Shaman

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:51 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Branwen:

I had just been chosen to guard the village's Elder Shaman on a jounery, but I could already feel danger building. I clutched my tailsman, feeling another soul leave this world. What was going on here?

"Elder," I called and yelped when Senka spoke.

Do not bother her, Gwen, he said. I felt him at my back, watching me. I nodded and let go of my tailsman. She will only worry and that is not needed.

The Elder turned back to me. "Did you say something?" she asked. I shook my head.

"It was nothing," I told her and she turned away again. We were leaving the village, heading far away.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:46 pm
Allessandre says...

Anakay:

I groaned, pain shooting up my leg and through my back. I couldnt remember what had happened to me, just my name, Anakay. Sitting up, I look around me,forest, forest and more forest.
"How the hell am I going to get out of this?" I groan as pain shoots through me again. Maybe someone will find me, maybe I'll remember my life, maybe. Then it hits me Tenebrae! my panther, where is she? I try to lift my hands, but this only causes more pain to shoot through me. Where is Tenebrae, what happened to me?
Last edited by Allessandre on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:34 pm
Bloo says...

Hope its not too late to join.

Name: Nick Keen
Affiliation: Shaman

Power: His spirit animal is the Mole. It grants him the ability of armor like skin. It also gives him the ability to bend the earth around him, rock and plant.

Weapons: Two, simple, wooden, baseball bat like clubs. They have a switch at the base that ejects small blades from the top, allowing him to finish people off.

Appearance: http://aimhigh12.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 010-02.jpg

Personality: He is very aloft, not caring about much. He would rather lay and stare at the clouds over anything else. He is pretty slow, and oblivious to a lot of thing, even when its night time. In a fight he is just as slow, but his aloof nature tends to work for him, often throwing people off due his calmness. To those with short tempers he is very frustrating, and tends to space out a lot in front of people.

History: His father did not like the idea of training Nick to be a shaman, with the advances of the Grims he thought it was too dangerous for him. Even though untrained he would be defense less. An Elder took over his training, and he barley made it to an official shaman, but the elder thought he had potential with the right animal.

Other: He wears glasses, and is near sighted. Is not really up for love, being too slow to really understand it.

Animal-
Name: Keb
Animal: Mole
Personality: Keb was recommended to Nick by his trainer, and dislikes Nick a lot. He is a wise animal, but has a very short temper. He is impatient, so Nick's very slow nature makes them, or rather Keb more, want to kill each other.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 pm
kidashka says...

Does anyone else want to be a Grim? (even if it's a second character) because I'm the only one and it's hard to move the plot forward for me... :?

I mentioned three Grims in my last post, if anyone wants those. [Names - Zerda, Taran, Acari]
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:36 am
PhoenixBishop says...

I thought this was dead. Now that I see there is in fact some interest I'll try to bring life into this.

kidashka
What you did is fine. All Grims have their own motives. Some just like to kill and others want to save the trapped spirits. So good job.

As for your questions.
Are the guardian spirits always animals even in the spirit world? Only spirit animals provide power. Human spirits are Grims and would never be used as a guardian spirit.
Can Grims take the form of animals? No
Also, can you kill a shaman without destroying their talisman? Destroying the talisman deprives them of their power. It will not kill them. Shamans are for the most part human so what ever would kill a human can kill them.

To help out I'll post a profile for a grim to help you out.

Name -Zerda
Age -Died at 18 been a grim for 107 years
Gender- Male
Affiliation-Grim
Power All the powers of a grim
Weapons:He carries a large scythe
Appearance He is inhabiting the body of a pale teen that is tall and skinny.
Personality- He is usually kind natured and often makes light of the fact that they are dead. He has a whole act where he pretends he's the grim reaper. Most of the other Grims find him annoying. In battle he likes to mock his opponents and play with them. He never takes anything in life seriously.
History- He was killed by a Grim when he was 18 and that same Grim took him under his wing and trained him how to use his Grim powers. His Grim master was destroyed and he vowed to avenge him.

Jared~

I followed closely to our elder knowing that if anything happened to him I could never return to the village. I wold give myself to the spirits if any harm came to him. The other body guards didn't have this same mind frame which annoyed me. I pulled out one of my Sai and absently twirled it. I could see the village up ahead. There huts as far as the eye could see made of clay and In the middle of this was a large dome that had a eagle symbol on it's front. Thick walls were built and standing at various points were shaman with bows. This place was a fortress. No grim would be able to get in here. I had no reason to worry and yet I could't stop worrying.

You should worry, Mantis said to me.

I nodded. I would not let my guard down just because we were in the most protected city. Grims were resourceful I knew they could break in if they really tried.

Zerda~

Serra called for us to assemble. I sauntered over swinging my scythe with careless abandon.

"Will you stop winging that before you cut off one of my host's limbs," Taran snapped.

I gave her a sour look but lowered my scythe. The others were already mad at me for playing with one of the shamans for too long. Long enough that he manged to send out a message to a close by village. We had lost a few Grims in this battle so we would have to move before they caught up.

"We only need one hundred more souls, and then we can summon him," Serra said.

I nodded.

Long ago the first Grim was hunted down by one thousand shaman and sealed inside of the earth. It was only recently that we had discovered that by collecting one thousand souls that we could break the seal and release The Grim. With his help attacking Tala would be easy.

"We must regroup and then move on to the next village to collect the next one hundred, then we can summon. The original Grim Reaper," Serra said.

We all nodded, gathered are stuff and headed for north where are reinforcements were stationed.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

33 Reviews

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:23 am
kidashka says...

So... could you kill a shaman without destroying their talisman? My plan was that they take the guise of a shaman by stealing a talisman - would they be able to summon an animal spirit or would they have to win over an existing one?
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

33 Reviews

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 am
kidashka says...

So... could you kill a shaman without destroying their talisman? My plan was that they take the guise of a shaman by stealing a talisman - would they be able to summon an animal spirit or would they have to win over an existing one?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 pm
Allessandre says...

Could someone PLEASE find Anakay before she dies, she's hurt really bad, lot of broken bones, deep gashes etc, i dont want her to die.
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

33 Reviews

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:55 pm
View Likes
kidashka says...

*pause*

...Would you be against the idea of a bunch of Grims picking her up? I promise not to kill her... it might be interesting =]

Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:04 pm
Allessandre says...

No i wouldnt, but her panther isnt with her, I odnt know where it is

33 Reviews

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:05 pm
kidashka says...

~Serra~

We moved swiftly, darting through the woodland in search of the next village. Every so often there was a pause as we stopped to dispatch the occassional traveller, Zerda taking great delight in their suffering before we quickly ran onwards.

My heart was thumping at the thought of the next village and the next hundred or so souls. Soon enough we would be able to free the first Grim and take down the shamans that had hunted our kind since the beginning of time. Soon, our revenge would come crashing down on them. I let a smile spread over my face as the wind ran through my hair.

There was a shout from behind me, and I stopped, turning to see what the problem was. Taran was crouched over a slumped figure, giving it a predatory stare. I approached slowly, kicking him out of the way as I inspected the body. A human, still alive from the looks of things.

"Can't we just kill it and move on?" Taran whined from behind me.

I snarled at him, pulling him back towards me. "Do you see what this is?" I demanded of him, showing him what I'd found from around the human's neck. Taran gave it a disgusted look. "It's a shaman talisman." he growled impatiently, "So all the more reason to kill it!"

I shoved him back to the floor. "Idiot! Do you know what we could do with a shaman under our wing? This one's alone, and vulnerable." I stroked the shaman's hair in an almost affectionate gesture, smiling softly. "She's going to be to be our ticket to Tala."

I looked up at Acari and Zerda. "Once we've released the original Grim, of course." The shaman at my feet started to stir, and I glared at Taran. "Go and find her guardian." I ordered. "You two, stay here."

[There you go, we've 'saved' you.]

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:35 am
Allessandre says...

(Anakay)

I started to wake up again, hearing voices but not knowing what they said, I groaned again. Though I knew it didn't help anything, it distracted me. Blinking my eyes open, I saw a strange girl with dark hair. I struggled to sit up, fearful of what she might do to me. Brushing my hair from my face I stared at her, expecting her to attack me any moment now, "Who are you, and where's Tenebrae?"

(Thanks so much for "saving" me)

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes