YWS - Heroes vs Snoink's Evil Minions - Project N.A.T.E

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:32 pm
Sins says...

:arrow: Name: Skins or Skins. Take your pick :smt001
:arrow: Age: 14
:arrow: Birthday: February 26th
:arrow: Personality: An idiot basically. Will burst out laughing at random times for no reason whatsoever. Doesn't get embarrassed easily, at all. In fact, she goes around acting like a freak. She adores listening to music, especially if she's listening to Lostprophets or Paramore. Loves a certain celebrity *cough* Mitch Hewer *cough*. Hates having to think about things. You only have to mention the word mathematics and she will cry.
:arrow: Appearance: Light brown/dark blonde hair, bright blue eyes, mushroom shaped nose. She's around 5"3, I think... she doesn't measure herself. That's weird. She's always wearing a top from Topshop and a pair of skinny jeans. You won't catch her without her black and white converse.
:arrow: Nationality: British (Wales)
:arrow: Ability: Good at making people laugh, accents, Raving! (Otherwise known as randomly dancing)
:arrow: Other: Skins will call everyone Jeff. It's what she does.
:arrow: Pic: I'll find one later.
Favorite stuff: Music!!!! Clothes, Mitch Hewer <--(The hot guy in my avatar), The television series Skins, (Hence my username) calling people Jeff.
:arrow: Faction: I don't know yet... YWSers. I don't have any friends. I'm a L-O-N-E-R :smt001
Last edited by Sins on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:00 pm
Jagged says...

:arrow: Name: Jagged, Jag, J and/or Lyn
:arrow: Age: 17
:arrow: Personality: Lazy, stubborn, prone to complain about everything and anything, dislikes being touched, laidback, sarcastic, curious and easily amused. Overthinks problems and makes them more complicated than they should be. Sometimes zones out. Is bad with deadlines. Believes sleep is for the weak. Occasionally makes plans for world domination or drools over weapons. Works better with animals than people. Has trouble with small talk. May occasionally burst in slightly manic laughter.
:arrow: Appearance: Relatively short, dark brown hair and eyes, half-Asian, wears glasses 50% of the time (contacts making the other 50%), baggy guys' clothes (usually a jeans + T-shirt + jacket/vest combination) and favors hiking boots. Despises hats. In shape, but don't expect her to run a marathon.
:arrow: Nationality: French
:arrow: Ability: SCIENCE & run-on sentences (AKA being the resident slightly-deranged scientist. Cackling included.)
:arrow: Other: Has no life. Carries rather impressive amounts of miscellaneous items in her pockets, including but not limited to: pen, paper, knife, mint-flavored chewing gum, change, DS.
:arrow: Pic: I got nothin'
:arrow: Favourite Stuff: Writing, science jokes, procrastinating, wolves, horses, weapons, chocolate, soft drinks, music, art, and internet. Color is gray. Music is everything but techno and rap.
:arrow: Your Faction: Neutral for the moment.
Last edited by Jagged on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:07 pm
Gladius says...

I might (heavy emphasis on might) try this. The concept is awesome, and storyboards are fun, but I like to procrastinate, and Life tries to get in my way a lot. So we'll see where this goes. :P
--------
Name: Gladius, Tanya {stand-in "real" name}, nickname is Glad {or anything else someone comes up with, as long as I know that will be her nickname :P}

Birthday: N/A

Personality: Can be outgoing with certain people (especially when jokes are involved), but generally keeps to herself during classes, etc. Doesn't have a roommate in her dorm at the school, if that is any indication of how introverted she prefers to be. Her shifts (see "Abilities") embody these two extremes, and she can only shift into them when she calls up those emotions. When in class or a serious situation, her mind has the uncanny ability to fuse these two extremes into a first-rate problem solver that gets things happening. Personality types that don't work well with her include the rude, selfish, lazy, and careless groups; types she gets along with are social butterflies (as long as they don't expect her to listen/give input on every little detail of conversation), selfless, quiet, and timid personalities. A loyal friend, if you earn her favor/respect; will go to any length to protect those she's taken under her wings.

Appearance: In human form, white but lightly tanned, red-haired, amber-eyed, 5'5", a prevalent three-claw-mark scar on her left cheek. General wardrobe usually consists of jeans or tactical cargo pants/shorts in a camo pattern, green shirts (T-shirt or long-sleeved depending on the weather), black sneaker-like hiking boots (ankle-high), and a triad necklace. In cold weather, wears a camo parka and sometimes black neoprene/nylon, fleece-lined gloves (of her own design) and a green knitted cap (the one thing left from her deceased mother). Her dragon (Esme) is entirely green, though her eyes are amber; her equine (Epona) is amber-palomino, with an orange-cream-colored mane and black stockings.

Nationality: American

Ability: Glad is a shapeshifter, though limited to two forms: dragon and horse. Powers of each form (known as a "shift") include: flight, fire-breathing, enhanced vision and smell, telepathy, greater lung capacity/deep-water swimming (dragon); enhanced agility and speed, ability to sustain herself on fibrous materials (grass, hay, etc) when little food is available, enhanced hearing, and telepathy (horse).

Other: Her little shadow, Dark (aka Darkie) follows her everywhere. He takes many forms ("shapes), his favorite being a raven. Occasionally he uses a human shape, especially when Glad takes to her horse shift or a decoy/distraction is required. Other forms include dog-shape, cat-shape, orca-shape, eagle-shape, mouse-shape, and deer(stag)-shape. Darkie is Glad's "invisible friend" for the most part; no one can see him unless he solidifies (all forms are a 3D blurry-shadow form unless he has the energy to take a solid form and act upon his environment). Glad also tend to carry at least one pocket knife and/or dagger with her at all times, a hold-over from her pre-boarding-school days (she has a mini-armory, a fraction of the size of her previous one, in her dorm room). Also, she's an orphan, and she is VERY touchy on the subject.

Pic: N/A

Favorite Music: Identified primarily by modern country music (predominantly Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, and Tim McGraw), but picks and chooses songs from Nickelback, Flyfleaf, Red, and Skillet too. She kind of has her own genre, which (if she bothered to give it a name) would be called "inspirational". In her spare time, she'll also throw together a few clips of her own music, which reflect her emotions and mood at the time of the writing.

Food: Meat, Ham; vegetable, corn; fruit, apple; drink, apple cider; bread of almost any kind (sandwich and garlic breads being her favorites).

Color: Green

Faction: Starts with YWS, but frequently strikes out on her own, especially on scouting/intelligence-gathering runs {these are the periods of time which you will be unlikely to see my character around due to author absence unless otherwise stated/written :P}.
---------------
*looks back at post* Geeeeze, I need to take a consiseness pill. xP Me and my long-windedness... Guess I better cut it off before I bore you all to death. O.o lol

Ps--I have a feeling Jag and Glad are going to get along, despite Jag's penchant for laziness... *stares at "favorites:...horses, weapons" and "favors hiking boots"* Maybe Bolt, too, as he's a joker. :P
Last edited by Gladius on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:52 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

Well, we got Bolty in this! This'll be interesting!
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:05 pm
LittlePetRock says...

When Firestarter becomes principle,

God help us all. :lol:

Will post a profile in a bit.
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:28 am
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

I'll post a profile in a moment! :D This sounds really cool! :smt003
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:18 am
LittlePetRock says...

Name: Rocky
Birthday: November 7th
Personality: Sharp-witted and sarcastic, caring when she needs to be, trips over herself allot, funny. Can be shy at first, but once she gets to know you, she's open like a book. :lol: Hates bugs. Randomly breaks into dancing and song.
Appearance: 5'8, skinny, short brown-red curly hair. Changes her style allot.
Nationality: American
Ability: Hmm... Let's turn invisible. ^_^
Other: Did I mention I hate bugs?
Favourite Stuff: Sport: Soccer. Music: Rock. Food: Pasta. Colours: All of them. Movies: Action movies.
Your Faction: Team Jon, Shadow, and Irish.
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:40 pm
irishfire says...

Can we start soon?! *impatient wreck*

Btw, I am not baised. How do you write about someone you don't know? And, I wrote about Bolt, and I hardly know him. We acutally had that discussion last night in the chat. So there *huff* *isn't really too upset about it, just wanted to point it out*

EDIT: However I am very honored you mentioned my featured work :)
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 pm
LookUpThere says...

Okay! Let's start. Kick it off with an exciting introduction to your character. Maybe make a few friends. Three posts and we'll move on (Three posts each that is ;) ) I'll go first.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:40 pm
LookUpThere says...

"They're really crazy people over there in America," said Mr van Royen.
"Yes, sir," I replied, double checking my suitcase.
He felt a compulsive need to speak Afrikaans, maybe he was worried that my time in America might make me spell 'colour' as 'color'. "Nou onthou: as a mens vra waar jy het gekom, nie gese, 'Pretoria!' Nee, man. Dink aan die klein dorp waar jy het gegrooi." which translated would be, Remember, if someone asks you where you come from, don't say Pretoria. Tell them about the little town you came from.
"Ja Meneer." Yes sir.
"Flight 10? Flight 10 passengers get ready." I nodded at my english teacher and walked off to my flight.

Ever heard the song by Estelle, American Boy? That's kind of adequate to describe what I was seeing, flying over New York. There was so much to see!

We touched down and I dragged my suitcase through the flight terminal. I immediately felt alienated by all the people with weird accents. I was overtaken by a crowd of tourists. As soon as I left the terminal, I was meant to go to a taxi station nearby.

Another music reference. Alicia Keys and Jay-Z: Empire State of Mind. With the line, "If you can make it here! You can make it anywhere!" or something? I originally thought New Yorkers were just vain people, but five minutes later, stranded on the curb with no idea as to where to go, I felt the lyrics resounding. "Whatever," I murmured. I sat down on a bench and decided to relax before trying again. I took out my cellphone and logged onto YWS.

I was reading an interesting poem in the Narrative Section, I hadn't noticed the sun going down. When I looked up, I cursed. "What the heck is it so hard! Anyone from YWS, help me," I said sarcastically."
"Hey... your from YWS... the writer's society?" asked a female voice behind me. I swung around and jumped on the bench, my nerves on edge.
"Yeah," I said, giving her an up and down. She looked 13 or so... maybe 12. She wore a pink shirt with a white up and down squiggly pattern design, and jeans. She was absolutely stunning.
Standing up and smiling, she shook my hand and I jumped off the bench. "I'm guessing you're either Bolt... or Hero."
I frowned. "Bolt. Yes, I'm Boltage! Now, girl, tell me where to go and get out of my way," I said, showing off my muscle.
She giggled. "You're not Bolt, not with that accent anyway. Where are you from?"
"I was born of air," I said, with a far-away look.
She giggled again and threw her head into her hands, looking up again into my confused face, she said, "Hi Hero."

So I only had a couple rand and the last time I had checked, the rand to the dollar was like... ten rands for one American dollar. Ktg_17 gave me some extra money and I bought us two Cokes. I came back to find the sun was basically setting and I was really screwed if I expected to make it to Maine in time. We walked over to one of the few green places nearby and relaxed and caught up.

"So, you live here or are you here for the school?"
"School. I suppose that's why you're here too, right?"
"Of course," I put my Coke beside me "So we're stranded here?"
"Not exactly..." I lay against the grass while Ktg_17 texted something.
"How much airtime you got?"
"What?" she asked. I remembered my brother saying soemthing about cellhpone rates being so low here... I shook my head. It'd take a lot of time getting used to this place. But since I was going to Nate's year round school, I figured I'd be okay.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Texting a friend in the city."
"Who? Another YWSer?"
"Yep. Gladius!"
"Isn't that like a sword or something."
"Be nice, she can here you. Better get ready, she'll be here in a few."
"With what, her car or something. Is she on chat frequently because I would-"
"Hero! Shush!"

We stood and watched the sunset in the distance. It was beautiful. Suddenly something obscured it. And a giant dragon landed in front of me. I nearly stabbed the thing, until Ktg screamed, "Gladius! Thanks!" The giant dragon suddenly turned into a seventeen year old girl. She nodded in my direction like, Hey, another YWSer...
"Welcome to America. We do this kind of stuff all the time."

---

*Just to kick this off, will edit later.*
Last edited by LookUpThere on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:44 pm
irishfire says...

Mom doesn't think I'll be ok flying alone. But I've flown to New York before and I know how it works!

The woman never believes in me.

"All passengers on flight 17 please report to terminal" the lady on the loud speaker says. I sigh, pick up my suitcase, and run. My mom sighs and turns to leave.

Now, I'm completly alone, and I'm on my way.

_-_-_-_

I'm probably annoying the guy sitting next to me... my ipod is up really loud. Ah well, its his own fault if he doesn't like 3 doors down...which is impossible so why am I worrying?

The plane is starting to land...I'm being told to turn my ipod off. Ew. But I sigh and do it anyway, seems like a good thing to do when they're the ones landing the plane that you're in.

I quickly got off the plane and ran through the airport. I was REALLY excited now. I had a letter telling me who my roommates are, but Tucker and Maggie wound up getting in a fight over it before I could open it, so it'll be a bit of surprise!

_-_-_-_

I'm running to my dorm now. I just went through a small tutorial of where everything is and was given my laptop and now I FINALLY get to see who my roommates are.

I'm running up the stairwell now, its just an unforunate factor that I'm on the 5th floor and don't know where the elevator is... I'll have to track that one down...

Crap, dropped my key. I guess I'll write after I settle in. Later!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

30 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:34 am
TalaPaulwic says...

One fine morning, the unthinkable happened. Morgan, and Skyeler were sitting in an iHop near the L.A. region. Somehow Skyeler had gotten her hands on a car, this car had driven them for three days down to L.A. Skyeler wanted to see Blizzard Headquarters, the maker of her favorite game, World of Warcart.

The iHop was barren save for the staff, and two brave, unlucky, hostages. They had managed to find a few credit cars, and a laptop with a charger, and working wireless. They were one of the first people to notice that Nate was missing from YWS. Skyeler was furious about this, she wanted to kidnap him, and torture him, then take over YWS. There were rumors that this person known as Snoink and this persons evil minions. Skyelers blood boiled at the thought. She was the evil one, she was the one with power.

While the two of them were waiting on their food Morgan checked her YWS and NaNo role-plays, and chat forums. A slight smirk spread across Skyelers lips, she was planning something. Morgan wasn't paying attention when she went to the bathroom and ordered a cup of coffee to be poured on the laptop. Now Skyeler sat there, waiting, watching. A huge grin spread across her face as the waitress walked up to them, the entire pitcher of coffee was poured on the laptop making it short out instantly.

"Holy crap! Skye! What was that for?!"

For a few seconds the two of them were silent. Then Morgan spoke once more. "I got a shock from that! It hurt like hell!" Skyeler tried to keep her composure, but she only managed to make a few funny faces, eventually she caught on, then burst into a fit of hysterical laughter and psycho-babbling. Morgan was silent, pissed off for a minute, but after a minute she started to giggle. The coffee fumes were getting to her. "I know my penguin died in a forest fire in the antarctic regions, I said I wanted a talking mango so my lemming could have a friend."

This did not help with Morgans insane laughter. As it began to grow louder Skyeler returned to her senses and reached into her pockets quickly, when she pulled them out two earplugs were in her hands. Desperate, she put them in her ears, almost deafening herself from the sudden pressure on her eardrums. "Dude, control yourself."

The two girls could hear a scream from each and ever member of the staff in that iHop, and the hardware store across the street. They had gone deaf from Morgan and her insane laughter. Skyeler narrowed her eyes on Morgan. "Nice going Morgrantlereh, now we have to go somewhere else." Morgan slowed her breathing, and finally stopped laughing.

"That's alright, after the fifth time at the same iHop, I don't feel too hungry."

Skyeler stood up and left the iHop, Morgan following closely behind her. They could now see Skyeler's car of choice, a red 'Shark'. She had read about it in a book, she naturally had to have one. When she got in she clipped in the seat belt and drove at insane speeds towards the highway. Fortunately for Morgan she managed to get her seat belt on before Skyeler was driving at insanely dangerous, luck was the only thing keeping them alive, speeds. "Maybe after we storm Blizzard we could find Nate, then control YWS?" Skyeler had been considering the whole seven times they went to that same iHop.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Gladius says...

Hero, will you look at the profile again? I'm a girl, puh-lease! ;)
----------------------------------------
1 June 2010

KTG's friend is interesting. He's obviously African, by my estimation; the dark skin, eyes, and hair, with typical round features and a thin accent that was nevertheless detectable to my sharp ears, even in human shift, give it away. He should be interesting to watch; when we met, he seemed surprised at my appearance.

Then again, there aren't many human-horse-dragon shapeshifters in the NYC area, so I suppose that's to be expected.

KTG made the usual introductions; the kid's name is TheNewHero, though he prefers to go by Hero. Intersting name--though much better than KTG, I suppose. Who am I to judge, though?

Anyway. After I flew them to the school, KTG went to show him around. I took Darkie out for a run on the Course before they rang the bell for supper.

On my way through the Great Hall, however, Darkie tugged on my right ear. I looked in that direction and saw a girl about three inches taller than me standing stock still in the doorway, eyes riveted on (I'm guessing) my unusual appearance.

"Can I help you?" I asked neutrally, raising an eyebrow nonchalantly.

Darkie snickered in my ear, unseen by the other teen.
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

30 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 am
TalaPaulwic says...

(Just a note, Skyeler refers to herself in third person.)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:44 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Crocks, June 1st.

Sometimes I hate being Skyeler's best friend.

I mean, there are some kicks, (literally), but sometimes it just gets to me. When she freaking kidnaps me out of my own home to drive down to Blizzard, it gets very, very annoying.

But then there is the free road trip to California...

But it still sucks.

We're in the car that Skyeler got now. I don't know how she got it, but judging by the ten police cruisers chasing us it can't have been legal.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor