z

Young Writers Society

Deep Cover

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 pm
Jas says...

Belle Assasin *Ben, she is cold and mean and horrid to her enemies, to family and friends and such she is sarcastic but still nice*

I walked into the canteen, grabbing the looks and hoots of several men. I ignored them and walked over to the table where my friends sat.

"Ullo Belle" Luke said.

"Afternoon, Captain" I replied before sitting next to Oliver. I looked down to our lunch, which seemed to be some sort of rice and mud. Oliver gestured to eat it so I took a bite.
After forcing it down, I glared up at Oliver, pushed the wretched food away, then turned to Luke.

"Where we going today"
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:03 pm
Threnody says...

Alice:

"I'm not done. What is this crap anyway." Alice said chewing dramatically on her food. She had dressed up her hair in pin curls and died it brown. She turned the food over in her mouth and sort of gagged as it went down.

"Alice, if you want to be taken more seriously, you need to act more mature." Coby said to her, mock seriously.

Alice just brushed it off and looked at Iris. That was a hobby of hers, looking at faces to see what they were thinking. "Where are we going?" She asked between mouthfuls. She had woken up late, or just lagged behind in her room. She straightened out her white pinafore.

"Not somewhere you'll want to wear that." Oliver said jokingly.
"Shut up Oliver, don't mock me." She was only 12 but she packed a lot of force into what she said. Oliver noticed it though when she shifted uncomfortably, and glanced down at her attire. When he winked at her she just grimaced back foully.

"Belle, where are we going?" Alice almost yelled over the table. The thing was, if Alice paid attention to you at all, she liked you. If she regarded you coldly, (Hannah), don't bother. "Did he tell you where we're going? He never tells me anything. Where are we going."

"What are you going to want to eat Alice?" Hannah asked her, trying to save the conversation. She said it lightly, always trying to win her over. Alice just didn't like the way she was in charge and the way everyone listened to her, or the way she held everyone's attention in a room, or how everyone paid her the utmost respect, or how... how she was older than her.

"Something that didn't grace the pig sty before it got here please." Alice replied in a voice that absolutely dripped with sour honey. "Where are we going please?"
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:33 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

I waited patently for Luke's answer.

"Its not going to be a big mission, but you will be working with the upper class." Luke said.

"Thank god!" I said. I was sick of eating non-edible food.

"But I am not sending you on this mission, Coby." he said to me.

"Excuse me?" I said. I didn't care one bit he was my commanding officer.

"I said, you arn't going on this mission. You are needed around base. I am sending Alice."

"Your sending the twelve year old, and not the best assasin in england?" I asked through clanched teeth. Alice looked offended.

"Is there a problem?" He said, clearly displaying his I-am-the-captin-here-not-you. I growled and stabbed my dinner, causing the plate to crack in two.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:38 am
Nick101 says...

May I still join? Although I like the numbers you have already (easier to work with) I really would like to join.
I follow four rules when writing
1. Don't think. Just write.
2.Never take the pencil from the page when writing
3.Don't erase. Even if what you wrote didn't make sense
4.No need for grammar,punctuation, or spelling when writing

And when your done writing you stop and break all the rules

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:33 am
Jas says...

Belle

Coby broke the plate in half then rose and stalked off probably to break something else.
What a lunatic.

"Oh yes! I get to go! Who will be going with me? I obviously cannot go by mys-" Alice started.

"Alice shut up. Belle will be going with you as your older sister" Luke said.

I looked at him, an eyebrow raised.

"I haven't been sent on a mission for more than 3 months back when I killed Gean Viener. Why not Hannah, she looks more like Alice" I asked. He turned and seemed to try to stare me down then leaned over to my ear, which just made my eyebrow raise even higher.

"Hannah. Alice. Alone. BAD" Luke whispered . Ah. Yes, how could I forget the infamous battle between Hannah and Alice. Well not so much Hannah as it is Alice.

"Alright, what are the details! When are we going, how long are we going to be there and the such" Alice asked.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

324 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:29 pm
Threnody says...

Alice:

Part of Alice wished it was a solo mission, but the less ambitious part blurted out a need for accompaniment. As soon as that was said, Alice sort of crumpled over herself. If she were to become the best deceiver, she needed to be able to mask what she was feeling, not just paint a mask of how she pretended to feel.

"When are we going?" Alice asked, more curtly this time, trying to act more professional like she'd seen the others doing.

"This afternoon, you can't miss the train." Iris said, immediately looking as if he was thinking deeply. "You need to wash the dye out of your hair and see if you can get it any blonder. Your best dress and try to act sophisticated. Actually, ask Belle about that. I hope you heard that Belle, the first things apply to you as well. They want Aryan housekeepers in preparation for their party."

"My hair's not dyed." Belle muttered.
"You know what I mean." Iris answered, poker face in play.
"I don't want to play a maid... Hannah should be going." Belle snarled to herself as she ran up the stairs.

"You don't like Hannah but you do like Belle?" Iris said as Alice turned to leave. Alice nodded and gave him her little girl smile.
"Work on the eyes." He answered, "I want big doe eyes." Alice sighed and ran up the stairs to the room she shared with Belle and Coby. It had once been Hannah's as well, but Alice made sure that was only for a while... she was surprised how nice Hannah was still being to her after the mysterious spider's nest was found taped to the side of her bed.

Upstairs, Alice combed out the dye and tried making it deeper in colour. Belle was already ready and she looked so beautiful Alice could cry. She licked her lips and starting setting her curls again.

"You're so vain Alice." Belle noted as she watched her tie a hair ribbon in her hair for the twentieth time.
"Stop preening peacock," Alice relied haughtily, finally getting the ribbon in the way she wanted it. They both ran downstairs to review the mission. Alice pushed in front of Belle and reached the landing first, she silently revelled in her little victories.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:52 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

How could Luke due this to me. I think he has lost his mind. What could be SO important around base that he needed to keep me here. I hadn't been on a proper mission in months. He knew I needed to do this, to avenge my family's deaths, but yet he kept me inside this stupid base-that-wasnt-even-a-base.

Alice walked into the room. fauolus. That was just what I needed right now.

"What do you want, pipsqueak?"

"I am just packing to go on my MISSION." She said, obviously gloating.

"Have fun." I said bitterly.

"I will, wth all the rich people..." that was the last straw. I launched myself at her, aiming for the throat. I wouldn't kill her, but I would sure as hell scare her enough so that she would never gloat infront of me again. I finnaly got her by the neck and held her against the wall.

Luke burst into the room, "Coby, put her down!" I slackened my grip and watched her fall to the floor.

"Somethimes, I don't know what goes through your head!" Luke yelled.

"I am sorry Captin." I said.

"Not as soory as you will be." He said, before storming out of the room.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:17 pm
bonnie babe says...

Oliver

I looked at the blueprints of a nearby Gestapo office, although espionage wasn't my forte, I had been asked to work there for a while, gather as much information as possible, then burn everything. There was only one problem, I would have to work there as an Aryan. Gritting my teeth, I set to work about getting my hair to it's natural colour.

Once that had been done, I went over to get myself a respectable shirt and trousers. I polished my shoes until they reflected my face. I left the combing of my hair to the last minute. Grimacing, I combed my hair over with brylcreem.

The man in the mirror looked respectable, clean and perhaps even good looking. That man wasn't me.

Resisting the urge to mess up my hair I walked out of the dorm and went to say goodbye to the others. I walked in on a rather unexpected sight, Luke storming out of a room. I went over to see what had caused his distress and saw Coby and Alice. 'What was that about?' I muttered to myself.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" -Einstien

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hannah Watson

Hannah was whistling as she collected up her notebook and made to leave the table, more out of habit than any happy feelings. As usual, the encounter with Alice had left her slightly stung. She knew that Alice had had a tough time, and always tried to be nice to her; but still, the spiders' nest was a little over the top.

She almost laughed when she thought about the fact that Belle had suggested her to go with Alice on the mission. Not only was there the obvious dislike Alice held for her, but Hannah had never been on a mission, and never really planned to either. No, she was much better at the practical side of things. Much better. And even if she did sometimes long for more excitement, it wasn't as though she would ever act on it.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

I had the awful talent of allways getting myself into situations that I couldn't get out of. Luke was going to kill me. Not literally, but by the time he was done with whatever he was going to do, I would be wishing for death. It would be a blessed releif.

It wasn't my fault Alice was so darn anoying. It was hers. She should be the one getting punishment here. Wasn't there a law against being so annoying. Well, there should be.

I went down to the tavern, hopefully I could get some funaly moments of happiness there.

"Hey Marie." I said as I walked in.

"Oh, 'ello Coby." Che said. Me and Marie went way back, "What ez so troublin you. You just aint yerself."

"Well, Alice got me mad, and I attacked her and now I am pretty sure Luke is going to kill me." I never called the captin 'luke' to his face. But I always did anywhere else.

"Well, there have been three other times, Coby, you was sure the cap'in was gonna go and kill you. But you be still standin here, yes?"

"I dont know, Maire."

"Come on, why dont you set yerself down now and get some grub." I noded, so as not to hurt her feelings, but I was in no mood for elephant skin soup.

324 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm
Threnody says...

Alice:

Alice paused for a second to catch her breath. She was sure that if she had been a little bit bigger she could of hurled Coby right back against the wall. Anger and jealousy twisted up her gut and she had to hold herself in to keep from screaming. She sat down against the wall of the room to calm herself down. She wasn't a crying girl, but she felt like hitting something. She'd probably hurt herself more than anything she would hit.

After a few minutes she got back up, smoothed out her dress, and went to find Coby and apologise. She saw Coby sitting down in the kitchen with Marie over some tea.

"There must be a reason he's a keepin' you here hon." Marie said propelling herself around the kitchen at full force. "He always had his reasons dear, just give em' a chance."

"It's just not fair. She's this little street rat he picked up only because she was little and had a pretty face. She can't do anything, it's - not -fair."

"Think about who you're talking about... she'd be all alone if it wasn't for you guys. You're her family Coby and it's just not right to measure yourself up against her. You've been on soooo many other..."

This was all Alice could stand to hear. She trudged up to her room, passing Hannah on the way.

"Hello dear." Hannah called out to her.
Alice moaned a little in return. She hobbled into Hannah's room and collapsed on her bed dramatically. Hannah looked a little bit shocked, wondering what Alice had up her sleeve. As it turned out, nothing. She wanted sympathy and she found it here. Hannah, happy to be accepted, listened to Alice dish her sorrows.

Finally, Alice stood up, curtsied curtly, and said, "I will miss a train if I stay here any longer, thank you for your hospitality." With that she stiffly walked out of the room to find Belle and leave this dreary place in exchange for one that she'd soon find out was much more so.
~ The Little Prince~

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13 pm
BenFranks says...

Nick101 wrote:May I still join? Although I like the numbers you have already (easier to work with) I really would like to join.

Sure.

Luke Iris

I knew that the Freight train theft would have to wait for a rainy day and Hannah would need to hold out with the supplies and living conditions we could scarper. It wasn't beatiful, by all means, but it kept us alive.

I walked down to the briefing room and collected a few blue prints of a Nazi official's house and placed them down on the table. At this point, Belle walked on in with asomewhat angry Alice.

"Take a seat ladies," I said.

Alice sat first, making herself known but not looking stroppy or immature and Belle carefully took a chair next to her.

"So, Captain," began Belle, "what's the idea?"

"Well," I replied, gesturing to the blue prints. "You two will be staying at The Ritz hotel in Central London."

"Oo, posh," said Alice. I ignored it.

"Whilst staying there you will need to find out as much information as you can, regarding a Minister Getho D'Liatz. He's the travel secretary for the Facist government. Once you have enough information about the freight trains and daily stockpile transports, I want you to kill him."

"Why?" asked Belle, curiously.

"We're pressured for supplies and will probably need to pull a train robbery somewhen in the near future, I need that information."

"No, why kill him?" she said.

"If he's dead. We'll have less to worry about after the heist. It'll help delay the secret police and hopefully we'll pull it off un-scaved."

"Right." Said Alice and took the blue prints, storming out of the room with Belle closely on her heels.

"Good luck," I shouted after them.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hannah Watson.

Hannah waved Alice out of her room cautiously. She really didn't have much time on her hands, but any chance to befriend the girl was taken. Although ... Hannah swooped down and pulled off her covers, wincing as she expected to be faced with a nest of spiders. Luckily, however, it was empty.

Shaking her head in a faint bemusement, Hannah collected up her notebook and a couple of reports she needed to file, before heading out to find Iris and enquire about the supplies. She knew that the train probably wouldn't be here any time soon, but she figured that a time limit would be good to work with.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

324 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:11 pm
Threnody says...

Alice:

Alice and Belle sat on the train. Belle looked out the window trying to find reasons to be happy and Alice just sat on the polished velvet seat swinging her legs and looking at her stockings. "How much do you suppose he paid for this?" Alice asked, drawing designs with her finger in the velvet.

"More than we have probably." Belle said grimly.

The ticket collector made his way down the isle, pausing to punch tickets.
"Where are you going young lady?" He asked in a baby voice looking down at her.
"I'm not a baby. I'm nine and I get to go all the way to a party by myself with my sister." Alice said formally, making sure he saw her shiny patent leather shoes. Belle turned to look at the collector and rolled her eyes. He caught her gaze and winked. When he left Belle let out a burst of air.
"That was close. He's working in league with the Nazi's, he had the swastika on his cuff."

Alice licked her lips and laid back on her seat. They were travelling as party guests, representing Ilia and Monika Shroeder.

"My name is Mitzi now Belle, you can't call me Alice anymore." She said to Belle again, taking in her new identity.

"I know you're a good actress Mitzi, but you can't talk as loud."
"Okay." Alice curled up on her seat and rested her head on Belle's lap. Belle shifted uncomfortably but let her keep it there.
~ The Little Prince~

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:20 pm
BenFranks says...

Luke Iris

I power walked down the corridor down to the canteen. I needed to find Hannah. It was time to get this stock thing sorted and deadlined. She'd know that. I wound in and out the rooms on the way down in an effort to find her but had no luck.

Halfway down, I saw Coby. She was upset, but more angry. She was defensive like that. I looked over to her and she scowled back.

"Captain..." she said.

"Ah, Coby," I replied, "Don't be so down, you aren't going on the upper class fandoodle because I need you for something else."

Her face lit up.

"Follow me," I said, leading her down the hall.

"Where we going?" she asked.

"Well, you can help me find Hannah," I replied, "Then we'll go down to the briefing room."

We entered the Canteen.

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star