z

Young Writers Society

Punishers

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:00 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

It's been quite some time since I've actually made a storybook. So here goes. :)

You've always been taught that love is not pure. It's the root of all evil. Love is illegal in the world because it's been traced as the major cause for war and the almost extinction of man-kind. So the world decided it needed a change and now it is dominated by an unknown force that works in large buildings all around the world. They are known as "Punishers." There is one (Punisher building) in each city to "take care" of those who don't follow the rules.

The rules of this new world are:
1. So as you're told by those ranking above you (aka the police officers and etc who report everything to the Punishers.
2. Children are to be given up to the Punishers at the age of 5 to 13 so they don't get the idea to be independent. They are to do as they are told. Always.
3. If you don't give up your child to the Punishers you will be terminated. If the child is too old to be controlled by then, so will him or her.
4. Your life has been decided for you on the date of your birth. You will have a job assigned to you. You will already have a husband for you to live the rest of your life with. A house, a car, etc.
5. If you rebel, if you go against any of the rules or get the idea that you are independent, you will be terminated.
7. Never leave the city unless accompanied by one who is of power.
6. Never, EVER fall in love. Love is evil and it will kill man-kind.

Now, of course, there are those who rebel. These rebels have left the city and live in the wild. Either their parents took them out long ago so they would never be changed or they left on their on. The Punishers can't change the mind, but they can scare you into never going against them. Some humans would rather die than live lives chosen for them. Some of the rebels broke the big rule. They fell in love and couldn't stand to be apart from that person so they ran off. The Rebel take care of each other because it's always a possibility that the Punishers will capture them.

So, of course, every person is different. You can either play the part of:
1. A "Punisher" out to seek the rebels out in the world.
2. A Rebel.
3. A citizen who is either content with their life given to them or one who wants to see more of the world. Wanting to find the rebels.

Okay, I hope you like this. I'll be taking 12 max! If there is not a lot of interest (I hope there is!) I will take 5 min! If there isn't 5, well, I can take a hint (; and we'll let it die.

So, all YWS rules apply. Notice I put 18+ up as a rating but PLEASE nothing too graphic. At all. I'm a big girl but sometimes it can get too much. Drugs, violence, romance, it's all fine, but don't be graphic and nasty with it. :) Also you can have up to 2 characters. If you don't post within the first 2 weeks it starts, then you're out unless you PM me.

Please follow this profile. It's the one I'm using for my character but it's just a guideline for you:

Name: Madison "Maddie" Moore.

Age (5-50): 24

Rebel/Citizen/Punisher: Rebel

About him/her: She's strong and independent. She was born and raised outside the city. She knows nothing about the Punishers except what her parents told her. They fell in love and ran away together. Maddie see that controlling others the way the Punishers do is wrong. But she's still fascinated with the city, going closer and closer to it's borders, much to her parents dismay. She's very sneaky and clever, but had many close calls with Punisher agents who think they may have spotted her. Though, she can defend herself very well. All rebels can.

Jobs: Not with the city, but her job for the Rebels is to recruit. She's pretty and kind so people are drawn to her. Those citizens who want more of the world come to Maddie (on the outskirts of the city) and she'll show them "their new world."

Appearance: She's tall, 5'11'' and has a average build. She has a woman's body, very curvy. She also has broad shoulders and thick arms and legs of muscle. She has blonde-brown hair that goes just to her elbows and light brown eyes.

Other: Up for love. she's very curious about it.

**Hope you like this! Feel free to join on in!**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

*saves spot for a girl* Can we do multiple charries, or just one?
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:22 am
ScarlettFire says...

I think I'll claim a spot for a girl too. If that's alright with you.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

54 Reviews

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

That's totally fine guys! :D
And crocky you can have up to 2 characters! (:

However, since we have 3 girls now, I'd prefer our next 3 to be guys. :)
Thank you for being interested! :D
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:35 am
ScarlettFire says...

No problem. I shall post that profile later.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:17 am
pudin.junidf says...

I think I'll join. Saves spot for a girl and guy
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 am
ScarlettFire says...

Alright, my profile.

Name: Venezia "Zia" Slade.

Age (5-50): 19/20.

Rebel/Citizen/Punisher: Citzen soon to be Rebel.

About him/her: Venezia was a citizen until about a two days ago when she escaped from a compound and started wandering around in the forest. She had a husband but luckily he never forced her into anything she didn't want to do. Zia also has no children.

Jobs: She was an office assisstant while in the compound but found it boring and dull. She longed for something more...challenging. What will she become once she joins the Rebels?

Appearance: Tall with mid-back length blonde hair, dark grey eyes and an athletes body, Zia appears to be a model until you look into her eyes and see the intelligence there.
Spoiler! :

Other: She has always been curious about love, even though she was taught that it was evil and weak. Up for love. Zia never thought of love as 'weak' or 'evil'. It just was to her and still is. She never let the government know this though, as she would have been killed. She was a smart kid...
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:22 am
Billy says...

**Saves spot for male Punisher**
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:14 pm
brainychic212 says...

Hi, Tiger! I want to join! :smt003 Is it okay if I post my profile later? I want to be a male rebel, by the way.
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

54 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Chyeah it's okay! Thanks for joining Shella! :D

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:39 pm
kaiden says...

I think I'll join this one!!!

Name: Romeo Capulet ;D

Age (5-50): 30

Rebel/Citizen/Punisher: Punisher

About him/her: Had it not been for his job as a Punisher he would have opted to take a job as an artist or a writer. But like his fathers before him, he must assume the role of the Punisher, doing only how he was raised to do. Obey the law. Romeo no longer understands why love is evil and to some degree acknowledges the irony behind his job and rule. He has a wife to come home to(open to anyone who wants it but hurry because I'm going to make it for myself if no one does) but merely treats her as if she was his neighbor. He had long given up trying to communicate with her. An empty shell of what he once was, the young Punisher full of life and vigor replaced by the hollow, obligating silent Punisher.

Jobs: A full-time Punisher.

Appearance: Standing 6'5, 230 lbs of muscle. This walking giant has scars from previous rebel skirmishes. A little shot at art in his younger days, he bears the tribal tattoo that represented power. He keeps it simple with a buzzed hairdo.

Spoiler! :

Other: Every year, the conflicting turmoil in his mind rages on what's right and what's wrong.

feels really short, do I need to add anything else?
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 am
ScarlettFire says...

Romeo? You do realise that the Romeo is a character from Romeo and Juliet and that Capulet is Juliet's last name? Is it intended? :) If it is, then that's okay...

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm
Lydia1995 says...

I'll Join! :D

Name: Evie Hidderly

Age (5-50): 19

Rebel/Citizen/Punisher: Rebel

About him/her: She is quiet and withdrawn but she knows what is right. She believes in true love because her grandma was always talking about it before she was found out and terminated. She is hoping to find love within the rebel group. Before she left she was assigned a husband but he beat her and mis-used her so she ran away. She was on the outskirts of her village when a rebel recruiter found her and took her to the rebel group.

Jobs: When she was in the village she was a shop assistant but now that she is with the rebels she has been appointed position of chef as she cooked regularly with her grandmother at home before the 'new world'

Appearance: She is small and slight but very pretty. She has an elegance about her even when she is wearing scruffy clothes and rushing around cooking. She has mid-length wavy black hair and deep brown eyes.

Other: Up for love. She often sings songs about love whilst she is cooking.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

54 Reviews

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

I'm so excited that you guys are interested. :D And Scarlett...I'm pretty sure he did that on purpose. I think that was the point of the winking smile-y face after the name. Very ironic indeed!

If anyone still wants to join, please, feel free. :D Though no more girls from this point on. And if no one else joins, I'll make a second male character to try to even out the numbers. :) Anyone else can do that as well.

Lol. Well we'll start bright and early tomorrow morning. Can't wait! Thanks for the interest!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:52 am
ScarlettFire says...

If you want me to, I'll make a guy too.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin