z

Young Writers Society

The Ashheim Academy (A Harry Potter Universe Tale)

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:13 pm
Squall says...

Plot:

Some wizard historians and theorists have argued that Voldemort wasn’t the most notorious dark wizard of all time. They believed there have been many wizards, even muggles who have done far darker crimes. One such muggle was Joseph Stalin.

There was more to Stalin than what’s recorded in muggle history. He actually had some knowledge of the wizarding world, and being as paranoid as he was, he decided to take control over them. A year before Stalin was elected to be the leader of the Sovient Union, he secretly built a school for wizards and witches on the outskirts of St Petersburg. The school was called Ashheim Academy, and it was built with the intention of raising them to be part of his police force.

The school was run by members of his staff. Students there were brainwashed to be loyal to Stalin and to adhere to his communist ideals and were heavily watched over. Anyone that questioned Stalin were arrested and tortured with the Crucio Curse. There were some students who weren’t completely brain-washed, but did their best to try to avoid detection.

It was not until sometime during the Great Purge that two vigilantes dared to start a rebellion against Stalin. The first vigilante is a female student in Ashheim Academy, one of the few students who were not completely affected by the brainwashing and has an undying dislike for Stalin and his ideals. She decides she finally has enough after seeing an American (who was forced to attend Ashheim) beaten near to death by her classmates because his parents were accused communists. Being the only student in her school to have mastered Legilimency, she uses it to recruit potential members of her student resistance group called Zamechatel'ni dom (meaning wonderful or special, a group for talented children) to put an end to Stalin’s control over their school.

The other vigilante is a high ranking general that works in Stalin’s army. When on duty, he is forced to obey Stalin’s orders no matter how brutal or immoral they may be. In his free time however, he tries to sabotage as much of Stalin’s operations as possible.

Eventually the two vigilantes meet, and they band together to put an end to Stalin’s reign.

Setting:

1934 in Russia on the outskirts of St Petersburg.

The now:

An American kid is being beaten up by his classmates.

Information:

The school is run in a manner that’s similar to Hogwarts. However, there are no houses, everyone wears red uniform at all times and the school is heavily watched over by Stalin’s forces.

There are seven year levels to the academy. You start your first year as a 13 year old. Your last year (7th year) is when you are 20. Of course when you register, you are allowed to be in any year level you desire.

For now though, I want to keep it as basic as possible. More information will be revealed as we progress with the storybook.

Also note that the spell ‘Avada Kedvra’ is banned simply because of Stalin’s paranoia. He didn’t want a spell that could easily be his demise.

Concepts:

The storybook will have a feel that’s similar to the novel ‘1984’ by George Orwell, 'Animal Farm' also by George Orwell and the graphic novel ‘V for Vendetta’ by Alan Moore. It is recommended that you look those up as well as Joseph Stalin himself (and the term ‘communism’) to have a better understanding of the themes and ideals in this storybook.

Rules:

Standard rules apply (I also have a right to approval of posts and profiles).

Misc:

Please try to use correct grammar (I cannot stress this enough). Posts have to be meaningful and move the plot forward in some significant way. Please don’t write about fluff as it will make it difficult for people to enjoy this storybook and to be able to include you in their posts. I also expect some degree of commitment. I admit that I could use some work in this department, but the reason I ask this of you is that I want this storybook to succeed and to be entertaining, but that can only work if we work together.

Character sheet:

Name:

Character picture:

Character theme: (A song or theme that best represents your character)

Allegience: (Spy- Someone that works for Stalin, either as a student in the school or one of his men. Ally- A student that belongs in the student resistance group. Normal- Someone that has no connection with the above groups)

Bloodline: (Pureblood or Half-Blood)

Appearance:

Personality: (please include strengths and weaknesses)

Background:

Abilities: (magic or normal. List their strengths and weaknesses)

Misc:(Quirks, Habits or Favourite Spells)

Equipment: (Staff, Wand or Various)

If you have any questions or would like to recommend something, feel free to post here:

topic65083.html

Edit 1: Got rid of signature attack section as I felt that some people will not be able to handle this in a mature manner. I'll only give this option to those that I feel can handle this.

Edit 2: Clarified as to what a spy is.

Edit 3: Added year level information.
Attachments
tatiana008.jpg
tatiana008.jpg (109.65 KiB) Viewed 44 times
Last edited by Squall on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 15 times in total.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Animal Farm was a really interesting book! Anyway, I like your idea for a SB. :wink: ***

Name: Alesandre "Alec" Rosbein

Character picture:

Character theme: "Just Like You" by Three Days Grace - theme is: he likes to be independent and will not, by any means, conform to somebody else's standards

Allegience: Normal

Bloodline: Half-blood

Appearance: He is tall and moderately built, with shaggy brown hair and brown eyes

Personality: He is a bit hard to read. He acts cold and distant with everyone, but he's actually quite compassionate. His strengths are his strong will and diligence; it's hard to make him give up. His weaknesses include being just plain stubborn and also young, pretty girls begging for help, allies or not.

Background: ...I'll think of one later...

Abilities: Magic. He is intellectual, and oftentimes chooses not to resort to the quick-and-easy magic solutions for things. In turn, these riddle-breaking spells are weaker than his other, attack-oriented ones.

Misc: He is habitually a fighter, refusing to give up for anybody.

Equipment: He can use wands, but he prefers his onyx-tipped bo staff.
Last edited by AyumiGosu17 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:03 pm
LastPaladin says...

Name: Mark Tensa

Character Picture: http://www.amptoons.com/blog/wp-content ... models.jpg (Just make him in his teens and less pretty boy.)

Character theme: 1208 - Saint

Allegience: Ally

Bloodline: Pure Blood

Appearance: Short fair hair, messed up and rebellious. Has grey blue eyes, while being quite scrawny looking.

Personality: A smart kid, with quite a decent education, found out he was a wizard quite early on. He generally quite polite and respects adults, never speaking back. He loves riding his bike and cares nothing about politics. Being that he was in the school team in San Francisco for running he's very fast and agile, being a little too underweight. So after great excursion he grows to point he can't breath. His main weakness is how he's not a good fighter, it was dream come true when he found he was a wizard as he felt like a character from a comic.

Background: Was born in SF and lived there all his life, with his pretty zen parents, they didn't much care for stringent measures, encouraging development of his mind. Told him quite early on they were both magical. But as there were no schools in SF he had to go to a public school and for them to teach him basics.

Abilities: Agile and able to summon a ball of light (Lumintra)

Misc: Being very agile, he can avoid being hurt, but in fights he often tries to exhaust opponent rather than fight.

Equipment: A magically enfused gladius, which he uses as his wand.
Last edited by LastPaladin on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:23 am
Tenyo says...

Name: Dima Sidorov

Character theme: I'm still here- Jonny Rzeznak

Allegience: Normal

Appearance: When measured up he is average height, but his straight posture adds a few inches. He has a smart sense of style, and wears shirts even when not in uniform. His hair is blonde and straight, and hasn't been cut since last year. He also has blue eyes and fair skin.

Personality: He's an attentive student, even if not smart. He's also very poised, respectful and well mannered, towards women and elders anyway. He tends to have a strong dislike towards boys, men especially. He'll acknowledge them, but never think of them as more than aquaintances and often challenges what they say. He dislikes sweet foods and enjoys the occasional fist fight. He secretly loves and can't sleep without his fluffy blue teddybear named Ishmael.

Background: He grew up in a household with his mother and three older sisters. His father was often away at work, so his tutor played the most fatherly role in his life. Unable to fight with his siblings (as all young boys do) he used the ettiquet and manners that were strictly enforced on him to subtly compete with other males from a young age.

Abilities: He's good at dancing, playing the piano, collaberation, and he gets on well with animals. Because of his reluctancy he's useless if he has to fight a girl, and can't learn spells he hasn't read about because he copies the pronounciation wrong.

Equipment: He seems to cast spells with his hands, but actually has a wand hidden up each sleeve.
Last edited by Tenyo on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We were born to be amazing.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:31 am
Octave says...

Name: Anatolii Ivanov

Description: Dark brown hair, hazel eyes and a grim expression. Stands straight-backed. Looks stressed most of the time. Tall and well-built. Almost looks intimidating, actually.

Character theme: This, this, and especially this.

Allegiance: Spy

Bloodline: Pureblood

Personality:
Strengths:

Anatolii is quick-minded, rational and intelligent. He's logical and will not let emotion cloud his judgment. He remains calm even under the worst of situations and is never actually rattled by anything. He observes and waits for the perfect timing before striking. He's also a particularly good liar and is very fastidious about everything he does.

Weaknesses:

He's extremely arrogant and independent, refusing to work with others unless absolutely needed. Because he's logical he tends to earn the ire of others - he lacks sympathy and is almost ruthless. What no one else will do he will all for the sake of his goal. He's extremely ambitious and will not risk any idiots messing up his plans. With this guy, the end always justifies the means. He's also a perfectionist and will not leave until the mission/job has been finished, down to the last detail.

Anatolii is also, in general, fed up with life and people. Not just Stalin's people, but everyone. He's cynical and doesn't believe that what he's doing with change anything - he's around just to screw things up. He's not on anyone's side but his own.

Background: Anatolii grew up well-trained in combat by his father, who was also a general in his time. His father was one of Stalin's most trusted and when he died, Anatolii took over. Anatolii is not as skilled in magic as his father, who was regarded as one of the greatest wizards of all time, but his tactical genius also far surpasses that of his father's. Still, this didn't bother Anatolii until that happened. After the incident (which ended in his muggle fiance's suicide), he strives to become a better wizard with each passing day.

Abilities: Is able to use any weapon, camouflages with ease, can survive in the wilderness with little or no help. Is amazing at all sorts of combat. Not the best at magic duels, but he can hold his own and is pretty good at it. Not great, mind you. Just good. He's a bit deaf, however, and that makes things difficult for him sometimes.

Misc: Anatolii always organizes everything he owns alphabetically. His clothes, shoes, weapons - there are no exceptions. He's particularly fond of using expelliarmus right before casting crucio.

Equipment: Of course, there's his wand with the phoenix feather core. He also carries two machine pistols with him all the time, and hides a dagger in each of his boots.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:34 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Name: Tyler Rhodes

Character picture:
Spoiler! :

That be him while he's staring and thinking.

Character theme: Black and Gold by Sam Sparro and Hometown Glory by Adele (I think?)

Allegience: Other

Bloodline: Pure Blood

Appearance: Black hair, pale blue eyes, 5’9, medium build.

Personality: A very contemplative teen that will often sit and stare at nothing while thinking. He often questions odd things in life and if he were to put most of his thoughts in words people would think he’s crazy. He questions life and his existence often. He’s aware of this and usually keeps his thoughts to himself. He over thinks situations and because of this he’s slow to react. He is very easily distracted. He dosn't really know how to interact with people without freaking them out so he tends to keep to himself.

Background: His parents did not want children and thus kept him locked in his room and ignored him and his brother. Eventually his parents left leaving the two 9 year olds to fend for themselves. At the age of 11 they went to the wizarding school to learn magic in the name of the Soviet Union. His brother died during the Soviet famine. Tyler further became lost in his one thoughts.

Abilities: He is particularly good at transfiguration magic and knows quite a few healing spells. He is not very good in battle due to him being easily distracted. Also he hasn’t taken the time to learn many offensive spells.

Misc: He likes cand and often has Bertie Bott's every flavored beans with him. He like to eat them without looking and get surprised by the flavor. He doodles absently in all of his books.

Equipment: He has two wands, one being his given wand and the other being her deceased twin brothers.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:12 pm
Kelcia says...

Here I am! :D Finally, I'm posting this thing.

Name: Anna Kozlov

Character theme:
Prokofiev's Carnival of the Animals: Aquarium. Cool, calm, and distant.
Holst: The Planets, Op. 32: I. Mars, Bringer of War. That's mainly for her strength, and her temper, which goes off at times.

Allegiance: Normal

Appearance: Dark brown hair and tanned skin, with dark brown eyes. Short, and sturdily built, Anna stands just over five feet. She has long, quick fingers and sharp eyes.

Personality: Anna has a solemn, serious personality, and likes to do things to the best of her ability. Her weakness is that she is sometimes very stubborn, and often too serious. Her strengths are her sense of timing and her musical talent. She can be very brusque if she is disrupted while playing or writing music.

Background: Anna was raised in a large middle-class family in a small town outside of a much larger city. Her oldest brother, a strong-willed young man named Sasha, was strongly opposed to Stalin. His views often conflicted with the rest of the family’s, as they were all ambivalent to Stalin. So, in secret, Sasha packed his bags and headed for America, in order to fight oppression. Anna was very close to her brother, and so his decision caused her to think about the political and ethical position of their country.

Also, when she was young, she discovered a love and talent for the piano. At age eleven, she had begun to write her own music. At age fourteen, she was playing these pieces for wide audiences. Even when at Ashheim, she has some access to her favourite instrument.

Abilities: Magical

Misc: She keeps a small pensive beside her bed, so that if she dreams up a melody she can transfer it immediately to the pensive so she won’t forget.
She likes the spell “sanus ex meus mens,” which is rather complex, but allows her to project the sounds in her head into the air, so she can compose whole orchestral pieces without so much as a piano.

Equipment: She carries a wand (that doubles as a conductor’s baton, sometimes).

Up for love
Last edited by Kelcia on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 pm
Vanadis says...

Name: Professor Zhannochka Kaminski

Character picture:
23057.jpg
23057.jpg (45.01 KiB) Viewed 473 times

Character theme: N/A for the time being.

Allegience: Spy

Bloodline: Half-Blood, but she'll tell you she's Pure.

Appearance: Tall and wiry. Her face is young but looks stern. She styles her light blond hair back at all times, and her green eyes have a harsh glint to them. She wears her red professor's robes over a long, plain black gown, and students (and faculty) have rarely seen her in anything else.

Personality:
Strengths: She is very intelligent. She likes children and cares deeply about their education. She has no problem with going above and beyond the call to ensure they understand their material; they are the future of Russia, after all. Even though she's quite strict, if you catch her in a good mood, she'll also help students with other school subjects, and non-school subjects such as personal crises.

Weaknesses: Outside the classroom, however, she tends to have very little patience, especially with adults. Her excessive pride makes her come off thinking she's better than others. She tends to be a pathological liar--the things she is prideful about are usually not true.

Background: Zhannochka grew up with just her father; her mother died in childbirth, along with a little brother. Zhannochka was six. Her father was always very kind and caring, though strict about her studies. She is, without a doubt, a "Daddy's girl." She and her father are followers of Stalin, so he took it upon himself to help set her up with a position teaching--and gathering intelligence--at Ashheim, though she ultimately did it more to make her father happy and because of her commitment to education.

Abilities: She researches magic extensively and practices obsessively until she feels she has achieved near-perfection (if not better.) Because of this and her quick thinking, she's decent in magical duels. However, take away her wand, and she's pretty much useless.

Misc: She has the tendency to become uneasy around large groups of people, so she usually carries around an emergency calming draught. She is extremely good at covering up her lies, or fabricating them so well that few can see through. Teaches Ancient Runes, which she finds to be the most fascinating of the subjects.

Equipment: Wand: Dragon heartstring, elm, thirteen inches, pliable. She claims, however, that the core is actually the hair of a Valkyrie. She also carries around a red silk pouch filled with a set of runes, Elder Futhark, carved from rubies. This was a gift, but she won't say from whom.

If you see something wrong with this, please let me know and I'll fix it. :D
Last edited by Vanadis on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:16 pm
Bloo says...

I'll edit in this profile when I wake up.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:13 pm
Jagged says...

Name: Mikhail Mogarych Lebedev

Character picture:
Spoiler! :
resize.jpg
resize.jpg (107.85 KiB) Viewed 810 times

Character theme: Breathe Underwater - Placebo

Allegience: Other

Appearance: Tall and lanky, with messy, ashen-blond hair and reddish eyes (ocular albinism). Pale skin that bruises easily. A stubborn, sometimes cheeky look that just won’t stay off his face.

Personality: Mikhail is an odd mixture of strength and fragility. He has a very strong core of loyalty and devotion, but is not always very discerning as to who he focuses that loyalty on. He has a deep-seated need to please those he respects or loves, and will bend over backwards to perform according to their expectations, his own preferences or wishes notwithstanding, and he will leave himself completely exposed to them; while he couldn’t care less about what others might think of him, the smallest reproving look from someone he looks up to can destroy him. He doesn’t shirk away from conflict, sometimes even revels in it, as it’s as good a way as any to relieve stress and vent. He’s got pretty strong, if semi-buried, self-esteem issues. Above all he desperately wants to believe in something. Anything.

Background: Only son of a Muggle woman and a wizarding father. His mother died early after his birth, due to complications to childbirth, and his father raised him alone. With the increasing tensions in the country, his father tamped down on any use of magic, both from his part and that of Mikhail. He was opposed to the new political system, tsarist to the end, which had the unwelcome side-effect of bringing down the wrath of the police on them. It wasn’t worth execution, but deportation wasn’t out of the range of possibilities. When they came for them, his father, finding himself cornered, fought back with everything he had—magic included. The whole struggle took place under the eyes of a horrified Mikhail, and ended up with his father riddled with bullets and taking down with him two policeman and severely injuring three others. He was taken away, his magical abilities discovered, and promptly sent to Ashheim, where he had to start over, coping with the recent events by turning all the helplessness and fear into anger towards his father, and redirecting his loyalty to the current regime. He’s gone through a number of years at the school already, spending a lot of time around the military men posted there.

Abilities: He’s adequate magically, with a marked preference for defensive spells and transfiguration, and he’s meticulous enough to be decent at potions, but anything really fancy or requiring lots of magical power has him struggling. When it comes to fighting he’s known for just forgetting about his wand and using his fists. He can take a lot of hurt before slowing down, but he's not always aware of his own limits and can push himself well past them, which always end up in his collapsing catastrophically.

Misc: Never volunteers information about his life prior to his arrival at the school, and while he will answer if asked about it, it will only be reluctantly. Known for hanging around the military. Photosensitive—bright lights can disorient him for a little while. Loathes the diminutive of his name (Misha) and will take measures against being called that.

Equipment: Wand—Japanese Tree Lilac, dragon heartstring, 11 inches. Has an old hunting dagger he takes care of religiously, but he's never used it and keeps it hidden.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:50 am
Squall says...

Just to let you guys know that we'll be starting off kind of slow since I'm in exam revision mode.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:54 am
Razcoon says...

I call a spot as a spy. Will post later.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:51 pm
captain.classy says...

Spot, and I'll be a spy.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:19 pm
captain.classy says...

By the way, did you ever fix/explain the boy being beaten thing?

Name: Kisa (my storybook name)

Character picture:
Hair-Makeover-0507-4-medium-new.jpg
Hair-Makeover-0507-4-medium-new.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 757 times

Character theme: "Wake Up" by arcade fire: she hates it when children are corrupted, and just wishes they could live peacefully. That's the main reason she joined the resistance.

Allegience: Spy

Appearance: She has dark brown hair with dark brown eyes to match. She's not exactly thin, but isn't big either. She has muscles in her legs from playing soccer all of her life, and tones her thin arms (at least she thinks they are too thin) by lifting five pound weights. She likes to wear all black, all of the time.

Personality: She's a bit of a downer, and believes that life sucks and so does everyone in it. She has no friends, has never been in love, and only decided to join Stalin because he seemed to promise happiness and victory. She's very easily persuaded if someone is nice to her, yet she still has a great sense in what is right and wrong. That's why she changes her views on Communism and Stalin. And beware, because she's quick to snap on people who are pissing her off. Also, she swears often.

Background: Her parents were killed when she was young, so she was raised thinking that her aunt and uncle were her parents. When they finally told her the truth, she was so devastated that she ran off to join Stalin's army at the age of 16. She quickly flew up in ranks and respect, and was eventually trusted enough to work for a special project: Ashheim Academy. She poses as a student. She basically has two lives: she goes to school like a normal student, and then attends meetings with all of the other Spy's at Ashheim.

Abilities: The power to generate water into a powerful weapon is her strong point. On the other hand, she is very weak against fire.

Misc: She loves anything to do with water, and how it's so peaceful. What she loves most about it is that it always blends together; no matter how small the drop, if it's set on the right course, it will find another.

Equipment: she has no equipment aside from a small vile clasped to her belt that holds a bit of water, just in case she doesn't have enough in her body to save herself if needed.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 pm
Rydia says...

Name: Valentina (Valya) Ivanov
Character picture: Image but younger looking ^^
Character theme: Runaway Train, Soul Assylum
Allegience: Ally
Appearance: Long blonde hair, pale blue eyes. Valya is tall for her age and has already filled out completely from her breasts to her hips. She dresses fashionably and by all appearances is the perfect student. Only those who look close will see the cracks. She smiles too often, she wears a white piece of cloth tied around her wrist and there's just something wrong.
Personality: Valya is bold and has little sense of self control. If she wants something, she gets it, if she decides to do something, she does it. This can work as a strength or a weakness. She's enthusiastic and has a dark sense of humour and a mischevious nature. When she wants to get back at people, she does it through little things; they may not even realise it's her or that she's mad with them. Valya finds it very difficult to talk about her feelings or connect with people on a deeper level but is friendly and generally well liked.
Background: Normal childhood at first, lived with her family and brother. Then three years ago her brother spoke out against Stalin, just something little, a tiny thing really but it resulted in his imprisonment. Before he was taken away, he asked Valya to remain pure of heart and she wears the white band on her arm, hidden under the sleeve of her uniform, to remind herself. Earlier this year, Valya fell madly in love with one of the other students but was surprised when he revealed his true personality. He's a bully, he's nasty and he takes advantage of her good nature. She's in over her head and is suddenly seeing what her brother saw. Stalin's rule is breeding people like this and they're everywhere and it scares her.
Abilities:
Magical: Best at Potion creation and offensive spells. Valya is very quick to react and has excellent aim. Her weakness is in defense magic which she never seemed able to master.
Normal: Valya is quick on her feet and not opposed to running or throwing herself out of the way of a spell, no matter how unprofessional that may look.
Misc: Valya has a love of polyjuice potion as it allows her to be someone else for at least a little while. She isn't against taking a hair from a friend's pillow or from someone who she knows spends a lot of time in their room/ the library. She's good at getting her hands on the ingrediants as daddy runs a potions shop.
Equipment: Valya keeps her wand tucked up her sleeve and carries a staff around with her. It isn't a magical staff, just a normal one but as far as the other students are aware it's her wand. She isn't against hitting people over the head with it.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love