z

Young Writers Society

The Lamirghetta (started)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Demorian

I pinned the man against a wall in the shadows.

"Tell me where to find the Lamirghetta." I said calmly.

"You're a monster!" He spat back at me. Ah that word again. Monster, crazy, evil, I've heard it all and it never really bothered me. I was prepared to do anything to get what I wanted, but I never really saw myself as a monster. Oh well, if I got what I needed the man can believe what he wanted.

"You are trying my patience." I said.

"You'll never get it!"

"Tell me!" I punched him hard in the gut and didn't let him fall over. He gasped for air.

"I don't know." He said, "But there may be something in the library. Good luck getting in."

"Now was that so hard?" I said and broke his neck. I hid his body in the shadows and started for the library. I would not be able to get in, but I knew that others would be able to. I also knew that I wasn't the only one looking for this stone. I just had to wait for someone to get the information for me and either take it from them or just follow them right to the stone. Let them do all the hard work and reap their rewards.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:05 am
Lavvie says...

Nimue

I was disgusted, appalled and, I hated to admit it, a little frightened. Aegis and Ithycus were banding together? I knew I couldn't trust any sorcerer or sorceress, but it seemed they had disregarded that fact. Perhaps they were only using the other? I shook my head to rid myself of these thoughts that were distracting me from my research.

The Lamirghetta was in a location unknown to people--that I knew--but it also said that it actually found its possessor. So, to sum it up, you had to be the right person for the stone. You couldn't just take it...or could you? I wished to delve further into the scroll, but from my peripheral vision I could see Aegis and Ithycus impatiently waiting to read the manuscript. I knew what I had to do, no matter what troubles it would cause.

I slowly started to roll the scroll up, inch by inch. Soon it was rolled completely and I, while eyeing everyone around me, slipped it under my robes. I started to walk out before Aegis said after me, "I believe you have misplaced something, sorceress." I was enraged. How dare he betray my identity in front of people who were simply commoners! I turned quickly, changing my features to a frightening pointy-nosed witch. I saw Aegis and his companion, Ithycus gasp in alarm. I then ran out of the room. It would only be minutes until the library was notified a special script had been stolen.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:17 pm
Kiwisatsuma says...

((oops, sorry this is so long! XD))

Talinea

I stared in wonder at the bustling city before me. Horse drawn carriages trundled down the thoroughfare, their wealthy passsangers peering down their noses at the peasants come in to sell goods, soldiers, and workers busy with their day to day business. Nobody knew who I was here; nobody expected anything of me. There were no elders breathing down my throat or broad faced farmhands to take me to the altar, knock me up and make me spend all day cleaning the house. A burst of glee burst up inside to me and I grinned to myself. Free! Free to do whatever I wanted. And I knew exactly what that was. Oh yes, I had plans. One way or another I would gain power.

Smiling sweetly, I stepped up to a stallholder standing behind stacks of yellow and red apples. "Excuse me, sir?"

"Apples! Sweet, crispy apples! They don't come cheaper than this, miss!" He waved an apple in front of me.

"Ah, I'm not hungry." I wrinkled my nose. Actually, this was a lie - I'd had nothing but a bowl of porridge this morning - but I could worry about that later.

"Happence for two! Special deal for you missie, because I can't resist a pretty face." He winked roguishly at me.

I leant around the pile of fruit, fluttering my eyelashes and hoping I didn't look foolish. "Actually, I'm new to the city and I was hoping you might be able to help me find something that I'm looking for. It would really be a huge help."

The man raised his eyebrows, and then grinned. "Well, o' course. Anything you need, ask away."

"I was wondering, if you knew anything at all, about... the Lamirghetta?"

The stallholder paled. "Oh, that - that's just a myth, surely. But if you're looking for a tavern, my wife runs the most cozy little inn, cheap but thoroughly respectable." He laughed nervously.

I leant closer, staring into his eyes and spoke softly. "Oh, I think you know more than you're letting on. Come on now, tell me what you know."

"The - the library!" he burst out, and then backed away, making the sign of the devil at me. "You'll get no more out of me. It's a dangerous game to play, searching for that Godforsaken stone."

"Thankyou kindly, sir!" I smiled reassuringly, gave a cheery wave and turned round, shouldering my pack. I stode down the cobbled street, munching on an apple. There were indeed delicious.

The library was signposted and within ten minutes I was standing outside, gazing up at the splendid building. Above the wooden doorway I could see carvings depicting battles. Stone horses reared up and victorious soldiers led lines of chained prisoners away. We lived in comparatively peaceful times, but underneath the polished surface of our society, dangerous currents flowed. Make no mistake, this was a war I was joining, and whatever happened, I was intent on coming out a winner - "OOF!"

A woman barreled into me and I toppled backwards, landing with a thump on the library steps. Looking up I saw a misshapen figure with a pointy nose and dark eyebrows. The woman scrabbled furiously on the floor, picking up a scroll and stowing it in her sleeve.

"Sorry, sorry," she muttered, standing up and striding down the steps. Within seconds, she had disappeared around a corner. As I stood up and brushed the dirt off my rough clothes, the library doors burst open again and two young men came out and looked around wildly.

"Did you see a woman - horrendously ugly - or, she was a minute ago, she might have changed since then-" the freckled, dark haired one began, breathing heavily.

I smiled coolly. "Well, I may have. Yes, I think there was a woman; she had some kind of scroll. But you know, I can't remember which way she went." The two shifted in frustration. "Tell me, what exactly was that scroll about? I've never seen one quite like that before."

Oh, yes, I could play this game.
Last edited by Kiwisatsuma on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

Demorian

My word, I was a lucky man. All the pawns laid out right in front of me and they had no clue that I was one of the pieces to this little game. I must be quite honest, though. At first I had no clue that the misshapen woman had the information. I thought she was running from those that did, but when I saw the other two burst out of the library frantically looking for her, I knew that she must have been the one. And I almost let that little lead pass right out from under me.

I used my power to slow down time around me. The woman had a pretty decent lead on me, so I figured that I could close the distance faster when everyone else's movements were slowed. But I had to move quickly as the power didn't last long and had a recharge time of at least 1 hour before I could use it again. No matter, I had no intentions of fighting her, just following her to the stone. Perhaps lend my help if she needed it and by the time we got to the stone, I would know her enough to overpower her and take it for myself. The perfect plan.

I moved quickly around the slowed commoners without any of them being aware of my movements. I caught up to her quickly and when I did, I moved into the shadows and let time speed up again. I was exhausted by the exertion, but still well enough to continue my stalking. I followed the woman and noticed something off about her. The body was right, but the face was all wrong. It was no longer that of a long-nosed witch. I followed the wrong person. I cursed under my breath and moved out of the shadows. The woman looked at me and quickly averted her gaze. Something seemed off about her.

"Excuse me." I said bowing to her, "I have lost someone."

"And who might that be?" The woman asked without looking at me. Curse me. I had not even gotten a good look at the woman before and all I could remember were the general features. If I knew more, I could see through the trickery, but as it stood the woman was the only person who might have seen the person I was looking for.

"Ah, you see that's the problem." I said, "I do not know her name. She forgot something at the library over there in her rush to get home. I thought it would be courteous of me to return it."

"What does she look like?" The woman asked.

"She has a long nose like that of a witch in those stories. Frightening appearance, really but she is a nice woman."

"I do not know, I'm sorry."

"Quite alright. Thank you anyways." Curses! I had lost her. Just at that moment, I saw the other two men push through the crowd. The woman widened her eyes in alarm and bolted away from me. Perhaps... No, she didn't look anything like that woman. Perhaps though, I still had a chance with these pursuers.

Will review for food!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:56 pm
TheSailor says...

Aurora

I sit on top of the library tower, watching the scene play out. The bells on my garments jingle with every puff of sultry, Arabian, air. I'm listening in to the thoughts of the two boys, the shape-shifter, and that man with a sardonic smile twinging on my lips. He thinks he's so sly, that no one knows he can slow time. Pf. Audacious. The youth these days. My hand darts into one of the many pockets hidden about my person. I pull out a worn silver coin, and begin to quickly flash it across my fingers, making it dance, and sparkle in the beating sun.

They have done all the work. I know who has the scroll, so I could get it if I wanted it, but to what ends? I can just look into the shapeshifter's mind and see all I need to know. I decide to be a nice girl, and again, my smile twinges with a hint of the ironic.

My bare feet gently grip and leap with all the grace of a dancer as I flit down the wall. I glide through the crowd and up to the sorceress, "Come this way if you want to live to see the next hour," I grip her arm and pull her immediately through a side alley.

She spurts disjointed words out. Her chest heaves with the effort of her escape. I introduce myself, "Pleasure to finally meet you. I know you already though: more intimately than you can imagine. I am Aurora." And with a toss of my bleach ringlets, I throw my head back and laugh.
Last edited by TheSailor on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Ernest Hemingway

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 am
RedBird says...

Ithycus,

I could sense the growing layers of magic surrounding me. More sorcerers and sorceresses were convening on the spot where we stood. Actually, they were probably following Nimue, something I intended to do as well. Aegis and I walk quickly through the crowds, trying to spot Nimue. I hear her distinctive step.

"She's changed again," I snarl under my breath. Aegis nods.

We continue to follow her, staying out of her line of vision. After a certain point, I get the feeling, that undeniable sense, that someone was following US. I cast my hearing around. Sure enough, there is another follower, a sly-sounding man, striding purposefully through the crowd. I curse quietly.

"Complications," Aegis mutters.

We walk on, but can never get any closer to Nimue, or else we might be seen. Our own stalker, the man with the sly step, cannot be shaken, either. It annoys me greatly, and finally, I've had enough.

"That's it," I say, stopping and turning to Aegis and clicking to Loki. The little bat shoots out of my pocket and zooms towards the man following us, flapping and chittering in his face. Simultaneously, I grab Aegis' shoulder, and disappear.

We reapper right behind Nimue, causing many shouts from the crowd. I ignore them, brushing my hand over Nimue's pack that is hanging over her shoulder. Even as she whirls around, Loki flies back to my pocket, and the pack, Aegis, and I pop out of existence.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:46 am
Lavvie says...

Nimue

There are many times I wish I had a different ability, one that could perhaps stun people or have some sort of invisible shield. A power that could actually be related to self-defense, but no, I had a shifting ability, only something that could be used to my benefit when people couldn't read your mind. Or knew me too well.

Aurora was pretty, delicate and fair, the exact opposite of her nature. She was a vile person, like a spitting cobra. If I had been her mother, I would have made sure to be rid of her as soon as I was able. Of course, her mother hadn't been of the smart type and had decided to keep her. I inwardly cursed Aurora's parents.

I struggled to keep my scroll hidden, but I knew Aurora already knew its spot. I gave up struggling, my face switching to my normal one. Then I had a thought. I switched into an exact replica of Aurora, stunning her for a second. I quickly regained confidence and started to sprint away.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

5 Reviews

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:26 pm
TheSailor says...

Aurora
That minx! I inwardly scream in frustration, but immediately come to my senses, and think how silly I am being. With another of my tinkling laughs, I focus. The buildings at the end of the thin alley Nimue is running down begin to twist and meld together - the reality of the walls is being distorted. They block her off, as she whips around, face frantic, I have the stone begin to almost melt to cover all her body save her face.

"Did you really take me for that silly of a girl? I may look like I am six-teen, but darling, I am much older than that. And do you really have to insult my parents? I can't say I was never fond my mother either, but they did die over seven-hundred years ago. It's terrible luck to insult the dead." I take a step closer to her. I can see her mind rushing frantic from thought to thought, she is scared almost beyond belief. "You think I'm going to kill you." I search her eyes, "Don't try and lie, I know it's true. As hard as it may be for you to understand, I like to consider myself a 'good guy'. I am a generally nice person, I was just trying to be helpful. I believe that Demorian was going to kill you sooner rather than later if he and the other two boys had caught up to you." Again, her face and mind shriek confusion. Interesting, she hadn't even noticed the third. "You need me. You know you do. We can work together. This is me being nice. I need my karma for the century. Just know, I don't need you, but a shape-shifter on my side would be a nice convenience."

I make the stone wall melt away from her right hand and arm. "We'll work together very well. I can tell. It will benefit you greatly, and me enough for me to care. What do you say: shake on it?"

I laugh at the irony in my head because I already know her exact answer.
"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Ernest Hemingway

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I'll be claiming the 8th spot, if you don't mind. Thanks!

Skyler Claimer(ironic name)

Female

15(Looking, doesn't know her real age)

Evil, though she is because good people have bad schemes all of the time and she wants part of the action, though she is not evil.

Sky is a 5"7 skinny lady that almost never shows emotion. She was recruited from evil at an early age, when they learned of her power. They make her seem small, like a toy that they can just throw away. She's quitting and trying to come to the good side of things, even if she would not be trusted for eternities or millenniums. She is trained in endurance. She is quite logical and loves animals, which is why she has a pet. Explain later.

Power: she can see others memories and extract them. she would never forget, but they original owner would. How this is helpful: She can extract the memories of people about their powers in the matter of seconds, making them unable to do magic. Bad thing; she can only remember a handful of other's memories at a time, so she must record their info. the memories never return to their original owners.

Other: Her 'pet' is a Caracal cat (Look it up) who follows her around wherever she goes named jynx. He is a constellation, and can henceforth watch from his stars. It's useful since he can see enemies, but his view is often distorted and distant. One in a thousand that he is correct, but a faithful pet none the less. Up for love, but only if they have good intentions for others and her.

Spoiler! :
Her!
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:30 am
Light_Devil! says...

Spoiler! :
*brain dies* (Did we steal the scroll?)
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

5 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:11 am
TheSailor says...

Spoiler! :
I think Nimue still has it...

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 am
MilkNCookies says...

Is someone going to put me in or am I?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm
Light_Devil! says...

Spoiler! :
Then what the hell did Ithycus do?
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

45 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:43 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

DragonWriter, you can put in a post whenever you feel ready to.

Will review for food!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:56 pm
RedBird says...

Spoiler! :
Hmmm. I was under the impression that the scroll was in a pack. Evidently, that was not the case. So...I guess that Ithycus and Aegis are severely disappointed, and need to reenter the fray.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time