Young Writers Society

The Masked Ones

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 am
Apple says...

The Masked Ones

Rules:

• Maximum two characters, preferably one male the other female.
• No God Modeing on the characters, so for example don’t have super strength, acrobatic, great singing characters.
• Post regularly, I know that I often don’t but I will try to pull my toosh. :D
• Be Creative!
• If you have a picture, place it in a spoiler.
• Magical Powers are not allowed for any characters of The Masked Ones. The only person with magic is Lacen, and even then it is weak and deprived from black arts.

History

Xenon the Merciful inherited the throne of Grantania shortly after he hit maturity, following the death of his father, Godewyn the cruel, who was assassinated. As one of his first acts of mercy, Xenon released all prisoners convicted of crimes of violence under his father's reign and had them forcibly drafted as his own guards men.

Lacen Fardlock, the last prisoner to be released from the murky dungeons under the castle, was appointed handmaiden of Xenon the Merciful. Plotting Xenon's death, Lacen began to form a cult approved on destroying Xenon and taking the throne of Grantania.

Using the power given to him, Lacen managed to solely under take the throne and destroy the lands Xenon had managed to heal. Waging a war against any that stood in his way Lacen managed to bring down nations without simply lifting a finger.

To this day, Lacen the Fearless, has managed to make the kingdom of Grantania tremble in fear under his unlawful reign.

Information:

The Masked Ones- A troupe of masked acrobats, skilled singers, heavy weight lifters, and adventurous dreamers, travel across the kingdom of Grantania trying to bring happiness to the already scarred civilians.

Lacen, now a very old man, despises The Masked Ones and rather they all died. Sending out guard’s man after The Masked Ones, it’s a wild chase of cat and mouse across the kingdom of Grantania to try and catch the performers before they place ludicrous ideas into the people of Grantania’s heads.

Little do the Mask Ones know that, Lacen the Fearless has a secret weapon, one that will end the battle and the kingdom of Grantania forever.

Note on The Masked Ones:

The Masked Ones are a small troupe who adopt people who look in need and train them to be killed in either fire juggling, acrobatics, singing and etc. They have no liking for the current ruler of Grantania and rather serve under Xenon the Merciful.

Each of them hide behind masks of animals, each one different from the other. Their real names are unknown or if known hidden, instead they are corresponded by the animal they wear. The Masked Ones travel in caravans pulled by horses and oxen.

Acts in the Troupe:

• Fire Juggling
• Acrobatics
• Weight Lifting
• Animal Taming
• Tight Rope walker
• Singing
• Clowns
• Acting
• Illusionists

Settings:

Every mountain, every hill and every road is lead under the reign of Lacen. Crops do not grow in the fields, trees and plants are often wilting and lakes and rives mostly dried up.

The Kingdom of Grantania is a wasteland, one which use to have everlasting beauty but now a land of death.

Character Palette:(Could you please post profiles in the DT)

Spoiler! :
Name:
Gender: (Make it to ratio, please. Not a six males and one female)
Appearance:
Mask:
Picture:
Talent: (Make it something different, so, not like a hundred fire juggles and one in the others.)
History: (How you came to the Masked Ones)
Personality:
Flaws:
Likes/Dislikes:
Strengths/Weakness:
Up for Love:
Other: (Optional)

Summary of Storybook: (For those who don't like reading a lot.)

You are a Masked One- a moving group of skill filled people who follow under the reign of
Xenon the Merciful who was killed by Lacen the Fearless, a man who was brought the kingdom of Grantania to a deathly wake.

The Masked ones go around the Kingdom trying to bring happiness to the people of Grantania, though Lacen doesn't like this. Sending out gaurds to kill anyone who is in or favours the Masked Ones.
Last edited by Apple on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I spy!

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Name: Acele

Appearance: She is thin and has long pretty hair and pretty eyes... see pic.

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Talent: Illusionist

History: Acele was abandoned by her parents when she was just a baby. She was then adopted by cruel parents. When she turned twelve, she ran away and the Masked Ones found her and took her in, seeing as she could do magic tricks very well.

Personality: She is very gentle and loving. She is kind, but very shy at times, though when she is on stage, she is automatically confident.

Flaws: She can be quiet. She can also be judgemental.

Likes/Dislikes: She loves bright colors and birds.

Strengths/Weakness: She is very protective, and can be strong when she needs to be. She has a love for her friends, even after her parents abandoned her and her adoptive parents were cruel.

Up for Love: Sure
Last edited by Forestqueen808 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

Reviews: 2
Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 am
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

OMGosh!! I have to be in this! Save two spots! :D
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

199 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 am
Apple says...

Okay, my profile is in the DT if anyone wants to see it.
I spy!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 am
Ben10 says...

I hope you don't mind but I posted a profile in the DT.
An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Name: Chantel and Dextra (Dex)
Appearance:
Chantel~has silver hair, and deep blue eyes.
Dextra~has light brown which is normally in a pony tail, and playfull green eyes
Mask:
Chantel~silver wolf.
Dextra~cheatah
Picture:
Spoiler! :

Talent:
Chantel~Singer
Dextra~Acrobat
History: Their parents were killed when they were young after they hid them in a back closet. After two days, they came out and were found a week later by the Masked-ones hugging each other on the side of the road, both crying. They've been with the Masked-ones ever since
Personality:
Chantel~Quiet when not singing, stoic, keeps to herself, very calm and relaxed.
Dextra~Very chaty, very social(ironic that her mask is the cheetah), outward, but prone too explosive anger.
Flaws:
Chantel~Fear.
Dextra~Anger.
Likes/Dislikes:
Chantel~Likes~Quiet places, singing by herself. Dislikes~being dissed, evil people, boys.
Dextra~Likes~Preforming, being around people . Dislikes~being ignored, being shunned, evil people
Strengths/Weakness:
Chantel~Strengths~Singing, keeping Secrets. Weaknesess~other people, crowds.
Dextra~Strengths~Crowds and controlling them, flexibility. Weaknesess~being alone, being in confined places
Other: They are total polar opposites, but they are best friends and NEVER fight. Stay together no matter what. Would die for each other. When they were living by themselves, they were attacked by royal guards. They had their backs close to each other when the guards advanced. before they were able to escape, one of guards slashed at them and cut them on the arm, a long scar remains and is compleate when they stand back to back.
Last edited by KinetaAlettaThyra on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If that never happened,

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:22 pm

oh, we post profiles in the DT. I'll post there too then. :smt003
If that never happened,

199 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:04 pm
Apple says...

That's okay. Everyone's posting everywhere so *shrugs* doesn't matter. :D
I spy!

Reviews: 3
Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:46 pm
Daisy131Spoink says...

Hmm I'll join this, for a guy. Watch this for a profile, or maybe I'll do it in the DT? Either way I'll have one up.

9 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 pm
Ben10 says...

When is this going to start?
An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'

199 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:22 pm
Apple says...

Well we might as well now. :D Great profiles everyone, we do need a few more guys but if others decide to join or anyone wants to double up than fine! :)

Elinor-Fox

I sat by the warm glow of the fire, smoke drifted upwards into the sky dancing along side the twinkling stars. I pulled my cloak around my shoulders trying to savour the warmth.

“It’s freezing cold today!” I muttered to Blaine who sat next to me, staring into the fire. He always did that; stare into the flames. Maybe it was because he was a fire juggler!

“You hear that?” Blaine asked. I strained my ears for a sound, there! Coming up the hills towards the caravans, the loud sound of beating hooves. I screamed out lunging to my feet.

“Lacen’s warriors!” I looked up see Chantel come sprinting out of a caravan Dextra following after her. Blaine jumped to his feet, grabbing at a large stick he placed it into the fire letting it catch alight.

Lint rushed past us, his ox mask tied to his face. Holding an axe above his head he charged towards the warriors running into the camp.

Blaine-Bear

Twirling the stick around in my grip, I felt a small touch of fear grip at my heart. Men wearing heavy plate armour bounded towards us on black stallions, their eyes hidden by blinkers.

I could hear the alarmed cries of other Masked Ones as they tried to run away from Lacen’s men. Charging forward I swung the fire baton in one of the Guard’s face. The horse reared back, whining into the night. The man fell off, grunting as he hit the ground.

Jumping forward I slashed him across the waist the fire burning his pale skin. He screamed out grabbing for his sword. I stumbled back my eyes widening, I was glad I had a mask on so who wouldn’t see the fear that tumbled through me.

“Stupid bastard of a child!” The guard spat rushing forward, swinging his sword above his head he brang it down. I jumped back, the sword embedding in the floor. Grinning widely I kicked forward sending the guard tumbling to the floor.
I spy!

9 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:33 pm
Ben10 says...

Lint:

Chopping forward, a guard crashed to the floor. I turned away not wanting to look at the wreckage I had made. I heard a battle cry coming towards me turning I watched as two heavily plated men rode towards me, large spear held high into the sky.

Stumbling backwards my grip tightened on the axe. A blur of speed moved in the corner of my eye, Jenna jumped into the tree moving towards the top most branch.

Jumping she landed on one the guards sending the both of them crashing towards the floor. The other horse veered away it’s head being pulled up by the reigns of it’s master.

I rushed towards Jenna, her hands moved liquidly as she cracked the skull of the guard with her bare hands.
“Thanks.” I said smiling lifting up the guard’s spear. The horse underneath galloped away towards the shrubs.

“You should be more careful,” Jenna said repositioning her spider mark.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 pm
phantom of the potter says...

Jenna

"You should be more careful," Jenna said lazily as she straightened her mask. Lint shrugged. Jenna fixed him with a long stare.

"Come on," she cried. Jenna swung her legs back up into the tree and hung there for a second. She glared at Lint. "Are you coming? Jump!"

Lint pulled himself up onto the branch. Jenna made a dissatisfied noise in the back of her throat. She pushed him off of the branch. "I said jump, Lint! Use your legs!"

Lint landed on his feet. He looked up at her, frustrated. Jenna looked past him at the sound of approaching horses. More soldiers were coming down the hill toward them.

"Oh, never mind, then!" said Jenna exasperatedly. "Just get up here!" Jenna scrambled deep into the heart of the tree. The tree shook as Lint followed her. Jenna motioned for him to be quiet as they crouched deep in the branch of the tree.

**Hope I got the character right, Ben.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Acele

More men were charging down the hill. I quickly saw Jenna and Lint climb up into the tree. "Jenna! Help!" I called. Jenna reached down and quickly grabbed my hand, helping me scramble up onto the branch.

"That was close," I whispered as the men surrounded our camp.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

199 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 pm
Apple says...

Elinor-Fox

Jumping down from the caravan I struck out at a guard sending him sprawling onto the floor. He cursed loudly jumping to his feet, punching towards me it brushed against my shoulder sending pain through me.

Ignoring the pain I ducked under another attack to my head and round house kicked. The guard grunted stumbling back. Layton jumped out from one of the caravans, his shirt wide open.

Bringing a pan down across the gaurds head, he fell heavily landing on the floor with a gurgle. I looked up at Layton, he dropped the pan and rushed off.
I spy!

You flare, you flicker, you fade... And in the end, all your tomorrows become yesterdays.
— Megatron (Lost Light, by Roberts, Lawrence, Lafuente)