Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 pm
View Likes
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Anika

Now that Kaylee and I were shopping together, things were a lot better or, as Blaise said, 'a heck of a lot better'. I giggled a little at that as we walked down the long halls. Everything was so- new! Shiny! I had never been in a place as cool as this...

How are you doing? Came Ellie's voice.

Great! We left Blaise run off and try to catch up with everyone else, and Kaylee and I are shopping, I thought excitedly as we walked (skipped, in my case) into a store.

I could hear Ellie laughing in her thoughts.

Blaise

I was on my own but didn't really mind all that much. Kaylee and Anika were having fun, and I was pretty curious about humans... which, as unethical as it might seem, was a good reason for me to eavesdrop.

I was hearing some pretty weird conversations... so instead of discussing how to survive, humans discussed... relationships and how pissed off they were. Huh. Go figure.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 pm
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Michel

I caught Blake's arm. "Hey, I'll buy."
"O.K." I felt really self conscious, and I kept feeling the metal. I saw that Blake kept glancing at me."
"You dyed and your hair?" She asked sceptically.
"Yeah, you like it?"
"Sure..."
"You don't do you?"
"It's O.K., but I hate your stupid lip piercing. It makes you look like one of those guys that are full of themselves... One of those guys I hate." Goose bumps rose on my arms as we waited in line.
"I'm one of those guys..." I trailed off. She looked up at me.
"Whats on your back?!"
"uhh," This wasn't the right time for her to notice my tattoo."I got a purple dragon."
"Blake's hand dropped out of mind, and she gave me a look of disbelief and frustration.
"You, you!!.." Now she was plain angry. I took a step back and glanced at Ellie and Ashton. I desperately needed them not to be here.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:43 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Inside I was absolutely fuming. What the heck was he doing? Hair, tattoo, piercing! OK, I had to admit the hair was him, and the tattoo was pretty awesome--though I'd never tell him that--but a piercing? A LIP piercing? Did he really expect me to kiss someone with a LIP piercing? Mental, that's Michel for me.

"You're lucky we're in public," I muttered. "Also, that I left my daggers at Ashton's."
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:10 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

"Calm down Blake. I got my lip pierced too, and a tattoo. Is that a problem to you?" She looked at me like I was stupid. Maybe not the best time to tell her thirteen year old sister got a tattoo.

"You got a tattoo? And you're thirteen?" She tried to calm her voice, but it didn't really help any.

"You're not my mom for one, and why do you care? I can have whatever I want on my body thank you very much," I argued. She shook her head, her face becoming gentle.

"I know I'm not mom. And I know you wanna be who you wanna be. I'm not going to even try to change that. But seriously, you're thirteen, and you have a tattoo. Let me see." She was demanding all of a sudden. I lifted my shirt a little to show her. She smiled halfway, the frowned. Maybe she was happy that I was taking care of myself and getting the things I wanted on my own. I didn't know, but Ashton was happy so I was happy. Blake wasn't ruining my evening.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:23 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Blake

Did they not get the situation we were in? We were on the run. Sure, we had a stop, ate, got cleaned up, but our lives weren't normal. And you can't just go off and get a tattoo. I can't believe the guy did it; didn't they have like an age limit or something, without a parent there?

And anyways, sure, hair and tattoo, those were one thing. But a piercing? You had to take care of those, but the liquid healing stuff on. Be responsible. Those things get infected all the time.

Was I the only one that realized we weren't on a family vacation? Did we have any clue what we were going to do next, where we were going to go? Plans needed to be made. And those plans did not include getting our lip pierced.

Yeah, blah, blah, blah. Sure, that stuff was important, but that wasn't the main reason I was upset. Actually, I couldn't care less about that stuff on Ellie; I'm not her mom. She can do what she wants, and as long as she doesn't end up dead or anything, I'm fine with it.

But Michel. He knew how I felt and still did it. Did my opinion mean nothing to him? If there's ever something really important, a decision, will he just ignore my input and do whatever crazy, spontaneous thing he wants?

Also, I still wasn't too sure about kissing someone with a ring on there lip. Could just be me.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

116 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

"Blake, why don't you and I go shopping on our own?" I suggested. I was trying to make her focus on something else but I don't think she wanted to ease her mind. She wasn't helping any.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:05 am
View Likes
Dragonet says...

A.J.~

I looked over my shoulder to see that the FBI and those mad scientist guys were still hard on my heels. I was sweating and running hard trying to escape them. My left hand was holding a knife and I was using it to cut the ropes that were holding my black wings together. Up ahead I saw a mall and I ran for it, thinking that I could lose my chasers in the crowd. "Out of my way!" I yelled frantically as I shoved through the crowds of people. They screamed and scurried out my way. Everyone was looking at me with terror because the knife, but mostly because of my wings. I even saw an old lady faint.

"Hey kid, stop where you are!" One of the cops yelled at me. I don't think so I thought as I sprinted faster. I had heard stories about what happened to winged ones like me, I didn't know how much of them were true but I didn't want to find out.

My left hand was hacking at the bonds on my back and finally, finally, the ropes broke. Yes! Looking over my shoulder, I saw that mall security had joined in the chase. They're getting closer I thought worriedly I had better- upf! I ran head long into a girl and we crashed like a train wreck. We fell hard and I landed on top of her. The girl had brown hair and was entired completely in blue. But I didn't have time for introductions. I quickly jumped up and continued to run.

Corbin~

Me, Ester, and Carry found everyone sitting down at the food court. And, man! Piercings, died hair, and tattoos; I hardly recognized them. To tell the truth I was kinda disappointed but oh well, I didn't run their life. We all got some lunch and sat down. I got a hot dog, chicken tenders, root beer, and cookies for desert. Yum! I loved junk food!

We were all sitting down, eating lunch, and showing off our new clothes; when suddenly I heard a commotion up ahead. The crowds were splitting up, fast, and everyone was screaming. I heard a cop yell for a kid to stop. Yea right I thought like that will ever happen. Cops can be so dumb sometimes.

Suddenly a black flash zoomed past me and ran head-long into Carry. I stared at the culprit in amazement, he had wings! He was a winged one, just like us! I looked behind him to see FBI, mall cops, and scientist chasing him; he was running for his life. He quickly scrambled off of Caroline. Next thing I knew, he jumped up on our table, spread his wings, and lifted up to the air. But wasn't fast enough. An FBI was on his heels, he jumped up and wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him back to the floor. The kid started struggling, but it was useless, by now three people were already on him and more were coming.

"Come on!" I yelled to everyone. "We have to help him." We all sprang into action.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:10 am
View Likes
Apple says...

Ester Alice:

Dropping the cream bun I held in my hands, I sprang back from my chair watching after a boy speed off. I charged after him, I could hear the others coming behind us. Corbin rushed past me, his legs moving quickly. Damn, he was always a better runner then any of us. Sliding across a counter, I dodged a heavily pregnant woman and the two younger girls making kissy faces at the poor baby within the pram.

The agents screamed loudly, pushing people out of their way. Willing my legs to go faster, I jumped over a seat. My heart raced reverently within my chest, the stuff on my lips were like a barrier against the wind. Ellie and Anika came into view beside me. The others pants came in tune behind me. I cursed myself quietly, I wanted to fly! I would have caught up to them well enough by now.

Three boys sat by a coffee shop, each holding board looking things with wheels. Hesitating I grabbed the shortest one yelling sorry over my shoulder. Forcing it onto the floor, I jumped on kicking at the ground to move the darn thing. This was just like surfing, it was! Skimming across the smooth ground I dodged a pot plant my heart racing. Catching up to Corbin, I noticed his eyes focused on the boy.

"Corbin!" I shouted, he looked over at me, almost running to an old lady. Moving away from her, he focused his efforts on his running. I tried my best not to laugh and get side tracked.

"Corbin, lead them away!" I yelped.

"How am I going to that?" He was beginning to gain extra speed, running more faster then the little board could skim. I shook my head oblivious to a reason. Corbin came to a halting stop, I crashed into him rolling towards the ground. He stared, ignoring our clash. I looked up to realise that they had the boy, a scientist had appeared from bench, whispering something in the boy's ear.
I spy!

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:15 am
View Likes
Yuriiko says...

Hello, guys. Sorry if I rarely post a scene. Thanks to all of you for putting me into a scene, most especially to Dragonet!

Caroline:

He ran so fast that it was hard for me to maintain my speed easily. I hate running but this time, I have to. The mysterious boy was a fresh face and I was totally surprised to see wings attached to his back. He was definitely and obviously a winged one. As I noticed Corbin and Ester on the ground, I came into a stop and gasped for air. I slowly went towards them as my feet wobbled with pain. Taking out my hand to Ester, she freely accepted it then pulled her up from the ground and so I did with Corbin. But it wasn't finish, still as our eyes locked towards the two mysterious persons in front of us.

Who's just that scientist-looking guy and that winged boy?
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:26 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

It wasn't too late. We could still get to him. The others weren't stopping either. I noticed they were still after the boy, even though the scientists had him. I hated them more than ever at this point. They had set us on the island to die, sent wolves after us, kidnapped us when we got off the island, and now, they were tackling a new winged one. As soon as we could get him away from them, the sooner we could tell him that he wasn't alone. It was getting late though, and we needed to get out of the eye of the public before we got our wings back.

"Someone needs to follow them to see where they're taking him, but it needs to be a winged one so that he sees the wings and knows he's safe," Caroline suggested. I automatically took the offer.

"I'll do it. I can keep connected through Anika to tell you guys."
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:05 pm
View Likes
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

I'll do it!" Ellie yelled over her shoulder as she dashed for the boy. I knew that was a good idea, she would be able to contact us through Anika, but I didn't know how she was going to get past the FBI and mall security. "Corbin, you have to distract them." Ester said in my ear.

"Yea, I'm working on that. Give me time." Then an idea hit me. I pulled out my knife and put it under Ester's chin, "Scream," I commanded her. Ester let out a high-pitched, piecing scream and the mall cops looked this way. "Help!" Ester screamed. This time even some of the FBI looked interested, they mumbled something to the scientist, probably something like "You got the kid? Good, I'm going to go take care of this lunatic."

Several of the men stepped towards me. "Don't move!" I told them,"Not another step if you want this girl to live."

"Corbin," Ellie whispered, "You want them to move toward you so that they get out of the way so that Ellie can get through."

"Oh yeah," I mumbled, and then raised my voice at the cops, "Actually come! I dare you to!" Carry smacked her forehead. The cops just stared at me. Thinking fast, I dropped Ester and started running. Thankfully the cops caught on and started chasing me. Of course I would be able to out run them, but for now I was just playing slow and keeping them busy.

----------------------------------------

A.J.

They had me! I have to get free. I have to get free. That thought kept running through my head over and over again as I struggled. But it was useless, they had my hands tied, my wings tied, and a gun pointed at my, not to mention that every time I struggled I wound get a kick to my gut.

They dragged me out into an alley and started pulling toward a car. I dug my heels in the ground and refused to move, I didn't care how hard they hit me. "This one has been alot of trouble," a scientist was saying, "It almost escaped." I stopped my struggling, did he just call me an it? I'm not a flippin' freak! I wanted to scream.

They must have called back their FBI friends because a couple of big guys came and taught me a lesson. Soon, I was heading back toward the car and there was nothing I could do about it. They threw me into the back seat and closed the door. One of the scientist turned the key to start the car, but it just made a grumbling sound and stayed where it was. The driver cursed and hit the steering wheel.

I was about to try another mad escape plan when something in the mirror caught my eye. It looked like a girl, but she disappeared before I could make sure. I turned my head and peered out of the back window. There she was! She slowly peeked around the corner and gave me a thumbs up. Then she left again. I recognized her as part of that group that was helping me. Why were they doing that? I was a freak, why were they trying to help?
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 pm
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Michel

Anger rose in me. I handed one of my daggers to Blake, "Here." Then, like the stupid person I was I ran after Ellie. When I finally got there the car was running. I wasn't sure what Ellie was trying to do. Did she do something to their car? It wasn't moving. I smiled. Then along side Ellie I went up to the car. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. "Distract them" I did as I was told leaping on to the hood.

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:02 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

Michel did as he was told, and jumped onto the hood. I knew this was going to hurt, but I used my elbow to break the window. I felt the blood ooze down my arm, but ignored it. It was getting dark and we had to get home before our wings came back in front of everyone. I grabbed the boy, and untied his wings and hands.

"Who are you?" he asked, surprised. I didn't have time to talk. I noticed the others coming out of the mall, and motioned for them to go into the trees. I ran with the boy, Michel on my heals, to the cover of the trees. It was getting really late, and the sun was just disappearing.

"We need to get back to Ashton's house before our wings come back," I said. They agreed, and we snuck behind all the buildings to Ashton's house. I felt light headed as I pressed my index fingers to my temples. It wasn't long before I felt the weight again on my back. I was happy to get my wings back. This meant we would be our normal selves.

While we talked to the boy, Ashton explained everything to his mom. She had a smile on her face the whole time, and she eyed every body's wings. I didn't feel so good, and somebody pointed out that my elbow was bleeding. I went to wash it up, but sat in the bathroom on the floor, feeling the pain in my stomach now.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:03 pm
View Likes
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

Showing my wings in front of her was slightly uncomfortable, but I tried to act casual as they appeared. Ashton was explaining everything and his mom was smiling a bit. Ellie left- maybe she felt sick.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

116 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:24 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ellie May~

I sat in the bathroom for a little while longer, not feeling so good. My elbow hurt from earlier but I had wrapped it up in gauze from a first aid kit in the cabinet. My face was hot, and my stomach was doing flips. I wanted to throw up, but for my sake, I didn't. I laid my head back on the wall, pulling my legs to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. What was wrong with me?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew