z

Young Writers Society

Hooves and Heels

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:36 am
Conrad Rice says...

There are three countries in this world. There is the human country of Bran, with its capital city of Kell. There is the centaur country of Hirmirigan. And, there is the elvish country. It has no name, or at least, none that the elves feel willing to share with others.

Bran and Hirmirigan have tense relationships. At times, both will send raiding parties out to attack the other. The only thing that keeps them from full military campaigns against each other is the elves. They have been moving steadily northward from their original country on a campaign of expansion. They do not care whom they toss aside in the process. Both human and centaur alike have felt the cold steel of elvish blades.

A party of ten, five humans and five centaurs, have been caught behind the elvish line of expansion. They must find a way back to safety. In order to do that, they have to slay the elvish commander that is in control of the region. Then they will have enough time to get back into friendly territory.

*We need eight people to play this, four humans and four centaurs. PM your profiles to either me or Jennafina before you post here so that we can approve you for this.*
Last edited by Conrad Rice on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

369 Reviews

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:36 am
Conrad Rice says...

Full Name: Orren Coldwalker

Birthplace: The Northern Plains

Race: Centaur

Eye Color: Blue

Height: 7’ 2’’

Weight: 750 lbs

Appearance: Orren has short grey hair on his head and on his horse half. His human half is well muscled, with a long scar running from just under his left armpit down to his right wither. His horse half is also well muscled, with three vertical blue lines tattooed on his left side.

Clothing:

-Red Scarf

Weapon(s):

-Longsword
-Longbow

Spells: none

Special Skills: Decent with swordsmanship. Good with a bow. Is uncannily good at pathfinding.

Natural Abilities: Can eat the plants around him for food.

Brief History: Orren was born to one of the larger herds of the Northern Plains. He has already proven himself to be one of their better soldiers. So much so that he was awarded his first mare. She waits for him at home, nearly ready to give birth to his first foal.

Orren doesn’t care much for that though. His focus is on the moment, on helping to keep his herd on top as they struggle against both the humans, whom are nearly always there, and the elves, who seem to be moving closer every year. It is a moment for which Orren has prepared himself well.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:52 am
Jennafina says...

Storybook Rules:

1. Controlling other people's characters is allowed, but only to a point. It's fine to make them say or do things as long as you keep them in character, but please don't kill, severely injure, or change the character without first discussing it with the author and any other appropriate storybook members.

2. If you're inactive for a month, with no posts in the DT or storybook, your character becomes public property.

3. Write in whatever style you want: first person, third person, omniscient, whatever you feel best suits your character or the scene.

Additional rules can be discussed in the DT and added as needed, but hopefully we'll be able to get along with these. Having a lot of rules tends to complicate things too much.

Full Name: Tara Jean Tellier

Birthplace: City of Kell, the country's capital and largest trading post.

Race: Human, native of the area.

Eye Color: Black

Height: 5'4

Weight: 160 lbs

Appearance: Tara is short and stout, with wide hips and strong arms and legs. She's the type of girl you'd bet on in a fight, and not the type of girl you'd think would need taking care of. She keeps her coarse black hair neat, and pulled back, and makes up her face the very first thing in the morning.Somehow, even it the midst of treating battle wounds and sickness she manages to stay almost spotlessly clean.

She has a permanent half smile and a confidence that her patients find very calming.

Clothing:

Under her doctor's tunic her clothes are simple, but well made and generally expensive. Her leather sandals are worn, but (of course) not dirty. The doctor's tunic is traditional for those in the medical profession-- heavy brown fabric with at least six pockets, all filled with herbs and instruments. The doctor's tunics are reinforced to be blood and waterproof.

Weapon(s):

None except her fists. The closest she has are her medicines, which could be used as poisons or at least sedatives.

Spells: None really, though her profound knowledge of human and centaur anatomy allows her to heal with an almost magical ability.

Special Skills: She's a doctor, one of the best.

Natural Abilities: None.

Brief History: Tara was born and raised in the City of Kell, a bustling expanse of the pickpockets, street vendors, tradesmen, scholars, travelers and traders both human and centaur. Her parents were killed in a marketplace robbery when she was seventeen, leaving her and her fifteen year old brother Timothy orphaned but with a substantial amount of money. Both of them devoted themselves to colleges: she went into medicine and he became an artist.

From her first day at the college she knew she had a gift for healing. She kept it fairly quiet, allowing herself to get top grades but always letting someone else outshine her by just a little. After she graduated, she worked in a couple different practices, but was eventually bored. She'd rather work somewhere she'd be challenged, and more appreciated. This is what drew her to Centaur medicine.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:58 am
Kamas says...

I am in, if approved of course.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

373 Reviews

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:00 am
Kamas says...

Full Name: Myra Stareyes

Birthplace: Hirmirigan

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 6'9

Weight: 625 lb

Appearance: Myra has a mess of wavy, red hair and dark brown eyes. She has a thin, angular face as well as a thin build. Despite her delicate appearance, she is quite strong. The horse half of her body appears sort of Arabian, with a strong leveled back and hindquarters. The body is a dark bay colour with a tribal tattoo running up the front leg.

Spoiler! :
Girl Half:

Horse Half:

Clothing: Simple sleeveless tunic and brown leather gloves.

Weapon(s): Bow and Arrows and an array of daggers.

Spells: None.

Special Skills: Very intelligent and an ample talent for high speed running (galloping)

Natural Abilities: None.

Brief History/Personality: Myra is one of the rare female solider centaurs, and was never interested in staying home. She found it boring and watched female after female do that exact same thing everyday while the males would train and go to war. She would dream of epic battles and great victories, and promised to her to do something more with herself. The discouragement of her father only motivated her more to prove him wrong, and became extremely stubborn. She worked hard to become a solider, and was accepted when she excelled in archery and long distance attacks. She has a witty tongue that came from spending her time training with the males. This will be her first real fight as a solider.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

373 Reviews

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:02 am
Kamas says...

*double post*
Last edited by Kamas on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#tnt

369 Reviews

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:56 pm
Conrad Rice says...

As it stands, we have three open centaur spots and four open human spots. Send me those profiles so you can be approved and get your spot! :)

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm
Dreamwalker says...

And heres mister 'lord of the rings' xD

Full Name: Theoden Hailberd

Birthplace: Just off in the rural area beside Kell

Race: Human

Eye Color: Green

Height:
6'1

Weight: 180 pounds

Appearance: He has blond hair and blue eyes. He looks like the heroic type, very knight-like but far from chivalrous. His skin is deeply tanned from working on the farm and he is muscled from the long days of toiling. He very strong.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2001_A_ ... er_004.jpg

Clothing:

-When not in armour, he is dressed in a black shirt that ties down the front and a pair of trousers with knee high hunting boots.

Weapon(s):

Short sword and a long bow

Special Skills: Accuracy. He is an archer and very good at that. He was never very good at swordskills so rarely uses the one he carries.

Natural Abilities: Can sleep with his eyes open (xD) And can move silently. Ninjaa.

Brief History:
Theo grew up on a farm just outside of Kell. He is very strong and althetic but he grew to revere the land in which he came from. He hated the monarchy and how they took so much away in taxes so he stayed far away from the courts of the king. He would rather toil in mud for the rest of his life then fight for a king in which he didn't believe should be in rule.

He was only brought into the war because of the circumstances in which he could not escape. He fights with malice and hatred. He is compassionate only to the people he left behind and is very cold to everyone around him until they get under his skin. Because of this, he is very angry.

Hopefully thats good .
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 pm
Vanadis says...

Full Name: Verdandi Stormdancer

Birthplace: The Northern Plains

Eye Color: Blue

Height: 7'0”

Weight: 700 lbs

Appearance: Verdandi has very long, pale blonde hair and tail that she keeps in braids. She is toned but not exactly muscled. Her skin is fair and her horse half is light tan. She has a few silver studs in her ears, one in her nose; she has tribal tattoos around her arms.

Clothing: a white cloth tied around her chest, a bit like a short wrap-top.

Weapon(s): Composite bow

Special Skills: Pretty good with a bow. Knows a lot about nature; edible plants and where to find them, as well as natural remedies and such.

Natural Abilities: Very swift. Also can eat plants. :)

Brief History: Verdandi never really cared for the home life. She has no hard feelings against her herd, but she normally stays to herself. She dreams of being a great warrior, so she trains vigorously. She is as spiritual as she is self-sufficient. As a minimalist, she believes everything she needs will be provided for her. However, she tends not to be very sociable with those she doesn't know closely.

Although she doesn't spend a lot of time with her herd, she loves them and is prepared to do anything to help her race survive and be well.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 am
Jas says...

Should have put my profile here? I PMed my profile to you...
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

373 Reviews

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 am
Kamas says...

You did it correctly Jasmine. They are supposed to be approved before being posted. ^^

#tnt

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:02 am
lizzifer says...

Full Name: Violet Clearwater

Birthplace: The warm climates of the Western coast.

Race: Human

Eye Color: muddy Green

Height: 5'7

Weight: 132 pounds

Appearance: Sam has long chestnut hair that has a hint of a wave. She has tan skin that freckles dot across like ants and long runners legs. People say she is pretty but she really doesn't care for looks even though she seems to have a figure to kill for.

Clothing:

- She dresses lightly reflecting on her heritage in the West. She hates heavy clothes that make it hard to move around.

Weapon(s):

- Rogue style two handed blades
- Daggers

Special Skills: Has rogue/pirate like abilities that make her good at stealth and lying. She only uses these skills for good though.

Natural Abilities: Extremely Flexible.

Brief History: Sam grew up the rich heiress to the slave ships in the western coast. Despite her Father's wishes, she began to talk to the slaves (humans, centaurs and elves alike) to hear their stories and began to become quite attached to them. She then proceeded to rebel against her Father about their business which he quickly retaliated by simply engaging her to a rich inland merchant.The same night she escaped by helping some slaves hijack a slave ship and escaped barely.

She was taught swordsmanship by the slaves, so she has a "strange style". She currently floats around helping where ever she can.
The one who smiles the most has something to hide.

..i'm lonely...message me..some how add me on your social networking site (unless you are some creepy weirdo who stalks girls for their organ harvesting company..i personally like them inside of me thankyou :) )

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 am
Day says...

*I have to drop out so sorry!
Last edited by Day on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

369 Reviews

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 am
Conrad Rice says...

One open human spot and two centaur ones! Once all the spots are filled up we will begin.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 am
Jas says...

should I put my profile here? Like was I approved?
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee