z

Young Writers Society

Surfs up

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun May 02, 2010 7:10 pm
jolene says...

This story is Sooooo cool...but very confusing at the same time...there are to many point of views and I had to try to keep looking back to keep up with the story...but I loved it for now!! :thud:
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun May 02, 2010 8:04 pm
Kaywiia says...

Nat

I watched people talk, trying to figure out what they were saying. After a minute, I gave up, my English was hopeless.

I walk up to s girl.

"Hello." I say. I would at least try to make friends.

"Oh, hi!" She says. What does hi mean?

"You think who's going to win?" I ask.

"You don't speak much English, do you?" She asks. I shake my head. She grins. I didn't know what she found so great about that.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon May 03, 2010 12:53 pm
Theodorable says...

Sam

Sam hurried into the water and swam out to catch her first wave. She could feel the cool water against her skin and she breathed in the salt water air. She was in her zone, and nothing could take her out now. She felt the wave before she saw it, and turned on her board and started paddling.

Sam felt the pull of the water on her baord and slowly stopped paddling then stood up on her board. Having gotten her balance, she now tilted the nose of her board and jumped the wave coming back down onto it, without missing a beat. She then rode the wave and did a cutback and then, after she had regained her balance she slowly walked forward on her board. Most people didn't attempt this on a fun board, but Sam had done it before. She was almost to the top of her board when she felt it wiggle beneath her feet. She stopped and got back to the edge of her baord. She didn't want to wipe out, because then she knew she wouldn't win. And not winning wasn't something she could deal with.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Leigh:

I squinted to see Sam surf. The sun was blinding but I could see okay if I squinted and looked really hard. She looked like she was about to fall but she backed off. Smart move. Cupping my hands around my mouth I screamed "Wooooo! Go Sam!"
Live, Love, Laugh

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon May 03, 2010 9:40 pm
curiousvampire says...

Korie

"You're on," me and Kairi shook hands and made our own little bet official. Grinning at me she turned to watch Sam's run. Sam was just paddling in to catch her first ride and then this huge monster wave rose up and she dominated it with a gnarly cut back and then attempting something on her type of board that was rarely seen walking up to the edge she hanged ten.
"Wooooo! Go Sam!" Kairi wooted next to me along with everyone else,"GO Sam!!!"

Darren

"Woo!!" Even though me and Leigh was like a yard apart her voice volumed over everyone else's.
BBOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM Justin blew the horn."Yo, Sam your time is up," he yelled. Finishing her move she quickly returned to the land.
"That was awesome!" She concluded. " So how'd did I ---"
"Aren't you all supposed me working."
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 pm
Day says...

*Sorry for the late post.
** The surprise I am delivering to all the new employees is just telling them about the bonfire tonight. Basically I want to have a bonfire on the beach to celebrate first day of work.

Justin (Tour Guide):

"Aren't you all supposed to be working?" a voice bellowed.

It took me second, but I recognized it was our bosses's. Oh crap hopefully we don't get into to much trouble. I should have warned them the boss can get kind of angry.

"If all of you don't get to where your're supposed to be right now I'll have you all fired!" He shouted.

"I don't want to get fired, so I guess I'll see you later," Kristen said waving goodbye and walking off.

"See you later tonight! I'll probably be around later to tell you about tonights surprise. I have to tell all the new employees, but I'll make sure to tell you first," I said.

"Ok bye," she called.

All the other employees who had been on the beach had already scattered. I didn't see who left with who, but just then I realized my boss was looking at me. Ahhh! I'd been standing here thinking about her. Although I was a senior employee I knew he was mad, so I bolted.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

84 Reviews

Tue May 04, 2010 11:20 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Leigh:

Standing up I dusted the sand from my legs and jogged to the cabin to get my uniform.
---
"No!" I screamed. The little ten year old was trying to stand up and she was doing it wrong "Go back d-" She plunged into the clear water and came up gasping for air. Her purple board began floating away "Darn it." I muttered. Shedding my clothes as I ran I headed to the water. The girl got out just as I dove in.

Taking large strokes I made it to the board before it got to far out for me to retrieve. I noticed a wave coming and hopped onto the board. It was too small but it would have to do. I stood up as the wave came and rode it without any tricks. I didn't want to give the girl any ideas.

I saw Korie on the shore holding my clothes. I lifted the board and walked the rest of the way to the shore "And just where have you been!?" He held my clothes up and rose his eyebrows "Trying to seduce the guys on the beach?" My laugh bubbled through my throat and I handed the board to the girl. I slapped Korie's cheek playfully and said "Yes darling, that's my goal in life."
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Thu May 06, 2010 1:07 am
Fox says...

Kairi

I hurried into the cabin to get changed, then rushed off to work. Before I went in, though, I looked around to see if Korie was near, hoping to at least make plans about meeting up again. Sadly, he was nowhere in sight. I sighed, then rushed inside.

"May I take your order?" I asked this particularly large man who was sitting near the window.

"I'll have a lobster tail and some whiskey." He said in a deep voice. I quickly wrote down what he said on the tablet in front of me.

Nodding, I headed back to the kitchen to give the order to the chef, then went to another table. When one table's food was ready, I delivered it to them, and that ate it. What and exciting job. That's basically how it went my entire shift.

I was relieved when my shift was finally over, and I was able to go outside to hang out. I looked around for Korie who was still working. I ran over to him as fast as I could, until I realized Seth nearby. I remembered that he was competing as well, and that he was a serf instructor.

Crud. I though, but I continued to walk to Korie, trying to go unnoticed by Seth.

"Hey Korie!" I yelled from far back, waving. He looked back at me, smiled, and waved. My cheeks flushed red. He was so cute! Even him just looking at me made me feel good.

"When do you get off your shift?" I asked him when I finally reached where he was.

"In about ten minutes." He said. "Why?"

"I was just thinking that maybe we could hang out for a little."

"Sure, but you should go do something else first, and we can meet up somewhere. It's really boring here." He made a face, and I laughed.

"I can wait." I said. "I don't mind." I sat down on the sand, just thinking about what we could do together, planning of a bunch of things.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu May 06, 2010 3:44 pm
curiousvampire says...

Korie

"Okay, I'm off then," I wave goodbye to Leigh and Seth.
"So what are going to do now?" Leigh asked.
"Umm...Kairi asked if we could hang and I agreed," I felt my cheeks get hot and I took a quick look at Seth who gave me a quick glance.
"Are you blushing Korie?" Leigh giggled.
"No," I answered embarrassingly and felt my cheeks get hotter," No I'm not."
"Yes you are. You like Kairi, don't you?"
"Umm.. yes, no, maybe." I stammered.
"Well I think she likes you too."
"Wait, she does. How'd you know that?" I eyed her suspiciously.
"Just female intuition of course," she winked at me. "Anyways you better get going."
I nodded," okay later you guys." I headed in the other direction to meet Kairi.
In just a few strides I met her where I left her in the sand with a stick in hand as she was doodling something.
"Hey Kairi, sorry I kept you waiting."
"Oh, hey Korie," she stood up and dusted the sand off herself."That's okay, at least your here now."
"So...ummm...what shall we do first?" I asked.

Darren

"The lasagna, steak; medium rear of coarse and fried rice sounds good," the gentleman in the fine suit ordered. I had guessed he was a lawyer or some type.
"Okay any beverages sir?" I asked writing down everything he wanted.
"Yes, a glass of your finest sherry wine would do just fine," He answered.
"Okay anything for desert?"
" A piece of velvet cake would be splendid."
"Alright then if that's everything I'll be right back with your order," I flashed a smile, before heading back into the kitchen and giving the cook the order.
"Hey Darren," I heard Sam call me.
"Oh, hey Sam," I went over to talk to her. "What's up? Aren't you suppose to be working?"
"I'm on break and well we didn't finish our bet earlier."
"Yea' I know."
"So what time do you get off?"
"I don't clock out til seven, but how about we finish it up our little deal early tomorrow morning?"
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu May 06, 2010 4:16 pm
Theodorable says...

Sam

Sam thought for a moment, "Yeah, that'd be fine. Meet you outside the cabins?"

"Yeah, just after sunrise. That's when the best waves are out," Darren smiled.

Sam couldn't help but smile back, she could hardly remember a time that he didn't smile. She turned and with a slight sway in her hips walked back out to the pool.

The group that was assembled was waiting for her, she clapped her hands together and looked into the young eager faces. "Okay, guys. Let's get back into the water!"

She smiled as the kids rushed into the pool splashing and kicking and screaming. Sam pulled her wrap over her head and stepped back into the cool water. She waded out infront of the kids. "Okay, now we're going to work on our breathing..."
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

84 Reviews

Thu May 06, 2010 8:08 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Leigh:

I shed my uniform, again, and picked up my surf board. The waves were getting low so I couldn't ride any. That was disappointing. I slowly and leisurly walked to the cabin and thought.

Wow, I can't believe Kairi likes Korie. I wonder how that'll turn out? What would happen if they went out? What would go on with the compitition if they went out? They should go out. They seem to like each other. I thought about the last part. It was kind of weird because I caught Korie looking at Seth several times today. "Oh well." I said to myself.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 1
Thu May 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Fox says...

Kairi

"What shall we do first?" Korie asked me after coming back from talking to Leigh.

"I'm not sure." I said. I thought for a second. "Well, if you want, we could just walk around the beach while we think of something."

"Okay." He said with a smile.

I saw him glance at Seth, who seemed to be watching us, so I turned in another direction. I could still feel Seth's eyes on us.

"We could just swim for a little." I suggested after a while.

Korie just shrugged. "Whatever you want to do is fine by me." he said. I smiled.

I walked slowly towards the shore. This was a good time to just talk, so I took the opportunity.

"You never answered my question." I said after some silence.

Korie just looked at me with a confused expression.

"I had asked what you were going to do with the prize money if you won. Remember, before Sam and Darren made that little bet."

"Oh ya!" Korie said.

"Well?"

For a second, there was silence again while Korie thought. I waited patiently for his answer. While there was still silence, I turned my head and glared at Seth, who was still watching us. He turned away when I looked at him, but I knew he watched us again when I turned away.

"Well--" Korie said.

Seth came up between the two of us. "What's up guy?!" he said. I glared at him.

UGH! I'll never get a chance to talk to him! I thought to myself.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher