z

Young Writers Society

Demigods: Quest *invite only*

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:50 pm
Dragonet says...

This is a sequel to the 'Demigods: Camp' storybook. Don't join this unless you were chosen to be on the quest.

The Prophecy

Eighteen years ago, Rachel spoke her first prophecy--the next great prophecy.

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call.
To storm or fire, the world must fall.
An oath to keep with the final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, she's repeated it, but this time she included who was going. Those seven people will have to answer the call, and save the world.

Plot

You get a call from Olympus, saying that Zeus wants to have a meeting with you. There's yet another war going on between the gods, and he needs your help (ps. as you may, or may not know, Zeus is never one to admit that he's wrong or that he needs a hero's help. So I'll just tell you now that it was really his wife, Hera, that made the distress call).

The problem is that Persephone, Demeter's daughter, has gone missing. And you know how protective Demeter is about her daughter. So, naturally, she caused all of the plants to die. But instead of making it unnaturally cold like last time, she just killed them in the middle of the summer, she sucked all of the life and water out of them. And what happens when all of the plants are dry and moisture-less, plus the heat of summer? That's right, fire, lots and lots of fire. Now, try to imagine what it would be like if the whole dang world didn't have any moisture. What would we call that? Bad. Really bad.

Of course Demeter blames Hades, although Hades insists that he doesn't have her. No one believes him.

On top of all of this, Demeter has stolen Zeus's Rain Sphere so that he can't put out the fire. (Note: Because the Rain Sphere is stolen there can be no rain. There can still be winds and thunder and lightning, but no rain. {Kinda like in the movie, the way Zeus doesn't have any lightning in the thunder storm because the lightning bolt was stolen} )

This is kinda what the Rain Sphere looks like:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

So now we have ourselves a nice little three-way war. Demeter is mad at Hades for stealing Persephone; Zeus is mad at Demeter for stealing the Rain Sphere; and Hades is mad for being blamed, thus he is offended.
But remember, things aren't always what they seem. :wink:

Profile (Don't just post your old profile, I added some new slots to fill out)

Spoiler! :
Name:
Parents: (Mortal and god)
Appearance: (Picture and written)
Personalities:
Other Personalities: (Likes, Dislikes, Strengths and Weaknesses)
Feelings: (How do they feel about going on the quest?)
Taking: (What are they taking with them? And include what their magical item is. If they don't have one yet, they should get one before they leave/during the quest)
Up for love:
Other:

Rules
Spoiler! :
1. Romance is ok, but no sex please.
2. All YWS rules
3. Yes, you can cuss, but don't make it a second language
4. When we're out there fighting monsters, lets not make ourselves invincible, shall we? That includes you three *looks at Regan, Jack, and Lexi*

PS. We'll keep descusion about this SB in this DT --> topic71223.html
Last edited by Dragonet on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:12 am
Sunshine says...

Little confused about the whole two SB's thing but I guess I'll post here.

Spirit Jones
Parents: (Mortal and god) Hermes and Stephanie Jones.
Appearance: (Picture and written)(Can't get pic) Long pale blond hair down to her waist. Small dainty nose with freckles dotted across it. Michevious sky blue eyes. She has big ears, which she hates. Tan.
Spoiler! :
http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php

Personalities: She's fairly easy-going with a hundred watt smile. Sometimes you'll find her dancing on a street corner, because she felt like it. She's freespirited and kinda naive. Sometimes she's a bit moody. Very lovable.
Other Personalities: (Likes, Dislikes, Strengths and Weaknesses)
Likes: Sunshine, tricks, mail, and her sister. Dagger fighting.
Dislikes:Cold. Monsters.
Strengths: Clever (corse), can't make enemies
Weaknesses: Is not the best with weapons
Feelings: Mostly happy but is worried about Luna back at camp. She wants to go but is confused. Very mixed feelings.
Taking with her: The necklace her dad gave her. The Hermes trick book and a small dagger.
Up for love: Interesting question. She's really confused especially after what happened with Desert. But, possibly.
Other: Is not the biggest fan of Reagan. Wants to meet more gods or godesses. She wants to meet her dad.
Last edited by Sunshine on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:58 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Name: Jack Hunt

Parents: God: Ares
Mortal: Soldier named Alice Hunt

Anywho, Jack looks pretty much like that just with not as much emphasis on perfect hair and all that. He always wears sleeveless shirts, even going so far as to rip the sleeves off if he needs to. He likes to wear dark-red shirts and blue jeans. He has pretty big arms and legs from all the strength training he does.

Personalities: Jack has a bit of an anger problem, but is very loyal to his friends. In order to be his friend, he usually will need to be iompressed by a show of skill of some sort, otherwise he won't even notice. He trains almost constantly on his free time, so he can usually be found in the training centre wailing on dummies or something.

Other Personalities: Strengths: Fighting skill. Especially in hand to hand combat. He is strong and fast.
Weaknesses: Overconfidence. He has a tendancy to taunt his opponents and that leads to him being beaten in training. He also picks fights far too often due to anger troubles.

Brief history: Jack has been at camp for 3 years. His mother is usually out on tours of duty so he doesn't get to see her often. In fact, he is pretty much a year rounder. He went home only once during the school year because she happened to be home during that time. He wants to impress Ares with the skills he has acquired.

Up for love: Sure, why not?

Feelings: This is a dream come true for Jack. He finally gets to go on a quest to prove his worth to Ares, and he is with both Lexie and Regan, his two fighting partners. He feels that they will be the unstoppable team to solve THE quest of quests.

Taking: Celestial Steel knuckles. Allows him to fight and kill mythical creatures with his fists. His armor is very minimal to ensure maximum manueverability. I believe, along with everyone else, he has some human money and dracmas (god currency, forget how to spell it)
Last edited by TheGreatIthy on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:26 am
ScarlettFire says...

Name: Cassandra Miller.

Parents: Hades and mortal mother, Allison Miller.

Appearance: Cassie is tall, about 5’6 in height. She's slim and athletic with long, black hair and pale blue eyes. She's naturally pale and always seems to be smirking. She also has a set of scratches across her left shoulder blade that she received on her way to camp. Cassie is usually seen wearing dark clothing. She always has a necklace on (the one her mother gave her).

Personalities: Cassie seems cold-hearted, fiery, strong-willed, distant and determined, and is sometimes a force to be reckoned with. She can be very stubborn and snarky on occasion, but prefers to keep to herself.. As a child, she was kind, loving and caring, but losing her mother has made her shut down. Cassie has bit of a temper, which is very short, very fiery and sometimes very violent. She doesn’t like to be called a coward.

Other Personalities: Cassandra loves to climb, dance (when no one is watching), ride and run. She doesn’t like to be a called a coward, has a bit of a problem with authority, and can’t stand it when someone thinks they’re ‘it’. She’s good at fighting, but prefers not to. Is also good at riding, climbing and dancing (but that’s a secret). She’s fast on her feet, but bad at long-range combat, preferring close-quarters. Cassie is a decent with the sword, and can just pass at good with the bow (even if she tends to not hit the target most of the time). She used to do Fencing and Archery as an after-school activity, even if she wasn’t very good at Archery. She can also cook, but may burn the food. Cassie doesn't like to talk about her mother and will often shut people out when they ask, and then go off on her own. But never for long. She does like company, but not always human (or demigod) company.

Feelings: Scared with a hint of nervous excitement.

Taking: A sword and her necklace, which turns into a weapon. And probably some drachma and human currency.

Up for love: Sure.

Other: Isn't happy about who she's going on the quest with...except for possibly Nick. >.> (Don't ask why. You'll probably find out soon enough.)
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

25 Reviews

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:41 am
Dragonet says...

Name: Nick (Nicholas) Jensen

Parents: Hermes. His mom is a flight attendant.

Appearance: Wild blond hair. Green eyes. Mischievous smile, dark eyebrows. Just like the pic, except more of a dirtier, messy look. Not as clean and perfect. He wears ripped up jeans and old T-shirts.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Mischievous and sneaky. He's the master mind of trouble and can plot any sort of scheme. He likes to joke around, sarcasm is like a second language. But he's a good leader and he knows when to be serious. He's really protective of people put under his care.

Other Personalities: He likes money, heights, Alex (as a sister), challenges, and traveling. He doesn't like people who are serious all the time, boredom, and clean spaces (just like some people can't work in clutter, he can't work in absolute order).
He's really good at sneaking, lying and theft. And he's an amazing runner, and really good at swords. But he can't aim for the life of him; so naturally he's not good at bow and arrows. And another thing, he doesn't have any taste buds (I know, it's weird, but I figured it'd put twist to things).

Feelings: Once he got over the willies of being the leader, he was actually pretty excited. He won't admit it, but he's still a little nervous, though he usually hides it by joking around and laughing.

Taking: He's not taking very much, if not any money, he can steal almost anything without thinking about it.
A regular camp half-blood sword. There's nothing specail about it except it's sheath. All it really is, is a small oval ring of celestrial bronze that clips onto your pants. But when you slide the sword into it, it disappears so that only the hilt is left.
A pair of flying sneakers.

Up for love: Yep. It's going to be complected, but yep.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm
View Likes
Roadnevertravelled says...

Name: Regan Perkins
Parents: Sean Perkins, Athena
Appearance: Regan is Irish. She is kind of tall, 5'11, with long brown hair, brown eyes. High cheekbones, always seems slightly superior and angry. She is athletic and thin. Looks younger than she does in the picture

Personalities:She is very defiant and tough. She doesn't make friends well. She has fast reaction time, even faster then most demigods, and only fights with a sword. If her pride is hurt in any way she will pick a fight with them. She won't team up unless forced to. She uses logic and reasoning a lot when she's fighting. The only person in the world she really loves is her father.
Other Personalities: Likes- fighting, thinking,drawing trees and people in battle, killing monsters. Dislikes- spiders, losing, camp half blood.
Feelings: excited, confused why Nick is leading, happy, free, proud to be chosen.
Taking: clothes (duh), a sword, a map of america, light armor, picture of her dad.
Up for love: yes
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:58 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Name: Kassie White

Parents: God: Zeus Mortal: Sophia White

Appearance:Kass isn't the tallest girl here, but she's not dramatically short. Her eyes are light blue, and the way she moves makes her seem weak and useless. She walks with a grace that not many girls her age have. She isn't much for long flowey dresses (or so she makes it seem) or heels. She loves her old jeans and long sleave shirts, no matter how hot it might get.
Spoiler! :

Personalities: Don't let her appearance fool you, she's very strong and couragous, and she's not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to something serious. Other than that, she doesn't talk much. She loves to be challanged and she's wise for her age-- very dangerous enemy that you would want on your side. She's very loyal to her friends, and, even though she's the daughter of the king of Gods, she's not as prideful as most people think she should be. She loves the thought of being different, but sometimes she just feels the urge to be surrounded by something that's not inhuman. Though she isn't too proud, she walks with a grace that speaks against those words, and she's very graceful when it comes to fighting, or even standing. Most girls envy her beauty, though she isn't sure why.

Other Personalities: She likes being the daughter of the king of the Gods, but sometimes she wishes she could be normal and have a real family--someone she knew loved her rather than using her. She doesn't see herself the way any guy would--she doesn't see herself as a beautiful young woman. She sees a warrior like her father--a girl who doesn't care for looks.

Brief history: Kassie hasn't been in the camp for long, so she doesn't know most people, thus she sleeps with one eye open--though she isn't so sure why she's like that. Her mortal family always knew there was something different about her, and knew she was better than what she always believed. Though she's new in camp, she's learning pretty quikly.

Taking: She's not really taking anything, just the old jeans and torn shirt she's wearing, her necklace, and a book of secrets (to be explained later(:)

Feelings: She's excited to be going, and very happy that Nick is going too. She's scared that she'll be a failure to her father as well as the other Gods and Demi-Gods.

Up for love: Yes

Other: She has had this since she was born, and isn't quite sure wogave it to her, but she loves it. It reminds her to take a minute when she doesn't know what to do, and simply breathe. It helps he keep so calm so she doesn't freak out like she would love to do.
Spoiler! :
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:06 pm
Noelle says...

Name: Lexie Elliot

Parents: Ares and Maria Elliot. Maria is a single mother who runs her own hair design business.

Personalities: She's really tough and doesn't take crap from anyone.

Other Personalities: In battle she prefers one-on-one fighting. Her favorite weapon is a sword that Ares gave to her as a gift when she was 14.

Feelings: Is very excited to go on the quest. She wants to get back at the monster who killed her brother. But she is focused on the actual quest too.

Taking: She’s taking a backpack full of supplies and her sword.

Up for love: Hey, if a cute guy comes along, sure. But if there's some weird creepy guy smiling at her every five seconds, he better watch his back.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

25 Reviews

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:30 pm
Dragonet says...

>Friday<
Nick~Hermes

After my little talk with Lexi, I headed off to the arena to do some practicing with the sword. As I hacked at the dumbies, my mind kept asking me, why? Why had I been chosen to lead the quest? By now I was over the shock, but I was still a little curious. Maybe it was because I was the only one that had actually been on a quest before, so I had more experience. I shrugged it off, whatever the reason, I could handle it. I had been leading the Hermes cabin for more then a year now, I was the fastest runner (besides the dryads), and a fairly good swords-man.

Just then, I heard hooves gallop towards me and I turned to see Chiron. He pranced up beside me and said, "It is time for the quest to begin. Come with me to Dionysus, he has a message for you."

I nodded eagerly, I was already ready. I had on my flying sneakers, I had already chosen a weapon from the armory, and I had a sandwhich wrapped up in my jacket pocket. I don't need much more than that.

As we made our way to the big house, Chiron would call out to the other campers that had been chosen. Soon we had ourselves a procession of seven campers and one centaur.

When we walked through the door, we found Mr. D leaning back in a chair, waiting for us. "Uh so the little heros are finally here, haza and all that." I looked at Kassie and rolled my eyes; Cassandra caught my motion and a corner of her mouth lifted. Mr. D continued, "I've received a message from Zeus, ordering a meeting with him at Olympus, apparently he requests your help." I raised an eyebrow, it wasn't like Zeus to admit that he needs help. Kassie looked just as confused at her fathers actions.

"What's the problem?" Spirit asked.

"Positively oblivious, as usual," Dionysus muttered to himself. Then he turned an annoyed look at Spirit. "My dear, Stella-"

"Spirit," she corrected.

"- have you not noticed the absence of rain?"

I wanted to tell him that, of course, we haven't. It hardly ever rains at camp. Besides, what was so important about a couple days of dry weather?

Chiron spoke, almost as if reading my mind. "It hasn't rained for five weeks, on all corners of the world." He pushed a button on a remote and the TV in the corner came to life with news cast from all over the world. Vicious, uncontrollable fires filled the screen. "Persephone has gone missing and Demeter has taken rash actions."

"I bet it was Hades again." Lexi said matter-of-factly. I flinched and sneaked a glance at Cassandra, she was glaring at Lexi. "The prophecy says, 'the doors of death' so it couldn't be more obvious." She went on.

Chiron nodded, "It's what we suspect. But, right now you must go to Olympus, Zeus will explain the rest. Argus is waiting for you."
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

26 Reviews

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:07 pm
View Likes

REGAN-athena

So our big quest was for Zeus. No surprise, everything important had to do with him. I had never been to Olympus before, so I have to say I'm excited. I might even get to meet my mother. Not that I really want to, she hasn't been much of a mother, but it would be nice to talk to her once. Kassie must be excited. Her father is asking her for help, who wouldn't feel important? As we entered the camp van, I sat next to her.

" Hey Kassie," I said. I had never spoken to her before, so this was kind of awkward. I usually kept to myself.

" Hi Regan. Are you excited for the quest? I heard you lived outside Camp Half-Blood since you were twelve, so I bet you're feeling ready," She looked kind of nervous saying this.

" Yeah, i'm ready to leave. I miss feeling free and not having a schedule or anything like that," She laughed. How could she be so calm, we were about to meet our parents? Without thinking, I asked the question nagging me. " Have you ever met your dad?"

She looked down. " No, I haven't" nervously, she lifted her eyes to meet mine. She wasn't crying like a baby or anything, but she looked scared. " I hope I don't disappoint him. You know, him calling us and me being his daughter and that."

I felt for her, I wanted Athena to consider me worthy, or have her approval, or something. It was stupid, I didn't need approval of a mother who didn't care about me, but I wanted it. " I'm nervous about meeting my parent too" As I said this, the van stopped. I stepped outside to see the green trees and fields of camp replaced by the Empire State Building.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Lexie-Ares
Friday

So this quest was because of Demeter. Her daughter disappeared so she decided to punish the whole world. Sounds like typical god behavior. Naturally, we have to fix it. Zeus would never ask for our help. He must not be too happy that we're helping out.

I have to say, I was a little nervous to go to Olympus. I've only seen my dad once and that was very briefly in which time he gave me my sword. I really wanted to see him again; talk to him if I could. But I knew that would be hard to do. Like almost all of the other demi-gods here, I wanted my dad to be proud of me. I wanted him to deem me worthy of being called his daughter. I definatly knew I was tough. But was I tough enough?

When Chiron told us about the quest, I had to voice my opinion about Hades. I don't think Cassandra was too happy about it. I couldn't help it. If we were all going to do this together, we have to know what each other thinks.

We had all piled into a Camp Half-Blood van and Argus drove us into New York. I watched the scenery go by and took a deep breath. I hadn't been outside of the camp since I was 12. We puled up outside the Empire State Building, got out and walked toward the doors. Jack fell in step next to me.

"Are you ready for this?"

I nodded. "What do you think they'll tell us?"

"Dunno," he shrugged, "they'll probably just give us more information that'll help us out. You know how Mr. D isn't allowed to tell us the whole story."

That made sense. We walked into the lobby and piled into the elevator. Making sure no one else was going to ride with us, the elevator doors shut, and we made our way up to Olympus.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

26 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 pm

C'mon people, let's write something!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 am
Sunshine says...

Sorry my comp's been glitchy. Am posting now!

* Spirit~ Hermes*

No rain? I'd always hated rain, anyway. Always blocking the sun. I saw Kassie and Reagan awkwardly chatting. Jack and Lexi were already arguing. This was gonna be SO interesting. Cassandra slid in next to me. I sensed she was uncomfortable. She probaly didn't like me.
" Hey," I said awkwardly.
Even though Cassandra had been to the camp for awhile I don't think I'd ever talked to her. Too gloomy.
" Hi," she said.
We sit in silence for a bit.
" Are you... excited?," I asked.
" I guess... I wanna prove my self.. to dad."
She glances over at Nick. Weird. More silence.
"So...," Cassandra said to break the silence.
" Do you want to meet more... Olymians?"
" I never thought about it."
We stay in silence for another 15 minutes. Argus pulled the van up to the empire state building. A lady witha long brown hair and a white- sleveless dress on stood in front of the building. Her expression was grim. Lady Hera. I don't know how I knew that I just did. Wait we were going to Olympus? I might see my dad. I never thought about him or that. He went so wrong with Luke, he was scared to see the rest of us.
" Come, heroes," Lady Hera said.
We followed her up to the Mountin.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:36 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kassie~

Scared? Was I scared? Yea, I think I was scared, even if just a little bit. I was going to face my dad, nothing any normal teen would be worried about. Any normal teenager would be more than happy to meet their dad for the first time.

Except I wasn't a normal teen. My dad just happened to be the king of the Gods, the one thing I was scared of--the one thing I was scared to face. I was worried that I wouldn't be the daughter he would be proud of--the perfect half-god that I knew I should be and that I could be. If only I could really prove myself to him.

Then it hit me, like when you realize something you've been trying to think about for a long time. Like when you remember the word that's been on the tip of your toung for a while. An epiphany.

This was my chance, the big chance, to prove to my dad, to the others, to Nick, that I was my father's daughter, the Demi-God of Zeus. I. Can. Do. This.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:53 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Jack -- Ares

I have to say that any confidence that I had on the way to Olympus vanished as soon as our car pulled up to the front doors. I could tell everyone was feeling the same way, but it was odd for me to be totally speachless in a situation. Lexie tried to talk to me, but I couldn't even bring myself to respond. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I just couldn't talk. I hoped that she understood at least.

Hera lead us to Olympus without even saying a word to us. I guess I could understand that as well. They were Gods. It must be difficult to have to ask for help from Demi-Gods. But because they did, it must have meant it was VERY important. I guess I didn't fully understand that until we were pretty much meeting our parents. For me, it was going to be the first time.

I never met my father before. The only contact I've had with him was very one sided. First, he claimed me which didn't even take a meeting, really. Then, he sent my weapon -- the Celestial Steel knuckles -- in the mail. I always thought that he was ashamed of me. I also felt that this was going to be my only chance to prove to him that I am not a failure.

Hera opened the doors to the throne room where we were to meet the other Gods and lead us in. The room was massive. I can't even really describe it. Well, to be honest, the first thing I looked at was Ares. My father. He sat off to the side of Zeus (the one in the middle of everyone was obviously the king of the Gods himself) along with all the other male Gods and had the biker look about him. Actually, now that I think of it, I don't even know how I recognized him. Maybe it was just the fact that he was my father.

Ares looked at both me and Lexie and straightened a little in his seat. He almost looked proud. Before I could make an idiot of myself over all of that, Hera spoke.

"Welcome, Hero's." She said. While I was looking at my father, she had taken her seat next to Zeus and was looking down on all of us, "You must be wondering why we called you here. I will explain."
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn