z

Young Writers Society

The Shadow People

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri May 28, 2010 6:58 am
ForsakenAngel says...

The year was 1503 when the first shadow was spotted. A dark figure said to move around in the darkness. One never sees a shadow's face because they would be killed if they got that close. These people are said to be dangerous and depressing to think about. Not all of them were shadows from birth, but most of them were.

Now, the year is 1802. Much has changed over the course of time. The shadows have been tamed, then they became free. Now, the government attempts to catch them and experiment on them. Now, all of their lives are at stake. They aren't human, they can't escape the darkness, and they mustn't talk to the humans.

You are one of them. You and some of the others do not like the rules, but what can you do? Fighting will get you killed, going out of the dark will get you taken away, and talking to a human will get you dissected. You and some of the others band together, lurking in the dark forests next to a small town, preying on the humans, your food, as you would normally, but secretly, you all join during the night while the others ransack homes and discuss your plan.

Will you stay like the others? Will you let the government control you? Will the others turn you in? Will you and your clan survive?

Character Profile:

Name:

Description/picture:

Dislikes:

Skills:

History:

up for love?:

other:

*We need two clan leaders, a co-captain of the clan, and a bunch of clan members* First to call clan leaders, just put *Clan leader next to your name. Only the first two who decide they want it can have it, and only the first one who wants to be the co-captain can be co-captain. Please join! The more the better! And if you know anybody that might want to join, please let them know!

Pairs:

Spoiler! :
this is a list of pair we'll have for the romance part:

Ash *forsakinshadow*--Ryan *Apple*

Ariel ^Ama^ Mara *Isha*--Mitch *Junglelover

If you have a problem with the arrangement, PM me and I'll see what I can do! And as we get new characters, I will post them up here as they come, so feel free to make as many as you want!

*Any questions, just PM me!*
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri May 28, 2010 8:46 am
Apple says...

I'm totally save a spot in this! I absolutely love the 1800's. But you already know that :) . I'll post later though.
I spy!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri May 28, 2010 1:51 pm
Junglelover says...

I want to make a Character! but I can't right now. :(
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

116 Reviews

Fri May 28, 2010 5:59 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Go ahead and make as many characters as you want! :wink:
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Sun May 30, 2010 2:06 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Name: Ash

Description/picture: like the picture.

Spoiler! :
Imagethe heart thats on her chest is her tatoo

Likes: People who aren't afraid to show their true personality.

Dislikes: People who hide their feelings and thoughts in.

Skills: She is skilled in combat, and can use any weapon.

History: Has three older brothers, and no sisters, parents gone. She loves her brothers, even though they are very mean to her. Only her older brother is nice to her, and defends her.

up for love?: Yes

other: Has a pet racoon
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:04 am
Apple says...

Name: Ryan Macentosh. The Mac is a nickname he picked up from a few needy girls around the bars. Whilst to high ministers daughter he is thought of to be; Sir Ryan of England. A lie he spins ever so fragiley.

Description/picture:
Spoiler! :

Likes:Girls. What more is there to say. He lives and breathes for them. Girls is his wanting and he'll do practically anything to get what he wants. And I mean anything. Once he has a girl in mind, he won't stop till he is done with her.

Dislikes: You could say practically everything else. He is a voilent flirt and most people hate him. Retaliating to this, Ryan hates everyone else back. To the girls that blame him, he cannot stand them.

Skills:Charming, his one and only favoured talent. He is a horrible fighter and can easily be beaten down, though he has a way with words and can charm the coldest of hearts.

History: Ryan doesn't know his own past because all his life he has been lying to everyone about how he was raised. It has become so much of a heavy weight to his that he often can't remember where he is.

up for love?:Yes; if you can tame him.
I spy!

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Thank you! Alright, I need Junglelover to post her character profile...then, depending on what gender, we'll need one more before we begin!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:09 am
ArcticMonkey says...

Name: Carrie Wolf Clan Leader

Description/Picture:

She has black hair with read higlights. She is fairly tall, she has lots of freckles.

Likes: Painting, it's the only way that she expresses her creativeness.

Dislikes: Romance. She hates the idea of ever having a boyfriend.

Skills: She is skilled in fighting but not very good with weapons

History: She has two younger brothers and no sisters. She id alot of the work around the house because her parents were always out.

Up for love? No
CatarinaJeherolongspikeyhair.jpg
I found a pic XD
CatarinaJeherolongspikeyhair.jpg (34.41 KiB) Viewed 395 times
Last edited by ArcticMonkey on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:05 pm
JustisMarez says...

Character Profile:

Name: Mia

Description/picture:

Dislikes: Snobs, cheaters, liars, rude people.

Skills: Run fast.

History: Parents died when she was young and she is an orphane.

up for love?: No

other: Has a pet Tiger.(:
airica-macabre--large-msg-120640371063.jpg
Looks like her.
airica-macabre--large-msg-120640371063.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Peace, love, and pudding. <3

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 pm
Junglelover says...

Name: Mitch

Description/picture:
mens-hairstyles-picture-005.JPG
mens-hairstyles-picture-005.JPG (62.06 KiB) Viewed 386 times

Dislikes: When people are mean to his horse and people.

Skills:Riding horse and fighting.

History: Has been in an orphanage sense he was a baby. but ran away when he was 10.

up for love?: yes

other: Has been on the street sense he was 10. He has a Friesian (that's a horse) named Shadow.
BARON CANTR TEST.jpg
BARON CANTR TEST.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:11 pm
eldEr says...

Character Profile:

Name: Ariel Mara (Those she's closest to call her Ama)Clan leader

Description/picture: (Couldn't find a picture so:) She's got straight brown hair that runs to just below her shoulder blades. She has side-bangs that are fringed in blue and hang over her right eye. Her eyes are bright blue and one of them has a small birthmark in the iris roughly the shape of a heart.

Likes: Nature, romance, roses, cold weather, rain, lightning, blue, stars, the moon, snow, ice, books, music, dance

Dislikes: hot weather, thunder (sort of not a good thing considering she loves lightning), play-boys, death

Skills: She is an incredible dancer and musician. She plays tons of different instruments, her best being flute, lyre, violin and guitar. She also has a beautiful voice. She's very strong and excells at hand-to-hand combat. She's okay with certain weapons, but prefers to go without them if she can help it. She's also quite good at climbing and swimming.

History: her long-range combat isn't the greatest...at all. She's also very cold towards people she doesn't know well.

up for love?: Ummm...DUH! YES!

other: She has a pet eagle named Carlo and is never found without her notebook and pen.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:27 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Now, if everyone would look at the top, I've posted the pairs...I know there's only two,but as they come, I'll post them! Also if you have an idea for the plot, PM me so we can discuss it! Thank you!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 am
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, official START MODE!!

~Ash~

The clan and I moved through the darkness slowly, Ama in the front, leading us to safety. We all had cloaks on, covering our faces. We barely had any darkness this time of day for us to move on, so the cloaks were a necessity. There were a few humans lurking near the darkness, leaning on the walls where the shade was, making us have to step into the sun. I hid my face from them, all of them. We passed another clan, standing farther in the darkness. This would be Carrie Wolf's clan. We passed them without looking back, a few of their eyes falling on us as we hurried by.

I recognized a few of their faces, hidden under the dark red cloaks. I saw Carrie in the front, Mitch next to her, and farther away was the rebel. Ryan wasn't too big on authority, but who in the two clans was? He was the ladies man, so to speak. I simply rolled my eyes at him as I saw him leaning against the wall, a human girl with him.

I was sure he was a nice guy to be around...after you've known him for a while. We continued to walk, turning a corner into the alleyway. It was dark there, a safe spot to hide until it was night. We made ourselves at home. Seeing in the dark was one of our specialties. You have to be able to do that, or you're not a shadow.

I waited and watched as the human population outside died down to maybe one or two on each block, and the light was completely gone. Then, we joined up with the other clan for a meeting.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:31 pm
eldEr says...

**sorry it's so short!**
AMA

I grinned at the others, bowing dramatically. Why? I'm not so sure, it just seemed to suit the moment rather well. "Ashes to ashes," I whispered, still grinning.

They all raised an eyebrow at me. "You feeling okay there Ariel? Wrong occasion," Mitch muttered.

I shook my head. "Nevermind. I'm in a dramatic mood. Now, shall we call this meeting to order?"
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:02 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Clare

Description/picture:
Spoiler! :
Image That's her dress
Spoiler! :

Dislikes: Hiding, arguing, lies, most humans (even if they are interesting to watch)

Skills: Is swift and agile, can move without being seen, is strong for her size

History: She has always been with Davis, that she can remember, but she doesn't remember anything else about her past.

up for love?: NOO! She is with DAVIS! but if she knew that he was lying to her, then yes she would be.

Name: Davis

Description/picture:
Spoiler! :

Dislikes: Humans, Clare's interest in humans, most shadow people

Skills: Lying, and he is very strong, and caring, unless he feels the need to lie to you

History: He knows Clare's past, but she hated him. So when he found her with amnesia he kidnapped her and told her they were together. Of course she believes him. He had a big family, but he didn't get along with them, so he ran away from them.

up for love?:nope, he has Clare right where he wants her.

other: He won't tell just anybody about Clare's past, only the people he trusts
Last edited by SisterItaly on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights