z

Young Writers Society

2020, such an imaginative year TAKE 2

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:32 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

This is take two of a storybook that my friend TalaPaulwic started up a few months back. I really enjoyed it, so I want to see if I can start it up again. I got permission; no worries.

Intro.
“Rabies has had a strange effect on humans nowadays,” the man on the small television screen said. “Once the humans die they rise again, as green skinned, human eating machines. These have been known as Zombies. Now these ‘Zombies’ have their own virus, one bite, and in three days from being bitten you will be a zombie yourself.”

Many people shut off this report. The zombie attacks had been minor, and as far as they could tell, it wasn’t that bad. Sure, another person had been turned into a zombie. Three zombies died when one was turned.

It’s the year 2020, medicine, and weapons, are the only things that have evolved since 2009. The zombie problem started in April, when scientists came out with “the cure for cancer.” They used another virus, rabies, to fight off cancer. This worked for a few weeks. Then they started showing signs of dying, for some unseen reason.

When they were looked at it, it looks like both the cancer, and rabies were attacking the brain. This caused the victim to slowly die. Painfully.

The first time someone had risen as a zombie was in early May. It was a mother, whom had three kids, and a loving husband. When they saw her roaming through the streets, they were overjoyed. They wrapped their arms around the mother, but when she bit into their skulls, they were rather unhappy. Two of the children died right away. The father ran with the third child.

The youngest child. This youngest child had been bitten on the arm. Three days after being bitten, she was a monster like her mother. It was heartbreaking, but the father fired on his own eight year old daughter.

Then the government was alerted when cases of Zombies were rising in several cities across America.

Nothing wrong, “This is an isolated incident.” All over the country they heard this.

These towns started getting bad, out of hand. So they simply isolated them from the rest of America. A few people managed to get out, and contaminated the other towns. By late August all of America had been overrun by zombies.

Some fled to other countries, hoping for a cure. Of course other countries were trying to avoid this, and didn’t want to have to develop a cure. Sure enough a chain reaction was started.

Our story is in America. A few survivors just hide, hoping not to die. Some try to wipe the earth clean, or at least just a single town, of the zombies. Then there are those, whom are looking for a cure, that can be spread through the air.

There is an injection, they made it in the hospitals when the virus first started taking hold of some towns. This injection can add four more days of life to the infected person.

You are either a zombie, infected, or a survivor. Will you find a cure, or hide?

Rules.
1.) No godly, super awesome fighter characters. No fun.
2.) No over powered guys, who have like a thousand weapons. Not fun either.
3.) No magic, just saying, in case SOMEONE got an idea.
4.) You can play a zombie right off the bat, yeah, cool!
5.) You can play two characters if you wish, one must be a zombie though.
6.) If your bite isn’t deadly, then you live for three days.
7.) Sure it’s like a repeat of six, but no immunity to the bite.
8.) Zombie relationships are allowed. Just keep it realistic.
Numberless Rule: If your character dies, you can make another.

More rules that I'd like to add;

I'd like people who are devoted, and won't drop out after two pages. If you're lost, feel free to ask for help. Also, please, PLEASE try to have decent grammar/spelling. Nothing bugs me, and probably a lot of other users, more than bad spelling and grammar.

If your post doesn't make sense, or contradicts something, or it portrays someone else's character in a wrong way, people have the right to either ignore it or ask you to change it.

Another problem that we had in the first one was that there were basically limitless injections that counteracted the plague, and people were using them left and right. We're cutting them out completely. If you are bitten there is a one hundred precent chance that you will turn into a zombie within a couple of days (SB time).

Race Descriptions.

Survivor:
A normal human, but is running from the zombies. They have learned how to survive well enough. It is hard, They generally live with other survivors, or are heartbroken for loss. If they live alone, chances are that they have gone insane. This is normal, and they could prove more dangerous then the zombies if they’ve gone crazy.

Infected:
This person has been bitten by a zombie. This bite was not enough to kill them, so they lived on. They normally refuse the fact that they are soon to become a zombie, and end up killing other survivors when they turn into a zombie three days later in the middle of the night. It’s just how it goes. They may also be in the search fore a cure, if this is the case they either travel in a group, or alone.

Zombie:
Someone who has fallen victim to the virus. They have died, they normally rise five to ten minutes after they die. Once they rise they contain little to no personality from who they were in life. They are rotting as the walk, and have bad motor, and physical skills. If they do retain personality, it’s just tiny fragments of memory, familiar faces. They still don’t avoid killing anyone. They want to eat, they will eat any living thing. They don’t stop at one bite, they keep going until even the bones are gone.

Profiles.

For a survivor:
Name:
Appearance:
Insane?:
History:
Personality:
Other:

For the infected:
Name:
Appearance:
Insane:
How were they infected:
Personality:
Other:

Zombie:
Name:
Appearance: (during life of course)
History: (during life)
Other:

My profile.

Name: Natalie (no known last name)

Weapons: A handgun and a machete

Appearance:

AnimeGirl36.jpg
AnimeGirl36.jpg (43.94 KiB) Viewed 289 times

Insane?: Not yet.

History: Normal, lives on the outskirts of an infected city with her father. Her mother and older brother went into the town to find food and never came back. Her father got bitten by a zombie on his forearm just a couple of days ago, and they're both waiting for the change to take effect.

Personality: She's decently friendly, but she won't hesitate to kill if she's threatened. She values friends highly, and would gladly take a bullet (or a bite), for anybody lucky enough to befriend her. She has a lot of pride, and doesn't like asking for things.

Other: Up for a relationship.

When there are two profiles posted we'll start, I'll tell you when profiles close.

EDIT: Link to DT: topic67315.html
Last edited by gsppcrocks10 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

I'm just not going to be a part of this. The people that joined are too much of Mary Sues.
Last edited by TalaPaulwic on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:28 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, so here is mine! Hope it's OK, but if not, please tell me!

Name: Nova Karna

Weapons: She has a Colt auto pistol Combat Commander (satin finish, steel frame)
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

And her tattoo--located on her right arm--looks something like this:
Spoiler! :

Insane?: She prefers the term "different"

History: She lost most of her family, but her brother disappeared, she is looking for him but she is totally is hopeless.

Personality: Determined, impatient and a little jumpy now. She watches out for herself, but she needs another person to help her. She loves to find other people, survivors that is, and she cries when she finds a person she loved that has been turned. It always makes her weak, and she is vulnerable then to the attack. She's rather caring and lovable once you prove you're not going to put her in danger with your existence.

Other: This is her necklace (her brother gave it to her before he ran off to look for others. It was lucky, and she's carried it with her the whole time):
Spoiler! :
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:25 am
ridersofdamar says...

Name: Desmond Miles

Weapons:A simple colt handgun (the top one), a combat knife and a sniper rifle with a home made silencer. He is by no means a master shot, but he is competent. He is very good at sneaking, and can make himself almost invisible at night, to the point where someone can step on him and think he is a log.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
He looks like this. He has several scars from fighting off other humans, and he never takes off the tattered jacket.

Insane?: not at all.

History: When the infection started to spread he went to the woods with his girlfriend with a lot of supplies, but another group of people had already holed up at his cabin. Desmond wanted to leave peacefully, but his girlfriend wanted to stay with them, since there were more of them. Desmond knew what would happen to her if they stayed so he pulled out his pistol and shot. In the short firefight his girlfriend was killed and he was injured. The group stole all of his food and then took off in the car, leaving him to die. After that he teamed up with another group of survivors, and they too died. This left him with a strong solitary mindset and a coldness that permeates every aspect of his life, especially his dealings with other people.

Personality: He is a man who isn't bothered by killing. He is intensely tormented by the death of his girlfriend, and it has rendered him a shell of a man, with only his anger and hate of the new world to carry him forward. He is extremely brutal and resourceful in his fighting, but in other areas he is more gentle (this can be seen by him keeping a cat at his shack). He has a fiercely solitary nature ), and he spends most of his time alone, going through the city scavenging for supplies.

Other: Up for love if you want to try and help him (he has anger issues)
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

100 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:14 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Forsakin, look at my character. xD She's a year younger than yours. You're fine, except for the whole "medieval style" and "cries blood" thing... This is the real world; things have to be, well, realistic.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:21 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Uh..I've met someone who cried blood, so it is real. And sorry, I'll edit... *doesn't understand why people can't just be happy she joins these SBs*

[ignore me, I'm emotional tonight]
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

100 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Ohh, okay. You can keep the cries blood thing then, if it's real... And I'm sorry, I just want to keep this thing realistic and not too ridiculous.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 am
ridersofdamar says...

its a deformation of the tear duct. Its not common, but it deffinately happens. The medieval armor thing I could see, but it seems to heavy. Tight clothing seems like it would be more effective (but thats your choice. In my opinion either is realistic).
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:24 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Yay! I'm older then all of you! Mwahahahhahahahahaha!
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

*cough*no one cares*cough*
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:50 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Dang, that's a bad cough, you should take something for that. :P

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

*sigh* Can we just start already? (:
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

I think it'd be good to get more then four people.

116 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

gsppcrocks10 wrote:When there are two profiles posted we'll start...

Well...
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

30 Reviews

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Quit being a woman.

I'm adding a zombie, I hope no one minds.

"He looks like a turtle who's been through the Vietnam war."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi