z

Young Writers Society

Camp Half-Blood *Join!*

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:17 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine- Poseidon

There was something about his eyes but I was distracted when Daemond plopped down on the bench beside me. I smile, and tugg at the base of my tank top before lookig at his face.
"You know, I'm not going to bite if you actually talk?" I mumbled, he just seemed so distracted or maybe untrustful of me..
"Hmm? Oh no, I know." but that was all he said.
I turned from him and steepled my hand on the table, maybe he didn't like hanging with someone who looked as though she'd just rolled out of bed? All I can think about is the first day He became my friend and the first day he became my secret crush.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:45 pm
Funkymomo says...

( Gosh, I miss one morning and EVERYONE's started!)
Savannah Victoria

The sun was shining, the birds were singing, but I wasn't happy. Yeah, sure it was the first day of camp, but it was what, seven in the morning and I was awake?! I'd need to adjust my internal schedule. Not only was I not able to get back to sleep, but I saw that my other cabin mates had already woken up. Not that I had a problem with that, neither of them were very talkative.

On an average morning at camp, I'll wake up at six and run a mile long trail. by the time I'm done, most people aren't up yet and I can take a shower, but not today. I only have time to jog to the showers, and even then people are their, slow as ever. I chat with some people, talk about our years, but no interesting conversations.

So, by the time i'm in the shower, I'm feeling pretty bad. I'd slept in, not excersised, and stood in a line feeling very dirty for about half an hour. I don't let that get me down though, I try to keep my spirit's high and hope that the rest of the day would be great.

All that wishing was wasted when I felt my foot step in wet soil. I look down to see a squished vegetable under my foot. I'd stepped in one of the Demeter kid's gardens.
Tessa Dean

Morning's are my favorite time. The sun's usually drying out the dew from the night and everything's waking up. To me, it feels as if the world's waking from a dream. I'm not a dreamy type of person, but it's nice to feel as if the world's not fully awake either.

I'd woken up around five on the first morning of camp; early enough that the sun was just on the horizon. I put my hair in a ponytail, put on an already dirty green shirt and brown shorts, and went out to my garden.

Because I stayed at camp full year, all the plants in my garden were already growing. I had squash, carrots, spinach, you name it, I was growing it. The garden didn't need that much work this morning, just a little watering. When I was finished, I went back int he cabin and changed into cleaner clothes, my favorite T-shirt; a cream colored shirt with a earth on it that said, "Save some for me."

It was still pretty early, so i didn't need to go to breakfast just yet. Instead, I sat down on my bunk and started reading.

" Morning," Heavenly said. I jumped, I didn't think she was here yet.

" Oh gosh, you scared me. Morning." I said. Some Aphrodite girl came in soon after, and Heavenly invited her to eat with us at breakfast. A few minutes after she left, I heard a squish outside.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:46 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Tree

"Volleyball." I repeated. He looked at me and nodded.

"Yea. Volleyball."he repeated. I tried to get my tongue to move the right way, in order to pronounce it. I've never heard of that word.

"And here is the lake..." He peered over at me. It was alright, I guess. Naiads swam all around, talking to each other..

"It's pretty." I commented. He shrugged.

"it's got nothing on the forest." I gave him a small smile.

"That I know already." He chuckled.

"Don't you collect campers or something? That's what a Satyr I knew when I was young said he does." I asked.

"In fact, I do. I have Savannah Victoria, Nick Jensen, Alex Freemon, Taylor Jones, Diago Smith, Ani James, Aura McCormik, and Kassie White." He stated. Like I was supposed to know what it meant.

"Impressive... I think." I mumbled.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:50 pm
View Likes
Roadnevertravelled says...

Re O'Neill

It looked like I'd be the only Athena kid this year. I didn't have a problem with that, in fact, it was probably better that I didn't have to deal with any more little kids, I'll probably have to deal with plenty this summer. My father had made me go. I would have shrugged him off, but it was what he wanted, so I had to, I loved him.

It was only 6:00 according to my alarm clock, not that I trusted a piece of metal. I went outside and checked one of the many sundials around, and sure enough, the alarm clock had been five minutes off, it was 5:55.

Now this would usually be the time for superstitious grade school kids to say, " Time to make a wish!" And wish for a wonderful day, or a piece of candy or whatever kids wanted. I didn't believe in luck. Luck was something created by dumb people to make then feel better about themselves. Actual fact and strategies were the really important thing.

I walked leisurely down to breakfast. If I had to be at this camp, I'd prefer to stay on my own and not have to deal with crowds. but since I was here, I planned to do things my way, alone.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:18 pm
Amfliflier says...

Monday Morning/ Breakfast

"Hey Chase." She said sweetly. I was too stunned to say anything, so I just smiled and blushed. I could hear TJ snickering and I elbowed him in the ribs.

"I'll just leave you two alone." I gave him the death glare as he walked away.

"H-hi, um..." She didn't tell me her name yet.

"Oh! I forgot! I'm Bella!" She lightly smacked herself in the forehead.

"Hi Bella." Her name felt funny on my tongue. "So, how old are you Bella?" I felt like asking. She huffed and looked mad.

"You don't have to answer, if you don't want to, I just-"

"I'm fifteen." She said sourly.

"Oh. Look, I'm really sorry, I didn't know and I wanted to know-"

"So how old are you Chase?" She said, interrupting me. Apparently she didn't like the subject of age.

"I'm thirteen." She looked me up and down, like my age changed anything about me.

"This is your first year of camp I assume? I don't think I've seen you around here."

"Yep. My first year." I replied.

"Well I know you're going to love it here! So, I'll see you around?"

"Um, yeah! I'll see you, later, I guess." She laughed her tinkling laugh and sauntered away. I was awestruck.

I ran up to the dining hall, and all eyes in the room turned to me. I was a little late, but I didn't think they needed to stare at me. I glanced around the room and found Alex at our table. She smiled at me and patted the seat next to her. I walked over and plopped down next to her. T.J sits down on the opposite side of the table.

"Alex, Chase has a crush!"

"Not true!" I shout, but I can feel my face getting hot.

"Who is it?" She says excitedly.

"No one!" I defend myself.

"Bella Krulock!" T.J laughs.

"Ugh. I'd think being a kid of Apollo you'd have better taste." She scoffs.

"Hey, shut up! Both of you!" I exclaim.

"Hey, that's what siblings are for." T.J says, a huge grin on his face.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:34 am
Sunshine says...

Tell me about it funky! Still, it's amazing!

~Daemond~

I remember the first day I came to camp the FIRST first day. Alex had greeted me with a sweet smile, like I hadn't just come off the streets. We'd hung out a little and I'd honestly trusted her for a while. I started liking her-I mean, honestly it was hard not to. It had never gone any where and after that big fight with my dad and me leaving...well, let's just say I haven't spoken to her in a while. Katherine mutters something.

"Hmm? Oh no, I know." I reply not really listening.

Should I try harder? Make more friends maybe? Forget about it altogether? That's probaly my best option. Yet...wasn't I forgeting something? I shrug, mainly to myself and I hear Ani's voice asking, "Hey Daemond?"

I shake my head slightly, waking up.

"Uh-huh?"

She smiles," We were just wondering if you wanted something to eat?"

"That'd be good, thanks."

I feel a shock of frustration go through me. I seriously need to get it together before everyone referred to me as the crazy Dioynsus boy. We walk up and get a few waffles and sit at the Posiedon table. Thankfully, dad doesn't care if Diago and I sit where we want at breakfast. Katherine moves next to me a look of slight worry on her face.

"How did you get that black eye anyway?"

" Blame a bad pass by the Apollo kids. I think I'll live."

"Sure hope so."

We sit in silence for a second. Small talk...small talk...?

" You wanna go swimming during free time?"

I blurt out the sentance without thinking. She was a daughter of Posiedon right? Swimming was a good thing to do together right? Plus, it was a fun thing to do with a friend. Right?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:41 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

T.J~ monday Morning

Before we could start the game Chase's jaw dropped. I looked where he was looking and saw that Aphrodite chick Bella walking towards us. I promised myself the first day I got here that I wouldn't fall for their charm. She walks over to us and says hi to Chase. I look at him and it doesn't look like he's going to be talking for a few minutes so I introduce us. "I'm T.J and this is Chase," I say. I nudge him on the arm and he snaps out of his trance for a second before sinking back in.

"Hey Chase," she said. I heard Chase grunt but I couldn't here any words.

"I'm just going to leave you two, got to clean for cabin inspection," I lied. I headed up to the cabin. When I get in I lift my mattress. In the small space I cut out of the bottom was my bag of pranking items. I searched through. Beef broth cubes, whipped cream, my special clear rubber band. I grabbed that and head towards the Hermes cabin. I head in and get to the bathroom. I slip the rubber band around the hose and point it towards the front of the sink. I'm about to leave when I hear footsteps enter the cabin. They're headed towards me. I hear them right outside the door. When they enter the room I see a face. A beautiful face that I've never seen before. "Wow," was the first word that came to my mouth. I felt my jaw start to drop, but I caught myself and fixed it. A girl walks in, with blond hair and crystal blue eyes.

"What are you doing?" she asked. "Are you pranking us?"

"No, maybe," I blushed.

"Don't worry I won't tell, in fact I'll leave it, I just need to remember not to use the sink," she said. I laughed and smiled.

"My names T.J , what's your's?" I ask.

"Spirit Jones." she says.

"Hey, we have the same last name!" I say, laughing.

"I guess so, hey, we should head to breakfast, I bet everyone's wondering where we are."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I say. We head out the door and I realize, for the first time in my life, I actually have a crush on a girl.
Hope this is okay.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 am
untameabletiger says...

Name: Raine Starkweather

Parents: Poseidon && Sky Starkweather

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
Imageonly with wavy hair
Raine's hair is wavy, and flows down to her lower back,she is medium height. Her eyes are bright blue naturally and she has a bright, cheerful smile.

Personalities: Raine is not the quiet type, she is very bubbly and outgoing. Her looks describe her to the most extent but she is very smart and is stronger than most expect. Raine doesn't easily get distracted once she is determined, but it takes a lot to get her to that stage. She focus's on her strong points rater than her weaknesses, which explains her optimistic outlook on life.

Other Personalities: Raine HATES downers, she doesn't want anyone to bring her down and will not stand for it. She LOVES water, and has ever since she was little.She has never been a good singer but music relaxes her and helps her get through her hidden pain. Raine is good at thinking things through, but tends to over think EVERYTHING. Her fighting skills aren't the best, but she knows how to use her mind in every situation.

Brief history: Raine hasn't been here for long, she always felt as if she was different, but her parents always looked at her as a normal teenager until the shocking announcement was given to them by a strange woman on the street. At first they didn't believe her, but when Raine suddenly defeated a monster attacking her home, but not before it killed her mother, she knew it was true.

Up for love: yes

Other:
Spoiler! :
She NEVER takes off this ring off it represents her Celtic heritage and her mothers love for her.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************
Name: Zandra Fairchild

Parents: Athena && Gaar Fairchild

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
Zandra is taller than most girls her age but not by much. She has black hair that sits a long past her shoulders. Her eyes are dark, almost black, but often turn a light grey.

Personality: Zandra is pushy and aggressive, she will not take no for an answer and just by one certain look, people know not to cross the line. Despite the fact that she argues a lot, she has came a log way. She prefers to be quiet, but doesn't want to come across as weak. She is usually positive but when Zandra's in her negative state, watch out. Her God mother Athena gave her, her ability to think things through, and plan her strategies.

Other personalities: She HATES people who are pushovers, she likes a challenge.Music is one of her weaknesses. Her Fighting skills are some of the best in the camp so far, and her body allows her to move with great agility. She falls quite often but easily regains her stance. She likes to fight but she doesn't like hurting people, but she will if she has to. Once she's in the fighting mood, she will NOT give up until death or unless someone else comes in.

Brief History: Ever since she was told about her being a demigod, she immediately knew what she had to do. She began taekwondo, and immediately learned her way around a battle field with various weapons.Her family wasn't supportive at all and often was pessimistic towards her lifestyle. She looked at the camp as sort of an escape. She has been at the camp for years now, she was one of the first of her generation to come to the camp.

Up for love?: Yes

Other:
Spoiler! :
she always wears three of these necklaces, two gold and one silver.
Last edited by untameabletiger on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

131 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 am
Sunshine says...

It's great DaSpetsnaz! Sounds a lot like what Spirit would do.

~Spirit Jones~

I smirk silently to myself at the boys attempts to prank the Hermes cabin. Everyone knew T.J. was a prankster, besides the Hermes kids he was the only kid who pranked decently, but this was (that I knew of) the first time he's tried to prank the Hermes cabin. I let him think that he was actually gonna get away with it but the truth of the matter was that I'd rescued him from the punch box Nick had installed in the door way. Like I said, nobody get's away with pranking the Hermes cabin. We walk toward the mess hall slowly. I glance over at T.J. and smile.

"What ever posessed you to prank the great pranksters? Not many kids have the guts to do that."

He blushes and I wonder slightly why.

" I like a challenge."

I laugh softly," Trust me, it takes a master to prank us."

He raises an eyebrow "What and I'm not good enough to?"

"I didn't say that," I smile," but it's hard to beat the best."

Suddenly we hear an explosian from the Ares cabin, followed by a loud curse. I gesture toward the cabin. I give T.J. a knowing wink as we enter the messhall. "Handiwork of my step-bro Nick. One hundred percent positive." I look around for a place to sit, biting my lip when I notice that my usual spot is filled.

"Do you want to sit with my siblings and I?" T.J. asks suddenly.

"Um...yeah. Definitley!"

It's always good to try something new and T.J. sounded like a decent kid. I mean he did try to prank the Hermes cabin. He smiles and we walk over to wear Alex , Bella, and a boy who I doen't recognize sat. I give them all a small wave.

"Hey! I'm Spirit!"

Alex smiles at me and Bella waves back but the new boy, the one I don't know, doesn't reply. T.J. nudges him, a sly smile on his face, and he blinks.

"Oh hi. I'm Chase."

"Good to see you Chase."

T.J. and I sit down next to eachother and we bump hands, trying to sit down at the same seat. T.J.'s face turns a scarlett color and he let's me sit down first.

"Well, it took you an awful short time to clean up the cabin," Alex says playfully.

Cleaning the cabin? I smile at T.J, my way of saying good job sneaking out.

"Yeah, maybe you should go back and double check it's cleanliness. We don't want chores again you know." Chase says, joining the conversation.

T.J. frowns slightly and I laugh. He needed my help and hey, isn't that what random strangers are for?

" I'll help you if you need me."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 am
Funkymomo says...

Savannah Victoria
I had stepped right in a squash. I almost giggled at the irony, I squashed a squash, but the sound of someome coming out of the Demeter cabin made any feeling of happiness go away. I only hoped it would be some Hippie- girl who'd just let me go.

My wish wasn't granted. It was Tessa Dean. She was alright, but very protective of her plants.

" Did you step on my squash?" She asked. I was so nervous that I burst out laughing.

" Yeah, I squashed you squash!" I was tearing up now, and laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. When I finally calmed down a little, I looked up to see her smiling too.

" You know, it wasn't that funny," she said.

" I'm sorry, i'll just um, i'll throw it-"

"No!" She almost yelled. " No, I can just use it as fertilizer. You're forgiven, but if you step in my garden one more time-" She smiled, but I could tell she was serious.

" Don't worry, I'll be more careful. Sorry Tessa," I said. As I jogged away I hopped that she wasn't really that mad. She didn't seem to be.

As I was reaching Breakfast, I ran into (literally) Aetos. We both fell over, and I imediatly started apologizing.

" I'm sorry, I'm such a klutz this morning, are you ok? Sorry."

" No, it's fine, really," He said. as he helped me up. It was like one of those lame scenes in a movie, then the girl looks in his eyes and imediately falls in love. I looked into his eyes. They were a color, you know, ( I don't, it's not in his profile AMF!) and they were alright, but I honesty didn't feel any sudden drawing to him. I stepped away and apologized again.

" Sorry Aetos, I hope you're OK."
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

131 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:51 am
Sunshine says...

~Aura McCormik~

I walk along the borders of the camp, not really hungry. I look at each of the cabins, shining in the sun. Suddenly a girl walks from the Posiedon cabin, rubbing her eyes sleepily. She see's me and waves, rushing over with a smile. I didn't recongnize her at all, even though she seems to know me.

"Look's like I'm not the only late sleeper!" she chirps, sticking out her hand," I'm Raine."

"Aura McCormik, daughter of Aphrodite."

I decided to get it over with. Whenever people like her heard I was an Aphrodite they always got away from me, thinking I was super concieted and shallow. Raine just bites her lip, shrugging.

"Oh cool. I'm a Posiedon, obviously."

I smile at her, all the tension running out of me. This girl reminded me of Spirit Jones, laid back and happy. All of a sudden I feel something warm and fuzzy around my ankles.

"Missi!" I cry, picking up my kittie and nuzzling her. She meows angrily and I realize I forgot to feed her,
" Sorry Missikinz! How about some yummy tuna for lunch?"

She starts purring as though she understood me. I forget Raine is there until she clears her throat.

"You have a cat?" she asks, eyes wide.

"Yeah. My dad sent her to me. I convinced Chiron to let me keep her," I shrug," I'm pretty good at getting what I want."

She nodds," Obviously. Can I hold her?"

"Yeah just be careful though. She can be ferocious."

I give Missi to Raine and Missi snuggles into her arms, still purring. I gape at Raine, not fully comprehending my cat.

"Wow. She really like's you."

It's a shock. Missi doesn't get along very weel with many campers but she took to Raine so quickly it was insane.

"She's not ferocious at all!"Raine cuddles Missi happily," Can we bring her to breakfast?"

"I'm sure that can be arranged." I say, feeling comfortable," Anyway, how long have you been at camp?'

---The Book Thief---

7 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:39 am
untameabletiger says...

~Raine Starkweather~ Poseidon~.

The camp was nice so far, but the time i had to wake up was insane! After being used to sleeping in your whole life, that was a stretch. I yawned and stepped out into the warm, sunny day. I glanced around, looking for any chance to make a friend, not wanting to be alone my first week. I had managed to be ignored so far, I wasn't going to let that happen today. Auburn hair caught my eye. Another late sleeper?! I thought with excitement as I rushed over to her. She looked a bit startled but it quickly vanished as I spoke, now nervous.

"Look's like i'm not the only late sleeper!" I said, surprised at my perky morning voice which is usually an octave lower at this time. I stuck my hand out and added "I'm Raine." with a light smile.

"Aura McCormik, Daughter of Aphrodite." I could tell by her expression, she expected me to roll my eyes and walk off, like a snob. I bit my lip, wondering if I really look that shallow, and shrugged noiselessly.

"Oh cool. I'm a Poseidon obviously." I replied, Motioning to the cabin I had come out of a few minuets ago. She answered with a smile.

She gave a sudden jump, "Missi!" she was greeted with an angry meow. "Sorry missikinz! How about some yummy tuna for lunch?" I couldn't help but giggle when Missi started purring.

Clearing my throat, I asked an obvious question "You have a cat?" I'm sure my expression was priceless, but I absolutely love animals.

My mind began to wander, but was interrupted by the end of her sentence " I'm pretty good at getting what I want."

"Obviously! Can I hold her?" I hoped I wasn't coming across to snobby.

I picked Missy up out of Aura's hands after her warning, Missi was so soft! The fluffy cat greeted me by snuggling up into my warm arms. It took all my strength not to make kissy noises like usual, the last thing I needed was people thinking i'm weird. I looked away from Missi, over to Aura, her jaw was dropped in surprise.

"She's not ferocious at all!" I think I was beginning to like Aura and Missi more, they seemed to calm and down to Earth. "Can We bring her to breakfast?" I asked.

"I'm sure that can be arranged." She answered. I smiled exposing my teeth. "Anyway, how long have you been at camp?"

"Oh, Not even a week yet." I answered with a half smile.

"Wow! so your a newbie!" She looked both shocked and excited. I began to walk with her, staying a few inches behind, so I could follow her lead.

"Yeah. two days ago was my first day, ever since then, I have kind of stayed in the background, which isn't like me at all." I was Rambling again. I stopped, not wanting to come across as annoying.

By this time we were at a large building. "Here we are!, Luckily, we don't have to sit by cabin in here."

A wave of relief and terror rushed over me as we walked in. I kept a smile on my face, still following Aura. " Mind if I sit with you? I don't know anyone else." For once in my life i felt sort of, shy.

~Zandra Fairchild~Athena~

Being aggressive isn't always good, most of the time, it doesn't get you anywhere but by yourself. I walked around, debating on going to eat, then quickly decided. I changed my course and started towards breakfast. The walk wasn't long, but I jogged, realizing my growing hunger.I knew this place like the back of my hand, I fell over a tree root.

"Ow." I calmly said, pushing myself up. Blood ran down my arm. I ripped a part of my sleeve off and wrapped it around the wound. I have got to stop doing that! I thought. I began jogging again, For some odd reason, I felt as if I was being watched. I kept my pace until i reached the doors. I turned around and glanced in all directions, I was answered with a crunch of leaves.
(anyone?)

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:26 am
Roadnevertravelled says...

Re O'Neill~Athena

the bad thing about an early breakfast? An early day. My choice to eat breakfast before everyone else meant I had a longer day to waste here. My last summer wasn't too bad, I kinda became friends with an Ares camper, played capture the flag, but for the most part it was a waste of a summer I could've spent in Italy, or Paris, or China. There are so many places to go and learn about, why stay here? If it wasn't for my dad, I'd be in Japan right now, studying Japanese cultural influences or something. Instead, I'm walking around a summer camp like a lost puppy, weak.

I had thought that I would be alone this year, the only Athena child, but after lunch Mr. D spoke to me, I had a new sister. Two, actually. One, a girl named Devnee or something, wasn't here when I was last year and there's a new person this year, a fifteen year old girl. My goal's just to stay out of their way, I don't want siblings.

After I'd heard the news, I wanted to vent. I walked around camp for a while and then I saw her, the younger one. Dark, emo style hair, big cut on her arm, stereotypical 15 year old. I tried not to judge her too badly though, this was only her appearance and maybe she wasn't creepy. I looked around for something natural to get her attention so I wouldn't have to talk first. There was a pile of dead leaves by my foot, that would do. I stepped on them and they made a satisfying crunch. She turned, and as I had thought, she wasn't what she looked like.
She wasn't wearing a ton of black eyeliner or a streak of pink in her hair. She had spiky bangs across her face, but they weren't covering one eye. So overall, she looked like she was OK. Not really creepy or anything.

" So, you're my new half-sister," I said.

" Uh, yeah, if your mom's Athena," She replied. She was agressive, but she knew it, and was trying not to be.

" Yeah, she is. How'd you hurt your arm?" I said. " Oh, by the way, I'm Regan."

(I'd keep the conversation going, but it's bedtime. )
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 am
aquababe says...

Erika ~ Poseidon

Where was the rest of her cabin? From what she could tell, there was still one person missing. She gritted her teeth and looked across the rows of tables.

Yes, others from different cabins were missing too. From what she could tell, Dionysus was already in a bad mood, and she didn't feel like irritating him more. He could easily give offending cabins kitchen clean up duty or even worse, take away free time. She looked across at the new 'almost relationships' forming. They would be wanting to have time to talk together.

Suddenly she did a double take. They were sitting with cabins that they didn't belong to…great. She really hoped that the camp director wouldn’t come in any time soon.

"Hey," she called to her cabin mates. "Do you want to go look for Raine?"

7 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:02 am
untameabletiger says...

~Zandra Fairchild~Athena~

The wind was colder then normal,or maybe it was the large rip in her shirt. She spun around to see a tall girl, she didn't look familiar. She must be new. I thought, allowing the wind to whip my hair back.

"So, your my new half sister," She began. She better not be implying that I'M new. I thought.

"If you mother's Athena," I replied, not letting myself get angry over anything stupid.

" Yeah, she is. How'd you hurt your arm?" I raised an eyebrow and gave an amused snort. " Oh, by the way, I'm Regan."

" Regan, Regan" I murmured. " I'm gonna' call you Re. Oh, and I just tripped over a tree root, but you probably thought I went crazy now didn''t you."

"No, I just expected you to be the usual 15 year old." She answered, meeting my eyes with hers.

I took a deep, aggregated breath in. "I'm in this camp and you expect me to be normal?!" I let my breath out. "Sorry, I should be used to that by now."

she answered with a chuckle "Thats not what I meant."

I turned toward the entryway. She came up to me and walked through the door after me. We grabbed our plates, mine was piled high with food but the time we sat down.

"sure, How long have you been at camp?" I realized I hadn't said my name yet. "Oh, I'm Zandra."

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley