z

Young Writers Society

The Glass Chandelier’s Pieces

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:24 am
lizzifer says...

Plot:

The world is typical, filled with nothing but the usual politics and the people who complain about them. You grew up in this world, a face in the crowd like everyone else, but you are different. You have an object that makes you different if not automatically. This object is a piece to the famous Glass Chandelier, an object made specifically by an ancient organization only known in legends as The Saviors. Old stories speak of how the Saviors were earth bound angels or Gods in themselves even for their indescribable powers and gifts, but the people who spoke of these are long gone now. The last remaining rumor of that organization lasts only in a select few that speak of how a dark force overcame that certain organization leaving only the glass and metal pieces from that chandelier.
These pieces are scattered everywhere with people who acquired these pieces by random means (stolen, received as a gift etc). At first the pieces were just seen as pretty artifacts and passed down through the generations. But, recently the darkness that once took over the Saviors long ago is approaching once again and the pieces have recently become more…lively lately. The pieces have bestowed unimaginable power upon the owner while turning into a weapon that ‘suits’ them, message me if you need any help :D

Where you come in:
You own one of these pieces, and recently you have discovered this power that the shard has bestowed you. Your shard grants you some sort of ‘gift’ while turning into a weapon at the same time. The shard also has a personality of it’s own, giving hints and leading you. This ‘voice’ leads you to a city where others await confused of what will become of them.

Rules:
- Mild cursing is allowed but not every other word.
- If you don’t feel comfortable with your mama reading it then do not post it ^_^
- Please paragraph posts, no ‘one liners’

Other YWS rules apply :D

Character Template of fun!:

Name:
Age: *17 and BEYONDD ^buzz lightyear voice inserted here
Nationality:
Latest Origin: *where you currently live
Photo and/or Description:
Personality:
History:

Description of your Chandelier piece: *a metal bracelet, glass shard ear rings feel free to do whatever
How you obtained your piece:
Chandelier Weapon: *a sword, shield, whatever! Just make it kind of medieval-ish
Powers: *not like super powers just gifts, like agility, strength etc

Other:

:D

I'l post my character later

City:
Spoiler! :

The chandelier is made up of intricate metal work and glass, it is supposedly quite large.
Last edited by lizzifer on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 am
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

......Might join......

*runs away*
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:05 am
irishfire says...

Am totally joining!!

Name: Shapher "Fox" Foxian

Latest Origin: Ireland (HEE ^__^ )

Photo/Description: http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0902/ ... ew_300.jpg

Cept with greener eyes

Personality: Very out-going yet serious. When shes confronted with a challenge her demeanor changes entirely and she can do anything. But when shes outside of that personality shes very witty and open.

History: Was born in Ireland and moved to America when she was 5 or so with her two little brothers. They moved back when she was 16 and they've been there ever since.

Description of your chandelier piece: She wears it as a necklace, with a thick black ribbon a piece of metal is lodged in the center and is in the shape of a lighted candle.

How you obtained your piece: Her father gave it to her when she was 14 right before he died from a mugging attack.

Chandalier Weapon: Her piece can transform into a long-sword, as well as a bow. ** Is that ok? ** She always keeps arrows in a black backpack she carries at all times.

Powers: She has incredible accuracy and has never been known to miss a shot.

Other: Up for love and friendship.
Last edited by irishfire on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 am
Jas says...

Name: Prim Dolat

Age: *17 and BEYONDD ^buzz lightyear voice inserted here: 17

Nationality: Moroccan, French and American

Latest Origin: New York, USA

Spoiler! :
http://www.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/punk-girl-cg-channel.jpg

Her highlights are scarlet red not pink. She wears a black tank top with a Green Day sweartshirt on top, slightly ripped jeans and black written on Converse. Light Brown eyes.

Personality: Sarcastic She's not punk or goth. She's just herself.

History: Not much to it, she's part of a very rich old money family living in NYC, goes to the Trinity private day school in the Upper West Side. Every year they visit the place where her great-great-great grandfather struck gold in California.

Description of your Chandelier piece *a metal bracelet, glass shard ear rings feel free to do whatever: A necklace with the chard shaped as a star.

How you obtained your piece: Family heriloom. Her grandmother was french and recieved it down generations and generations. Before she died she passed it onto her only grand daughter Prim. Her mother was extremely jealous of this and currently soughts after to steal it from her. Because of this, Prim always wears it.

Chandelier Weapon: *a sword, shield, whatever! Just make it kind of medieval-ish: Morningstar. Its kind of like a sword except it has spikes at the end but its not one of those iron ball things.

Powers: *not like super powers just gifts, like agility, strength etc: EXTREMELY good fighter and plays piano remarkably well.

Other: Up for love
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Reviews: 3
Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:30 am
Daisy131Spoink says...

Name: Breena (Nickname: Bree)

Nationality: Bosnian I Hercigovnia (BIH)

Photo and/or Description: Standing at 5'7 with a tan complexion Breena looks younger then she originally is. With slightly chubby cheeks and dark brown eyes, her brown hair falls in many length's past her shoulders slightly like a scene hair stlye though more childish and different. She wears red skinny legged jeans , with spongebob converse shoes and a long white sleeved shirt that come past her nuckles.

Personality: Childish and bubbly Breena is very out going and loves adventure. She is very sensitive and scared though she acts brave and daring, she is very caring and doesn't like it when people yell or insult others.

History: Her mother was the holder of the chandelier firstly though when she was killed in a car crash in her mothers will she had strictly ordered for Breena to be the keeper of the chandelier peice. Her father is a multi-millionaire business man who never really had time for his kids, though Breena always held a deep respect for her father. Once her mother died her father sunk into a deep depression being sent away to hospital to deal with this. At sixteen Breena, her twin brother and younger brother (13) were forced into their cousins care which were pretty abusive towards them.

Description of your Chandelier piece: She wears it around her neck on a golden chain that was her great grandmothers before she had died.

How you obtained your piece: Mother died passing it down to Breena.

Chandelier Weapon: The weapon is two blades to long to be called daggers though to small to be called short swords. The blades look like ice, so you can see right threw them though the hilt is golden.

Powers: Agility and Speed. Breena has always been good at running long distance and short and is very quick in the was she moves.

Other: Up for love (Though she acts like she doesn't want it)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 am
ridersofdamar says...

Name: James MacTavish

Nationality: English

Latest Origin: Uncertain (he has 'houses' in several countries)

Photo and/or Description: Tall and lean, but muscular. He has black hair that is half messy. He keeps it just long enough that it doesn't get in his eyes, but not a buzz cut. His eyes are a stone blue, and they are generally emotionless. His skin is pretty pale, something he thinks he got from his mother, who was Irish.

Personality: He is a very confused man. He was raised to be an instrument to be wielded as a weapon by those who needed his services. He was fine with this. He killed quickly, without mercy, not evil, but not good. Just doing a job. However recently his shard bestowed on him a feeling of grief for all those he's killed, and makes him remember each one in perfect clarity. He hates the jewel, but would not think of getting rid of it. Because of his job he is very smooth (image James bond from the two most recent movies), but also has an air of danger about him that most notice.

History: His father was a gambler; and a bad one. When James was five his father lost a bet, and sold James to the mafia so he could get the money. He spent the next ten years of his life training in ways to kill people. When he was seventeen he was released to work on his own, but still owing allegiance to the mafia. Two years later and he has killed close to fifty people, not counting side casualties.

Description of your Chandelier piece: its simply a shard of glass that could easily be mistaken for crystal. He wears it tied to a simple string around his neck. It is relatively small.

How you obtained your piece: He stole it while on a job when he was twelve. He went to sell it, but something told him not to and he held onto it.

Chandelier Weapon: It turns into a short knife (5 inch blade) with a double sided black blade. This

Powers: Improved reflexes and senses. Mostly manifests itself in his hand to hand combat, and his ability to fade away. This has caused him to take down his targets from up close rather from far away.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:35 pm
lizzifer says...

*yay! this is exciting!

Name: Abbey Fitz

Nationality: American

Latest Origin: Washington D.C

Photo and/or Description: Abbey has a sky of freckles across her nose and under her nose lies a wide smile. Her dark brown hair falls past her porcelain features down past her shoulders. Abbey's light blue eyes finish this by making this 5'5 girl look more like a doll than ever.

Personality: Smiley and loud, Abbey has plenty of secrets to tell. she can get information out of anything and knows how to push people's buttons if not. She comes off as nice and kind though, but don't worry she doesn't trust you yet.

History: Abbey grew up with a lack of parents but didn't really care. She was raised with her grandmother who told stories of a time much unlike her own. Abbey took these stories as just myths until they actually started coming true. But anyway, after her only known family member passed away (about a year ago now) Abbey fends for herself. She could tell you what she does for a living but she would have to kill you.

Description of your Chandelier piece: a teardrop shaped charm that hangs off of an ancient looking charm bracelet.

How you obtained your piece: An heirloom from her grandmother.

Chandelier Weapon: The teardrop actually splits into two twin blades

Powers: Sudden ability to wield swords and the agility to maneuver with them.

Other: Up for love
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:21 pm
Howler says...

Name: Joel Evans

Nationality: American/Australian

Latest Origin: Florida

Spoiler! :
Image I hate that the picture's so small but it was the best I could find for the face I wanted.

Personality: He has a positive and happy, very adventurous and brave, but can be pretty foolish and clumsy once in a while.

History: Tristen wasn't the most social kid, mainly because he couldn't be. He was born in Australia, and all of his family was Australian, but in an unfortunate divorce between his parents at an early age, he was moved off with his father to a small house in the florida swamps. He made a few friends, but in a small town like his, there wasn't much of any choice of who to make friends with. He picked up a pair of drums that he usually played, and over time, the few kids in the sewer were essentially a band. They mostly just wrote music and played on their own, but they had dreams to make it big and move out from the swamp.
At least, that was how they thought for the teenage years. All the band mates, aside from Tristen, gave up on music after around age 16. Most of them moved away on their own, and Tristen was the only one who stuck around with his father and the rest of the town.

Description of your piece: Very thin and square shaped. Sort of like a playing card, but smaller and has wavy edges.

How you obtained your piece: Tristen's father was walking around the swamp, and saw the piece shining in the grass, reflecting sunlight. He brought it home with him, and Tristen thought it was very cool. Tristen's father was going to sell it, but instead, he gave it to Tristen. It was pretty much just a lucky charm he kept in his pocket since his dad found it.

Chandolier Weapon: Tristen's piece turns into a colour-changing whip with a snake head on the end of it. Whenever he cracks the whip at something, the snake head bites and injects poison, and if he wraps it around something or someone, it goes as tight as Tristen needs it to be; from holding up his weight to squeeze-chopping a tree.

Powers: Living in a vile humid swamp, Tristen has an unusually strong sense of smell and sight. He also is pretty agile.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:03 pm

OK! Here we gooo....

Name: Risphee Jones

Nationality: Brazilian/French

Latest origin: Denver, Colorado (USA)

Description: albino, tall, thin but in shape, light blue eyes, very pale blond fauxhawk. Wears black cargo pants and t-shirts most of the time, occasionally wears jeans.

Personality: Risphee likes to be in charge and make decisions for people, but knows when to step back, even if he doesn't like it. Pretty serious, doesn't laugh very often, but will play a prank every now and then. He actually really loves playing pranks and wishes he could do so more often, but thinks it's his duty to be responsible for everyone and take care of everything.

History:Was born in France but moved to Arizona when he was three. Risphee's father died when he was just 10, and then his mother fell into depression and became an alcoholic. She died when he was fifteen, after five years of him having to take care of himself and her. He never really had friends at school, and certainly none at home because of his mother. He never met any of his family besides an older cousin who visited from Brazil when Risphee was 7, but they haven't spoken since. He spent three years in an orphanage, then moved out when he turned 18, and bought a small apartment in Denver. He's lived there six months.

Description of your piece: a rough shard, about an inch long and a centimeter or so thick. Wears it as a necklace.

How he got it: He was around 14, his mum was passed out, so he went digging through her stuff trying to find money for food. Found the shard, but kept it instead of selling it. His mother never found out.

Weapon: turns into a wicked curved sword. Very, very, very sharp. Chop-your-finger-off-paper-cut kind of sharp. >:)

Powers: Really fast and can hold his breath for, like, ever. So he's an awesome swimmer :) lol

other: Up for love, speaks French and English.

>>>Is that ok?

~Papa Doorbell

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:01 pm
irishfire says...

Nuttyyyy!! Does your character want to fall in love with mine?? *pleads*
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Irie!!! Hmmm...*scratches metaphorical beard* How about I say your charrie can fall in love with mine, but then I have to keep you guessing to whether mine will fall in love back or not ;)

deal?

~Papa Doorbell

Reviews: 3
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:44 pm
Daisy131Spoink says...

I was just wondering, when are we starting this thing and......yeah thats it!

24 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:55 pm

I second that question!

@Daisy it's a very good question, you know o_o

~Papa Doorbell

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:16 pm
Howler says...

I'll third that question!
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 pm
Jas says...

hey ridersofdamar how bout your character and my character fall in love?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright