z

Young Writers Society

Kunoichi (Ayumi and Emi)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:44 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

**We've got about four inches, now. Snickers likes the snow, but the others don't like it at all. :lol:**

Twisted her body, muscles flexing as she did a backbend and dodged Ayumi's strike. Emi reached down and grabbed Ayumi wrist while twisting her leg in towards Ayumi's thumb, breaking the hold. She brought her other leg down toward the girl's shoulder, but she quickly brought her free arm up and blocked the blow.

"Your taijutsu is impressive." Emi said, then loosed a burst of chakra into her legs and arms, allowing her to push out of Ayumi's grasp. Before she even hit the ground, Emi had completed a series of handseals. Her feet touched the ground and she let loose her jutsu. "Water Style, Suishouha!" A massive amount of rushing water appeared around her, and with a sharp motion, Emi directed it at Ayumi, sending it speeding toward her.

**I'm trying to use mostly the Second Hokage's techniques, to begin with. This is because I'm making it that the Third will have taught her those moves because of her lineage (and of course because of her affinity for water-type jutsus). I'm removing the Hyoton, but she can still use ice-style techniques when ice is present. Like in that one Naruto movie, where they had to protect that one princess with the necklace.**
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 am
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi gasped; there was no way she could avoid that. But... Her hands blurred as she summoned a decaying log, swept up in the current, into her place. Transforming it into herself, she vanished out of harms way. The raging torrent caught the substitution, pummelling it in her stead.

She sat with her back to a tree, just outside Emi's vision. She had to focus her breathing, to slow it down and prevent hyperventalation. Even her heart was racing.

Damn, Ayumi thought, she's making me work for this. Already, I've used a fourth of my chakra... She glanced over her shoulder; Emi was focusing, looking around, searching... This is not good...
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:11 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

"Come out, come out, wherever you are." Emi murmured as the water settled on the ground. She let her hands flow through the hand seals of her next jutsu. She didn't speak as she completed the jutsu and the rain picked up. She closed her eyes and concentrated.

Emi smirked. She moved in the blink of an eye, appearing on the branch with Ayumi. "Found you!" She aimed a punch at Ayumi's shocked expression.

164 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:38 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Instinctively, Ayumi brought up her left arm in a sweeping block, knocking Emi's wrist away as she lashed out with a punch of her own. As expected, Emi caught that before the blow even made contact.

Ayumi growled as Emi snatched her to her feet, kneeing her in the abdomen. Ayumi coughed; she was wide open! Emi had her by the wrist, under control -

Wait! Emi was right there, right in range! Ayumi forewent the hand signs and simply began to focus her chakra; she would need a lot, considering how the rain was pouring down upon them.

Ayumi tensed, simply trying to wrestle her way free; the pushing and pulling back and forth would keep Emi occupied long enough for her to build up enough chakra to perform her personal favorite jutsu...

She inhaled deeply, a smile flickering across her lips. Gokakyu! When she exhaled, a ball of flames exploded forth.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:54 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Shit! Emi released her hold on Ayumi and leapt back. She'd nearly let her get a hit on her with a C-Rank ninjutsu. She'd let herself underestimate Ayumi. She wasn't doing that again.

"You almost got me." Emi said. She placed her hands together and laced her fingers, leaving her middle and index fingers up and aligned. She stopped and looked towards the memorial. A Chuunin appeared there a second later. "Looks like we'll have to finish this later." She sighed.

Ayumi straightened and frowned as the rain dissipated. The memorial ground was flooded from Emi's attacks. It would be a few days before the puddles disappeared. Emi leapt from the tree, landing lightly before the Chuunin.

"Miss Sukotto." The chuunin said as Ayumi landed next to Emi. "The council wishes to see you."

Emi sighed, they weren't waiting to get the new treaty written. "Alright, I'll be there in a minute." The chuunin nodded and disappeared. "Well, Ayumi, I've got to go. I'll see you later, kay?"

164 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:20 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi nodded. "See you." She watched Emi vanish, heading off toward the center of the village.

She sighed; where had their youth gone? They were never allowed any time anymore. It was always meetings and missions, incessantly. They should never had hoped for some sparing time; with the village on its knees and its ally broken, there would be chaos - a perfect reason to take their time further.

She shook her head, rotating stiffened joints, and turned, walking casually toward the Academy, to receive her new orders.

***Are we going to do the skip, or what?***

28 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:05 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi blinked as she emerged into the sunlight. The Sand had offered a full surrender, and the Leaf had accepted. Politics as usual. But the question of the next Hokage still stood. Emi stretched her back and sighed. She'd been in meetings all week working out agreements with the Sand. They'd agreed quickly to nearly everything the Leaf had to offer.

A few birds chirped overhead just before a low grumbled escaped Emi's stomach. She'd missed breakfast this morning, and her stomach wasn't happy about it. She didn't want to eat anything huge, since lunch wasn't too far away. A snack to hold her over until lunch would be perfect. Emi headed off at a casual walk, enjoying the sunshine, and stretching her legs.

As she came to the dumpling shop, she saw Kakashi standing outside, reading a book. Walking closer she recognized the cover and her eyes widened.

"I didn't think you were the type to read those, Scarecrow." Emi said. Leaning over to peek at the page he was reading.

His head snapped up and the book closed quickly. "Oh, Emi. It just some light reading-"

"Oh, don't worry. I've already read all of them. The next one needs to hurry up and come out." Kakashi just stared at her. Emi smiled, "What? It's a good series."

"Kakashi." A voice said. Asuma and Kurenai had walked up.

"Hey, you guys." Kakashi said. "You two seem to be getting along."

Kurenai blushed. "Idiot. Anko just asked me to pick up some rice dumplings for her."

"What are you doing? Aside from catching up on your reading." Asuma glanced at Kakashi's book.

"I need to buy something to put on a grave, plus I'm meeting someone here. I'm just waiting on Sasuke."

Emi noticed Kakashi glance into the dumpling shop. Her breath caught when she saw a pair of men dressed in black coats marked with red clouds. Akatsuki She thought, but glued a smile on her face and stepped around Kakashi. "Hey, Asuma. Kurenai."

"Hey, Emi. You finally get done with your meetings?" Kurenai asked.

"For now." Emi sighed dramatically.

"It's not like you, Kakashi, to wait on somebody." Asuma joked. Emi quirked an eyebrow at him. Things must have really changed in the years she was absent. For one, she would never have imagined Kakashi reading anything like 'Come, Come Paradise', that's for sure. Now, Asuma was implying Kakashi had a tendency to be late. She must have missed a lot, like Hell freezing over. How could Mr. Adhere to the Rules have changed so drastically?

"I suppose you're buying something for Obito, then." Asuma said, serious, now.

"Obito?" Kurenai questioned. Emi turned to look at Kakashi. Obito had been Kakashi's teammate, years ago. Had something happened to him?

"Kakashi." Sasuke walked up. "It's not like you to be early."

Kakashi glanced into the stall. All four Jonin had seen the two men disappear. He looked at Emi, Asuma, and Kurenai, who nodded and disappeared.

Emi broke off from the other two when she noticed Ayumi working to repair a damaged roof. "Ayumi." Emi said as she landed next to her sibling.

"Emi?" Ayumi paused when she saw Emi's serious expression. "What's wrong?"

Emi stepped forward and whispered to Ayumi. "Intruders; powerful ones."

Ayumi pulled back and looked at her sister. "Where?"

Emi turned and the pair raced off towards the river.

***Sorry it's kinda long. =) This is during episodes 81 to 82-ish if you want to read the summary to see what happens.***

164 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:24 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I don't mind long posts. :wink: It's okay. And how can I forget those episodes? I remember how bad I flipped out when Kakashi got caught in the Mangekyou. :lol: That was a sight to see.***

Ayumi looked at Emi. "You said intruders. Who exactly are we dealing with, do you know?"

Emi's face read caution, and she was never the kind to show emotions. "Akatsuki. Two of them. I didn't see their faces."

Ayumi frowned, growling softly to herself. Akatsuki, no matter who they were, were bad news. She had often heard of them as a child, and she had been introduced to them - via the Bingo Book - as soon as she became a Jounin. 'Powerful,' Emi had described them. Ha. 'Powerful' is an understatment, she thought bitterly. She knew, just by their reputation and witnessing their aftermath, they were deadly.

"Why didn't somebody come get me sooner?" she hissed as they raced on; the river was coming into view. "Intruders like this? In the Village?! We're already weak enough!"

"I know," Emi responded coolly. "Kakashi told us - more or less - to wait."

Ayumi's brow furrowed. "Kakashi...said...wait? That's new." She turned her gaze forward again, and her eyes popped open, jaw dropping. She bolted forward, leaving Emi behind. "Kakashi!"

28 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:39 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi's eyes followed Ayumi's and her breath caught. Kakashi was unconscious and Gai was holding him up in the center of the river.

Damn, Emi rushed after her sister. The two land in front of the Akatsuki, one on either sign of Gai. Asuma and Kurenai come to stand behind them.

"Keep your eyes down." Gai was explaining. "Don't look him in the eye."

Emi had already caught sight of the two. Kisame and Itachi. She'd already had a run-in with these two while she was out on her mission.

Emi glanced at Kakashi. He was out cold with not a mark on him. That damned genjutsu. She thought bitterly as the ghosts of the pain emerged. She had witnessed that jutsu firsthand and had been lucky to keep her mental state intact afterwards. She knew what Kakashi had gone through.

"You." Kisame growled at Emi. "I see you're still sane. I'm impressed. Not many people can keep their sanity after they witness Itachi's sharingan." Kisame smirked. "I doubt you'll survive a second time."

"I don't plan on going through it a second time." Emi retorted.

"A second time?" Kurenai stepped forward.

"I ran into these two a few years ago." Emi said, not taking her eyes off of the two Akatsuki before her, though she avoided Itachi's face.

"You're kidding." Asuma murmured.

"She's lucky to be alive." Kisame said, a frown on his shark-like face. "But enough talk. None of you will leave here alive."

"No, Kisame." Itachi interjected. "The nine-tails is leaving."

Kisame growled. "Alright let's go." The two disappeared.

"They're getting away." Kurenai said.

"Ayumi and I will go after them. Get Kakashi out of here." Emi stated, looking at her sister. She nodded and they both took off tailing the two Akatsuki members.

"Pick one." Emi said as the two closed on the men.

"What?" Ayumi looked at her.

"We'll be better off separating these two. I would take on the Uchiha, since he has fire-style techniques, and I know his genjutsu tricks, but Kisame uses water-style and is merciless. So pick one you think you can take."

Ayumi thought for a moment. "The Uchiha. Fire on fire gives me better odds than fire against water."

"But lessens my advantage. I should have had Gai come along, but they need to get Kakashi somewhere safe. Well, it'll be an even playing field. Let's go." The two sped up and Emi launched several kunai and shuriken at the two. They separated enough for Emi and Ayumi to slip between them, striking out with a pair of kicks that furthered the gap.

"Let's go, Fish Boy!" Emi taunted, trying to get Kisame to pick up the chase and let her draw him away from Itachi.

Kisame glared at her and pulled off his sword. "You little witch. This time I won't let you live."

"Just try!" Emi smirked. She had him. Turning she took off away from the river. She had a better chance if he had less water to work with. She just hoped Ayumi would be okay. She just had to trust in her sisters abilities.

164 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Itachi wasted no time countering her. In a blink, he had deflected her driving kick and planted one of his own bone-breaking blows into her stomach. Before she even hit the ground, he caught her again - this time by the throat - and pinned her to a tree.

"Brave...or stupid," he mused, black eyes blazing. But Ayumi noticed...he was squinting, trying not to reach up and rub his eyes... So...

A kunai slipped around his neck, before his throat, the razor edge pressed to his skin. The real Ayumi stood behind him, braced for the attack.

"Neither," the clone smiled, then vanished in a cloud of black smoke.

Itachi slowly lowered his hand. "Really? You hope to keep up, then?" Doubt laced his tone.

"More than hope. I will."

He huffed boredly. "I'll be the judge of that."

Ayumi blinked, and they were at it again. He spun on his heel, avoiding her blade by spinning away from it. He turned completely around, facing her; he brought his knee up, aiming for her diaphram. She growled, bringing up her own leg to block. The force still propelled her backwards; her knee gave an ominous crack as pain raced through her leg. "Ah! Fuck!"

Itachi lunged, one hand curling into a fist as the other flew through hand signs. She recognized them immediately and mirrored him, only a fraction of a second behind. He lashed out with his fist, popping her across the head; her brained rattled, eyes losing focus momentarily. Perhaps he had hoped to delay her jutsu? Ayumi didn't fall for it.

Itachi unleashed his jutsu upon her; Ayumi roared, casting her own Gokakyu. The two fireballs collided halfway between them, pushing against each other and wrapping around themselves. The heat of the dueling fireballs burned her face and outstretched hands. Still, she would have smiled if she had not been breathing fire - thanks to his use of the Mangekyo, her Gokakyu was just slightly larger.

28 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi touched the ground and skidded, turning in a crouch until her feet got traction and she launched herself back at Kisame, a kunai appearing in her hand. Now that the bastard had his Samehada out, she'd need to conserve her chakra and use it sparingly. That blade could suck her chakra stores dry in moments.

Kisame was still midair when Emi rocketed toward him. He brought up his blade and blocked her attack, and she struck again at a different angle. He blocked her again. She lashed out with her leg and caught his side the force sending him flying to the side into a large tree. In a blur, Emi completed her hand seals and unleashed one of her special jutsus. Dozens of small water orbs burst from her and raced toward her opponent. They collided and exploded, sending the earth into tremors and disturbing the air.

Emi fell to the ground and didn't blink, eyes trained on where Kisame had once been. She watched as the smoke cleared. The last of the dust and smog disappeared and Emi went on the defensive immediately. A light whistle to her left made her leap as Kisame's blade whistled by. She flipped in the air and landed, bringing up her kunai just in time to block his second attack. She felt the pull of the Samehada as it began to drain her chakra and launched herself back.

"Is this all you've got? I'm disappointed." Kisame said, that digusting sharp-toothed grin on his face.

If it weren't for that blade I'd have finished this long ago. Emi thought. She was thankful for her training in the Sand, now. She'd be depending on Taijutsu for the majority of this fight.

164 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:12 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi gasped, straining. She was running out of breath. She couldn't see Itachi; how was he fairing?

Even as she thought it, she saw a black blur as her fireball raced forward. She gasped for air, nearly collapsing as Itachi dove from above, heel driving for her forehead.

"Shit," she hissed, leaning back. The limb cracked beneath his foot. If that had been her head...

She focused her chakra again, drawing out the Housenka jutsu; Itachi matched her second for second. Twin housenkas raged around the two ninja, blasting white hot. Ayumi groaned as the burns on her face intensified in the heat.

Ayumi shouted, rushing him; her leg was beginning to sear - it creaked painfully with every bend and flex. Ignore it! She yelled furiously as she began to throw a series of punches at him, faking several in the hopes of catching him with one. Itachi managed to block them all.

She growled as his hand finally wrapped around her wrist. He punched for her face; she caught his own hand at the last second. They were locked in a tug-of-war endurance contest, pulling and pushing against each other in hopes of overpowering the other. They were tied.

She kept her eyes on his mouth; she had seen the flash of the red Sharingan and feared it. She doubted he would use the Mangekyou twice in ten minutes, but...just in case...

"Huh," he scoffed, "perhaps I was wrong. You're good, Ayumi Gosu."

She frowned, resisting the urge to glance at his eyes. All it would take is a glance... "How do you know my name?"

"I have my sources."

She ground her teeth. "Answer the damn question!" In her frustration, she let go of his hand just long enough to lash out and strike him square in the nose.

***If I seem a bit strong and fast, don't worry. It will all work out at the end of this.***

28 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:42 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

***I'm curious to find out his sources. ;) ***

Emi took up the offensive again. Sending chakra into her feet, she became a blur as sh dashed forward, zig-zagging to confuse her opponent. She leapt right before she got to him and spun in the air, landing just behind him. She wrapped an arm around his neck and pulled him back, then struck upward with her knee. Kisame twisted in her grip and threw a hand down, catching her knee just before it hit his stomach.

He brought the hilt of his blade up and nailed her in the stomach. The breath left her in a rush and she barely saw the punch that hit her in the face. She flew backwards, colliding with a tree. Pain shot through all her limbs as the wood splintered. She fell forward and landed on all fours.

"Shit," She growled as she caught her breath. A shadow dashed across her peripheral vision. She shot herself forward and rolled as the Samehada crashed into the place she'd just been in.

Emi rolled to her feet and immediately began flashing across the fight ground. She did a series of handseals and created a clone behind each tree she passed. She finally ducked behind a tree and glanced to where Kisame stood, looking around cautiously. She took a deep breath and leapt, her clones copying her. The mass of Emi's let loose a storm of shuriken, kunai, and senbon that rained down on Kisame. He immediately burst into water.

A clone. I should have guessed. Emi searched the area for her opponent. But there was no movement. She sent her clones out to scout the area, but there was nothing. She glanced at the puddle that the Kisame clone had been standing in, and her eyes widened.

"You've got to be kidding me!" She growled angrily, her brows furrowing. She'd been fighting a water-clone the whole time! Damn that Kisame. Did this mean that Ayumi was fighting a clone, too? Emi released her water clones and leapt through the trees in search of Ayumi.

164 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:02 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Itachi stumbled backwards, blood trickling from his nose and lip. He growled as Ayumi rushed forward, whipping out a blade from inside her boot. She dove headfirst at the startled rogue, lifting her left hand in a backhand. The back of her fist slammed against his cheek, rolling him.

He flipped over, doing a momentary handstand, and kicked her in return; her head throbbed from the blows she had received. She locked her knees; that was all that kept her from falling completely over. She bent at the waist, moving out of his attack, and thrust her hand forward.

Itachi gasped, eyes wide in shock. He stared down at his chest, at where Ayumi's kunai had pierced his skin, passing between the ribs.

"Now, what was that, about hoping...to keep up?" she hissed, smirking.

Itachi only smiled, and evaporated in a cloud of smoke.

Ayumi blinked, staring at the empty space before her. Was it really...? Had she really been fighting a clone? She immediately took on a guarded stance, turning in place to look about. Nothing moved. Nothing made a sound, except for the wind. She was alone. Completely. Her only company was the isolated little forest fires she and Itachi had started during their scuffle. There was not a person in sight.

She ground her teeth together, biting back a scream of fury. She threw the kunai, lodging it deep into the tree trunk. "You son of a bitch! That was a fucking clone?! Damn it!"

28 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

"You need to control you're temper." Emi said as she landed in the clearing. Ayumi whirled around, falling into a defensive stance. She eyed Emi for a moment then relaxed.

"I should have guessed they were clones. It was much too easy a fight." Emi mused. She felt the air around them shift and looked up to see several ANBUcircling them. "Hello, boys. Glad you made it. Looks like we'll need a full search of the village." She said. "The two intruders got away by using clones to distract us. They are Kisame Hoshigaki and Itachi Uchiha, so be careful if you fingd them."

"It's good to see you back in the village, Emi" A female voice said. Emi smirked, identifying the voice of the ANBU captain.

"Good to be back." Emi replied. "I'm going to report to the council what's going on."

Silently, the ANBU disappeared leaving Emi and Ayumi alone again. Emi did a simple handseal and pointed at a small fire nearby. A small stream of water shot from her fingertip and extinguished the flames. She pointed at the other fires and put the all out. "Let's head back to the village." Emi looked at Ayumi. The girl looked ready to explode into flames. The anger on her face was shocking. "Ayumi?"

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous