z

Young Writers Society

Alternate World: Faery Wars.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:33 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

"i am afraid that i cannot let you kill him, his is important for reasons; oh and elf i don't drink the blood of my kin, when i can help it. Lucky for you both" gesturing towards the elf and the human " i ate earlier this morning, and can control my hunger very well; you have also failed to tell me your name elf." i said while standing between him and yebba.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:10 am
bubblewrapped says...

I had barely reined in my horse before I was bombarded with questions.
"Who are you? What the hell are you doing here, and what do you know of Dwarves?" One of the elves demanded, sounding slightly hysterical. His face was pale and drawn - almost as bad as those of his companions, whose skin looked slightly waxy in the starlight. Before I could speak, however, another of the elves cut across me, announcing:
"I have something to tell you, my friend...I am a vampire."
I swallowed my intended greeting with a snort of ill-disguised incredulity. Of course. Who else wanders about at night, looking so very...well, dead? I listened impatiently as first one and then the other vampire gave a condensed version of their story, one hand resting lightly on Hengest's grey neck. Should I leave them to it, or should I demand to know what they were doing in our part of the forest after midnight? I had just decided that I didnt really care anyway - I had my own affairs to be getting on with - but when they started discussing who was going to eat the elf, I thought it was time to step in. Literally.
"Luckily for you both, I ate earlier this morning, and can control my hunger very well." One of the vampires was saying.
"And luckily for you," I mimicked, nudging Hengest forward into their midst. "I can control my temper very well."
All three of them whirled abruptly to face me, startled. I smiled sweetly.
"Laine. Daughter of Hrothgar," I said. "Would one of you be so kind as to help me down from my horse?"
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:13 am
Jiggity says...

I was shocked, dazzled, and slighlty frightened as someone had just threatened to eat me; but I still retained my manners. "Of course, my Lady" I said, bowing smoothly and helping her down from her horse. I was drawing on the last of my reserves to just stand upright, but I couldnt have this stunning girl think ill of me, now could I?

"I am Prince Thorontur Aleander, the Lesser Prince of all Elvendom" I said, introducing myself adroitly "And if you dont mind, Im going to go over there" here I pointed to the other side of the clearing "and collapse, Id much appreciate it if you could make sure my...ah...my,um, compatriots here dont eat me."

I made it half way across the clearing before the world started spinning, the ground rushed up at me and everything went black.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

701 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:22 am
bubblewrapped says...

I thanked the elf for his help, but I dont think he heard me. He waved a hand vaguely in my direction and staggered off a few steps, then collapsed on the other side of the clearing. I raised an eyebrow at the vampires.
"Rough night?"

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

375 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:32 am

"nope.... of course, all we did was fight off a large scouting party of dwarves, i mean i fought them off, while the elf just shot some arrows in and tried to roast them and me alive in a fireball. Then we ran for a bit and met you; so not really such a bad night we got to slaughter some dwarves." it was fun i thought, well enough to last; for a while at least
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

701 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:54 am
bubblewrapped says...

I affected an expression of admiration.
"You killed some dwarves?" I exclaimed. "How brave! Were there many of them?"

375 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:04 am

"yea we killed quite a few, i am not really sure i lost count around 10 in the first few minutes before he blasted us with a fireball, luckily im a vampire so it didnt hurt me at all. We would have faught the dwarven royals and their army, but this elf" i said jerking my thumb in his direciton" keeps on procrastinating, they are gonna die sonner or later imean why not make it sooner. Aleander just had to ask the tree's to help him and form that wall over there."
I said while twriling my dagger absentmidly in my left hand.

701 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:11 am
bubblewrapped says...

"You must certainly be a formidable fighter," I said, eyeing the dagger. I was almost tempted to snatch it out of the air on the next twirl - it was getting irritating - but decided against it. Instead, I lead Hengest over to the nearest tree and looped his reins loosely around a low branch, so that he could graze while I tried to find out what the three strangers were doing here.
"So what brings you to this part of the forest?" I asked, when I had finished. I nudged the sleeping elf-prince with my foot. "I gather it's not for your health..."

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:40 pm
Myth says...

(Sorry this is a bit late.)

Lilith

With lack of sleep Lilith was weary and lost her bearings for a moment. She looked around to where the elf and the other strangers stood, or rather, were fighting.

She didn't really like dwarves so the desire to kill them was strong in her blood. She pulled out her sword its scabbard and shrank into the shadows of the nearest tree, and as a dwarf passed her she swung low and sent the head rolling. The headless body slumped to the ground.

The creatures seemed to swarm around the forest and it was not long before she had to stop. Two of the vampires seemed to be arguing. She leaned against a tree and heard little of their conversation.

"I don't care if he is royalty... I will split him with you."

Who?

The Princeling that was meant to be her victim.

The elf prince was not far from where she stood. So far she was lucky no one had noticed her.

It's easier to kill when you don't exist!

There was silence in the forest when suddenly a maiden on a horse emerged. Lilith felt something brush against her leg.
Last edited by Myth on Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:13 am
zelithon says...

"hmm i never had royalty, nor someone as pompouse as he before, i bet he wuold taste eashpeashally good for his rarety, like fine wine..." I said to myself. I had zoned out when the other vampire started bragging.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:11 pm
Myth says...

Lilith

"Get away!" she hissed at the snake-like creature at her boot. The snake hissed back and wound itself around her leg. Angrily Lilith caught hold of it by the head and squeezed but still it closed itself around her leg.

She shifted into a black panther, merging with the darkness, and caught the snake in her paws, she ripped its head off and scratched at its scales.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence