z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones: Ruscuers-Open-Not accepting new people

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

What Dragonet said is true so yo're just avoiding the cameras until the gates open
Live, Love, Laugh

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

>This is not going to die. NOT. GOING. TO.<

Zuri

I hiccuped and the roof of my mouth burned with bile. I spat into the bin again and laid back down. I shook one of the bars, and Jaden looked up. I could feel her fatigue.

"Jaden?" I ask, not daring to open my mouth a lot. Some vomit has decided to show up, I can almost feel it, and I'm terrified I'll spew.

"Puke first."

I do.

After shoving the bin further into the corner, I proceed to crawl back to the bars. "Jaden."

"Yes?"

"How're you feeling?"

A pause. "Okay." We don't talk after that. We've never been especially close, with her always being passed out or eating and drinking rabidly, and me on the verge of unconsciousness -or unconscious- with the amount of chemicals they pup me up with.

Bird life.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:46 pm
Dragonet says...

Thank you Ninja! *hugs*

Corbin~

The door opened and a security guard stepped out. From the look on his face I could tell that he wasn't to happy to see a couple teen aged kids, he opened his mouth as if he was going to tell us to scram, but then he looked at Bianca and his attitude changed. "Miss Manolo... I'm surprised to see you, your father didn't say that you were coming."

Bianca studied her fingernails and answered smoothly, "He forgot, his mistake." The man's eyes shifted to me. Bianca noticed the movement, she linked arms with me. "This is Corbin. He's with me."

I slipped my arm out of her's and offered it to the security guard. "It's a pleasure to meet you," I smiled. He took my hand, expecting a warm handshake, but not getting it. Before he knew what was happening, I yanked down on his arm, making him topple forward. As his head came forward, my foot came up into his face. With a sharp kick to the forehead I had him unconscious on the floor.

I looked over my shoulder to see Bianca opening her mouth to scream. But before she could let it out, Ester, who appeared out of the trunk, pulled a scarf across her mouth and wrenched it tightly. Bianca tried to fight her off, but it wasn't much of a match. Soon Ester had her pinned to the floor. "What do you want me to do with her?" she asked, pressing her knee to Bianca's back and pulling her arms up.

"Put her in the trunk," I answered, "and tie her up good, but leave the trunk open a bit, so that she can breath." Kaylee brought out a rope and tied Bianca's hands and feet. Bianca looked helpless and scared, it was really hard watching her be like this. Before she was thrust in the trunk, she turned her head and gave me a pleading, pitiful look. "I'm sorry, Bianca, but this is going to be violent and bloody. Trust me, you won't want to see it."

After taking care of Bianca, Kaylee and Ester came to my side. "We need to find the control panel so that we can open the door for everyone else." Kaylee instructed. I nodded and pulled out my daggers. "Let's do this."
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 pm
ultraviolet says...

Jaden

We stop talking. Then, I need us to talk. I can't stand the silence any longer. I don't know why; it's not like I've been living a very exciting, noise-filled life, but this... it's just too much right now.

"Zuri?"

"Yes?" she asked. We didn't talk much, so I wasn't surprised she wasn't expecting the conversation to last.

"Do you think... do you think we'll ever get out of here?"

I was crazy and stupid. Why dwell on false hope that I didn't even really have, but was desperate to make?

"I don't know."

We never did.

I paused.

"I know."

I paused again, while awkward silence met us. "Good night, Zuri."

"Good night," she said.

Neither of us was sure it was night, but it seemed the right thing to say. I slumped down on the floor and fell asleep.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

84 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:42 am
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

The three of us ran inside the building. Glancing at a random clock on the wall I said "We have about a minute or two before we get our wings back." Just then a man came our of a room and said "Hey! How'd you get in here?" He started running at us. We were about to run but I noticed a card flapping at his side. I stood still and let him slam into me. When we both toppled to the floor I quickly grabbed his wrist and pushed a pressure point, causing him to go unconscious.

I grabbed the card and turned to Ester and Corbin "We might need this." Standing up I said "The control panel is probably close by." I looked around and began listening very carefully. I heard voices coming from a room, but way to many to all be in one room.

Running up to the door I said "Guys I think this is it."
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:28 pm
Dragonet says...

>Kaylee or Ester, if you want to describe the fight that they had in the control panel room, then go ahead. I don't have enough time to describe all of the details of the fight, so I'm just going to make a quick post about AJ before I leave (I'm going to Washington DC and I won't be back until Monday)<

AJ~

I peaked through the bush that I was hiding behind. The doors hadn't opened yet and they have been in there for at least 15 minutes, I was begining to get worried. Just then the garage door opened and Ester and Corbin stepped out and ushered for us to come in. We all crept out of our hiding spots and went to them. Corbin had a cut on his arm and a small trickle of blood came from his forehead. Ester's shirt also had some blood on it. "Where's Kaylee?" I heard Blaise whisper to Ester. "She in the control room, some one had to stay behind and open the garage door for you guys." she answered. He nodded.

"Here's some keys." Corbin said throwing a pair to me and Carry. "Go down the stair case, here," he pointed to a case of stairs. "AJ, Blake, and Michael, turn left when you get to the bottom. Carry, Blaise, and Ashton, you guys go right."

"Yes sir," Michael said in mock obediance, "who put you in charge?"

Corbin stuck his tounge out at him, "Kaylee."

"Oh, excuse me, I didn't realize that you were someone so important." Michael bowed.

I saw Blake roll her eyes, "would you two stop messing around? We have work to do." Then she turned Corbin, "So how do you know that the other winged ones are down stairs?"

"Kaylee found a map on the computer, we know that they're down stairs somewhere, but we don't know which hallway they're in." He frowned. "Some where down there, there is the potion room, the testing room, a room the holds a bunch of files, and the prisener's cells.

"Ok, so what am I doing? And you and Ester?" Ellie asked.

"I think we should stay here and keep an eye on things. Make sure that no desterbs you."

Ellie nodded. "Well, lets do this." We all went in our groups and headed our seperate ways. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I turned left, Blake and Michael close behind. The hallway was dark but we managed ok. The first door we came to wasn't locked and we walked in. Nothing, just a bunch of file cabnits. The second door that we came to was locked. I pulled out one of the keys and stuck it in the handle. Jiggling it, I tried to open the door but it didn't work. "Try another one," whispered Michael. I pulled out another key, but before I could stick it in the lock the handle turned and the door opened. We found ourselves standing face to face with six scientist.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

84 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry about my last post being so short. I was being rushed off the computer.

Kaylee:

When Corbin and Ester ran out after the fight, I stepped over the limp bodies on the floor. At the chair, I dumped the guy in it onto the floor. After searching for the right switch I opened the gates.

My family poured into the building. Quickly, I began typing, flipping switches, and pushing buttons in order to bring up the camera's in the rooms and halls they were all going into. I know that I shouldn't have kept them on so there wasn't any recordings of us being here, but I needed to keep an eye on them I'd wanted to go and look for the others with them, but someone had to make sure that no one came in here and alarmed the whole building, which is huge. I'll destroy the tapes when we're done.

When pain seared through my back I glanced at the time. Adjusting myself in the seat to accomodate my large golden wings, I said to myself "Okay guys, time to be extra careful."

As I intently watched the screens I saw AJ open a door, which brought them face to face with a handful of scientists. Before I could see what happened, I felt an all to familiar familiar stab in my arm. Whipping around I tore the needle out from my arm. Luckily, the person hadn't been able to get much liquid into me.

Throwing the needle to the ground I glared at the man infront of me. He looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who he was. In a calm, and clearly a voice that is used to authority, he said "Remain calm. I'm here to help you. If I was anyone else, I would've just killed you. Now listen carefully before you do anything rash. I'm going to take you back to your cell and we'll pretend this neve-" He couldn't finish because I dropped to the ground and spun my legs around, causing him to topple to the ground.

Angry, he wiped blood away and said "You asked for it." He was about to get up when he saw the screens. His eyes widened and said with a hint of fear in his voice "You guys don't belong here anymore. He took my clothes into account and said "You-and they-how?" He gulped and said "Who are you people!? And-and how did you survive?

I then remembered him. He's the scientist that usually ended up testing on me. I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth and said "You don't remember me? Why, I'm offended." He started sweating "I've worked with a lot of Winged Ones. All they're faces look the same to me now."

I nodded with false sympathy and took out my dagger. Playing with it, I frowned and said "So you're like a doctor right?" He gave me a wary look "Kind of." Lifting up my shorts leg to show him the scars from the wolf I asked with cold eyes "Tell my doctor, does this look bad?" He started to shake a bit. I gave him and evil smile and said "But of course, you are once again shocked. I mean, we should all be dead after those wolves that you mutated were sent after us."

Tilting my head to the side I said with fake sweetness "Looks like all you ended up with was a group of scarred teenagers, giving us an awful life, and a ton of dead wolves." I sat on the desk and crossed my ankles "I'm going to tell you something doctor. You put us on the island with no food, water, clothes, medicine, and with our systems full of drugs. Then you started sending things after us. For a scientist and a doctor, that wasn't exactly a brilliant plan. In fact, it was probably the worst thing you could do."

When I rose my knife he said in a shakey voice "Please, I have a family!" Anger flashed through my eyes and I screamed "We did too!" With that I pounced on him. I didn't kill him. Just cut him up a little bit and knocked his head against the floor hard enough that he wouldn't remember a single thing about his life, including this encounter.

When I was done, I felt a little bad about being so evil. But in a strange way, it felt kind of good to let out my anger towards the scientists and all the anger that built up ever since we left the island.

*Sorry it's long. And I know this brought us nowhere, but it only makes sense for wretched memories to be brought up by coming back to this place.*
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Grr... sorry I haven't been posting, I had school. Could someone tell me where everyone is, and what Ellie is doing?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

262 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 am
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Finally! I got to knock some heads. Without hesitation, I round-house kicked one scientist in the jaw, sending them flying against the wall. By the time any of them even registered what was happening, I bashed one on the head with the handle of my dagger, knocking him out, and had another pushed up against the wall. Michael and AJ easily got the other three, though we all made sure not to do any permanent damage; just because the scientists were cruel, didn't mean that we were killers. Unless you're talking about mutated wolves. That's a whole other conversation.

We rushed past them, knowing the element of surprise was gone; I had seen one press a button on his belt. Hurriedly, we checked door after door, finding random science crap, but no winged ones. We rounded a corner and saw another dozen doors and several hallways to turn into, and the lab was starting to feel like a never ending maze, and we didn't know what evil lurked around the bend.

Jaden

I didn't know how long I had been unconscious, only that when I woke there was a lot of commotion coming from outside of our prisons. There were screams and yells and bangs and whoosh sounds that I couldn't place. It didn't matter; things ewre very dull around here, other than the whole getting-torture thing. I decided it was worth waking Zuri.

I called out, "Zuri, wake up. I think there's a fight going on!"

"Huh... what?" she asked groggily, mind not quite on this planet.

She winced, and sat up slowly, very slowly, rubbing her head all the while. She looked awful, barely better than before she got the rest. Granted, I felt that bad, if not worse, but I had this inexplainable feeling that something was going to happen. All that dang false hope.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

57 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 am

Zuri

I felt absolutely awful. Head spinning, stomach flipping, the world lurching around me. Jaden was attentive, at least, for the both of us. I crawled to the front bars and wrapped my hands around them, eyelids too heavy to look for a doctor. My stomach growled, very loudly, and I blinked before scooching up further. I wondered if today, tomorrow, whenever it was, was the day I stopped getting treated. Starved. Same difference.

I beat my wings a few times to make sure they weren't so painful as my joints were, smiled at the flash of blue in my peripherals and with a shudder, dipped my head, eyes closed. Another jolt of nausea made me feel like falling, and my stomach roiled, but... nothin'. No vomit this time around. I frowned and lifted my head, eyes opening. Jaden glanced at me sympathetically and returned to looking into the hall.

She stood, I sat. I wondered what we would look like to someone outside the lab- a long brown haired girl with slender white wings, standing firmly and staring into the black, and a girl with a shock of white hair and big blue wings, crumpled on the floor and staring out of her cell.

We looked weird, certainly.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

25 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:26 pm
View Likes
Dragonet says...

>You guys are all getting this post from washington DC, America's captitol! *is excited to be here*. Sakin, right now Corbin, Ester and Ellie are all keeping guard, just kind of watching out for any scientist that might interfear. While Ashton is down stairs with Blaise and Carry looking for the captured winged ones.<

AJ

As soon as the scientist opened the door, my body turned to battle mode. I hadn't lived on an island or fend for my life, like the other ones, so I wasn't as expeirianced, but I tried. I had enough muscle to fight a scientist, but it was Blake who took him out for me. I looked around to see that Blake had also taken out three others. "Wow," I muttered, amazed.

"I know, right?" Michael answered, I could almost here him thinking, and she's all mine.

With that problem solved, we moved on. But I knew that we probably didn't have much time before more scientist came. I quickly went from door to door with no luck. Finally we came to what looked like the end of the hallway, it turned sharply right and then right again, so it ended up going back to the direction that we came from.

Suddenly Michael pulled me against the wall and held up a finger to his mouth. I heard someone coming, and I could see their shadows comeing around the corner. Just as I was about to spring, I stopped my self, it was the rest of our group, Ashton, Blaise, and Carry.

"No luck?" Blaise asked, I shook my head. He sighed, "Some here."

Just then I noticed another door, one that was right inbetween the two hallways. I slowly walked over to it and stuck the key in the door. Causously, I opened it, and smiled. "Guys," I said, "we found them." Everyone rushed to my side. Inside were cages full of winged ones.

I rushed over to one that looked bairly alive. I clenched my fists in anger, how could anyone do this to another human being? I opened the cage with my keys and opened the door. The girl had surprisingly white hair and blue wings. She looked at me and tried to get up, but faltered. I quickly rushed to her side, "do you want me to help you?" I asked quietly. She nodded and I picked her up and carried her out of the cell.

When I looked around, I saw that Carry had freed the other ones and we were helping them out of their cages. But, just as we were about to leave a shadow fell across the door. A man in a white suit smiled evily at us, "Good, now I have more to add to my colection." with that he slammed the doors and locked them. Now Corbin, Ellie, Ester and Kaylee were our only escape.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:25 pm
Calligraphy says...

Michael Webb

Now, I was panicing, but I tried to hide it. I didn't want to end up like these people. Barely able to stand up. After about 5 minutes of silance I couldn't hold it in an more. I slamed myself against the door and when it didn't budge slowly sank down to the floor. My eyes met Blakes. She of couse had a look of calmness that didn't reasure me. She was ready for whatever would happen; I felt like curling up into a little ball. I pulled out my two daggers, and looked around us. We were surrounded by cement walls coverd in sheet rock to make it look cozy, not. I couldn't make myself look in the cages.

In a silant mutual agreement we sat back and waited. But, no help came. It had been at least two hours and there was no sign of any help. I closed my eyes letting my breathing slow. There really was no use in staying awak for nothing, but I did make sure that the daggers were fermly grasped in my hands.

A. S.

57 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:30 pm
View Likes

Zuri

I wanted to run and hide. Jaden was meant for the fierce stuff, I'd always just been the one to annoy the doctors and nearly bust down the room with pure hyperactivity. And now there were more people than there ought to be in our double-cell room. One, the dark haired one who'd carried me, for however shortly, looked.... upset, at least.

There were others, but I couldn't see them now that there was once again, no light. I crawled next to Jaden, who looked ready to cry. I let one arm flop out, offering her to lean on me. She shook her head, probably because I still looked like death's niece. I nodded weakly and swallowed down my own tears. For just that moment... for just one moment, we were getting out. Jaden wouldn't be knocked around like a rag doll, I wouldn't be shot full of chemicals and starved for weeks.

We'd be... we'd be free.

I choked on a lump n my throat, and Jaden squeezed warmth into my hand. One of the new ones, I couldn't tell which (the darkness, as I said) jumped over to me.

"Hey. What's your name?"

I had to swallow several times before my stomach stopped flipping as severely and my blood stopped roaring in my ears. I was getting worse. "Z-zuri." My voice was barely audible. Stop it, Zuri. This isn't a time to be weak!

Oh, whatever. Good god, it was a time to be weak.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

57 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:44 pm
Junglelover says...

So is everyone together, in one cell? I'm just wondering where Mitch should be.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

262 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 pm
ultraviolet says...

I think we're all in the room outside the cells, locked in by the main door, right? Or, at least that's how I'm writing my post, which is in progress on another tab.

~asofterworld.com

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered