Young Writers Society

Delightful Boarding School

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:02 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

OK, my first SB, here it goes! :)

Plot:
Delightful Boarding School has been voted best Boarding School in the country because of the grades that students are getting, and improvements that they've made since joining. Your parents have decided to send you there, you may have mixed emotions about this. Think about how you feel about leaving your old school. When you get there you are assigned to a dorm room with three others, probably not in all the same classes as you. The first night you are there you hear footsteps, then a door slamming, these noises carry on for quite a few nights. You and your roomates decide to investigate what is going on to find out that all of the staff and some students have become demonised with very strong powers. After about a month every student has become demonised apart from eight students. (You are one of these eight.) Four boys and four girls, and your job is to create an anitdote to turn these demons back to humans, it might involve a lot of battling. You can't escape from school, and you can't phone home. Also, at one point a creepy deom/teacher say, "This isn't Delightful Boarding School, this is Frightful Boarding Schol! Hahahaahahah!"

Rules:
Usual YWS SB rules
Keep swearing to a minimum
Don't God-Mod
Romance and sex scenes, they're allowed, but don't be too vivid.

Character Templates:
Name:
Age (13-17):
History:
Personality:
Up for love:
Other:

Spots left: ~ 1 female and 1 male
1. Fox (claimed spot)~female
2. Daniel Thornton- tam_ara ~ male
3. ReisePiecey~female (claimed spot)
4. Clarrisa Harrington- kiwisatsuma ~ female
5. Destiney-Faith Winchester- rebelinsilence ~ female
6.Gregory Thompson- Dr. Jamie Bondage~ male
7. Marco Regardo- tam_ara~ male
8. Jayce Abraham Kaleido- Apple~ male

The discussion thread is here
Last edited by ArcticMonkey on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

532 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:16 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Here is mine:

Name: Daniel Thornton

Appearence: Short borown hari with side fringe. Above average height, very skinny. Wears glasses, but takes them off a lot even though he's not supposed too.

History: Daniel Thornton gre up with two older sisters and one younger sister. He had quite a nice life in First School with many friends and had good grades. Although he was teased and sometimes called a sissy becasue of his family, and teh way that he reacted to things. So when he found out that he got a place at Delightful Boarding School, he was quite happy, but at the same times upset to be leaving his friends.

Pesonality: Very out there, bright. Is very willing to help his closest friend. He has trust issues and finds it hard to trust new friends.

Up For Love: Yes

Other: N/A
Last edited by ArcticMonkey on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:45 pm
Sassafras says...

I save for a girl.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:40 pm
Kiwisatsuma says...

Well, I've never done a storybook before but this looks fun so here goes :D

Name: Clarissa Harrington

Appearence: Medium height and slim with wispy white blonde hair and blue eyes. Has a perfectly manicured appearance and expensive looking shoes.

History: She's an only child with rich but distant parents who grew up on a country estate with a private tutor. Her mum and dad were always off travelling but left instructions for her to be given whatever she wanted. However after returning home for the Summer they decided that she needed to get some life experience and interact with other people her age so they sent her off to the best sounding boarding school they could find, despite her protests.

Personality: Spoiled and petulant, used to everyone agreeing with her and giving in to all her requests. Is furious with her parents for sending her away and convinced that she's going to hate the school and everyone's going to be horrible. Has always been surrounded by servants and isn't used to being with normal people, so she acts distainful and distant. However, should she form a friendship she would be very loyal and generous, as she has never had a true friend before and would be very grateful. Can be insensitive and snobbish around people who aren't as rich as her. Is brave when it comes to a crisis.

Up for love: Sure, although she's very inexperienced at relationships, having lead such a sheltered life.

Other: None

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:06 am
Winchester says...

Name: Destiney-Faith Winchester
Aperance:
Spoiler! :

Thats the style of her hair but its black with a streak of dark blue in her fringe. she has misty grey eyes, pale white skin shes about 5 foot 4 and thin.
History: She grew up with her mum and older twin brothers. shes a musical genious, and a amazing singer. shes got a stong northern english accent. shes sad as she has to leacve her home town of manchester.
Personlity: she would never think of being stuck-up, shes come across as all gothic and Emoey but shes one of the most bubblyist people you could meet, shes trust worthy...and falls for boys way to eaisly.
Up for love: Hell Yea!
Other: Yea she is abit of a rebel and her quote is: What they don't know, won't hurt them.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:45 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

I would like a spot for a male if that is possible.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Name: Gregory Thompson

Appearance: He has shaggy black hair, and piercing blue eyes. He is 6'5 and has a chisled body. He has a scar that runs down his eye and onto his cheek bone. No one knows why or how he received this mark.

History: He grew up on the streets. No one really knows much about him besides he was lucky to get into a school at all.(In other words, as the story developes, or certain characters get close to him, his history will be revealed.)

Personality: He seems very rough and hard core, but he is really a big sweetheart. He has old fashioned ideals, but it takes a lot to get to those. He is also very handy with a knife. He is very street savvy, and knows what he is doing. He has a very overprotective streak and will be there for anyone he cares about. He is also very athletic and tries to get to the gym a lot.

Up for love: YES!!! Definately. :D

Other: None
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

532 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

I'm going to make another profile!

Name: Marco Regardo
Age (13-17): 14
Appearence (picture or written or both): Is very short for his age, he has blonde hair and blue eyes. HIs hair is long for a guy and extremely dirty.
History: He grew up with an older brother who was extremely tough and macho. It resulted in Marco loving wrestling and other sports like it. Marco was quite upset that he had to go to Delightful Boarding School because of his school mates. However, he was more happy as he always wanted to be in a Boarding School away from his brother and parents.
Personality: Extremely cocky, though in a jokey way. It's in his nature, but he tries not to do it. He is actually quite clever, though he doesn't really show it, he thinks he will be called a neek. It comes in handy sometimes.
Up for love: Hell Yahh!
Other: N/A

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:40 pm
Apple says...

>Tam-Tam! :D Eeep, I've decided to join this because it sounds super cool. I am going to use a profile I've already made though because I didn't end up using it. You don't mind it having a little more choices do you?<

Name:Jayce Abraham Kaleido

Nickname: (If any) Jay or Aleja kaķis (which means Alley Cat in Latvian).

Picture:
Spoiler! :

I'm sorry, I had too. :lol: Also, it's the older boy.

Written description: With shaggy brown hair and ember eyes, Jayce isn't easily missed. Some of youth looks stuck around; his chubby cheeks and curly smile are evidence of this. A few freckles speckle the tops of his cheeks and nose, though they aren't terrible bad. Jayce has an athletic build from all the intensive sports he plays. He stands at 6'1'' with a light tan complexion.

Personality: Jayce is enigmatic, aloof, stoic and a little naughty, much like an alley cat. He can also be sweet and kind, though thats only when we wants to be. He likes teasing people, especially people who are practically asking for it. Jayce is selfless and protective thus he is willing to distance himself from those he cares in order to protect them and stop them from getting embroiled in his own troubles.

Strengths: Jayce is nimble. And I don't place this lightly. Jayce can climb any height, no matter the danger, if it is a challenge, Jayce will go through with it. His strength is profound - to any normal person, though. In an overall basis, Jayce hasn't many strengths though, he is not useless.

Flaws: Jayce isn't very brainy suffering dyslexia and ADHD. His temper is horrible having him kicked out of all of his school's that he has currently been enrolled in. He will pick a fight with practically anyone whether they be a sumo/ cage wrestler or an old lady being wise about his looks. He doesn't care who gets hurt as long as he is the victor.

History: Jayce's father died from a whooping cough out break that everything when down hill. He started missing days off of school, hanging around in the bad side of town and fighting with anything that moved. Jayce was expelled from three schools before his mother fell into depression. Hospital workers were always in and out of the house, and Jayce became nothing more than a scraggly kid feeing off of food and sleeping on the couch.

Jayce ran away from his house to live with a gang of other runaways. He was given the nickname Aleja kaķis because of his abilites to steal and sneak around un-seen. It was when his grandma accidently came about his body when he was trying to act dead to thieve someone that he pulled by the ear into intensive tutoring. Taken from Michigan and placed into a boarding school, Jayce's ife slowly was grounded into three factors; School, Job, Family. Though he acts like an expensive, smart snob; Jayce is one hell of rebellious child and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty.

Up for love?:Mhmm

Theme: Kesha - Take it off.

Other: A girl from when he had been a runaway gave him this for saving her from being arrested. He had shared a special bond to her but that has all but vanished now.

Spoiler! :
I spy!

532 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:40 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

All right, let's kick this off. THose who promised profiles please post them in the D.T!

Daniel

This was it. My new life at Delightful Boarding School was about to start. My mum was being extremely annoying and kept on hugging me and giving me kisses. She was one of the people I really needed a break from. She's so, motherly.

Anyway, saying goodbye to my friends was not easy. There was this girl called Kate who I fancied, a lot. On my leaving day she told me that we could've gone out. But not anymore, she hates long distant relationships. My heart sank at that point, I'm trying to forget about it, but I can't. She liked me! Or maybe she was faking it because I was going.

When I got to the boarding school I was shown around by a few people, then I was straight to my dorm. It was quite cool meeting so many new people, a great chance to start fresh. They would never know of have much of a wuss I used to be. It's a new life...

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:51 pm
View Likes
Pernicious says...

Hmm, would it be okay for me to play the role of one of the demons? Mayhaps somebody like the headteacher that caught this.. Demon disease first and it kind of spreading it to others.

Or anything along those lines ^^.
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

111 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 pm
Kiwisatsuma says...

Clarissa

The chauffeur opened the door and I stepped out and looked at the school which was to be my home. Quite frankly, it atrocious. It could have fitted three times inside my house easily. And was that meant to be a lawn? It was scruffy and looked like it hadn't been mown for days. With a sigh I thought of home, and my pony Lissie, and my maid. And that, of course, led to me thinking about my stupid parents who didn't even know anything about me but still thought I needed to go to some stupid school to get to know other stupid kids.

"Good luck, Miss." The cheuffeur smiled at me and tipped his cap. I scowled at him. He shut the door and drove away, leaving me clutching my suitcase, standing on my own outside my new school.

With a gulp I summoned up my courage and stepped down the driveway. I could do this. Maybe I would even make some friends... But no. None of them would understand what it was like being me, and they would all hate me just because of my accent and would leave me out when they were talking about S Club 7 or whatever people who couldn't afford books and ponies did. And of course, all the boys would ignore me.

I was met at the entrance by a group of kids who showed me around, pointing out the headmaster's office and the science labs. For the best school in the country, it was sorely under-equipped. Finally after hours of trudging around I was allowed to go up to the girls dorms, unpack my stuff and lie in bed.

Delightful boarding school? Hateful hellhole, more like.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:03 pm
Apple says...

Jayce

Lying face down on my pillow, I tried to snore as loudly as I could - pretending to sleep was never one of my qualities. I could hear someone entering my dorm room; obviously my roomie. The door hinges screeched at the sound of being pushed back. This school wasn't in the best condition as the flyer had said. What could you say, hadn't the groundskeeper quit working here a few days ago? I heard a distinct sigh as my room mate bumped into my leg which was outstretched from under the blankets. I stifled a laugh and pretended to rearrange myself into a more comfortable position.

I had just arrived here a few days ago also. I was in fact there to witness the groundskeeper loosing his nut. He was screaming about everyone being in danger, most rolled their eyes and moved on, but I stuck around to watch him babble. I didn't believe him, how could danger possibly come to you at one of the most popular schools in the whole of America? But the things he had said really; game me the creeps. Of course I wasn't going to admit that; I couldn't let the ladies of this school think I was a cry baby; that's just not hot!

The sound of a duffel bag dropping by the other bed - which I had contemplated making my sofa - sent my eyes opening a crack. Hitting a strong snore, I exploded into coughing fit. The other person jumped, cursing as I scared them. Trying my hardest not smile, I put my head under my arm. I was thankful for coming to this school; it let me escape the life that I had once had. A life that was none to easy. Stealing and getting into the wrong crowds was definitely something that I wasn’t going to get involved in, again.

My room mate waddled up to the side of my bed, the sound of heavy footfalls jumped around my ears. There was an animated pause. I strained my ears to hear where my room mate had gone. Suddenly, I felt cold water explode on the side of my face. Screaming, I rolled out of my bed, my legs catching onto the sheets sending them tumbling down with me.

"That'll teach you to fake sleep!" an obnoxious voice squirmed out from behind whooping laughter.

>Room mate can be anyone. :D <
I spy!

111 Reviews

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:29 pm
Kiwisatsuma says...

Clarissa

I slept fitfully, tossing and turning, plagued by worries about what this new school was going to be like, and kept up by the snoring of my roommate. At seven o' clock I was woken by a heavy, clanging bell that rang and rang until finally I gave in and rolled out of bed. Sleepily, I ran a brush through my hair and looked around for mirror, before realising that the room was utterly bare. I groaned. On top of everything else that sucked about my life, I had a wonky parting as well now!

Twenty minutes later I stood outside the wooden doors of the main hall, waiting for the introductory assembly to begin. Of course, all it would be was explaining stupid rules and boring timetables but still, I was a little curious to see what the headmaster was like. I had heard strange rumours about him eavesdropping on the kitchen maids at home. They'd been saying that in spite of the massive success of the school he was rarely seen in public or even around at the school, preferring to stay shut away in his office dealing with his work from there. He was an enigmatic figure, that was for sure.

I noticed a few other students standing around awkwardly, looking almost as out of place as me. A skinny boy with glasses and a tall, well built guy with brown hair were standing nearby, leaning silently against the wall. Perhaps I should go talk to one of them... I ran potential conversation starters through my head and dismissed them all as stupid or boring or just plain ridiculous. Oh, what was the point. They would all be dumb boys anyway. I was better than all of them. I'd made do without friends all my life; why would it change now?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:03 pm
Pernicious says...

Name: George Wright. To his students, Sir or Mr. Wright. He is also addressed as Headteacher, for that's his job.

Appearence: George, unforunately, was the first to start this epidemic. There is nothing much to him really; he has had the disease the longest and he has obviously started to decompose and turn into a more zombie, demonish looking creature. His face has came out in boils, and most of his flesh has been torn to shreds. His arm is missing a substantial section of flesh, along with his head. His skull had cracked by itself as a result of the demonic infection; allowing some gruesome material to hang loose out of it. By now, Mr. Wright is dead, and so this doesn't matter.

Viewer discretion is advised.

Spoiler! :

History: George Wright was at first a Science teacher at the boarding school. Literally, everything was going correctly for him, until he gained a new job; the headteacher after the last headteacher past away. Stress gained controll of his life, and one night, something paranormal happened. George was feeling slightly suicidal and would allow anything to happent o him at this moment, and that was when the disease took control of him. He spreaded this disease to at least five people before actually dying himself. Those five passed the disease on throughout the boarding school and it is now an apocolypse. George, despite being dead, still remains conscious of what's going on and can manage some muffled speech, and unlike most of the zombie like demons, he has pefect hearing and vision like his former human self. Whether he can be cured or not is most unlikely since the disease has had control over him for soem time and has literally engorged itself into his mind.

Personality: George used to be the most friendly, caring and sensitive headteacher that wouldn't hurt anyone, but was strong mouthed. Now, Mr. Wright is extremely aggressive and has a death-drive. He craves flesh, blood and wants all of the students to be his demon horde and kill the rest of humanity and transform them into zombies.

Up for love: ...Uhm. No...

Other: For some unusual, George has a crowbar. He barely uses it for his teeth and hands are just as good as the crowbar in weaponary.

Spoiler! :

I'm sincerely sorry if I missed the concept of being the zombie headmaster o.o.. If I've made any mistakes or anything.. undemon like, feel free to tell me and I'll edit my profile or any following posts I make :D And sorry for this being so late x.x'!
"Lost time is never found again."

-Benjamin Franklin

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon