Young Writers Society

New Years Zodiac

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:20 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Jager Vice-
I sat on the top of the bookshelf, reading It by Stephen King. As soon as I was getting to the part where the guy was letting the clown convince him to go under the bridge, it slipped. I tried to grab it before it fell, but, sadly, failed.
" Ow," came a sound from below me. I jumped down and landed with a thud beside a table.
" I'm sorry!" I picked up the book and sighed, i'd lost my page. I looked up at a girl that was staring wide eyed at me, her bottom lip trembling slightly. I smiled a bit. " I'm Jager."
" M-Mira." She said. I rolled my eyes. She was acting as if she had never seen a guy with horns and a tail drop from the ceiling before. Just to see her reaction, I sat on the edge of the table in front of her. Her eyes got slightly wider.
" So," I drawled," what bring you here?" Getting over her slight fear, she raised the book she was reading.
" I like to r-read." I shook my head at her and flicked my tail absently.
" So do I! Hard to believe." She gave a nervos laugh.
" You don't look like the reading type." I scoffed and fliped my hair out of my eye.
" Well, that makes me feel special." She laughed a bit and I shook my head.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:49 pm
Apple says...

Casey~

“Its new years!” A voice screamed happily, “It’s time to party!” Another joined in. I began to dance grinning wildly.
“C’mon girly!” I said loudly waving my hands in the air. Veil was already jumping around with me but Lynn wasn’t. “Dancing makes every happy!”

Lynn blinked at me as I had a second head, I pressed my fingers to my neck to make sure I hadn’t grown one. Alright, I haven’t! I though to myself.
“Do you like new years?” She bit her lip suddenly, as if contemplating what she said. I could feel my ears twitching but I decided to ignore them.

“Yes!” I said my voice rising, “I love new years!”

Mira~

I stared up at the boy, I looked back down at the heavy book that had landed on me. ‘Wow, you learn something new everyday!’ I thought. I looked at his tail behind him, he didn’t even try to conceal it. I shrugged slightly hoping he hadn’t noticed.

‘People wouldn’t believe it anyway, they’d think it is a Halloween costume and leave it at that!’ I told myself rather angrily.
“What?” Jager asked. I felt my cheeks go red, I had been staring at him. Looking away I shook my head. I reached up and touch the horn on my head that was hidden by ribbons.

“Never seen a guy with a tail before?” He snapped suddenly offended. I moved the ribbon away from my horn so it would become visible. I bit into my lip hoping on one else would notice.

Jager gasped, “Sheep?”
I nodded.
I spy!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:59 pm
Ben10 says...

Train:

I stared up at the white haired girl, her eyes narrowed as she inspected me. Who was she?
“Train” I said absently. I kicked at a rock sending it flying away. The girl laughed,
“I don’t give out my name to easily, Train” She grinned mischievously.
I blinked at her for a second, sort of regretting telling her my name. I shrugged, “What ever I’ll just call you White.”

“Why Silver?” She said suddenly.
“Your hair is White!” I said tensely, didn’t she notice that or was is a sudden epiphany.
“You can’t talk.” She said rather sharply, “Your hair is covered in it old man.”
I gritted my teeth, “I’m an old man! You whole head…and what are you talking about! My hair had silver not white?” I made an outraged face.

“Look Train I’d love to stay and chat I just want to know something?” White said smoothly flicking a hair behind her small ear. Something about her, what was it? I couldn’t quite put my finger on it…

“I might not answer…” I said plainly, “If you can’t trust me than neither I too you.”
An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:15 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Lynn

"You're really hyper...aren't you?" I asked, staring at Casey.

"Yep!" she cried, twirling around.

I nodded slowly, I fingered my iPod in my pocket, almost wishing to turn it on. I would prefer listening to music than dance without it.

"Oh come on! Dance!" Casey grabbed my wrist and we began turning around and acting crazy.

"No!" I protested and...and, the next thing I knew my head had gone into her stomach and she was lying on the ground.

"Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! I am so sorry!" I cried, tears brimming my eyes. "I'm-I'm so sorry!" I closed my eyes and turned away, sprinting in the other direction.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

199 Reviews

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm
Apple says...

Casey~

I gasped suddenly my breath escaping me. I fell to the ground clutching at my stomach. I heard Lynn's voice though it was more of a blur. I pulled away my hand to see a faint stream of blood.

My hand began to shake, I looked back up to see Lynn sprint off her long hair dancing in the wind.
I took in a shallow breath clutching at my wound. Picking myself up I used the locker to keep me standing.

I looked back down at my stomach, "It's not that bad!" I told myself. Picking up my shirt I blinked down at my wound. "I stand corrected." a very large bruise intertwined under two wide yet shallow holdes. Blood was drooling from them, the inside of my flesh visible.
I spy!

143 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:47 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Veil-
I fliped in the air and turned in circles. This was so much fun. Suddenly, something hit the ground with a loud thunk.
" Ohmygawsh! Ohmygawsh!" I turned around and saw Rawr on the ground. I gasped and ran over to her. " I'm- I'm so sorry!" Lynn ran away the other direction and I knelt down by Rawr.
" Rawr? Casey? Casey are you okay." She groaned and clutched her stomach. "You okay?" She groaned agaon and squeezed her eyes shut tight.
" I'm fine," she grimaced. I chewed on my bottom lip and picked her up, making sure not to squish her stomach, headed for the nurses office. " What are you doing, Veil?" I rolled my eyes and my ears twitched.
" Taking you to the nurse," I hissed. She opened her mouth again but I just shook her head. " No protest."

151 Reviews

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:12 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Lynn

I quickly ran into the girl's bathroom and hid in a stall. My anger had gotten the best of me this time. I hadn't meant to! I was just...I just...

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I suddenly felt sick. I had hurt her, I had hurt her really bad...

Suddenly I heard the door open and shoes walking across the floor. Quickly I sat on the toilet and hunched up into a ball to make sure that the person wouldn't see me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:28 am
ScarlettFire says...

**Just to let you know in advance-Ciaran is a guy.**

Ciaran:

I saw what had happened from my place in the shadows down the hall. I didn't worry about the other two, the boy had taken her off somewhere. Probably the nurse's office.

I shrugged and pushed away from the wall, following the other girl into the girl's toilet.

"Hello?" I asked. I heard a door slam and a toilet seat creak. "I know you're in here."

I sighed. I guess she didn't want to talk.

"I saw what happened," I told her and turned to go. I heard a seat creak again and looked into the mirror. A door opened at the far end and she peeked around the corner.

"What're you doing in the girl's toilet?" she asked.

I laughed. "Don't ask."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:12 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Roxy:

I lay on the sofa listening to my ipod. It's New Years. I hate it. I tried ignoring everyone but it didn't work. Someone sat on my feet. Yanking the earbuds out of my ears I complained "Ow!"
Live, Love, Laugh

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:41 pm
Rydia says...

Lilia

"Well that's too bad," I chattered happily. "I haven't denied you the answers to your questions." The boy was fun to play with. Odd that. He seemed so easily ruffled for one who went to school. Still. He had higher education than me so I had to be carefull, slowly, slowly.

"I haven't asked you any questions," Train complained. I grinned at that and tipped my head to one side, cupping my face in one hand.

"True that. Not my fault but actually I like you. Have a freebie, go ahead and ask." The feeling was growing stronger and I wondered at the chance meeting that I should be talking to one of my own kind on a day such as this! I wondered what animal he was, it seemed to me a strong one. Boar, Ox, Dragon, Monkey... one of those. I always got on with people of those zodiacs or usually at least. I suppose that was why I felt less threatened than I might normally have done.

"Okay, who are you?" Train asked. Not the monkey I decided, he didn't seem to have the same intelligence or cunning I associated with them.

"That's a lot of question, be more specific!" I taunted.

"I'd settle for a name right now. Why don't you tell me that?" he asked. He looked back toward the school and I felt that our conversation was drawing to a close. He'd have to leave me.

"I'm Lilia. My turn. Which animal are you? I think an Ox, you seem determined and strong to me."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

151 Reviews

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Lynn

"Is...Is Casey hurt really bad?" I sniffled...what the hell was a guy doing in the girl's bathroom? "And...what if a girl walks out of the stall?"

"You're the only one in here," the boy snickered.

I slowly opened the stall door and stared at the boy. He had black hair, and the most gorgeous eyes I had ever seen. They stood out and soon entranced me.

The boy laughed, "Yeah, everyone notices my eyes first."

"Oh huh?" I shook my head, blinking several times.

"I'm Ciaran," he said, extending a hand.

"Lynn," I replied.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

143 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:04 pm
LovelessSummer says...

Jager Vice-
I laughed and shook my head, I should have known. I pulled on her horns a bit and she grimaced.
" A sheep, aye?" She nodded and blushed a bit. I laughed, despite myself, making her bluh deeper. " Why do you hide your horns?" She reached to put back on her ribbons, but I grabbed then first and shoved them in my pocket. She pouted and then sighed.
" Because I don't want everyone thinking of me as a freak. Why don't you hide yours?" I scoffed and stood up.
" Because I don't care what people think, and shoving my tail inside a pair of jeans is uncomfortable." She nodded and said something that I couldn't quite catch. " What was that?" She blushed red quickly and stood up.
" N-nothing." I shrugged and grabbed my book, the bell rang harshly. She cringed at the sound.
" Well, bye!" I jumped climbed back up the bookcase.
" Don't you have to get to class," she asked shyly while looking around.
" Yeah."
" Then why don't you? It's not good to skip. You'll get in trouble." I jumped down and stood close to her, smiling a bit.
" Didn't know you cared so much." She flushed and I chuckled a bit.
" Well, ummm. I just-" I ruffled her hair and walked away, laughing silently to myself.

199 Reviews

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:14 pm
Apple says...

Mira~

I looked after him my cheeks blazing a tomato red. I looked back down at my book, I gaged suddenly. My horns, they were visible. Clamping my hands over them I rushed out of the library trying to find Jager.

I stepped out into the busy hall's, he was gone. Shoot! I looked around to see normal students parading around their eyes were wide with happiness. I was so screwed, I coudln't last the day without using my hands.

Casey~

I'm going to skip through the day a bit so we can get to this new years, okay?? :D

I wretched slightly at the sound of the bell going, my eyes widened in pain.
I looked up to see Veil blinking drowsily in the corner, "What happened?" The school nurse asked, her already large eyes went wider.

"Nothing" I said groggily, she scoffed.
"It sure don't look like nothing," She paused staring down at the her handywork. "Looks like someone mauled you."

I nodded, Lynn's face appearing in my mind. "Feels like it too," I sat up goraning.
"I don't think you should be moving little miss, maybe you should go to the hospital"
Veil snored loudly, his eyes suddenly snapped open and he nearly tumbled to the floor.

He yawned realising we were watching him, "Can we get lunch now, it's noon already."
I spy!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:41 pm
curiousvampire says...

I have no idea where to begin Can someone bump into one of characters. Thanks.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 pm
KinetaAlettaThyra says...

Ditto! Please!
Curiosity killed the cat,
But Satisfaction brought it back! :D
If that never happened,
How do you think I'm still here? ;)

Everyone has a right to be Stupid
but that doesn't mean you should abuse the privilege!

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer