z

Young Writers Society

Runaways! (started, no spots left)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:14 pm
RayneChild says...

Oh my gosh, I'm soo sorry that I haven't been posting! :oops:

I'll try to get something up as soon as I can! :)
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Um I am kind've confused can someone please explain whats going on? *is sorry*
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:45 am
untameabletiger says...

Ladyofthedeathroses wrote:Um I am kind've confused can someone please explain whats going on? *is sorry*

The "trouble" characters are finding out their mission... it's basically building up from close to the the beginning.

7 Reviews

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:09 am
untameabletiger says...

~Krystal~

Her eyes glanced cautiously around the small hotel room,as she memorized every detail. She walked to Natalie, she smiled as she saw the phone ID.

"Answer it Nat! You know you want to." Krystal said in a playful way as she turned to walk to the chair, right beside the window.

Proceeding, she sat, and drew out several escape plans. A noise in the hall made her alert,she shoved the plans into her bag and plopped on the amazingly soft bed, and glared at the door. Me and my stupid paranoia. she thought to her self.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:41 pm
RayneChild says...

Damien

The ringing phone rang in my ears, louder and louder, it seemed, with every chime.

'C'mon, c'mon, pick up!' I thought to myself urgently. Then, finally...

There was a long pause. "Hello?"

"Finally," I breathed quietly. "Natalie? Thank goodness. Where are you? Are you with your sisters? Are you safe? What's going on?" It didn't occur to me until after awhile that bombarding her with questions probably wasn't a very good idea.

"We - we're fine. We had to get away. And I..." there was another long pause, and I assumed she was looking to her sisters for some kind of response, "...I don't think I should tell you where we are."

I rolled my eyes. "Please, Natalie. I'm not going to tell your parents - believe me." The girls' parents had never really been too fond of me. Even less so than they were of their daughters. "I'm worried about you guys. Please?"

There was another pause.

---

Okey doke... I'm really sorry I didn't post when I said I would, but I hope this will get things going again :)

~Rayne
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

7 Reviews

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:05 am
untameabletiger says...

~Krystal~

Obviously by the lack of talking,something was wrong, so i grabbed the phone from Natalie.

"Hello?" i asked in a worried tone.

"Krystal? It's just me,Damien."

"Oh. " i said with relief.

"Where are you?Do you need anything?"

"um in a hotel in Alabama i think, and no we don't need any thing. For future reference, you should try asking less questions"

I handed the phone back to Natalie. Then relaxed on the open, big bed that had been waiting for me all night. I was slightly awake, because i could still her Natalie's voice, but soon, i slowly fell into a deep, needed, sleep.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:33 pm
Sapi says...

* I'm really sorry everyone! I've been on a trip for the past month and I didn't have access to a computer!*

Miriam

After I could hear Krystal's soft, whispering snores, I almost fell down on the spot, realized just how tired I was. I collapsed on the magnificent, comfy bed, not even taking my shoes off. I could myself drifting into lalaland, and my eyes slowly closing, when - "Knock, Knock, Knock"!

I almost jumped out of my dirty jeans as the sharp rapping at the door brought my senses wide awake. I lay in bed for a few seconds, breathing quietly. Then I jumped out from under the sheets and cautiously walked toward the door. Natalie had fallen asleep in her chair, and an open book lay in her lap. The telephone she used to talk to Damien was on the table beside her. I shook her awake.

"Whah..." she murmered, then her eyes snapped open, alert. Eyes wide, I put a finger to my lips.

"What's happening," she whispered in so quiet a voice only I could possibly hear it. That was when she noticed the harsh Tap, Tap, Tap at the door, which had not stopped yet.

I could see her eyes widen as rapidly as mine had.

"I'll check the peephole," I breathed, and crept towards the locked door. The knocking got louder.

Holding my breath, I put my eye to the little hole, and - I almost had a heart attack.

Standing outside was a small, nervous-looking hotel clerk, a young man and woman, who looked not as small but just as frightened, a buff man dressed in black, and two fully armed police officers.

I just then realized I hadn't been breathing for about a minute. Without thinking, I let out a huge, gulping breath.

Then it came over me that that probably wasn't the best idea.

A gruff voice said, "We can hear you, Miss. We know you're in there. This'll all be easier if you just come right out with your sisters."

Yeah right.

Window, I mouthed to Natalie. She nodded.

Only problem was, we were on the 6th floor.
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

117 Reviews

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:44 pm
Sapi says...

Alright guys, I'm just going to delete the last Trouble Character, because the spot has been open for a couple of months now, I believe, and no one has taken it. There will only be four Troubles and no spots left.

12 Reviews

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Someone Pleeaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee bring me I am so helplessly lost it isn't funny anymore.

117 Reviews

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:41 pm
Sapi says...

The girls are at a hotel, and the trouble characters have tracked them down. They might or might not escape. By the way, if you need a hint as to how to start in, the friends are there to help the siblings, and vice versa if needed. :D

12 Reviews

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:36 am

Raven
I found a fire escape and quickly climbed it holding my breath and keeping my weight off of my feet. It only went up to the fifth floor so I hissed as quietly as I could "Miriam it's Saphire." She opened the window and looked down shocked at me. "If you guys jump down I can catch you." I hissed quietly. "Your crazy." She hissed back. "You don't have another choice." I replied calmly holding out my arms. She was about to argue then sighed and dropped their stuff down and I caught it and set it next to me. Natalie jumped out and I caught her my knees buckling slightly under her weight. "You ok?" I asked her under my breath. She nodded. Miriam jumped down next and I gasped quietly as my knees completely buckled my arms trembling under her weight. "Are you ok?" She said as loud as she dared. I nodded. "Fine." I gasped quietly. *Sorry it was the only thing I could think about*

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian