z

Young Writers Society

Camp Creativity [Accepting]

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:02 am
Apple says...

>This SB is run by Apple and Dragonet. So, all questions can either go to her or me. You choose! :D

Congratulations!!

You’re one of the lucky contestants to have won the chance to enter the week long, Blue Suzuki Summer camp. After witnessing your breath taking audition, I feel privileged to have the chance to watch your artistic – whether that be dancing, writing, singing or painting - talent grow over the time spent at the summer camp.

Joining with you is a group of bright eyed, bushy tailed individuals that also share the same dream as you. You’ll revel through activities such as climbing the largest mountain on the remote island and writing your name at the highest point all the while gaining knowledge and experience in your artistic talent for future endeavours.

This is a great experience to make friends and learn more about your passion and with talent such as yours it surely should not be wasted. I hope to see you at Blue Suzuki Summer camp and let your talent shine!

Head Coordinator
Suzy Lue

Plot Overview:As you may have guessed, this SB is about a camp for extra talented people whether that be in singing, painting/sketching, writing, instruments, and/or dancing. This will be a week-long camp (from Monday to Saturday). I want to stress that the SB is not a week in length. When either Dragonet or I decide that the day should end, either of us will announce that it's the next day, and post the schedule for the following day.

Monday's Schedule:

Spoiler! :
8:00- Breakfast
9:30- Zip-line
10:30- Writing Class
11:45- Lunch
12:30- Canoe Working (Preparing Canoes for Canoe Races on Wednesday. Cleaning, painting, etc.)
2:30- Acting/making up a skit to preform in front of everyone tonight.
3:00- Free time= swimming, basket ball, cabin clean-up, snack-shack is open, library is open, black banana (aka giant water slip-and-slide)
5:00- Paint-ball gun fight!
7:00- Supper.
8:00- Camp fire singalong/ preform skit

Profile Templates:

Spoiler! :
Name:
Appearance: (Picture and written)
Personality:
Talents/Weaknesses:
Packing: (what is your character bringing?)
Theme Song: (optional)
Up for love:
Other:

Rules~
-Regular YWS rules apply
-No god-modding
-No/Mild/Some cursing permitted
-No sex scenes

Side Note: This is the bus you will be taken to camp in. And another little side note. DT thread here.

Spoiler! :

Enjoy! And remember to be creative!

Spoiler! :
Boys~
fictionfantic~Beau Marconi
Apple~ Slade Ludwig
Cspr~ Louis "Cujo" Savidge
Dragonet~ Braison Williams
AREOSMITH~ Mason Desi

Girls~
Iiscraftywriter~Bliss Lotion
Fictionfantic~Cole Whitman
Missunderstood~ Minjonet Vidal
Dragonet~ Cammy Williams
AREOSMITH~ Isodore Desi
LadyDreadth - Caris Haven
Last edited by Apple on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
I spy!

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:15 am
Moo says...

Spot saved for a male painter. :)
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:20 pm
fictionfanatic says...

That's one cool bus. Hahaha. Can I have two characters? If so, I would like a male actor and a female singer. Will post later today :)

P.S
Love this SB <3
Live, Love, Laugh

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:38 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

I've been really busy lately, but I might be able to do this.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:04 pm
LaceyDreadth says...

I would like to reserve a spot for a female writer, if that's okay.
"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."
-James Dickey

"It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
-Dave Barry

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:41 pm
Sunshine says...

Will make more charecters if you need it!

Name: Bliss Lotin
Appearance: (Picture and written) ARGH can't get pic! Bliss is a Strawberry-blond with freckles across her nose. Her hair is dead-straight just an inch behond her shoulders. No bangs. Green-gray eyes. She's 5'5. Green reading glasses.
Personality: Bliss is shy and slightly reclusive. Unless you get her laughing. She's super smiley and loves to lose herself in her work. Very creative and clever.
Talents/Weaknesses: She's a painter/ sketcher. If you can make her laugh she will probaly like you which can get her in trouble sometimes. She's clutzy and can't really sing or dance.
Packing: (what is your character bringing?) Her sketch pad and pencils. The bracelet with little butterflies on it that her mom gave her. Her paints and her journal.
Theme Song: (optional)The breathe you take by George Straight
Up for love: If the right guy comes along.
Other:
Last edited by Sunshine on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

17 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:00 pm

I think I can join this, but I might have to drop out if I can't keep up. I just have to wait for Apple to approve (or reject) my character, then I'll post my profile. If she doesn't approve it, I'll just make a different one. This is a really good idea!
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:23 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Cole Whitman

Appearance: Cole is a petite girl. She weighs about 120 pounds and is five feet and two inches. But she's really strong. She has a rather small figure and short hair. Her hair used to be just plain black, but she put pinik streaks in it. She has emerald green eyes, that she usually has pink eyeshadow and eyeliner around. She has a necklace that her brother gave her, she never takes it off.
Spoiler! :
Her necklace...

Personality: Cole loves to have fun. She's a little on the dangerous side and she loves adventure. She's into woman's rights and speaking your mind. She may be small, but she can fight (she has four brothers). If you get her mad or insult her, she won't hesitate to attack you. But overall she's really nice and fun to be around.

Talents/Weaknesses: Talents-She's a singer and is okay at playing the electric guitar.
Weaknesses-She's a little to much on the dangerous side. She also gets offended pretty easily.

Packing: She bringing her sparkly purple guitar, her necklace, seven sets of clothes, a few sets of pajamas, black combat boots, her pruple high tops high tops, bathing suit, and her pocket knife.

Up for love: Sure

Other: Her brother, the one he gave her the necklace, died in a car accident two years ago. He gave her the necklace two days before for her birthday. She hasn't taken off since.

Name: Beau Marconi (pronounced Bo Mar-cone-ee)

Appearance: Beau is six foot one, has brown hair, and has deep green eyes.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Beau is kind of shy. He normally doesn't hang out with people who are to crazy, but with the people he likes to hang out with he's is really funny. He usually can just take one look at people and figure out if he will like them or not.

Talents/Weaknesses: Talents-He is an actor and a bit of a singer, so he does musicals as well as plays. He's also a scriptwriter.
Weaknesses-He is a little shy.

Packing: His journal, which he writes his plays in. He's bringing seven sets of clothes, four sets of clothes to sleep in, swim trunks, his father's dogtags, and his favorite book.

Up for love: Sure

Other: He's worn his father's dogtags for four years, ever since hid dad died in war. His father always encouraged him to do plays and do what he wanted, so when Beau does them he has a lot of passion in them, because he's doing it for his father.
Live, Love, Laugh

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:27 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Can I reserve a spot for a female muscian?
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:51 pm
Apple says...

Heck, everything looks great to me! You all look like a fine group of Sbers. Lacey and Retro, thats fine. You can reserve those. You don't have to ask, just do anything! Even burn down the whole thing, it's up to you! (But,seriously, don't burn down the whole thing).

I'll have my profile up as soon as possible. Seems like there is a lot of chicks so I'll make a dude! Weeee.... :D

EDIT: My profile! (Everybody fan squeal!)

Name:Slade Ludwig

Appearance: Slade has dirty blonde hair that falls across his face in a messy mop. His ice blue eyes are often commented on for the way they peirce through you. He stands pretty tall (above average height) with a swimmer's build. He's not afraid to flaunt his stuff when he has to, so be prepared. Slade has a chiselled jaw that draws the youth out of him. His lips are rather long though not intimdatingly. In all sense and purposes, Slade is good looking and he knows it.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Slade is an obbsessive compulsive kind of guy. He likes everything to be symmetrical. If they're not, he will have a panic attack and give everyone in a five meter radius a massive heart attack. He can be sympathetic at times though he doesn't like to show emotion around everyone as he believes he is number one: the best! Slade in a few words is up himself. He knows it, the whole world knows it, even the ants in the ground know it. In whatever he does, he'll make sure that he is the biggest and the best. For example, if people started writing their name on a peice of paper, he would make his name bigger then the sheet of paper. Slade is also a hopeless romantic! In fact, he has over one hundred pick up lines and not one has ever work in his favour as he always manages to point out the flaw in the girl.
('One of your eyebrows is more wayward then the other!')

Talents/Weaknesses: Slade's talent is music. He can sing, mind you: not greatly, but his violin playing is extraordinary. He could place a baby to sleep and make even the most hardest man cry. His parents knew that he was worthless at everything else and decided that he should invest in a music career. His school work is pretty shotty and Slade and hard work just do not match. He is always blinded by his obbsessive compulsive order and this destroys a lot of oppurtunities for him. Manual labour for example.

Packing: Slade will be bringing violin, as this is his talent. He doesn't need much else but clothing and his music lines, though he also brang his wristband but that's like a necessity to him. Ooooh and I almost forgot, Slade also brang a flyer from Tokyo airport. He takes it everywhere with him, it's weird, but he does.

Theme Song: I Never Wanted to Dance - Mindless Self

Up for love: Yep, he sure is!

Other: Slade didn't want to come to the camp as he thought it was a horrible way to spend your summer. In fact it was his mother he forced him to audition. Even though he was trying to fail at it, he managed to get in with flying colours.
I spy!

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:44 pm
Cspr says...

Name: Louis "Cujo" Savidge

16 yrs. old

Appearance: (Picture and written)
(Um, I have a few drawings...but I lost one and I have no idea how to post them here. Sorry. I'll figure it out sooner or later... I hope that's okay. I'll just be as descriptive as a bloody Twilight novel!)
Tall (6'5") and broad-shouldered, but wiry and lean--rather cat-like, despite his height. He has black, short but shaggy hair that stands up rather crazily in the back, quick-silver/French-gray eyes, and more-golden-than-russet dark tanned skin. He has a pinkish-white scar that runs from the corner of his right eye, to two inches from his jaw. He is rather square-faced, but has a strong, triangular jaw line. However, is eyes are a little sunken and his skin is a little more sallow than healthy, giving him a slightly sickly appearance. He also has a bum leg, also on his right side, and has to limp a little.

Personality:
Independent, harsh, won't-take-no-for-an-answer, hates senseless "hand-outs" (he didn't want to come here in the first place, but his Aunt signed him up), will protect weaker people (but will smash up a bully), generally on-edge and known to be spontaneously mad. He also has a habit of ignoring or pushing away people, even if they're being nice--resulting in him most often being seen as the bad guy. Anti-hero and rough-around-the-edges both describe him rather well. Oh, and let's not forget his habit of "mind-freaking" with people. Don't let him drag you into the webs of lies he likes to whip up; to punk you.

Talents/Weaknesses:
He's a fair artist, good with pencil and inked drawings (going into freakish amount of detail in some), and he likes modern art. He's also pretty good at writing, but he doesn't like to. He has the weakness of OCD; which, as far as being an artist or writer goes, is pretty horrible.

Packing: (what is your character bringing?)
His sketch pad, a few pieces of thick paper, water colored pencils, normal pencil kit, a few t-shirts, his favorite hoodie, toiletries, a torn-up pair of jeans, his sweatpants, a small, bronze cross, and Stephen King's "Pet Sematary". He isn't too fond of clothes shopping. Or really doing much.

Theme Song: (optional)

Up for love: Depends...especially on if he actually likes you. He's rather fast to judge, after all. And...he hasn't dated. Ever. Good luck with that.

Other: He's tried to play just about every sort of musical instrument (okay, so he tried the piano and maybe a guitar) and sing--he's pretty sure he fails at it all, seriously. He sounds like a dying frog (in his opinion).
My SPD senses are tingling.

17 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:15 am

Name: Minjonet Vidal (French)

Appearance: I know things are different between the description and the picture, but please follow the description on the differences.
Spoiler! :
Just ignore all the unnecessary numbers and that stuff. The nose ring as well.

She is small, petite, and thin. She has bright blue eyes and long darkish brown hair, with side bangs (just a bit darker than in the picture). She has no piercings! Her nails are always...different, sometimes blue sometimes red sometimes sparkly sometimes zebra-stripes (you get what I mean) and they are real, though I know it doesn't look like it in the picture. Her teeth are straight and very white but her two front teeth are slightly larger.

Personality: She is a bit shy, enough that she doesn't like to talk to people much, but not quite so much that she shies away from others. She is hardworking, smart, and concentrates hard on what she has to do. She never gives up. She is always up for helping, but gets irritated when others mess around. She is very clumsy yet precise, and kind of alone. Of course, she doesn't mind that at all! She always seems to be happy.

Strengths: She is very hardworking and sweet. She is also amazingly talented. She learned to play the piano when she was 7, then flute and violin. She did dance, vocal lessons, wrote many works and much much more. She is a true protege! She is also very smart and precise.

Weaknesses: She is very clumsy, gets irritated easily, doesn't speak up for herself, works a lot but doesn't relax much, she also has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder so if she gets nervous its probably because something is crooked or messed up), and isn't good at expressing herself. She comes off as weird, and she needs a good friend who understands her (or at least tries to).

Packing: Her notebook with many different colored pens and lots of pencils, comfortable but completely unfashionable clothes, nice/fancy clothes, and athletic clothes, some hats and hair accessories, her very important glasses along with contacts (which she wears really depends), and her laptop!

Up for love: maybe, sort of

Other: She's French. She is not there for the reasons of others. She is there to study the arts. Of course, she is very talented in them herself, but as mentioned she is also studious. She might seem a bit confusing, but I'm just very descriptive. You'll get used to her.
---

I'm still getting used to YWS, so PLEASE tell me if you have questions or I do something wrong or anything like that. I was very detailed and precise for that reason.

Ooh! Je ne peux pas attendre pour commencer!
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:30 am
Dragonet says...

Name: Braison Williams (goes sometimes as Braise)

Appearance: Dirty blond hair that almost looks brown. Brown eyes. 5'8. He has a little bit of "fuz" on the sides of his chin. He likes to wear his big head phones, and he is always, always carrying around a guitar.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Braise is more of a keep-to-himself, quiet person. He loves nature; it's quiet and peaceful, like him. He's really a nice guy, and doesn't like to disappoint others. Braise is always calm and compassionate.

Talents/Weaknesses: Braise is an amazing singer and guitar player, and he loves writing- songs or novels. But, surprisingly, the guitar is the only instrument that he can play, he sucks at everything else. He has attention issues; he gets distracted by everything.

Packing: His head phones and his guitar. And clothes, of course X)

Theme Song: Hero, by Sterling Knight. --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjfKU7HRWuk

Up for love: Yep

Other: He knows sign-language.This is his first year at camp.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Name: Kammy Williams (her real name is Cameron, but no one calls her that unless they want to suffer the consequences)

Appearance: Kammy has brown hair and brown eyes. She's 5'5. She's always wearing bright, funky, T-shirts, and jeans with marker scribbles.
Spoiler! :

Personality:
Kammy and her brother(aka Braison) are opposites. She is fun, spunky, bright, and random. Sometimes she acts younger then her age, as she loves messing around. At times she can be kinda a show-off and she likes to stand out. She's almost always smiling.

Talents/Weaknesses: Kammy is really creative and her passion is art; look at any of her possesions and you'll most likely see some kind of her art on there. She's very talented at dance (like hip-hop and jazz, not ballet) and she usually draws attention from boys by using those talented hips :wink: .
Isn't very strong. Like her brother, she has attention issues. She's easily distracted by everything, and hates siting still and just listening to people. Her brother and her used to pass notes in class (they're so close in age that they managed to both be in the same grade), but when the teacher continued to catch them, they decided to learn sign-language.

Packing: Her denim book bag that she always carries with her. It contains a note book for writing, a note book for music, and a note book for sketches. And it has a collection of sharpie markers and pencils. Also, her favorite candy, skittles. Plus a bunch of other nic-nacs. Her friends call it the magic bag because it always seems to have whatever she needs.
This is a picture of what the bag kinda looks like, except it has a bunch of paint splashes and marker scribbles on it.
Spoiler! :

Three pair of converse
Spoiler! :

And clothes and toiletries.

Theme song: Introducing Me, by Nick Jonas. It's fun and random, like her. --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt11Lg4MJ9I
and/or Sneaker Night Vanessa Hudgens --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRqOjhNN4hQ

Up for love: Yep

Other: Braison is her brother. They both know sign-language. This is her second year at camp, though only Braison's first; she finally convinced him to go with her this year.
Last edited by Dragonet on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:55 am, edited 11 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:36 am
AEROSMITH says...

Name: Mason Desi

Appearance: Mason has naturally tan skin. His eyes are a deep, chocolate brown. He has long brown hair that goes maybe three inches past his shoulders, which he usually ties up in a ponytail. He's pretty muscular and he is six feet tall. He usually wears black shirts and ripped up jeans. And he normally has like ten hair ties on his wrist. He also has a large scar along his right arm and faintly on his right cheek.
Spoiler! :
ImageThis but a little less...angry and more muscular

Personality: Mason is really into trying to remember everything around him (because of his past, which I will tell you at the end of this profile). He doesn't normally talk to much, mostly listens. He's a very understanding persom

Talents/Weaknesses: Talent-Mason is an amazing hiphop dancer. He can dance most of all the other kinds of dance too, but he prefers hiphop and he's also best at it. He's also an amazing dance choreographer.
Weaknesses-Once he starts it, for some reason he always has to finish it no matter what it is. As much as he hates it, he gets attached to people pretty easily.

Packing: His ipod, his radio, seven sets of clothes (black shirts and ripped jeans), three pants and shirts to sleep in, his sketch pad (to choreograph his dances), three pairs of sneakers, swim trunks, hair ties and plenty of them.

Up for love: Yeah

Other: When he was eight he was playing football with his friends. The ball went into the street. He ran out into the street to go and get it and he got hit by a car. He wasn't to badly hurt. He only got a broken leg and a badly scratched up arm and face. He doesn't really remeber the accident, nor much of anything before it. Only things that he's been told by his friends and family.

Name: Isodore Desi (Mason's adopted sister)

Appearance: Isodore is a thin but curvy girl with beautiful brown skin and warm brow eyes. Her dark brown hair reaches just below her shoulders in natural curls. She's about five feet four inches
Spoiler! :

Personality: Isodore is a warm, always happy girl. She's very graceful. She has a big heart and is very compassionate. She loves everyone and everything in the world. She likes to be around people, but people that she knows and is close to. She's also not a big fan of large crowds.

Talents/Weaknesses:Talents-Isodore is a dancer as well as her brother, but she is more into ballet and modern dance. She is also a dance choreographer like Mason.
Weaknesses-She loves everyone and everything, and she freaks out when she's in the middle of a big crowd (she's fine on stage and stuff, she just can't be in the middle of it all), and she has some anxiety issues.

Packing: Seven sets of clothes, four sets of pajamas, sketch pad and pencils, two dance outfits, her ballet shoes, sneakers, her make up, her ipod, her radio

Up for love: Yeah

Other: She was adopted by her parents and Mason when she was four years old. She doesn't know where she's from exactly. But never in her life has she wished to find her real parents. She loves the family she has :)
Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:37 am
AEROSMITH says...

Can we start? Because we have like, ten characters now.
Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning