.

"Don't call me Daddy." With words said, I let that coin slowly pierced completely through her head; as smiled as the sheer pain showed up on her face before her eyes slowly rolled back and she fell towards the ground. She was dead. I got up and turned towards the three. I slowly uncovered the fort.

"I need someone to show me where that base is now." Welcome back Neo.

As Faye signaled the directions while we drove, I practiced keeping my cool under circumstances; I did not want another havoc shot like that. No word was said in the background, I figured Noah and Gabe knew I didn't want to right about now. We had finally reached the hideout; and as we walked towards the place, I declared I had two goals now.

Avenge the jackass who killed my daughter,
And Find the deadass who stole her!
Dear those reading.

AM I MAKING YOU YELL IN YOUR HEAD?!?!?!?!

Sincerely, Caps Locks.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 pm
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

Spoiler! :
I got sick of waiting, so I'm continuing by myself

The silence hung in the room, I looked at the two, then at my surroundings- there was nothing left to salvage.
I waited impatiently, I realized I could kill them both, but I also realized the price wasn't worth it, it seemed to me as at least the guy- wade- coould come to the same conclusion, I was right.
"So, are we gonna stand here all day, or do we continue?" He asked.
Izz looked at me uncomfortably, obviously a hot tempered one, I shrugged and ignored her spiteful look.
"If you don't mind," I started, I usually wouldn't have suggested anything of the sort, but the circumstances had required me to- it wasn't even the first time. "I would like to join your, um, 'gang'. You can personally vouch for my abilities." I suggested.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

297 Reviews

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 pm
Justagirl says...

Faye

Although I felt really uncomfortable with Neo after the whole father-finds-daughter-then-finds-out-she's-a-fake-so-he-kills-her thing, he'd asked for directions back to our camp, so I gave them too him and he drove us 'home'.
Really, the base doesn't seem like much of a 'home' but since there's really no where else to go, lots of people - including me and Noah - have begun to call it that. Because, when you have no home, but you have a base, what else are you gonna call it?
So, we drove back to our base-home in its cozy, subway station area. We had taken over one of the many train stations in NY and, luckily, it had a large train that had stopped in it once the main power for the subway went out. Although the main power was out, though, we still had some lights that were on, but most were off so it was really very spooky. Still, it was easy to defend and had a train that we camped out in so we were ok.

When we got there I saw Ash and some girl who seemed to be pinkish and polka-dotted. What was up with that?

"Hey Ash," I said while Noah helped Gabe out of the car and to where our medical supplies were in the train. "Who's that with you?"
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Sierra says...

(O_O wow latinoburn, aweomse post! I had to stare at my computer in awe of your plot/writing brilliance for a few seconds before I could move on :) Have you by any chance seen X-Men: First Class? The coin thing reminded me of a scene from that . . .)

Noah

It was good to be back. I felt a little of the tension from the fight dissipate when I walked into the station. Here, everything was familiar. I could sleep in the same place every night. In this new world, that was all I needed to call a place home.

I stood next to Faye. Her open hand hung loosely at her side, and before I had time to think I took it. I stared at my feet, hoping she wouldn't pull away. Every second seemed like an hour. "Hey, Ash." I said, trying to be nonchalant. And probably failing epically.
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:14 am
Dragonette says...

Izz~

So he wanted to join our Ivory Fangs. Me and Wade looked at each other. I shrugged. It would give me a second chance to get back at him. "Whatever. What do you think, Wade?"

He spat some blood out of his mouth (I guess Paul had got him in the mouth when we were fighting) and shrugged, "Why not?"

I stuck out my hand and he shook it. A flash of surprise crossed his face when he felt my burning skin, but he didn't object. I gave Wade another glance that said, Are you sure about this? and then spun on my heal and said, "Alright, follow us."
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:40 am
SubjectBlue says...

As I followed them, I also tried to figure them out.
This Izz girl obviously had the ability of heightened senses of sort, what bothered me was not knowing Wade's abilities.
"So, what's the name of the group?" I asked.
Wade and Izz pretty much answered together- "The Ivory Fangs"
I checked my coat, he had a little tatter in it, I'll have to take care of that.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

199 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:37 am
Apple says...

(OOC: So I did a really long post, I couldn't help myself, sorry guys. (: So I see we're starting to chug through again, this is great!)

Gabe Patterson:

I sat on the cold subway floor, staring out at the station as a cold breeze whistled down the empty train tracks. If I listened close enough I could still hear the vintage tram racing through the subway when my family were still alive, and when we were waiting for our ride back home from the city. My arm was beginning to sting again though I could swallow the pain, I could swallow anything after what I had seen. I gulped, feeling my eyes begin to fill with tears. No, not now, definitely not now. Why must I always cry when it starts to get tough? Crying hadn’t helped mum when those men had gotten her, crying hadn’t helped me against the Sayers and it hadn’t brought dad’s stony eyes back to their normal glimmer either when our building had crumbled to the ground because of the earth quake.

Using the back of my hand I scratched at my eyelids, gritting my teeth as anger began to take over the raw fear snaking around my heart. Why was I so worthless? Neo on the other hand was like the Hulk from my older comic books. He managed to see the sham when that imposter was acting like his daughter. And then there was Noah. He had managed to keep his cool even when cars were threatening to squash us, and even Faye. She had absorbed that bullet and instead of freaking out like I would have, she managed to stay sane.

What had I been doing? I had been crying. Freaking out, thinking of a way to run away and leave them as bait whilst Faye, Neo and Noah were willing to stay by my side till the thick of it. Heaving myself to my feet, I wiped at my fringe feeling it fall into my eyes. Did I really deserve them?

“Hey!” a voice chirped by my ear.

I jumped, screeching at the top of my lungs. Faye stared wide eyed at me, almost dropping the half full water bottle in her hands.

“Oh,” I breathed, my heart sliding back from my throat and into its position in my chest. “It’s you.”

“S-so this is where you’ve been hiding, Noah has been trying to find you everywhere.” She said, a small smile crossing her sleep deprived face. “Don’t you want them to see to your arm?”

As I stared into her face I could still see that blank expression she had held when that bullet had gone through her. I had seen powers in action before so I hadn’t become scared when she managed to open her eyes again although it didn’t feel right. Like we were somehow defying God by even being alive.

Faye’s smile faltered when she saw my expression. “So you don’t want any help or are you going to tough it out like a big man?”

For once I didn’t feel angry for some saying that. I began to laugh and when I began I couldn’t stop. Maybe it was all the exhaust Neo’s car had spewed out that had settled in my brain or maybe it was just the relief of still being alive but for the life of me I couldn’t stop and even when the tears came. Maybe I was still just a little guy and was just well over my head.
I spy!

297 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:57 pm
Justagirl says...

Faye

"So you don't want any help or are you going to tough it out like a big man?" I asked Gabriel after I found him sitting alone in a corner of the subway station.

For a second a flash of anger crossed his face then he burst out laughing. I couldn't see what was so funny but soon I was laughing too. We were laughing so hard that Noah found us and stared at us for a second then started laughing too. I guess it was just our way of letting out the two years of stress that'd been building inside of us ever since the nuclear war had started.

Soon, we calmed down and Gabe choked out a little, "Ok." So Noah started to fix up his arm properly.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 pm
latinoburn says...

Spoiler! :
(OOC: Wow! Thanks Sierra! I certainly was not expecting a comment like that! And yea I saw Xmen: First Class, and that is where I got the seen from! My whole character was actually based off of Magneto and his power, I just added some new things. But theres still someting else goin on with Neo and he'll find out sooner or later! :smt002)

Neo

You could hear the little click-clatter as I fixed this up for Gabe. I felt sympathy for the kid. He was still young and he was put through A LOT today. Not just him all three of them, even me. My body was fine but mentally I was bushed; I was just gonna this one last thing and then head off to sleep.

It wasn't long till I finished and I was looking for Gabe and them. But instead I ran into a bizarre comedy act. But as soon as someone sensed me, the laughing stopped. Everyone just kept a straight face; hell, now I was laughing.

"Guys relax! I'm fine. I promise."I smiled, but only Noah let off.

"But anyway," i continued, "I just wanted to give this to Gabe; hes going to need it."
It was a metal cast for his arm. "The ones official made dont hold as good as this. His arm should be fine in maybe two months."

Now Gabe let off when I gave him the cast. Welp, I was beat.

"Well its been a pretty long day so Im gonna sleep in the car. Gabe can use the guest bed. Cya tomorrow."
Dear those reading.

AM I MAKING YOU YELL IN YOUR HEAD?!?!?!?!

Sincerely, Caps Locks.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm
Sierra says...

(OOC: I figured that out this morning in the car. All of a sudden I was like 'OH MY GOD, NEO IS LIKE MAGNETO!! WHY DID I NEVER SEE THIS BEFORE?? I AM BLIND!!)

Noah

"Cya." I said to Neo.

"We have an actual bed?" I asked Faye. "Like, an honest to god actual bed or just a mattress?" Yeah, I had been living under a rock for the past two years. We all had. And Rule #1 of the Apocalypse was: real beds are freaking heavy. Mattresses aren't.

I finished fixing up Gabe's arm and sat back, resting my forearms on my knees. "I'm glad that's all over. I'm beat."
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

297 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 am
Justagirl says...

Faye

I grinned at Noah. "No, we don't have a bed. But, we do have luxury train seats! Take your pick!" I lead Gabe and Noah back over to the train where Ash and the other girl (who was still a little pink and polka dotted) were. Ash was showing her around and explaining our situation. "So, what is your name?" I asked the girl, who grew a little more pink, less polka dotted, and slightly striped when I talked to her.

"Kora." She said.

"I'm Faye," I held out my hand to shake. "Nice of you to join us."

Noah shook her hand too and Gabriel did also, though a little awkwardly.

199 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm
Apple says...

Short post, sorry, class starts in almost five minutes. :D Just thought I'd post something real quickly. Didn't really think my time out well, though. I would like to do much more to it but my stupid bell is going to ring! AHHH!!

Gabe Patterson:

Who is that fox? All the pain, sadness, fatigue and misery that had been clouding my heart vanished as I stared deep into the girl's eyes as I shook her hand. So she was pink and polka dotted, I could totally deal with that. Oh God, my face wasn't streaked read from tears was it? My hair! Oh lord my hair! It was still straight and spiked up at the back, right? Dammit! I must look like something the cat dragged in after taking a sniff of catnip! She stared at me, our hands still held in that awkward hand shake. Kora glanced up at my eyes nervously, her lips moving as if she was contemplating saying something.

Say your name, Gabe! Say your name! Don't make her think you're a loser already.

"The name is Gabe!" I flashed her a classic 'I'm to sexy for my shorts' smile though it had no effect on her. To tell you the truth, I don't think think it has ever had an effect on anyone! Wait, had I just said Gabe? No! I must sound like a little child saying such a stupid nickname. "I mean Gabby - Gabriel! That's my name, Gabriel." A nervous laugh parted through my lips.

Faye gave me a weird look in the corner of her eyes; Noah shook his head as he stepped onto the solitary tram, pulling back the door. Both of their faces mirrored each others. 'You're an idiot!' they said, without even opening their lips. As of right now, I most definitely was an idiot.
I spy!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:06 am
emwolf1998 says...

Kora

I repeated my name to everyone, who shook my hand, I started turning less pink. Everyone seemed nice, Ash made it sound alot more scary than it was. Then a blonde boy walked up, and put his hand out but he stayed silent, I turned just plain purple. Then finally he spoke, saying his name is Gabe, or well Gabriel.

He sent me a cocky kinda smile, his smile was kinda contagious, I caught it with in seconds. Now ofcourse my skin color changed to baby blue stripes. His jumpyness was kinda cute, but I just smiled and shook his hand polietly. I layed my bow on the floor, so every knew I had a weapon but I wasn't going to use it here. Still baby blue stripes.

Spoiler! :
Purple means happy, Baby Blue means flirty, and stripes means embarassed.
~Wolf~

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop