z

Young Writers Society

New Humanity

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:48 am
WritersBlock says...

So... is it okay that I joined? I am feeling slightly guilty... for what I am not sure....

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:28 am
CelticaNoir says...

Wow, those changes look awesome. :D I don't know what it'll do to me though, 'coz my server's a killer. T_T
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 am
Kaywiia says...

Ame

Some people drove me insane, and Lenneth was the star of the lets-annoy-ame show. gah, stupid people. Well, he'd pay later.

I walked over to Stephanie. We were good friends, we both loved seeing others in pain. thats why she wrote those stupid books anyway, to fry kids brains into nothingness with the books awfulnesss. But I would never tell Steph that.

"Hey, Steph." I said.

"Oh, hey Ame." She said, she stepped back a little. Possinly she was still worried I was mad at her for pressing me to read those dumb books.

"I am not mad." I told her. she relaxed.

"Oh, okay.'

"At least not at you."

"Who did what to you?"

"Lenneth, and those stupid Devas."
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Stephanie gritted her teeth.

Ame winced.

Stephanie looked away, pretending not to have noticed.

I know she doesn't like my books, but, why does she lie to me? Lying penetrates my very core. Like a nail being driven into a block of wood.

"Yes, I am not very fond of those Devas either," Stephanie said.

Ame nodded, and smiled.

Stephanie smiled back. She realized how much she cared for her fellow Harlot. No matter how shallow it seemed to be. In a world where there were only so many beings, having high standards guaranteed a life of loneliness.

They walked through the mall. The lightning flashing through the clear glass ceiling, illuminating their surroundings. The grotesque shadows that hey produced made Stephanie smile.

I'm going to have to write a storm into my next book.

When she and Ame arrived to where the other Harlots were still relaxing, the storm was still pounding down, full force.
Last edited by AspiringAuthorA..M. on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

182 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:02 am

*Post* :P
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 am
Light_Devil! says...

WritersBlock, you are already in the story, like I included you in the bar, so feel free to post. :)

LezaleanWitch - had you recently checked the DT, I also made this observation of unequal genders and asked one or two people to swap, but then Gabriel posted the first post and I was unable to enforce a sudden swap mid-story.

---

Carus

He rolled his eyes at the Ren's actions, "She's too moody to be a good Deva."

Amy just stared. Korah voiced his opinion, "Okay, maybe we knock her out and take her with us? I think we need to move pronto."

Carus giggled a little bit, "It'd be my pleasure," he cracked his fingers and crept into the room, he let out a sigh, and walked back out with disappointed expression on his face, "She's already asleep."

After dragging her out, they waited for a sky-taxi to arrive. They could've flown through the sky, but that would've drawn unwanted attention. Besides, the bext thing about sky taxis were their amazing ability to-

Amy, usually silent, screamed as the tax flipped around and stayed upsidedown. The open top of the taxi gave them a large view of their surroundings. The stone bridges connecting each floating island appeard to be only thin lines.

Only adrenaline junkies took fly-taxis, for the stunts they could pull. Carus lifted his arms up and shook them around, "HAHAH! I love sky-taxis!"

Korah was looking less than amused keeping a watchful eye on the latched-in Ren who was still sleeping soundly even as they twirled about. Within minutes they were at the Southern Summer Continent.

As their taxi driver let up and they finally landed, Amy stumbled out and was looking decidedly green. Carus who felt better than ever laughed at her, and Korah pulled Ren out.

As soon as Ren's feet hit ground she was awake, "Where are we?"

Carus spread his arm out and gestured around him, "Southern Summer Continent."

They looked around.

(You can imagine this. :) We all know what summer is, don't we? XD)
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

182 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:25 pm

*You could have just asked me to cut out my first post. Will post here when I have more time*

*OK, I'm back from the dead* :P *Wait.. that doesn't make any sense, because I've never died before*

"Will this friggin storm ever end?" one of the Harlots whined.

Stephanie sighed. "You know you sounded just like a Yankee just then?"

"What?"

"I said," Stephanie began in an obnoxious voice, "that you sounded like a Yankee."

The Harlots, including Ame, shrugged.

They remained still for what seemed like hours, saying nothing. As time went by, the storm finally let out.

"So," Stephanie said breaking the silence, "would any of you ladies kindly go through my manuscript for my latest novel?" She beamed at her fellow Harlots.

Ame reluctantly smiled back.

Stephanie turned to her expectantly.

"Um.. sorry Stephanie, but I'm feeling rather tired at the moment. Perhaps another day?"

"OK, I understand," Stephanie said, hiding her disappointment. As Ame stalked off, Stephanie surveyed the others.

"Sorry Steph, but I'm spent too," a Harlot said, yawning.

"Yeah, me too, that fight really knocked it out of me," another Harlot said kicking back on a couch.

The others shook their heads.

Stephanie only nodded, and smiled. But, inside, she was torn to shreds. Nobody wants to read my stuff. Only dopey teenage girls ever liked my writing!

She left the others. She desired to experience the sensation of tears trickle down here cheeks. But, she did not have that blessing. Only the creatures known as humans possessed such a gift.

As Stephanie shuffled to the malls atrium to sit at the indoor ponds edge, all she could do is shake in turmoil. The soles of her boots dragged on the floor like dead weight. In a way, Stephanie wasn't afraid of Death. Yes, she knew all too well that Death was an actual physical being. Only to humans was he just an event.

When she reached the pond Stephanie took off her pack, set her book, manuscript, and every other item that would be damaged by water on a bench. She then dove into the coolness of the indoor pond, green with moss and algae.

Stephanie muttered the ancient words and summoned two dolphins to play with her in the dirty water. She smiled as her friends raced each other around the pond. Stephanie joined in on the fun. What would she ever do without her gift?

Probably end up recklessly seeking Death. For she felt that her fellow Harlots did not give a damn about her.
Last edited by AspiringAuthorA..M. on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:11 pm
Light_Devil! says...

*I'm not rude like that.*
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

182 Reviews

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 am

*I posted above your post* :P

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:36 pm
Knurla says...

(Hey AM, Ame is the Harlot, Amy is the Deva.)

Amy jumped from the taxi and heaved, trying to catch her breath. No matter how many times they took those things, it still caught her by surprise. She cleared her throat and glared at the laughing Devas, who continued laughing at her.

The Summer Continent. Amy had always favored the summer weather, but this place stayed hot. If ever she felt the need to get a little bit of sun, this is where she would come. It was her favorite place to be, if there really was any joy in this place.

"Alright, so what are we up to now?" She turned toward Carus, he seemed to just now stop his giggling.
Formerly known as AmberAngst

182 Reviews

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:27 pm

*Oh blast, I'll be sure and change that. :P *

182 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25 am

*Another dead storybook?* :?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:37 am
CelticaNoir says...

Renaheid

Rena cut into Amy's question, not allowing Carus to even open his mouth to answer. "Well, I only see one choice - lounge about like idiots until Deva shows up. Whaaaat?" The question was added in reply to the others' stares. "I'm just putting my two-cents in."

"Unfortunately, we need more than the two-cents you've got, Ren." Carus rolled his eyes as Rena flashed off another glare at him. "Honestly, do you ever stop glaring?"

"Not until you stop making such useless remarks." She said, biting back the risque retort that was on the tip of her tongue. "Well, what do you suggest we do, genius?"

"Oh, I don't know, how about actually trying to look for Deva?"

Rena paused before re-composing herself. "Whatever. What do you think, Amy?"
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

182 Reviews

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Stephanie had dried herself off and sent her dolphin friends back into the abyss of none-existence.

She shuffled back top the Harlots. She still felt rage burning within her. It was so strong that her vision went hazy with it.

She would kill Carus. Oh, yes, she would make sure of that.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 pm
Kaywiia says...

Ame

"Hey, Steph, I will look at the book now." I say, going to sit beside her.

"Really?" She asks.

"Relly. Let me see it." I say. She takes it out and I glance at the title. Lunar Night.

"Nice." I say, referencng the title.

"I like it."

I sit down beside her and start reading through the thing. The book starts of in the prolouge where the voulturi are aproching Edwind and Sella. Oh, my bad, Edward and Bella. Steph would kill me if she heard me say that.

I take out my red pen and start making corrections. Most of them were just little mistakes. But in chapter three she just randomly switched from Bella to Edward's point of view.

I point it out to her.

"Oh, oops." She says, and make a few corrections.

I resume editing under the briliant sun.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar