z

Young Writers Society

Island of Despair (Starting)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:07 am
Cspr says...

O.S. VOICE

Many people have flown over the island, a small, few mile long and few mile across isle made by a volcano centuries ago. The ground always seemed fertile and some saw animals upon the beaches, maybe a wrecked ship. Nonetheless, the sight turned their blood to ice--metaphorically--and they got away as quickly as possible. That's always happened. Some say the Bermuda Triangle is cursed because of the island, but the truth is it moves. You can't get to it normally--unless you have a reason to go. The island will consider you her missionaries, the last ditch effort to save the forsaken upon it. You don't understand? Well, you will--eventually. Or maybe not. Even I don't understand.

Maybe I'd explain it better this way. Those people who disappear? They end up on the island. The worst people? They end up there, too. Don't worry, they're getting their justice. Maybe I shouldn't put it that way. Just remember Revelation 3:16 and you'll go far. Oh, and remember Lord of the Flies and Robinson Crusoe's savage neighbors. That might be good.

If you see a man in Civil War uniform don't be surprised either. Our sense of time is a little off.

Oh? Who am I? Let's just say Emily knows me well. Such an impish gho--girl. You'll meet her eventually.

Unfortunately, I can't help you anymore... Good luck.

Scared yet?
Yes? No?
Well, good either way.
I decided to make my first storybook finally, so I decided to go with something simple--a repeat of an RP I made on one of my online friends' website. It's a little bit of LOST and a little bit of Flight 29 Down, but, well, it isn't really either.

I decided to keep things stable I'll go with how the latter ended up on their island, though, unlike the come-when-you-can approach I had for the original RP, GONE.

Basically this involves fallen angels (those that couldn't chose) and demonic critters (mainly in the form of mutated saber-toothed tigers). Yeah. Feel sorry for your character.

Anyway, the island itself isn't tropical. It's more of a barrier island, really--like Cumberland Island (you can look it up--it's cursed). Anyway, think of the Southern United States, like, say, Florida.

I will admit I will be using some of the characters from before, but maybe not all. If I assume you know something, I'm really sorry and just PM me. I'll make a DT shortly.

Okay, so past that (send me a PM if you have anymore questions, but my other characters should clue you in--it's fun to have a mystery isn't it?), here's the joining form:

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes):
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]):
Eye Color, Shape:
Skin Color:
Physique:
Prominent Features:
Other*:
Picture*:
Personality:
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Brief History/Family*:
Other*:
Things You Came With:

(* = Optional!)

This is how you got here and what to do:

Basic Premise: You were one of the people on the plane, part of a group of high school students headed from Hawaii (your school was in Northern California) to Guam. The pilots are dead so it's just you students, alone in the wilderness.
You were going camping as a special school field trip, so you have the basics: tent, a few tarps, water, purification system, dehydrated food, sleeping bags, camp saw and knife, and first-aid kit. You don't have much else but electric lanterns and a solar panel for providing them electricity. Luckily, you mostly know how to live on an island, don't you? Even if you lived in the city.

And here are the rules (which may be subject to change so keep an eye on them!):

I detest Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus, so please refrain from creating another.
You may have up to two characters, currently.
Try to limit your control of other people’s characters to a minimum, if possible.
Keep things realistic—people can go crazy, but this isn’t LOST.
No killing each other’s characters, please. This isn’t about death—it’s about survival, emotion, and drama.
The island they crash on is only a semi-tropical island; look up Cumberland Island and some of the Floridian or slightly-above-equator Asian islands, if curious about what it’s supposed to be like.
PM me with questions; for I will not be setting up a DT for a few days (the Nano deadline is coming up).
Try to not chat too much on this forum—PM each other!
Don’t act like God; sometimes your character is going to get a sunburn, rash, bug bite, or be less than perfect in general. The drama this causes adds more fun!
Try to make characters that are varied. If someone puts a male jock above you, make a sensitive female, etc. I don’t know. Make it random and fun! Have the jock a sensitive guy and the girl a kick-behind chess player. It’s up to you. Just…make the male to female ratio normal, okay? And not everyone be amazing?
PM me with your joining form before you post it, so I can make sure it’s good.
Try to be active.
No sexual scenes or swearing.
Try to keep posts over 400 characters.
Try not to be too serious like me.

Spots available:

1. Claimed by me.
2. Claimed by kidashka.
3. Claimed by kidashka (?)
4. Claimed by SeleneForeverDream
5. Claimed by MaryRandshain
6. Claimed by MaryRandshain
7. Claimed by TabbyGirl.
8. Claimed by Geronimo.
9. Claimed by fictionfanatic.
10. Claimed by Chryssa2305.
11. Claimed by Chryssa2305 (?)

Minor Characters (just there to help move the story along):

12. Claimed by me.
13. Claimed by me.

If you want to join once that's full, ask me in a PM and I may be able to work you in. That just counts who was on the plane.

NOW, as soon as you're accepted and we have most of the slots filled, we can start. I won't set a date, but I hope it'll come soon enough. Good luck figuring out all the little seconds and surprises I have planned. ;)
Last edited by Cspr on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 12 times in total.
My SPD senses are tingling.

180 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:23 pm
Cspr says...

Here are my characters (I decided to put them in another post, so you guys can see the info better). They're meant to help the plot along, mostly. One of them might end up as a main character, though.

///

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Miranda DeRossi
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 16 yrs. old
Hair Color, Style, Length: Jet black, shaggy with sweeping bangs, shoulder-length.
Eye Color, Shape: Icy blue, almond
Skin Color: Lightly tanned
Physique: Tall (5’7”), slender (wiry) (121 lb.).
Prominent Features: Lips, eyes.
Other: Gray-and-black checkerboard-print glasses.
Picture (optional):
Spoiler! :
http://www.morphthing.com/showimage/2/0 ... ovato.jpeg
Try that, but add glasses and bluer eyes?
Personality: She likes to appear tough as nails, as she is on the girls’ football (two-hand-touch style, unfortunately—because of their jerk-wad, sexist Principal; her words); but most of it is pure bluster. She tries to be strong and standoffish, but rarely manages outside of school—where she hardly has any friends, has never had a boyfriend, her parents are always arguing, and her little brother is a know-it-all (which is the least of her problems, but equally as annoying). She likes to read, teen stuff mostly but nothing centered on relationships, but she occasionally picks up older stuff.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Pros: She’s agile on the field and has great stamina; she can eat just about anything (she claims to have an iron stomach); and she is an excellent, calm-in-a-crisis sort of person (she’s good at bottling stuff up). Cons: She isn’t very strong physically, if we’re being honest; she’s afraid of heights; she doesn’t make friends easily; and she wouldn’t make a good leader.
Brief History/Family: After her mother and father got a divorce, she, unfortunately, got stuck with her uptight father. She was pleading to go see her mother but he was quite upset. She finally relented, only to have her mother die in a car crash a few days later. She still feels guilty and does about anything to avoid her family and her old friends. She went on the trip to get away.
Other:
Things you came With: Burlap purse, small (filled with personal items, including a photo of her family and chap-stick). Suit case filled with two sweaters, a jacket, tan cargo pants, chocolate brown Bermuda shorts, a navy blue tank top, a red tank top, and a mottled gray short-sleeved shirt (plus underwear, lots of it); a copy of “The Foundation Trilogy”, a small Bible she takes everywhere, and “Atlas Shrugged”; an iPod and earbuds; a notebook, pencil, eraser, and sharpener; a camera; toiletries; a still-packed poncho; sunglasses; sunscreen.

///

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Annalise Barton
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 14 yrs. old
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Pale golden blonde, loose and wild down her back, to her mid-back.
Eye Color, Shape: Green-hazel, oval.
Skin Color: Pale, freckled.
Physique: Slight, scrawny (118 lb.), about average size (5’4”).
Prominent Features: Eyes, wild hair, smile.
Other:
Picture (optional):
Spoiler! :
http://www.morphthing.com/showimage/2/0 ... -Ward.jpeg
Sorry, it's sort of blurry...
Personality: She's an odd duck and clings to her childhood. She's friendly to a fault, sort of naive, and, well, she's confusing to say the least.
Strengths/Weaknesses: She always has an upbeat attitude. Unfortunately, if you're drowning she might think you're playing a game.
Brief History/Family: Mostly unknown, other than her parents are both therapist workaholics.
Other:
Things you came With: Suitcase, very organized golden faux-alligator skin purse. 1: a boat-necked gray sweatshirt, sleeves cut off, two pairs of denim shorts (pale, torn up and dark wash), several tank tops, a flower-patterned dress, hiking boots, flip flops (and underwear); toiletries; her Diary; a calculator; a book on purebred cats; “Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian” and “Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader”, her iPod Touch. 2. Sunglasses, bug spray, sunscreen, aloe, lip gloss, green eyeliner, eye glitter, a still-packed poncho.

///

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Caden “Caddie” Marks
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 16 yrs. old
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Reddish-tawny blond, darker at roots, lighter at tips, spiked, short.
Eye Color, Shape: Blue-green, oval.
Skin Color: Light-colored, tanned
Physique: Tall (6’3”), leanly muscular.
Prominent Features: Jaw-line, mouth, high cheekbones.
Other:
Picture (optional):
Spoiler! :
http://www.morphthing.com/showimage/2/0 ... ton-K.jpeg
Close as I can get it. Sorry he looks like a blond wearing a phantom shirt. If only Johnny Pacar was on MorphThing!
Personality: Abrupt, rough-‘n’-tumble, and grating are three words that explain him well. He isn’t a people-pleaser and doesn’t pretend to be. He can be nice once he comes to respect you; but if he doesn’t respect you, you’re out of luck. He has a holier-than-thou complex, basically. He does have the redeeming factor of not being too horrible to weaker people, as in not punching them in the face if they tick him off.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Pros: He’s physically strong with good endurance, even if he does tend to breathe like an old smoker. He can be quite charismatic and lead people, even if they are just a bunch of fan-girls that like his muscles. He’s known for being level-headed, if there’s a debate. Cons: He’s a loose canon at times and will jump into a fight for the heck of it. He can get into your business and he won’t leave you alone; then when you want him, he’s nowhere to be found. He’s also creepily stealthy. He has abandonment issues and anger issues, a band combo. He is a little too overbearing, or aloof, to make friends, as well.
Brief History/Family: He was adopted when he was thirteen. After being taken from his drunken mother and her drug-dealing boyfriend at eleven, he ended up in foster care for two years before ending up in the paws of two people who don't know when "selflessness" and "insanity" stop. Or so he thinks. He's still peeved.
Other:
Things You Came With: Suitcase: three pairs of jeans, a pair of khaki shorts, a pair of sweat pants, a pair of cargo pants, lots of plain t-shirts, a pair of amber-colored sunglasses, underwear, toiletries, a sweatshirt, a jacket, a pair of hiking boots and a pair of sneakers. Most of his stuff is pretty ratty. Backpack: sleeping bag, jumbo bottle for water, a few protein bars, a notebook and some pencils, a sketch pad with pastels and colored pencils, a cross, cameo, and Irish four-leafed clover on a chain, pictures of what used to be his family--before his Dad left, Grandfather died, and Mom went nuts (he hasn't been lucky so far). He also has a copy of "The Phantom Public" with him.

///

I also decided to change things up above, since no one seems to want to join with the info I provided...
Last edited by Cspr on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:52 pm
kidashka says...

*claims spot for female/male*

Will post it at the weekend :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:07 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Kaley "Kale" Shalles
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 15
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Long, honey-brown, curly hair with gold highlights and layers
Eye Color, Shape: Almond-shaped, large, green eyes
Skin Color: Olive skin tone
Physique: 5' 8", Muscular, 125 lbs.
Prominent Features: Her arms and legs look extremely toned, and she has small shoulders that counteract her sporty physique.
Picture*: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 18&bih=726
Personality: She can be very outspoken at times and she always speaks her mind, even if it's inappropriate. She's an average student who is considered to have more street smarts than book smarts.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Kaley is physically strong from participating in Lacrosse, Track, Basketball, and Skiing all year long. She is easily admirable for being capable and calm in almost any situation. Unfortunately, she only looks out for her own self-interest and for those closest to her. It is not easy to gain Kaley's trust, but when you do you have it indefinitely.
Brief History/Family*: Kaley's mother passed away a few years before the plane crash, and afterwards her father was devastated. He became addicted to drugs and alcohol while losing his job and then almost losing his house. Kaley works in a law office part time on the weekends doing mundane work such as filing, but it pays the bills. She is used to taking care of herself, as well as her sloppy father and her own household.
Other*: Kaley is totally new to romance, because because of her sporty appearance and hectic schedule. She has also never had a lot of time on her hands before, so she'll be sure to take action and keep busy.
Things You Came With: L.L. Bean Luggage- 3 Sport Tank Tops, 2 Sports Bras, Sweatpants, Sweatshirt, Tennis Balls, 4 Jars of Nutella (a necessary food item at all times), 5 Shorts, Sports Sunglasses, Bugspray, Toiletries, Sunscreen, Large Water Bottle, an old laptop from her mother, and an old iPod Nano.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

180 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:23 am
Cspr says...

Thanks for joining, guys! Once a few more people join up we can start... :)

Reviews: 2
Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:30 pm
MaryRandshain says...

I'll join!
Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Jocelyn (Joss) Xared
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 17
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Long, dirty blonde
Eye Color, Shape: Green eyes, kind of wide, but not bug eyes
Skin Color: Pale with freckles
Physique: 5' 7" slim
Prominent Features: eyes, smile
Other*:
Picture*:
Personality: Kind and shy
Strengths/Weaknesses: Observant, but troubles with expressing herself
Brief History/Family*: Abused by father ranaway with mother and younger brother at age 14
Other*:
Things You Came With:

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Francis Xared
Age (14-18 yrs. [unless he/she is brilliant or dense]): 14
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Reddish brown, medium lenght, messy
Eye Color, Shape: green eyes
Skin Color: pale
Physique: slim and tall 5' 10"
Prominent Features: wild hair, large ears
Other*:
Picture*:
Personality: smart and sometimes cocky
Strengths/Weaknesses: rarely thinks before speaking, insightful, good code-breaker
Brief History/Family*: parents divorced at age 11, after lots of fighting and drugs, and stuff 11 year old oughtn't be familiar with
Other*:
Things You Came With:
for those in need of a co-writer
page.php?id=845
Peace Out!

180 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:51 am
Cspr says...

((Awesome. Thanks for joining! Just a few more people... Speaking of which, I need to edit the first page...))

180 Reviews

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm
Cspr says...

((I have decided that the plane landed on the water, so anyone who could get out, got out and drifted to shore--holding onto seat cushions and stuff. And since it's such a small plane, it will wash up eventually--or, at least, the tide will drag back down and your character can get their things. That means that there will be less for your characters to do with or have, but, yeah--you'll have it back eventually.

Basically, this is just a ploy for the RP to start. Yeah...))

180 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:56 pm
Cspr says...

((...And the above means you can start whenever you want and people can thusly join until the cast is set...))

180 Reviews

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:03 pm
Cspr says...

((I'm thinking this is going to fail...hmmm...well, I'll start and see how things go, I suppose.))

Miranda DeRossi--Beach--Day

I didn't remember much of the crash. I remembered the lightning--striking the plane's wing and sending us into a spiral amongst the dark gray clouds. (How had we been allowed to fly through a storm?) I remembered screaming and yelling and a giant yellow thing being inflated. I remember oxygen masks and putting on a life vest.
Then I remembered choking water, choking salty water, and a tide trying to rip me out to sea.
I wasn't exactly sure how I had managed to end up in sand, with water lapping at my sneakers, or how I'd banged my head.
All I knew was that I was pretty sure I was dead. Whether dying or going to die was an interesting question, but from how my vision was so blurred and from how everything hurt, it seemed possible.
Maybe it also had to do with being tossed onto a rough, sandy beach and being in the sun for God knows how long, though.
The weird thing was, I didn't even have it in me to cry. Or get up. Or do anything.
Of course, the first was probably because of all the years spent hiking with my Dad, all the survival stuff he'd passed on.
Thank goodness for that.

I open my eyes in a flash, realizing I've started to drift off again, and try to force myself to stand up. The immediate stabbing pain coming from my wrist forces out a scream and I'm back on my back.
Lovely.
And now I know my right arm is useless, for some reason I don't feel like looking at right now.

Why me?

((Now, somebody--continue or join and continue, if you would. *is upset about having to beg* And here I thought this was a cool idea... *shrugs*))

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:30 am
TabbyGirl says...

Hi, Cspr... I've never done this storybooking thing before, but it sounds really fun! Please excuse if I seem like a total novice...

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Zhabia "Zabi" Eswara

Hair Color, Style, and Length: black, straight, and about half way to her waist

Eye Color, Shape: dark brown, pretty much average shape.

Skin Color: medium brown

Physique: skinny, not much muscles.

Prominent Features: she has a prominent nose, and she's pretty tall (5' 9")

Other*: Zabi is of Indian decent, (her parents are first generation immigrants to the United States) and she wears glasses.

Picture*: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3058/awva.png (maybe a bit older looking then the girl in this picture though... sorry it's blurry)

Personality: Zabi is a clever girl, and proud of it. Although she is confident and outgoing around her friends, Zabi is very quiet around most people. Most people think she's weird… and not in a good way. She is quite kind when you get to know her

Strengths/Weaknesses: Zabi has good grades in all her classes, but it's math that she does best in. She’s a good problem solver, as well, although she’s very shy, and people hardly ever see the good things in her because she’s so quiet. She also has a weakness for attractive men (none of which she’s ever had the nerve to talk to, let alone go out with), but what teenage girl doesn’t?

Brief History/Family*: She grew up with strict parents who accepted nothing but the best grade wise. She despises them, especially her dad. She’s the oldest child in her family, with a sister one year younger then her who seems not to screw up nearly as much as she does in their parent’s eyes.

Other*: Zabi moved to California from Louisiana a year ago, when she was a freshman. Now she’s a sophomore, and only has a few close friends at her new high school.

Things You Came With: Large duffle bag containing a few outfits: a pair of long jeans and a couple pairs of jean shorts, a purple skirt, some graphic t-shirts, a white tank top and a black tank-top, a light jacket, a short cut dress, a bathing suit (two piece tankini), a pair of flip-flops, and plenty of socks and underwear. She also brought her purple ipod nano (with headphones), a book of Sudoku, sunglasses, a bit of makeup, hairspray, her camcorder and toiletries.

I hope this isn’t, like, too typical or something… this whole Island of Despair thing sounds pretty cool

--
Tabby

180 Reviews

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:55 am
Cspr says...

((Okay, awesome! Now after showering and trying to find as many prompts as possible to motivate me to write, I am back. You may respond to Miranda above, or somehow work in Caddie (who is a dude) or my other girl, whose name I am randomly forgetting...into the storybook. Yeah. And I may have just ate some candy and feel like bouncing in my seat. Please excuse me if this is obvious. And, once again, don't worry. I'm not that serious. (Obviously. :) ) ))

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:05 am
TabbyGirl says...

(Awe :( don't be sad Cspr! This is a cool idea and I'll respond right now)

Zhabia Eswara

I have many bizarre dreams. Dreams like, say, being the youngest person to win American Idol when I know full well that I can't sing. Dreams, such as my science teacher Miss Herrera, who is one of the sweetest women in California, threatening to push me off the top of my high school. Dreams... good dreams, bad dreams, and for almost every one I have I wake up, and for just a moment I think that the entire dream really happened.

But not this time.

This time I knew it was a dream. Plane crashes? Washing up on islands? These are things that only happen in dreams. And, of course, in movies.

This time it was completely backwards. This time, I thought for one sweet relieved moment, it was just a dream, before I opened my eyes, and realized it was all too real.

I sat up on the sandy shore. My clothes were still damp with saltwater, but I'd been lying in the sun for a while, so I wasn't exactly drenched. I did a quick self exam, and discovered that, besides a throbbing headache that came in (no pun intended) waves, I was alright.

I looked around, and saw, just a few feet away another person laying in the sand...

(It can be whoever :))
Last edited by TabbyGirl on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

180 Reviews

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:42 pm
Cspr says...

((Cool. Ha ha. And sorry for actually disappearing last night. I blame this--> "Mom: No, you get ready for bed now!" <--Or something like that. Anyway, I'm back on for now...not sure if you are...yeah...probably not...))

Miranda DeRossi--Beach

I coughed, lucky to not have seawater pouring out, I suppose, and leaned onto my left side, before propping myself up. All I could see was water--dark brown, murky water--and sand. I glanced left to see nothing but tide pools, then glanced right.
I immediately blinked in surprise. Beside me was another person--well, beside in about fifteen feet away. "Hey, are you all right?" I tried to yell, but it came out as a hoarse whisper. Great. I guess that meant I'd have to get up, which I'm really sure wasn't good in these sort of situations...
You know, unless she could hear me and I was just paranoid.

Caden "Caddie" Marks--Tide Pools

Once again, my bad luck does everything but kill me. I can only shiver at the thought as my gaze sweeps the clearing, the dark rock, wet sand, pools. And, of course, the small puddle right beside my head. One half inch to the right and I'd have probably drowned. And, yeah, I was questioning if I was the reason for the crash.
Honestly, I didn't know when I'd become so arrogant.
I let out a weak laugh before I realize I probably would seem insane, then sort through what the heck had happened. I draw up blanks.
Great...

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:43 pm
Winchester says...

Name (First/Last, or First/Middle/Last—nicknames allowed in quotes): Frankie Aribella Hues
Hair Color, Style, and Length: Black, lose curls, few inches past shoulders
Eye Color, Shape: Hazel/Brown...Oval
Skin Color: Pale
Physique: Petit, thin
Prominent Features: Has a scar down her back

Other*:
Picture*:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Frankie is naturaly a bubbly person, she is trained to be a fighter but she just wants to be a performer, singer to be speific.
But she can get angry, all she has to do is look at someone to scare them, she has a sharp, sarcastic attitude.
Strengths/Weaknesses: She can calm people down, she can make anyone laugh, and like I said, shes a trained fighter.
She is scared to take risks, shes claustrophobic.
Brief History/Family*: Her dads a boxer, and her mum died...other than that it's a normal life.
Other*:
Things You Came With: tent, umberella, Ipod, camera.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles