z

Young Writers Society

House of Night

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Moo says...

-Closed-
Last edited by Moo on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

Oh ... choices, choices ... a female zombie, please :) (though I may change to demon :? )
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:01 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Can I join? I can't choose! girl or boy (thinks).... Boy, yea.

Name: Tomix (tom-icks)

Species:Vampire

House: Noctis

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Image he has blue hair and pink to crimson eyes.

Personality: he may seem out in space, but he is a very smart boy that is top of his class. he heals anything that is sick, from animals to lycans. he likes to help others, and gets along with others more than vamps because of his happy nature. She has few friends, because the majority of vamps don't understand him and the others hate him. he hates no one species, because he believes that each person should be judged differently an apart from a whole group. if one person is mean, that doesn't make the who species evil.

History: he was one of the few that was born a vampire. he killed her mother when he was in her womb by sucking her blood and her father fled, leaving him at the 'House'.

How they came to the House: Father dumped him there.

For the House or against it, and why: For because he believes it will help hone his thirst and prevent him from killing.

Strengths/weaknesses: control over himself, happy nature / species, doesn't understand how to get along with his own species. Usually a loner.

Other: up for love? why not =)
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Reviews: 3
Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:20 pm
Twitchy says...

Female demon please!
Life's to short to waste time thinking about tomorrow. Live for today and deal when the consequences when they get here!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 pm
Sunshine says...

Name: Aurua

Species: Lycan
House: Lupus

Appearance: Also, state wolf appearance for Lycans. Remember, Lycans do not transform into a the appearance of a normal, wild wolf, but a between state. Demon appearance and alternate form for demons too if applicable.) Deep night blue eyes and shaggy brown hair to her shoulders, short 5'3. Freckles dotting her nose. As a Lycan she is a small framed brown and black long-haired with a short snout.

Personality: A very chipper person. ( the kind that gets on your nerves if you spend to much time with them). Very smiley and loves everybody. ( more will reveal over time)

History: Was an orphan until she was bitten at the age of 5 by a kindly Lyan who found her in the woods. Does not remember anything before that. The Lycan raised her very well.

How they came to the House: Her "Mom" decided it was time to spend more time with her kind and ( reluctantly) sent her off. Has been at house since 15.

For the House or against it, and why: Are they secretly working with the Vengrid?) Totally with it!!!!

Strengths/weaknesses: She can't see the evil in other people and is determined everyone is good. Hates war. ( only thing she does!) Is also suprisingly a good lier!

Other:Is ferocially loyal to friends. ( also less annoying), Wouldn't mind a guy but isn't desperate.
Last edited by Sunshine on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:54 pm
Sassafras says...

Male demon spot saved.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

33 Reviews

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

Name: Sophie

Species: Zombie
House: Mortis

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: For someone who's dead, Sophie is suprisingly easygoing and laidback. In fact, it's pretty hard to get her worked up about anything. She's pretty tolerant of the other houses and is quite wellknown for this. However, she is only this way in the daytime. At night she is grouchy and easily angered, often snapping at others for the smallest of things.

History: *I'll do this later*

How they came to the House: Sophie was discovered by one of the current teachers at the school, and was taken in to be cared for under their protection.
For the House or against it, and why: She is in agreement with the existence of the House of Night, knowing the terrible conditions that she was in before she came.

Strengths: She's got fairly good morals that she tries to adhere to at all times. Very accepting of the other races and has an air of friendliness about her.

Weaknesses: For a zombie, she's not very physically strong.
She too often seeks compromise and rarely takes decisive action, and doesn't stand her ground well under persuasion from others. Is allergic to rule-breaking - occassionally this conflicts with the 'easily influenced' side of her personality - if someone asks her do something that involves rule-breaking she gets very agitated and uncertain.

Other: Up for love.
(Also up for coercion - if someone wants to try and persuade her to join the Vengrid then she probably would if she believed/was convinced that the House was 'evil'. This could also merge with 'up-for-love' - she could be tricked/seduced :smt003 )

Tell me if this is okay (or if anyone is interested in coercion/love then please PM me) :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:47 pm
Pernicious says...

Wewh, finally getting this up >:P

Name: Narcotic Canis.

Species: Lycan.

House: Lupus.

Appearance: Narcotic has a soft appearance for a lycan, but she resembles plenty of her lycan features. Her hair doesn't appear natural, but in fact it is. It doesn't need hairspray or anything along those lines; it shapes itself into a magnificent array of flicks and curves. Her fringe has its own unique appearance about it- although it's short, it look very abbundant, and looks like there is a lot of air curving it into a sphere like shape.

Her irises, the most hypnotising thing about her, are a shade of teal, featuring a lot of silver. She prefers to wear make-up (favouring eye-liner and mascara), because she thinks it brings out the bold, black circle around her irises. The only other make-up she wears is a thin coating of a gloss like lipbalm. It protects her fragile lips from the cold, but also makes them shimmer and make them look quite puffy (although she doesn't really like them looking puffy.)

Her dress style is nice and loose. The most common trousers found on Narcotic are tracky dacks. Narcotic prefers the ones that are baggy at the top, but secure her ankles towards the bottom and grip them tightly. She wears light jackets with hoods on and like thin tops that are usually white and plain.

Human:
Spoiler! :
http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/olivia-9000/?action=view&current=Blonde1.jpg&newest=1 (Image wouldn't show.)

Her half wolf half human form is quite unusual. Most expect a lycan's werewolf form to be black or brown, but Narcotic's is a crystal alabaster. During her quite simple werewolf form, Narcotic's thighs become very slim and her spine is extremely visible. She looks very much like a wolf, but the only difference is her abnormally extended canines and her ability to walk on her hind legs, of which are long, slightly bigger than a human's limbs. She does however like to walk on all fours whilst being a werewolf- but Narcotic sometime's finds this uncomfortable since her 'paws' are very much shaped like hands and actually have fingers still.

Werewolf:
Spoiler! :
Apologies for it being a drawing, I would've prefered something more realistic and 3D but yeah :P... I'm fussy, and white werewolf images weren't that easy to find...Image

Narcotic's full wolf form is quite a simple colour; alabaster, very much like her werewolf form. Her irises are an emerald green and she is a timber wolf; but other than that, there is nothing much needed to know about Narcotic's wolf form.

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the... Ughness. I wanted to get my profile up and sort of rushed the following image. And even though it's quite shit, I'd prefer for nobody to steal it o-o http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy14 ... g&newest=1 (Image wouldn't show. And click for better quality.)

Personality: Narcotic could be a more 'in-your-face' character, but she prefers to keep herself to herself. She finds herself anti-social, for example; somebody may ask her how she is, and she will respond with an appropriate answer. Nothing more. Not return the favour by asking how he/she might feel. But during her wolf and werewolf form, Narcotic will completely change. She becomes more confident and boastful- completely different compared to her human personality.

History: Narcotic's mother, Dana, attended the House of Night and was extremely hostile to those that were against Taelmus' word. After giving birth to Narcotic, Dana's husband and Narcotic's father began plotting against his wife, despite their marriage. He was against Dana the whole time. Narcotic was old enough to know and remember her father, and it was distinct Narcotic was a daddy's girl. After her mother fled after finding out her husband's plans, on her way to another country, Dana was assassinated on an aeroplane. Dana's husband knew this would be the outcome, and had planned ahead. A ruthless battle of lycan vs lycan occured on a crashing plane, and the opposing canines were both killed as the outcome. Narcotic's father is now still around, leading a troup of rebels, and he's still in secret contact with Narcotic. He's slowly and gradually pursuading her to 'open her eyes' and take a look at the humans and their 'savage' way towards their species.

How they came to the House: At a loss due to her father's pursuasive words, Narcotic decided to seek some advice from the members of The House of Night. She joined to see whether or not her father was in the right or in the wrong. But, the letters never end. Constantly, Narcotic gains letters from her father, each of which pull Narcotic that little bit more onto his side.

For the House or against it, and why: Narcotic up to now is in noman's land, but she is slowly slipping onto Vengrid's side.

Strengths/weaknesses: A strength of Narcotic's is her beastly werewolf and average wolf form. Even for a lycan, Narcotic is on the large side. Her hefty mass also enables her extreme strength. Slightly a weakness for Narcotic is her sheepish and held-back personality. And to top it off, she is quite gullable like most folk.

Other: Up for love and sibling requests, in fact I'd be more than happy to get them, although it would mean working out some story lines since the whole evil father thing...

Equipment: Although it's small and solitary, this weapon proves to be lethal and swift when in the right hands.
Spoiler! :

Also, usually hidden beneath her jacket, but always visible during her wolf and or werewolf form, is a large, loose chain collar. It is quite jagged and is made out of steel. It also has an extended bit of steel sticking out of the front of it, where if it was a dog's collar, a lead would go.

Spoiler! :
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:36 pm
untameabletiger says...

female lycan please(:

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Female Vampire Please * Will finish*
Name: Raven Serena Fire *Goes by all 3 names*

Species: Vampire
House: Noctis

Appearance: Auburn hair dark purple eyes with flecks of gray pale skin and a scar on her left cheek how it got there she won't say. Scars on both her wrists.

Personality: Sweet gentle and understanding a dark and sarcastic side when she is ticked. She has a great sense of humor is a great listener and is very empathtic. She is very random and hyper at times. She has a very quick temper and will withdraw into herself when she is depressed

History: Her parents who were both vampires died when she was 5 she was adopted and once they found out what she was they tried to kill her by slitting both her wrists and forcing them under water they also tried to drown her. She ran to her friend who was another vampire and she took her to the house.

How they came to the House: Her friend Diana took her.

For the House or against it, and why: For.
Strengths/weaknesses: Strengths: Kind, emphatic, is very good at healing people, is a very good friend, a very good listen, is very logical and analytical, has a photographic memory, and can fight with anything. Weakness: When she loses her temper she will lash out at anything, her bite isn't as venomous as most vampires, she has a quick temper which will often cloud her judgement but she is decent at keeping it in check, if she gets near a bathtub she will start to shake and cry reliving the events of that night.
Other: Has a grey and black wolf named Tskinnak. Up for love: Yes.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:06 am
Sunshine says...

( I think we need more guys so-)
Name:Thor

Species: Demon
House:Abyssus
Appearance: Handsome blond ( has one of those Beiber do's) with tan skin and a small nose. Sharp sky blue eyes. Perfers to turn into Tasmanian devils and bears.

Personality: Is a gentlemen and lady's man. Kind, courteous-unless you mess with his plans. Can get rather mean but is mostly ok.

History: Was raised by his Uncle Venny (100% human) after parents died.

How they came to the House: Uncle Venny sent him.

For the House or against it, and why: Are they secretly working with the Vengrid?) His uncle is a member of the Vengrid, so yeah aganist it.

Strengths/weaknesses: Very clever and calculating. An excellent swordsman. Can't handle any other weapon. Can't really make friends with guys.

Other: Named himself. Really loves his Uncle but also loves being a demon...
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:22 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Name: Talon (Preferrs to be called Wraith) Morgue

House: Abyssus

Appearance: 6' 2. Ice blue eyes. They glow. He has jet black hair that is shaggy and down to his shoudlers. He has a rugged short of feature, which makes him quite hansome. This is what he looks like:

He doesn't change much in his Demon form, so it makes him more intimidating. This is what he looks like in demon form:

Personality: He is really quiet, but he gives off an intensive wave of energy. People tend to stray away, intimidated.

History: He has always been a loner. He doesn't trust easily, since his mom tried to kill him when he was young. Never had a father.

How they came to the House: He just appeared one night.

For the House or against it, and why: Are they secretly working with the Vengrid?) He is in between. He really wishes everyone would leave him alone, but if he had to choose, it would be for it.

Strengths/weaknesses: His strength is his demon ability. He is what you call a Seer. He can see the scars on you soul and your weaknesses. He can either help your scars or make them worse. His weakness is he can't help but save a damsel in distress. Who knew?

Other: Wants to fall in love, but is wary.

Name: Amnesty Shade

House: Abyssus

Appearance: Image She looks like this in normal form. This is her in her demon form:

Personality: She is quiet. He demon side is evil, but she wants to be good.

History: Some what like Talons

How they came to the House: Just appeared.

For the House or against it, and why: Are they secretly working with the Vengrid?) Same as Talon

Strengths/weaknesses: Strength: Her control Weakness: Her evil side

Other: Up for love
Last edited by *singerofthenight* on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

33 Reviews

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:15 pm
kidashka says...

Can we start once people have finished their profiles? :)

83 Reviews

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Yes please???????
"Hello, is this thing on?"

83 Reviews

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Why is it closed?????