z

Young Writers Society

The Randomness Battles

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu May 27, 2010 2:36 pm
Howler says...

Back a few months ago, there was a storybook called "Nate's Dead". This was originally one of the most popular SB's that people were signing up for. A majority of the posters, however, were myself and Foxfire. We were fighting in an epic battle, involving an army of puppets, a magical electric guitar, a giant flying Pokemon, and an assassin. It was hectic, not relating to any story, just fighting and nothing else.

And I LOVED it!

So, I want to do it again. I'm looking for any people who just want to fight, using anything that they want. You want a flying motorcycle? Go ahead! You want super powers? Go ahead! You want to fight in a city-sized Moonbounce? Go ahead! Do whatever you want, but there are only three rules.

1) You're equipment and appearance have to be mildly unique to everybody else.

2) Absolutely no story. No backstories, no rebellions, just full on fighting. That's all that I want sometimes.

3) People cannot win a battle without the opponent's permission. You can write your own defeat at any point, and if you want to fight somebody else, you'll be put in the que and fighting somebody else soon enough, at random or by your own request, if you wish.

Here's a profile outline! You're playing as your YWS self, so no name is required. Items can be absolutely anything, from a magic beach ball to a giant mythical dragon. It's the randomness battles, and they are supposed to be random! You could even BE the dragon or the beach ball if you'd like. Do anything, be anything, use anything. You're free to do whatever you want! It's the randomness battles!

Appearance/Picture:
Skills/Powers:
Item 1:
Item 2:
Item 3:
Theme Song (Optional):
Battle Requests:

It's just that simple! So people, please join. I want to start a fight, and I want to start one with you!

Have a lucky day, everybody.
Last edited by Howler on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

50 Reviews

Thu May 27, 2010 2:57 pm
Howler says...

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
HNI_0021.JPG
HNI_0021.JPG (60.54 KiB) Viewed 231 times
This is actually me, wearing my Mad Hatter Hat and Jacket over my Motley Crue concert shirt and jogging pants.

Skills/Powers: Incredible acrobatic jumping skills and an incredible running speed.

Item 1: Season Beater;
Spoiler! :
This blunt, physical weapon is enfused with MAGIC to allow it to make the nearby surrounding area colder, hotter, windier, or leafier. The weapon itself can be used to provide physical and medium ranged blasts/bursts of ice, fire, wind, and razor sharp leaves.

Item 2: Tyrant's Tea Tray; The tea tray being held in the picture. Whenever it's spun on my finger, it gives off an aroma around me that makes anybody (besides myself, of course) who smells it feel drunk and drowsy. Try not to get too close, or you'll be wide open for a hit.

Item 3: Mad Hat; the top hat I'm wearing in the picture. It's like a bottomless sack on my head. I can take it off and hide all my stuff inside so I'm not holding it at all times, even if it's too big to fit. Not really a battle item, but a practical one, nonetheless.

Theme Song (Optional): Crowd Chant, Joe Satriani (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRX-EXR3_U)

Battle Requests: Opponents, and a lot of them.
Last edited by Howler on Sat May 29, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu May 27, 2010 4:32 pm
ultraviolet says...

SOUNDS FUN!!!!!! Randomness is my middle name.... Well actually that's Diane, but you get my point. CHEESE! :pirate2:

Appearance: Like the picture, but I'm happy, and peppy, and randomness and stuffs.

Spoiler! :

Skills/Powers: I can fly OBVIOUSLY. I have WINGS. The ability to shoot little puffballs of horror (aka guinea pigs) out of my hands.

Item 1: Bright blue rain boots with green soles which give me the ability to be waterproof in any kind of weather. *No umbrella needed*

Spoiler! :

Item 2: A container of blue sprinkles. A shake over my head, and I am transported anywhere I want to go. (In the picture, it is the blue container.)

Spoiler! :

Item 3: A magic pink and zebra hair dryer that has a lot of buttons I'm not sure what they do. Sometimes I just press them randomly and see what happens.

Spoiler! :

Theme Song: Fireflies by Owl City. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfYNkk82hQ

Battle requests: ANYONE AND EVERYONE! BRING. IT. ON!!!!!!!!
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

50 Reviews

Fri May 28, 2010 1:03 pm
Howler says...

Join, little monkeys of the YWS!!! I order you to, under the authority of nothing!

Oh, and have a lucky day, of course.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat May 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

*saving a spot as...myself :D *
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:23 am
TexanWriter says...

I wanted to join this the first time you posted it, so here I am now. *claims spot*
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

50 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 am
View Likes
Howler says...

Yay, this might live after all! Join away, my friends!
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Appearance/Picture: Short, Asian, medium layered black hair, dark brown eyes

Skills/Powers: Invisibility, archery, and other Ranger skills

Item 1: Bow, quiver, and arrows

Item 2: Massive longsword too big for me to really pick up

Item 3: Boombox

Theme Song (Optional): Game On ~ Disciple

Battle Requests: Bring it on!
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:45 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Appearance/Picture
Spoiler! :
:
hehehe.jpg
hehehe.jpg (24.15 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Skills/Powers: Can control the element water (is limited). Can become a mermaid :D Is awesome at graffiti. :) She doesn't have any real skills. Except she can capture moments in pictures with her blue camera
Item 1: This bag is endless. She can fit anything into it.
Spoiler! :
P2ZA5XCACXUVLVCAAZSEINCAH9JM74CAKTTDTRCA4G4UJDCABAUKMBCANEOWYTCA8NE1JVCA0H16O9CAL5O9K5CAFPZY3PCADQ8ECNCAIHVGMECAIG7SPFCA9FAIXNCADFYL3DCA6BVS41CAL37FED.jpg
P2ZA5XCACXUVLVCAAZSEINCAH9JM74CAKTTDTRCA4G4UJDCABAUKMBCANEOWYTCA8NE1JVCA0H16O9CAL5O9K5CAFPZY3PCADQ8ECNCAIHVGMECAIG7SPFCA9FAIXNCADFYL3DCA6BVS41CAL37FED.jpg (2.94 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Item 2: This is her fish Gilbert. Or just Gill. The water Gill is in has healing powers. Not anything big like broken bones, but like cuts, slivers, and headaches.
Spoiler! :
Fish_Jar.jpg
Fish_Jar.jpg (19.62 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Item 3: The song she is wearing in the first picture often holds things that help her. . . Sometimes it even turns her invisible!
Theme Song (Optional):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA
Battle Requests: !Fun!

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:21 am
TexanWriter says...

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

For the record, I don’t look anything like this. This is TexanWriter.

Long blond hair and light, slightly tanned skin. Wears a black masquerade mask, gold hoop earrings, navy cowboy hat with a gold rim, black shirt, dark brown cowboy boots, blue jeans and brown leather chaps. Has red painted nails and the belt of her chaps has a big gold belt buckle.

I just spoke in third person. What a habit I have.

Skills/Powers: Can “yee-haw” at a pitch that will leave you temporarily disoriented and with ringing ears. But it hurts to yell that loud, so it can only be done once every five minutes.

Item 1: Lasso – Think Wonder Woman’s magic lasso. Once it’s around you, it’s a boa constrictor. Even if the aim’s a little off it manages to hit its mark. Is surprisingly long.

Item 2: Corn Chip Breath of Doom – Formed through a love of Tex-Mex, this breath can be smelled up to ten feet away, causing very watery eyes and a strong hate of corn chips.

Item 3: Hairbrush – Creates a powerful static cling after one swipe through hair, and acts as a last resort bludgeon.

Spoiler! :

Theme Song (Optional): So Insane by Smash Mouth

Battle Requests: I’d like to fight anyone anywhere. See how picky I am?

Everything okay here?
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:41 am
TalaPaulwic says...

Appearance/Picture: Fairly tall, orange hair, blue eyes, a tad bit pale, muscular, looks tired.

Skills/Powers: Source of all evil, however god took away her inability to feel pain, and most of her god powers, so she's stuck as an immortal summoner. (She can still be defeated.)

Item 1: A rotting human hand that she keeps around her neck.

Item 2: A bag of sand.

Item 3: Pepper spray.

Theme Song (Optional): I wanna be your man.

Battle Requests: Anyone who has spoken to Gsppcrocks10, role-played with her, or her if she joins.
EDIT: As well as the mad hatter person, a fight like that is bound to be interesting.
EDIT 2: Anyone who likes modern music, and Twilight.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

50 Reviews

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 pm
Howler says...

So, my plan is to start this soon, and to start with duels between everybody we have at teh start. We'll keep accepting people, and so they'll just be helicoptored into a random one of the duels going on, to play as the third, extra combatant in the middle of the battle. I don't know if we'll get too many more people, but this has stayed on a pretty solid (yet slow) gaining rate, so this sort of system I think will work well enough for us to get going sooner than later. So, yeah. Figured I'd give you guys the update. This thing is going to rock, I'm telling you. Thanks if you've joined already and thanks if you're going to join.

And as always, have a lucky day!
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:27 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

When are going to start .... no more people are joining . .. . . sorry I am like REALLY into this storybook!

50 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:45 pm
Howler says...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, writers who I'll probably incorrectly state their gender (as I have with almost EVERY SB I've ever been in), let us BEGIN!

Battle A
Arena:
Spoiler! :
TalaPaulwic VS. Howler

Battle B
Arena:
Spoiler! :

TexanWriter VS. ultraviolet

Battle C
Arena:
Spoiler! :

Ranger Hawk VS. ArahniaSiddel

Begin at your own leisure, everybody. And enjoy a fun bit of fighting.
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:15 pm
ultraviolet says...

I walked the arena looking for my prey--er... opponent. It was a giant bowl of dirt with ring after ring after ring carved out of its side. It reminded me of a great big dirt stadium. And dry to the bone. My water proof boots were going to do me a lot of good here. Oh, well. I still had my sprinkles and hair dryer. Those would be very useful.

I hopped down a few more dirt rings and surveyed the arena. Just then some old west music--the kind you heard when the sherrif was in a showdown with the villian--made it's way to my ears. I turned around slowly and saw, a hundred feet up, on the topmost layer of dirt, my opponent--TexanWriter.

The sun was behind her, giving her an outline of gold, and the wind was blowing her hair towards me. The music played on. She fingered her lasso and tilted her hat.

"Howdy Partner," she said. Then she spit tobacco at her feet. Game on.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke