z

Young Writers Society

In The Country of Meldora (Started, Accepting. 3 spots)

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:51 pm
View Likes
Mazzi says...

Jack

Getting my survival sack I kissed my mother goodbye and gave a quick wave just before I went out of my door. She waved back and I saw on her face that she was still worried about me travelling out.

After all I've been through, climbing up a beanstalk, stealing from a giant, 3 times, and later bringing that same giant to his death. All in 3 years and before I turned 15. Impressive I think.

I close the door behind me and walked up my long front garden. Taking the last look I'll have at the house for a week. I went over to the stables and saddled up on my closest friend and companion, my horse Kadium. I comforted him and was about to set forward, when I saw a blinding light and before my vision returned I could hear "your closest companion, really?" I recognized the voice and smiled. It was Xylia, my fairy guardian, she was reading my thoughts again. I gave her a wink and replied "OK, your both my closest friends and companions."
"Are you coming?" I asked, she nodded and I rode into the forest to look for some adventure and maybe, I might actually find love. HaHa! I doubt it. Laughing out loud to myself I rode further into the forest.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:43 am
Alz says...

Queen Mae

Letting Stefan and Davis go was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. They were still in a state of shock, but then, we all were. Eric was firm, there was no turning back now. He had even gone so far as to arrange for the baker and his wife to go with the boys.

I took the wife aside to speak with her a moment. Cecilia, I think her name is. She looked very flustered, not that I could blame her. She couldn’t have known about it much longer than I had. The one hour’s notice was rather ridiculous, if you ask me.

“Your name is Cecilia, isn’t it?” Cecilia nodded. I tried my best to look pleasant, but I must not have been very successful, from the look on her face. She must have been furious with the entire royal family - being forced to give up her life, just like that. And the fact that I was bold enough to approach her, well, that must have seemed completely absurd to her.

“I must apologize for my husband’s behaviour. He had not told even I about this before this evening. But I must ask you this one thing: please watch over my sons. I don’t know what I would do without them, and the King would be heartbroken if he sent them to their deaths.” My mouth went dry. I had put it into words; the one thing that I was truly afraid of.

“I will do what I can for your children.” Cecilia said, not looking me in the eye. Then she walked off without another word.

Thank you. I will never forget everything that you have given up for my family, and the still greater tasks ahead of you. And I meant it. When she returned, I would do everything in my power to see that she and her husband were rewarded.
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon. - Robert Cormier

Check out my blog at http://missalliesadventures.blogspot.com

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 pm
JabberHut says...

King Eric

"Aha! My good baker! Good to see you!"

The baker bowed. The wife did as well, though it was more abrupt. She looked more displeased to be here than the husband. Queen Mae kept walking past her husband 'til she found Stefan preparing his horse for the trip.

"The boys are about ready to leave," the king told the bakers. "The young one will hopefully be here--"

"Excuse me, your majesty," the baker's wife suddenly said. "What is wrong with your children that you have to send us to babysit them. Any good king will have prepared their young princes to take care of themselves as well as anyone else they travel with. We shouldn't have to do your dirty work for you--"

"Baker, control your wife!" roared the king. The baker's wife stopped talking anyway, but the baker put his hand on her shoulder nonetheless. The king didn't say anything for the longest time. In fact, the young Prince Davis was finally showing up to the party, running wildly across the yards toward the stable. He stopped to bow to his father, pecked his mother on the cheek, and started loading his already-saddled horse.

The king finally broke the awkward silence, turning to his sons. "This better not be the last time I see you two." His voice was quiet. Heavy, but quiet. Stefan stood motionless with his hand on his horse's neck. Davis was still fidgeting around his pack 'til he was ready. "I don't regret my decision though. Good day, boys."

With that, the king spun on his heel and left. Queen Mae hugged each of his boys, silent tears appearing in her eyes. Never has the queen openly cried before, but she couldn't help it this time.

Prince Stefan

There was nothing he could do, Stefan decided. As soon as his mother left, he told the baker, "We'll be out front in a moment, if you wish to prepare your ride--"

"Thank you, your highness," the baker's wife said rather quickly. She led her husband away from the stables.

This was probably the first quiet moment he had with his brother in a long time. It was an awkward silence, which didn't sway Stefan or Davis. It was sad how they seemed comfortable with it, that it was more awkward to say anything.

"Do you need help--"

"I got it," Davis replied stiffly. He finished strapping his bag onto the saddle, then jumped onto the horse's back as if proving that he could handle himself. "Let's go."

Davis rode off, leaving Stefan alone in the stables. Oddly enough, Stefan couldn't help but smile a small one, patting his horse. "We'll be fine, wouldn't you agree?" The horse's lack of response didn't bother Stefan. "Yes, we'll be fine." He loaded himself onto Meadow and cantered after his brother.
I make my own policies.

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100