z

Young Writers Society

The Sickness

Reviews: 3
Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:27 am
View Likes
IndisBubbles says...

The Sickness

All the adults have been killed by an unknown Virus, destroying the breathing passage and turning their blood to water. Children and teenagers are left on their own after the horrid deficit of elders and forced to live around an unnamed City.

The world has become a primitive hell of anarchy, confusion, danger and fear. With no adults to guide, rule or protect them, the children are required to live on their own and need to build a new world they can live in.

Creating tribes, the children fight for territory, food, water and clothing in the unnamed city. They begin to become paranoid, and vicious crimes are committed killing the other children who are not apart of their tribes.

While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of the unnamed city, slowly after a series of killing the truth is revealed.

Something is beginning to happen to the younger children, mutation causing incredible feats of power begin to inhabit the weakest of people. These younger children though have been infected by the sickness and their bodies are beginning to change, their brain level’s shrinking into blood seeking, killing machines.

In a tribe you are heavily armed to the teeth, protecting the small sector of territory you own, the other members of your tribe, the rapidly increasing sickness and “mutations.”

NB. All YWS Rules are applied.

Setting:
The Unnamed city is a vandalised, low powered area on the fringe of a beach. A light house spins around each day looking beyond the fringe of shadowed mountains. There is always a slight drizzle, and a fog. No one knows what it is called and instead refers to it as "Unnamed".

All Profiles are to be presented below. Please think them through, and make them original. It just makes everything loverly. If you have an questions just pm me and I'll be happy to help. :D
Last edited by IndisBubbles on Mon May 03, 2010 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDI WAS HERE

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 am
ScarlettFire says...

This is similar to the NZ TV Show, The Tribe, yes?

Anyhow. I'm in. Back with a profile soon.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:04 am
IndisBubbles says...

Yep, that's where I got the idea. :D
INDI WAS HERE

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:24 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Cool. And here's my profile.

Name: Kate Anne Angell.

Nickname: Zaria.

Appearance: Tall with long, dark red hair, emerald green eyes, slightly tanned skin and two white horizontal lines on the cheekbone, just under her left eye. Wears a battered, old, black leather jacket, jeans and a low cut t-shirt.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She seems tough and fierce but it's not the real her. She's really kind and caring and will do anything to help and protect her friends (not that she has any at the moment). Can fight when and if she has to but dislikes killing or injuring people. Usually she'll tie them up or something and run. She'll freak out if you put her in a small space.

History: Kate's family was pretty scattered before the virus and now her family are dead. When everything decended into chaos, Kate changed her name to Zaria and started wandering around on her own with only an old dagger of her Uncle's. She doesn't know if any of her family is still alive or not but it doesn't matter. This is life now and she'll try to get on with it.

Vices/Strengths: Vices; She has a short temper, a dislike of people who use others (even though she does this herself), and strongly dislikes violence, even though she has to use it herself on occasion. She also can't stand small spaces. Strengths; Handy with a dagger, fast on her feet, good at hiding and sneaking around..

Up for love: Yes.

Other: She has no Tribe yet but she's almost been caught by one on several occasions. This tribe don't seem as vicious as the others.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:37 pm
eldEr says...

Sweet! I'll join!

Name: Samuel Jordynn Laurel

Nickname: Sammy Boy or Sam (He prefers the latter and hates the first one)

Appearance: Quite tall with blue eyes and very blonde hair. He's muscular, but not huge.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: He can shift moods easily from being very charming and socialable to downright nasty. Although when he's nasty it's often in his own defense or the defense of others. He is quick-witted and can be quite romantic if he wants to be. He is EXTREMELY protective over the ones he loves and isn't afraid to put up a fight.

History: Sam comes from a pretty good family as far as he was concerned. His mother was a nurse and his dad was an author. He wasn't much for football, but he's done soccer since he was little. He does like to write poetry and short stories and admired his father greatly. He had a younger 15 year old sister, but she disapeared after the virus first started. He hopes to find her again soon.

Vices and strengths: Vices: He has an extremely quick temper at times, especially now that he's lost his father and mother. He can't stand being around a ton of people he doesn't know and has a weak stomach when it comes to food. He has violent moodswings when things set him off. Strengths: He is a good fighter and is defensive over the people he loves. He can be very charming when he needs to be which sometimes earns him respect. He doesn't give up easily and likes a challenge.

Up for love: Most certainly

Other: He doesn't have a tribe and prefers walking alone. It suits him though and he thinks he's better off that way.
Last edited by eldEr on Sat May 01, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Sat May 01, 2010 1:24 am
IndisBubbles says...

Thank you for joining Scarlet (Can I call you that) and Isha. Here is my profile.

Name: Caleb Reynolds

Nickname: Aerrow

Appearance: Straight jet black hair that flicks around his pale roman face. Aerrow has piercing ice blue eyes that usually capture your attention when you first see him. He stands tall at 6'2 with an athletic yet thin build. He has a lip peircing, and two brisk rad lines going across his cheeks.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality:Aerrow is a natural-born leader - bold, energetic, daring, and not to mention rather charming and dashing. A talented fighter and unafraid to take risks, he is able to outmaneuver enemies easily. Aerrow can sometimes lose track of his rational side, and is easily angered by injustice.

History:Aerrow grew up on the wrong side of the streets, his mother a work addict trying to pay bills and loans from her failed business, and his father, a hopeless drunk who drinks away his days on a sofa.

Aerrow's younger sister, Annabelle, fell ill on her birthday. When she had arrived home from her Grand Mothers she began to change, her body shrinking and her skin tone becoming more pale and drawn. His father was the first to die, Aerrow's mother following in tow hours later.

Annabelle didn't die though she began to beocme delirious attacking anything that moved with a new and stronger power. Destroying their house, Annabelle tried to kill Aerrow her strength and brain power increasing. Running from her, Aerrow was immediately sucked into the tribe life, fighting to stay alive.

Vices/Strengths: He is thought to be vain because he is always playing with his fringe, though Aerrow cares more for others then himself. He is a strong leader, though often has trouble telling people how to operate, especially when he knows the consequences.

Other: He fights with his dad's old katana, and his Grandfathers pistol he had found when he had salvaged the wreckage his Grandfathers house had come to. Aerrow knows how to fight rather well because of the abusiveness he had undertaken from his father.
Last edited by IndisBubbles on Mon May 03, 2010 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDI WAS HERE

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat May 01, 2010 1:28 am
LovelessSummer says...

To this I say: Why not? I will post at a later time. Spot saved for a girl.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sat May 01, 2010 1:48 am
LovelessSummer says...

Name: Hailey Reed
Nickname: Hex
Appearance: Long red hair with blond streaks on the underside. She has sterling grey eyes and light pink lips. She stands at 5"6 and is fairly slim. She has long legs and arms.
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's nice at most times but can get really mean if she must. She gets emotional very quickly, a normal persons anger is tripled with her. She loves making friends and a all around nice person, but sometimes her emotions get the best of her. She also has a very vivid imagination, she often over dramatizes situations. Her motto is: If you expect the worst, you're never disappointed.
History: She grew up in an orphanage, her mom was a teen mother and got rid of her first chance she got, having enough heart not to have an abortion. The orphanage is all she knows. When the grown-ups vanished, she ran away immediately.
Vices/Strengths: Vices: She is too emotional. When she gets angry, she is blinded by it ad often hurts the people she cares for. When she is kind and caring, she will stop at nothing to make that person feel better, which is very dangerous. Strengths: Once she sets her mind to something, she won't give up until the task is done. She is also a very nice and caring person and hates mean or heartless people.
Other: Her weapon of choice is a bow and arrow or a nice knife. She's good at sneak attacks but will fail at hand to hand without some type of weapon on her person. She has a pet fox that she is never without.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Reviews: 4
Sat May 01, 2010 2:00 am
MayApple says...

Name: Jaonie Piper

Nickname: Jojo or Jo

Appearance: She has light brown eyes, pale skin and curly brown hair that reaches her shoulder. Her lips are naturally a bright pink. She is 5'6'' and thin.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is tons of fun and loves a good laugh. She always has a smile on and finds a way to be positive in a hard life. She loves making people laugh with her various impressions of famous. Her Elvis one is the best. If she can make someone smile, her day had a purpose.

Vices/Strengths: She is a terrible fighter, and is never very serious. But she is funny and has a way of making people smile. She is a great liar due to superb acting skills.

Up for Love: Definitely

Other: Can't really fight at all. If it comes to a fight, she will just stall until someone else finishes off her opponent.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat May 01, 2010 7:31 pm
eldEr says...

When are we starting?
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sat May 01, 2010 8:15 pm
JustDance says...

Name: Julia Nicole

Nickname: Julia, she hates nicknames.

Appearance: Blonde hair and green eyes.

Picture: Image

Personality: Julia is a tomboy. That even may be an understatement. She's always dressed in a huge sweatshirt or t-shirt and shorts or jeans. No dresses. No skirts. And most definitely not a lot of makeup. She's a fighter and will argue for hours for something she believes in. Her whole entire family is gone, so she doesn't care much about others, or at least she tries not to show it. She doesn't love, to put simply. I mean, it's not that she can't fall in love, but it will be very hard for her to. She usually thinks of people as either: friend or enemy. No aquantinces. She's rebellious and willing to do almost anything. Shy and sensitive is the opposite of what she's really like. However she isn't a jerk. When she likes someone, she likes them, and will do anything to make sure they are safe and sound. She has a soft spot for little kids because they remind her of her little brother that died at the start of the virus. She's the kind of person who'll cry herself to sleep every night because crying in front of others is far from an option.

Vices/Strengths: She's very good at climbing trees, running, and has very accurate aim.

Up for Love: Sure, but like I said. You'll have to work for it.

Other: She can fight actually pretty well. She's full of suprises, so watch out.

Sat May 01, 2010 8:42 pm
IndisBubbles says...

I hope to be able to start soon, Isha. Great profiles also guys I didn't think anyone was going to join. :D
INDI WAS HERE

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 pm
Sins says...

I'll give this a go :)

Name: Douglas Lee Collins

Nicknames: Dougie or Dougie Lee

Appearance: Ice blue eyes and messy dark brown hair. He has tanned skin and is very attractive. Dougie always wears a shirt and tie but he always wears them loose. On his bottom he will always be wearing a pair of ripped jeans. He looks rather messy really, but he likes it.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Dougie likes being the leader, and is very good at it. When someone else is the leader, he does not get along with them. He won't be getting along with Aerrow then. :wink: He is very strong opinionated and stands up for what he believes in. He comes across as a jerk, but he's only hiding his true feelings. Dougie acts before he speaks and is very impulsive, which can obviously lead to difficulty. Even though he's a bit of a c*** on the outside, he really does care about those around him; he just doesn't show it. When he likes someone, he becomes very protective over them. He behaves like he does because of his history.

History: Dougie grew up in an abusive family. His mother was a violent drunk and his father had left his mother while she was pregnant. His mother's boyfriend both physically and emotionally abused him as a young child. Dougie has a younger brother who he basically brought up considering his mother was never there. That is the reason behind Dougie being so protective over the people he likes. After his mother and her boyfriend died, Dougie's brother disappeared. Dougie's determined to find him but does not mention him to anyone else he meets.

Vices/Strength: Well, he's a jerk basically. He takes a lot and the only way to stop him talking is to ask him about his feelings. He is a good leader and comes up with very clever plans.

Up For Love:Yeah, for whoever can handle him.

Other: Dougie has quite a few scars from the abuse he received from his mothers' boyfriend. He has a very noticeable scar on his back so he never takes his shirt off.

Indis, would I be allowed to make another character later on if I wanted to?
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat May 01, 2010 10:01 pm
Kamas says...

Spoiler! :
I'll make a profile :) It'll be up in a little.

Here we go (Note - if you want mine to be a guy to balance out the ratio, just let me know.)

Name: Arianna Skyla Cortez

Nickname:
Ria, Arianna

Appearance: Short, very dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes. She has very pale, thin lips and fair skin. Her nose is crooked from a fight, she has a curvy figure. She always wears a tank top and big colourful sunglasses, she wears jeans as she has a dislike for skirts and dresses.

Picture:

Spoiler! :

Personality:
Arianna is, simply put, sarcastic. It's funny sometimes, other times her double-bladed tongue gets her in a lot of trouble. She has a tendency to act before she thinks, but if her gut feeling is telling her something it's usually correct. So she's completely dependent on gut feeling. She's a bit selfish, and if she's in trouble will do anything to get her and anyone else she cares about out. If you mean nothing to her, she'll put a bullet in your head to get out of whatever situation she's in. Otherwise, if she genuinely cares about a person, she'll happily do (almost) anything.

She's also an impossibly awkward person. She's constantly uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations, so she's grown to be quite jumpy. In familiar situations, or when she's with familiar people she relaxes completely.

History: Arianna was quite close to her family. She was an only child, and her parents were out working a lot. But whenever they were all together she'd savour every moment of it. When the virus killed her parents, she was absolutely devastated and threw everything into a backpack, including her father's shotgun and ran.

She dwelled in booze for a while until she was picked up by a tribe. She spent some time with them until she met another girl from another tribe, trapped in the sewers. She helped the girl and they quickly became friends. Her tribe got control of her friend's tribe, and they executed each member. The leader, having heard rumors made Arianna shoot her friend. Angry, upset and heavy with guilt she killed the leader in his sleep and ran again. Now she wanders around on her own, she likes to spend her time on rooftops, as they're generally safer then in the streets.

Vices/Strengths: Her sharp tongue gets her in trouble but it can also save her. Her generally emotional self leads her to do things she regrets. Then she dwells in that regret. She's a bit of an emotional wreck, but she's good at hiding it. She can come across as cool and confident to anyone. Her shot is impeccable, and she can run quite well. She can fight hand-to-hand, but only for so long.

Up for love: Sure

Other: She carries her father's shotgun, but she doesn't have abundant amounts of ammo for it. She prefers to use her bo (a long wooden staff) which is made with metal on the inside to cause more damage.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun May 02, 2010 7:47 pm
Via says...

Hmm. I think I'm in ;)

Name: Greer Tolsen
Nickname: GT
Appearance: Greer is about 5'3 and tiny--but definitely not weak. Her blonde hair is long and curly, and her eyes are a deep blue-green. Greer used to wear warpaint in specific patterns, but doesn't anymore. Now, she'll either not wear any or will let one of the younger kids decorate her face for fun.
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Greer's a hard one to figure. She is tough and will defend anyone to the best of her ability, but isn't particularly buddy-buddy with any one group. In her mind, having a particular group shouldn't be necessary. It annoys her that they broke up into tribes. Although she is not too keen on killing, she will do so in protect herself and others--but she would die to protect a small child of any tribe.
History: Greer's parents died when she was young in a car accident, and left her and her two younger siblings with her grandmother. Two years ago, her grandmother got the virus and left Greer to care for her two siblings. They were attacked by a tribe on the run one night, and Greer was unable to save one of her siblings. The other was taken by the tribe, and never seen again. The tribe attacked Greer as well and left her unconscious, bleeding. She has a scar from the attack still on her forehead and several small scars on her arms and torso. While she lay in the bushes, another tribe found her and saved her life--she's been with them ever since.
Vices/Strengths: Greer is a fabulous fighter. She's little, quick, and agile, and a lot stronger than she's given credit for. That's how she got her nickname of GT: like the mustang, she's fast and powerful. But, Greer also blames the loss of her siblings on herself, and cannot bring herself to injure the smaller children nor put them in harms way intentionally. Given the choice between her life and theirs, she'd choose theirs.
Up for love: Sure.
Other: Greer carries two knives--a smaller, pocketknife-type, and a large, almost athame-type knife. However, she has managed to teach herself a large amount of martial arts in the past two years and is a great combat fighter.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

The important thing is never to stop questioning.
— Albert Einstein