z

Young Writers Society

Deep Cover

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 pm
BenFranks says...

~Fiction; my first storybook, but I'm very active!

Bit'a Background

The time is 1947. The Nazis are winning the war. Britain has been invaded and captured by General Von Kaden and has been under Nazi control for two years.

However, back in 1944, Minister Geoff Junts set up the 'British Resistance', put in place so that if the Nazis ever did capture Britain, these special sections would fight and assasinate Nazi officials and sabotage Nazi movements to try and regain political freedom in Britain.

So where are we?
In the South of London, their is a force of the British Resistance, combatting for local freedom and political power. They're run by Captain Luke Iris and consist of a number of ordinary civilians and highly trained military combatants.
As well as fighting with the Nazi Facist government, the British Resistance BR need to fight off and devise stealth missions to avoid the Secret Police and remain stocked up and fed, especially through the harsh British winters

Things you can be!

Civilian: Helps with reconaissance work, stock piling, merchandising and entertainment.

BR Combatant: Carries out military manoevores, and sabotages.

BR Politician: Handles public support, propaganda, spread of the word and distribution of stock.

BR Assasin: Carries out assasination attempts on Nazi officials or Pro-Facist diplomats.

Name: (Obvious)

Picture/Appearance: (Place in spoiler if an image)

Type: (Assasin/Combatant/Politician or Civilian)

Rank: (If applicable ~ Private, Lance Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant or Colour Sergeant)

Weapon Preferance: (More of a Pistol marksman, or an all-out submachine gunner? Perhaps hand-to-hand?)

Personality: (The more detailed, the better the character)

History: (What happened during or before the war? Did he lose any loved ones? etc)

Up for love: (Yes/No/Maybe ~ Perhaps a little note about it)

Other: (Anything else we should know?)

RULES
1. No killing off other people's characters, only your own.
2. Your character must be a member of Iris' batallion/civilian supporter.
3. Britain is retaken in 1956, apart from this, plot is very free-for-all, BUT please don't put in any massively silly plot turns like Aliens in a WWII situation, keep it semi-real please.

Enemies: Little note
British Chancellor: Lord Von Gardyen. He is the leader of Nazi forces in Britain. Most, if not all, assasination attempts on this man will be thwarted. He is the third most protected man in the world after Himler and Hitler.

Nazi Officials:
- Frederico Lun Guy AKA Lord Lun ~ Minister of Domestic Security/Head of the Secret Police (Evil, evil man)
- Yuvestro Kallichio ~ Foriegn Minister & Himler's personal envoy. Controls the courier of information between the German and British States.
- Reik D'Nord ~ Bank Minister and Pro-Facist. He controls all economic movements and is extremely well protected, held in high esteen with Gardyen.
- Jonas Porteriko ~ Originally from Italy, Jonas is an assasin who works for the Nazi states. He is world renound for his works of disposing high-powered BR Leaders.
- General Lucas Dansk ~ Head of the British Facist Forces. He has the tanks, planes and battleships at his fingertips.
- Notorin De La Folepsio ~ Know as the "Black Cat", Notorin is a notorious French spy who is on the Facist's pay rolls. He has a hand for ear wigging Civilian rumours.

[This list of officials are VERY hard to assasinate. Any you wish to make up along the way is hugely welcome!]
Last edited by BenFranks on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

411 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:01 pm
BenFranks says...

Name: Luke Iris

Picture/Appearance: http://www.psywar.org/psywar/photos/17.jpg

Type: Resistance Leader (Combatant & Politician)

Personality: He is outstraight and noted for his brilliance in commanding. He has always had a strong hate for the Facists and his dedication and commitment doesn't go unnoticed. He is strong voiced, but kept very much to himself. He cares strongly about his men and the future of Britain.

History: Iris lost his father in World War I and his brother in an Italian Sea Op in 1943. He feels hugely about the war on Germany and has a dull look on Facism. Ever since he was a boy he had grown up despising the Germans after the loss of his father and this brought it's toll on Luke's mother. Joanna Iris died of Heart failure in 1945, shortly after Luke had rose to Colour Sergeant in the BR. By 1946 he was given his own South London battalion and rose to the rank of Captain, showing exceptional skills and commitment.

Up for love: Yes, but he's unsure.

Other: His favourite weapon is a pistol, so don't try and give him a rifle. He'll just throw it back in your face. :)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Cobianna "Coby" Marks (known as the Tiger of England)

Picture/Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Type: Assasin/ Spy

Weapon Preferance: Hand to Hand or Short knife she carries with her.

Personality:With friends an co-workers she is very strong and dependable, extremly intelegent and a notoriously incredible spy. For the people she tries to assiasinate (usually men) she pretends to be calm sweet and forgiving.

History: Her whole family was killed in the war and she wants to revenge those seaths. She was raised a rid\ch girl so knows the ways of upper class.

Up for love: Yes, very willing actually.

Other: No one calls her Cobianna. Everyone just calls her Tiger.
Last edited by Kaywiia on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 am
Threnody says...

Name: Alice Gallagher (Alias Brigette Waters)

Picture/Appearance: Alice has a very small very tiny build that she uses to her advantage. She has deep blue eyes and wispy pale blonde hair. Her complexion is very pale as well. She has sharp features, except her nose which is soft and turned up a bit at the end. She is a master of disguise. Her normal dress is simple britches and shirt, but on missions she dolls herself up in a dress and bonnet, or puts her hair up into a cap and masquerades as a boy. She can portray a child aged between 6-14. (14 is kind of stretching it though.)

Type: Comabatant/Spy (Intelligence)

Weapon Preferance: Explosives. She carries an assortment of them deep in the folds of her dresses. She has powders, grenades, molotov cocktails and more well hidden on her person.

Personality: She is tough and independent. She does undercover missions to all kinds of places, easily breaching security because of her age and appearance. She looks up to Coby and secretly wishes to be like her, even though she makes a sport out of disobeying her. She follows Coby around sometimes, just to be with her. She is very clever, not very good at book learning, but fast and bright. She is an excellent actress and lies as good as she tells the truth. She is such a good actress her personality can't be set. It tends to change given her mood. Mostly though, she has a rebellious streak. She's very ambitious and secretly yearns to be an adult. She is very mature and precocious and tries very hard to be taken seriously. She's stealthy and moves as inconspicuously as a cat. She speaks German almost fluently. So, she's a valuable spy and a imposing fighter.

History: She lost her family to the war and she was left alone on the streets. She was 10. She slowly learned that if she was to survive, she must be as stealthy and clever as possible. Her first lie was when she stole from a shop keeper's purse. He saw right through it she almost got turned in. Since then she's really brushed up on her skills. In fact, the Resistance discovered her when one of their undercover agents saw her cheating a German soldier out of £100.

Up for love: She doesn't care for love, at least at her age.

Other: She can't use a gun, her hand to hand combat is rusty, mostly given her size and she hates knives. She's not afraid to kill though, and she chooses justice over mercy.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

411 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:41 pm
BenFranks says...

Brilliant profiles.

Let's get a few more and we can start but still allow people to join xD

411 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm
BenFranks says...

Bumped.

Need more characters to start...

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:49 pm
bonnie babe says...

Name: Oliver White

Picture/Appearance: He is an average height and has dark brown hair (which he dyes) and startling blue eyes. He wears a worn out shirt and worn out trousers. He isn't really in keep with the latest fashions and tends to be scruffy the majority of time. Despite this, when he makes an effort he is very good looking.

Type: Combatant

Weapon Preference: He prefers to use pistols but is a great believer in lobbing a grenade in a room and then closing the door.

Personality: Oliver is slightly introverted. He doesn't know how to get on with the teenagers and is uncomfortable in the presence Luke Iris. He was adopted into a Jewish family after his father died in 1930. His mother died in child birth. Because of certain experiences in the past, he hates the Nazis and all they stand for with a passion.

History: He was adopted into a Jewish family after his father died in 1930. His mother died in child birth. When Britain was taken it was off to the death camps for them and the only thing that saved Oliver was the fact that he had blond hair and blue eyes. He hates himself for this and dyes his hair brown because of this.

Up for love: Maybe

Other:I might come up with something else later.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" -Einstien

411 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 pm
BenFranks says...

Okay, 1 more and we'll start.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:21 pm
AquaMarine says...

Uh, think I'll go for a female here. If there happens to be an uneven ratio by the end I don't mind changing it.

Name: Hannah Watson

Picture/Appearance: *can't be bothered to go picture hunting*. Go for shortish, mouse brown hair (she cut it to be more practical). She's a little smaller than average, around 5'4, with a medium, verging on slim, build. Her eyes are brown too, but darker than her hair. She generally wears more practical clothes, and tucks her hair behind her ears to stop it falling in front of her face.

Type: Question, can she be some sort of organiser? *fails at finding word*... Like... co-ordinating people?

Weapon Preference: Although generally preferring to stay out of the fighting, she has a small pistol that she keeps on her person, just in case.

Personality: Hannah has a very practical mind which is therefore suited to the mammoth task that she sets herself: to organise (*is still failing to think of this word!*) some of the resistance. She will occasionally butt into conversations with a sarcastic comment, but only when it's justified. When not extremely focused, Hannah is pretty easygoing and friendly.

History: Hannah never knew her father, who left her mother to look after her brother and herself. Her mother died one year ago, and at that time both she and her brother left to go and help the resistance. She hasn't lost any family to the Nazis, and therefore doesn't feel the special need to pit herself against them in any sort of battle. Like most things, she takes a practical stance on the war and wants to win because it is the right thing, not to get revenge for anything. Her brother works in the combatant side of the resistance, and is 2 years younger than her.

Up for love: Sure

Other: She is mildly afraid of needles. She also loves to sing while she works.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:23 pm
Jas says...

Name: (Obvious) Belle LeBrank

Picture/Appearance: (Place in spoiler if an image) She is the old fashioned gorgeous. She has long auburn hair, with curls at the bottom. Small button nose below big blue eyes with green streaks in them. Naturally ruby red lips that are seldom closed. Is around 5'11 and is thin but is erm 'well-developed'. She often wears large sun hats and ironically pure simple white dresses with a unknown pocket in side.

Type(Assasin/Combatant/Politician or Civilian): Assasin

Rank: (If applicable ~ Private, Lance Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant or Colour Sergeant)

Weapon Preferance: (More of a Pistol marksman, or an all-out submachine gunner? Perhaps hand-to-hand?) She uses two semi-automatic .28 hand guns. She is good with physical combat but has never missed a target with her guns.

Personality: (The more detailed, the better the character) She seems to be such a sweet innocent kind girl. The dainty little, "Oh my hankerchief has gotten dirty!" type of girls. Ha, that's funny. She is a tough as nails, no mercy cold blooded killer. She is very stealthy and likes to scare and taunt her targets a bit before she kills them. Her targets, almost always male, are treated with a sweet kiss upon the cheek before the bullet is impaled through their heads and life is no more. *I have no clue where that one came from :)* Anyways, she is loud, feisty and sarcastic. She takes sh*t from no one and can't stand the Nazis.

History: (What happened during or before the war? Did she lose any loved ones? etc) Her father was a high-ranking official with the French army and was found, tortured and killed in 1949 right before France was taken over. She, her mother and her little sister were forced to go to Britain and Belle used her free time to practice target shooting with her guns. A father’s friend came over unexpected and found her shooting and asked her to come work from the rebellion, against her mother’s desperate wishes, she went.

Up for love: (Yes/No/Maybe ~ Perhaps a little note about it) Maybe, if theirs a really great guy, strong, handsome, sarcastic, passionate about the war, stuff like that, then maybe

Other: (Anything else we should know?) Her little sister is 13.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

411 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm
BenFranks says...

Okay, Let's start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character note: The BR Canteen is run by "Maria" or "Marie". She's 60 years-old and an absolute darling! She loves a good laugh with everyone and looks upon everything very optimistically. She's very humourus. You can all use her if you ever present yourself with a canteen scene, just try and stay true to how you ought she should be.

South London, March 1947.

The air was cold that night. Wind was brisk and the streets of Britain laid bare of human life. The only noises were the sounds of Nazi hounds barking away the moon's light. Underground however, a community was wide awake...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke Iris
I entered the canteen of the South London BR complex and found myself standing in a mix of laughter and shouting. This is what I was fighting for, I thought, laughter, friendship and hope. My mind went off and I was interrupted by the sounds of Maria offering me some interesting concuction of rice and curry.

"Darling Maria," I said, bemused.

"Yes, Cap'en?" she said, smirking like a menace.

"What on earth is it?" I laughed looking down at my tray of food.

"Well, Cap'en, if I'm honest... between you and me, I ain't too sure!" she cried, "Apparently it's some't like Chicken Tikka Masala, but I can't taste no resemblance! 'Ere, we should think up a name for it!"

I laughed and trotted away from the smell of food and over to a table, where my close comrades were all sitting. Coby was just as curious about the food as I was and there was no telling what was going through Alice's mind.

I took a seat at the head of the table, next to Hannah and Olly. Belle joined us later.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:27 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hannah. Co-ordinator thingy.

"Food orders," Hannah muttered, grimacing as she swallowed the rather bland mouthful. She quickly scribbled down the point in her notebook. "Talk to someone about it tomorrow," she told herself, looking at the dreadfully long, scrawling list that covered the pages of her book. Food was a problem at the moment, but at least it was still edible. Some of the spaces that people were inhabiting, however, were really not good. And she needed to get the latest report from Luke Isis, so that she could...

Her thought trailed away as Luke sat down next to her. Pushing away her thoughts and notebook with a small sigh, Hannah smiled at him and gestured wordlessly at the food. "Not bad, is it? Probably an improvement on last week; that looked like an elephant has shed it's skin and dumped it in the canteen. Along with a healthy portion of it's poop."
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

411 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:54 pm
BenFranks says...

(Haha ~brilliant! xD)

Luke Iris

The slow, careful bites that Coby took whilst she ate were somewhat amusing. It was as if she was trying to decipher it. As I sat, Hannah gestured to the food and I got some sense of what she meant. I smiled.

"You enjoying that Coby?" I asked, grinning.

"It's, er, different, Captain" she replied.

I dug in to the interesting compilation of mixtures and delved into my first bite. Ergh, it was horrid. However, as much as it was ghastly, it had to do. We were pressured for stocks and knew we'd have to pull together to collect our rations tomorrow, or begin a spy operation; hopefully leading to the theft of a freight train carrying food and other goods.

Belle joined us whilst I was in thought.

"Ullo Belle," I said, greeting her and gesturing to a seat next to Oliver.

"Afternoon, Captain" she said, coldly but happily all the same.

I turned to Hannah and took a long drink of water.
"Don't you worry yourself with that at lunchtime, Hannah," I said peering at her scribbled down notes, "food's what keeps us sharp-minded."

I dug my folk into the meal once more. it was time for round 2.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 pm
Kaywiia says...

Coby

I finally put my fork down on my plate and gave up trying to eat the crap they 'claimed' was food. Actually it looked more like what I saw when I had to go on a mission to the swamps. But I didn't say anything. I enjoyed when I got to spy on upper class, and I ended up eating there food. The smell of roast duck haunted my memory. I shook my head once.

"What was that for?" Luke asked.

"I was remembering the smell of a roast duck, or ham." I said. Belle laughed.

"Just imagine it is." She said. Yeah, right.

"I refuse to eat anything more." I said, then lowered my voce, "Do you know where I am going next?"

"Not now, Coby." Luke said, "We can talk about that later. To much risk of people hearing." I nodd, not completely datisfied. But who was I to go agaist Captin's orders.

"Can it be somewhere with real food." I say. I earn a couple more laughs.

"Maybe Coby, just maybe." Luke said.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm
bonnie babe says...

Oliver- Combatant

I looked over to Coby, 'You eating that?'

Coby shook his head, I grabbed his plate, 'We- can't- waste- food-' I said in between mouthfuls, 'Besides,- if you- don't look at it- and- don't smell it.- It doesn't taste- so bad...'

The plate was soon empty the group looked at me incredulously. 'What?' I asked.

'Well, if we are all finished, shall we go?' Luke said, looking around.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" -Einstien

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni