z

Young Writers Society

3002 (Started) (Spots Open)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:06 am
Justagirl says...

Sierra wrote:(NOO!! I had this whole reply written and I liked it and and and . . . I forgot to post it. Yeah. So now, three hours and four posts later, I realize it. Blerg)

(Muahahahaha Sucker. Jk, that happens to me too - infuriating, isn't it?)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 am
Apple says...

Gabriel Gabe/Gabby Patterson:

They were just going to leave me there! Leave me as bait! What the hell, man? I was willing to join their cause and they were going to just throw me to this person who could’ve cut my neck by just staring at it. I moved away from Faye as she helped me to my feet, hissing under my breath. She either didn’t hear me or decided to ignore it. Maybe I should’ve kept my mouth shut and went to find the medicine myself! I could stand my ground against the Sayers. I had more brains then all of them put together!

Neo motioned to the car with a thick, tattooed arm. “Alright then, let’s get this show started.” He turned to me, “are you ready to show us where to go, little man?”

Little man! Did he just call me little man? Oh not again. “I am not a little man,” I said through gritted teeth. “Alright, so I may be on the short side but-!”

“Just call him Gabe, we’ve already have this conversation.” Faye said with a small smile. I turned on her, my shoulders heaving with built up anger.

“It’s not Gabe either. It’s Gabriel; don’t shorten my name!”

A tense silence spread over the top of us. I didn’t need them babying me! I was just as able as any of them. If they just watched me in action they’d know I was no third wheel. Weakness didn’t depend on how tall you were, hopefully!

“Alright-y then, let’s get going.” Noah finally spoke, moving the weight in his legs from angle to ankle.

They weren’t being serious, were they? Sure he hadn’t mowed us down with his car when we first meant, though Neo could be an even bigger threat then Sayers to us.

“Hold on a moment,” I said, placing up my good hand to stop Faye and Noah from walking into the car. On second thought, maybe I should let them go. After all they had done, why was I trying to keep them alive?

Neo turned and stared at me through dark eyes, “Lemme guess, how do you guys know that I am trustworthy?” When no one said anything he chuckled. “Well one reason is that I haven’t killed you yet, and if I wanted to find out where the Sayers hideout is I would’ve just followed you or maybe have followed someone more reliable.”

Faye looked at Noah, the leader I guess you could say nodding in agreement. “Alright then, we’ll go, but if you come with us you have to join our gang.”

“I’m fine with that, I’ve been alone for so long…” Neo trailed away before shaking his head to break his thought bubble. “So, what are we called?”
I spy!

297 Reviews

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:12 am
Justagirl says...

Faye

Again, Neo explained how he was trustworthy, but really, I wouldn't trust him until he'd saved my life. Twice.

"We?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "It's not just us, we've got a couple more people at our camp. We're the Ivory Fangs and who said you could join?"
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:25 am
Sierra says...

NOAH (And I really hope I remember to post this)

"It's not just us, we've got a couple more people at our camp. We're the Ivory Fangs and who said you could join?" Faye said. I put my hand on her arm.
"I think they're safe, Faye. Sounds like they'll be able to help. Anyway what's that thing they used to make posters of and put in elementary schools - theres safety in numbers?" I hoped this was the right decision. Please let this be the right decision. I turned to the others. "Gabriel, can you show us where to go?"
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:00 pm
Dragonette says...

Izz~

"Can we talk?" the guy asks after burning me. Oh yeah, that'll happen.

I see my knife and am about to lung for it when Wade puts a hand on my shoulder, "Come on Izz, he called a truce, we gotta respect that." He always was a weak one, in my fury I think he's always been weak. But he lowers his voice and says, "I don't like it any better then you, but think about it, this guy could make a terrible enemy. Just listen to him, kay?" Unfortunately what he says is true.

I huff and give the guy a death glare, but put my hands on my hips and say, "You got one five minutes. What do you want?"
Last edited by Dragonette on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:07 pm
SubjectBlue says...

"Listen, I don't believe in revenge, and the food is gone, I've got no grudge with you. You attacked me." I calmly explained.
"I know you're a bit heated over the situation, but continuing this fight will bring gain to neither of sides, and will be only harmful for both. It's better to turn and leave" I was absolutely rational, I hoped they could be rational too.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Sula | On a rooftop

The steaming heat that poured onto her weak, feathered little body wasn't doing too much to help her hunger, obviously. She turned towards another crow, and cawed; it flapped its torn-up wings at her indignantly in response. She looked at her haul; a medium-weight knapsack. She half wondered how something that small could've pulled up something this heavy. She put her head into the bag.

"No food." She sighed. "All that fighting for nothing." She crawled out and observed the city skyline. The sun was starting to go down; and so would she if she didn't find some food soon. She looked down, and to her surprise, there was some fighting going on. It looked like two against one. Sula tch'ed and preened her wings. She didn't plan on changing back so soon. She needed to find food first.

But this looked so interesting...she flapped down to a lower wall, cawing at the group. Maybe they would spare a loaf of bread for an innocent-looking crow. If they had a loaf of bread, that is.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 am
HibiscusBlush says...

-Wade

"So you're telling us you devoured everything in this entire space all by your lonesome?" I questioned, giving him an intense glare and shook my head slightly. "I saw clear as day outside, this place is a gold mine. 'Kinda buried now..." I gestured my hand around. "But some at least should have survived. ’Nothing we can't dig up."

"Or are you too spineless to eat something a little mucky?” Izzy spat. “Well get over it.”

A shadow in my peripheral vision caught my eye. I glanced quickly, turning my head fully in its direction. My eyes darted around searching for what I know I saw, but, nothing. . .

I tapped Izzy’s hand twice, a signal I used to warn, “Somebody’s near.”
Previously known as Aloha

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:25 am
Dragonette says...

Izz~

When Wade tapped my hand I gave an almost unnoticeable nod. My face showed that I didn't care, so this new kid wouldn't know something was up, but I kept my senses open and I was ready for another fight, just in case. Still ready for anything, me and Wade started picking out food from the ruble. The boy started doing the same. I kept my eye on him, but he seemed to be peaceful enough, which surprised me. I mean, after seeing all of those dead bodies outside, I figured he was a killer. But maybe he didn't kill them? I shook my head, no, I could see the marks that his venom left on them. This guy was certainly a puzzle.

Absentmindedly, I threw a couple crumbs to a bird that had landed nearby and continued to wonder over our new "friend". Heck, I didn't even know his name. "Hey," I said addressing the boy, "You got a name?"
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 am
Apple says...

Gabriel Gabe/Gabby Patterson:

The wind whistled through my hair as we rode through the streets, Neo humming to the static coming from his car radio. Ever since the bombing, anything from radios to televisions has been offline. The butterflies in my stomach were mutating into beasts the closer the car crept towards the old, abandoned Ambulance warehouse on the outer edge of town. I was just hoping with all my might that the Sayers weren’t waiting out there for us.

“Looks like everyone has gone to sleep early tonight,” Noah said, hanging his arm out the window.

He was wrong though, everyone was just hiding. I glanced outside and scanned the area. Already I could see the whites of people’s eyes shining in the darkness. They were watching us. In this day and age, driving a car was a very bad idea. My stomach began to do flips once again. I groaned loudly, digging my elbow into the thigh of my pants to stop myself from fidgeting. I could feel the gun in my pocket, biting into my skin.

“Where is this place?” Faye leant over the front passenger seat, her eyes glittering in the darkness of the car.
I looked up through the darkness of the windshield and felt my skin crawl. The blood in my veins turned cold, and my breath caught in my throat. There it was. The staff rising above the building, and the two serpents curling around it: the crest of the ambulance.

“We’re here.”
I spy!

297 Reviews

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:32 pm
Justagirl says...

Faye

"We're here." Announced Gabriel in a solemn voice.

I'd noticed he'd been getting more and more quiet and anxious looking, it must be because of the car - it was making some noise, not much though.

"It doesn't really look like there's anyone here..." I said quietly.

"Yes there is." Neo said in his gruff voice. "Look around you, see the whites of their eyes? This isn't a good place to be."

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm
SubjectBlue says...

"You got a name, boy?" asked the aggressive girl, which was ridiculous as she was obviously younger and smaller than me, I didn't care, though. I was more interested in the voices from the outside, and in the two anxiously pretending nothing's wrong.
"Paul, you're Izz. His name I haven't heard yet." I answered.
"Me, I'm Wade." Wade replied.
"It's nice to meet the two of you." I said, smiling coldly, wiping some blood from the edge of my lip.
They didn't smile.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm
CelticaNoir says...

Sula | On the ground

Sula pecked at the crumbs the girl had thrown her. She sized the entire group up. There was the girl Izz, of course, small but fiery. She seemed friendly enough; at least she had thrown some food at herself, which was pretty much what Sula bargained for. Of the two boys, Wade seemed quiet but normal; it was the other one that bothered her. She clawed closer to the girl, feeling uncomfortable.

The sun had nearly disappeared now, lending the sky a quality of hazy red smoke. She wished she had a watch; how long had it been since she transformed? Two hours, three? She hoped it wasn't close to four. Last time she ran into a group of the other mutants they weren't very friendly to her and it had ended with blood spilled. Their blood, of course. She could still feel the metallic taste in her mouth.

The crumbs were all gone now; she cawed at Izz, hoping the girl would give her more. The hunger was beginning to eat away at her stomach. Couldn't someone throw her a larger piece?
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

297 Reviews

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:16 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC:
Justagirl wrote:Alright... New vote-count:

Ivory Fangs: 6

Ebony Souls: 2

Sorry guys - Ivory Fangs wins. One more vote (mine - I'd go for Ebony Souls) wouldn't make any difference so the name Ivory Fangs wins!

-Alzora
See more of this discussion in our Discussion Topic.)

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:44 pm
View Likes
latinoburn says...

Neo

I could a few little eyes peering out every now and then. I also couldn't help but notice how Gabe got more and more anxious. We had no idea what they were capable of, and I don't think Gabe wanted to talk about it either. I turned to Noah and Faye.

"We need a plan."
Dear those reading.

AM I MAKING YOU YELL IN YOUR HEAD?!?!?!?!

Sincerely, Caps Locks.

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler