z

Young Writers Society

The Ciianthan Truth: Spies

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:50 am
Kelcia says...

Simon and Susa

“Well, off we go!” said Susa, following after Shahara, who was keeping to the center of the path.

“Into the abyss,” muttered Simon as he trailed after his sister. His curiosity getting the better of him, Simon peered cautiously over the side of the road and into the ravine. The drop was dizzying. Simon stumbled, but caught his balance in time.

“You okay?” asked Susa over her shoulder.

“Yeah,” he said, still slightly dazed. “I’m fine. Just… don’t fall, okay?”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana watched the others pass by her, following Shahara. Shahara seemed confident in her strides, placing them tactfully on the more stable ground on the path, away from the edge but not too close to the cliff face... The only movement was an occassional pebble displaced by her shoes.

"Place your feet exactly where Shahara steps," Karana called, falling in at the back of the line. "She knows what she's doing; you won't fall with trusting her."

Karana resisted the urge to smile at the back of the girl's head, and merely watched her footing, one hand on a sword and the other prepared to take a foothold...just in case.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:33 pm
Nick101 says...

I thought I should wait for Jok101 to post. I felt like he was left out. Should I post anyway?
I follow four rules when writing
1. Don't think. Just write.
2.Never take the pencil from the page when writing
3.Don't erase. Even if what you wrote didn't make sense
4.No need for grammar,punctuation, or spelling when writing

And when your done writing you stop and break all the rules

24 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm
Kelcia says...

Whatever you like, I suppose. Jok101'll post in his own good time.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:15 am
Light_Devil! says...

*Ahahah, I was waiting on him to post too. :P We need to get Jon to go onto the path and then we can get to Heelopeer. :P*
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 am
jok101 says...

*sorry guys writers block*

Jonathan

I walked down the past following Shahara carefully. I had always hated heights ever since a mountain battle. We had been trekking through the valleys for days when we were ambushed. We had ended up stuck in a monastery only two thousand soldiers left. It had been two weeks before any backup had arrived. The nights had been cold the days long and full of fighting. I stopped remembering realising this wasn't the time or the place.

73 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:03 am
Light_Devil! says...

*YAY! :D Okay, onwards we go.*

Linx

The group walked in silence trudging one foot over the next for what seemed like eternity under the blistering 50 degree (celcius) sun.

A couple dangerous incidences occured, like Susa nearly falling off though was quickly saved by Simon. Jon accidentally kicking up dust which just STAYED in the air and clung in their throats, this caused them to stop walking, otherwise they would've been walking blind, for a short while. Their skin was definitely not going to be thankful for this Nature Walk.

Then, after near complete dehydration, a random progress suddenly appeared.

Linx wobbled chaotically over both edges and then suddenly stopped, making the line behind him run into his back and earning a few choice words from the others. He squinted, peering forth, "Do you guys see that?"

Shahara who was behind him and couldn't see past him, lest she compromise her balance and fall, rolled her eyes, "See what?"

"I think it's Heelopeer. I can just see something like a town over there!" Linx was grinning foolishly.

He sprinted forward with the balance of a tight-rope walker in excitement and in a burst of speed he gradually became smaller in Shahara's view. He was soon so far away and small enough that Shahara could finally see past him and she smiled in relief.

They had made it. There, just ahead only about a 500 metre stretch, sat Heelopeer.

But this was only the beginning. They still had to find out everything.

Rather like himself, Linx was hunting down the scent of something rich and delicious. He followed his nose like a dog.

The other's finally caught up. And their mouths drooled. There they were, Standing in a horizontal line at the entrance of the town Heelopeer. Civilisation once again. Linx licked his lips, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to get some bug."

They, with sweat covered bodies, dry mouths and barely any energy left, all glanced at him. Atila asked, "Don't ye mean grub?"

Linx grinned and was about to reply, but all the other's already quite familiar with this pattern shouted, "That's what he SAID!"

Then they laughed altogether and entered the village all aching for a good R'n'R and some decent, what Linx would call, bug.

*Info for those who haven't read the DT :D )
Spoiler! :
Heelopeer is a small town located in the middle of vicious, jagged cliffs and unforgiving, life-risking terrain. The climate in the day is hot, muggy and can leave you with a bad bout of dehydration, while at night it could leave you frost-bitten and sneezing all the way until the sun rose. It is a town society decided to leave alone. And it has thrived that way. Though with a limited population of 100 citizens, it has it own crops, inn, water well and other basic human necessities. There are not many kind people in this hard town, be wary all those who travel there.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

Random avatar

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:41 pm
Nick101 says...

I'm really sorry! I've been occupied for the past three days. I will try to post today if possible. If the form of this message looks weird it's because I'm writing from my phone. That's how busy I am.

Random avatar

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 pm
Nick101 says...

*whew! Finally back from chaos. So we're getting some "bug" *I laughed as I read that* in the Inn I presume. If not ,Light Devil, I will edit. Oh and Jok you'll get out of writer's block soon, you're a brilliant writer. It shouldn't take you long to bounce back.*

Atila

Everyone stood horizontally in the town's entrance. They just stood there staring, their brains buzzed with questions unsaid. What now?
Hero's stomach growled.
"Shush up, Hero," Atila idly whispered to Hero, she didn't want disturb the ghostly feeling of the town. Her eyes caught a movement in one of the upstairs windows of a home nearest to them.

"Mmmm, bug," Linx muttered, he sucked in the aroma of food; they all breathed in delicious smell. The smell came from the doorway of a wooden building. A plaque swung in the whispering breeze, it read: Inn.
Linx walked dazed toward the direction of the Inn.

"The lad has a stomach for a brain, as do I now. Come, Hero," she slapped her thigh and jogged off after Linx.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:01 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Shahara's stomach rumbled low as the scent of food taunted her nose for a second time, the scent stronger this close to the source.

Lix began walking forward, nose up. Atila and Hero followed after him. Shahara didn't have to think, her stomach growled ferociously and she stepped up to follow Atila.

**Sorry so short!**
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

73 Reviews

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:57 am
Light_Devil! says...

*:D Nah, it's all good. Besides, that's where I shall set my trap! :smt036 Anyway, if you guys are wondering what the Inn looks like, here it is:
Spoiler! :

Linx

Linx vaguely made a sort of nod and almost literally drifted into the Inn, named, "A Hard Place". Aptly named for this sort of village.

Linx appeared to teleport, from the door to the waiting tables for served food, as the other's followed behind. He looked up to them, "Uhh, who has the money for this?"

They all paused and looked into their own bags. To their utter shock/horror in each was a small loot. Each of them took one gold coin out and placed it on the table. Six gold coins was a lot.

It was possible to even get first class with that! Linx's mouth began to drool and a waitress, noticing the group with a grimace, stomped over, "What the hell d'ya want?"

Linx all but screamed, "PIE!"

The other's chuckled, and blinded by their newfound riches, sat with Linx and began to order everything they wanted. The waitress took their orders one by one with a wary eye on the other's. Linx ordered a pie and some root beer and he waited for the other's to hurry up.

*AHAHAHAH! :lol: I totally got you with that spoiler, huh? Anyway, yeah, basically that's what it looks like . . . except real.*
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

24 Reviews

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:19 pm
Kelcia says...

*Facepalm* Honestly? 'A Hard Place'?

Hoorah for the Simpsons! :lol:
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

73 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 pm
Light_Devil! says...

*Are you guys going to order food? Or go hungry? :D*
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

Random avatar

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:34 am
Nick101 says...

I really don't have enough time to post so you'll probably won't see me for awhile. Sorry you guys! Oh and Light Devil if you go back to page 9 (I think) atila steals the dead man's money. But she could be hiding it, to not attract the attention of people from Heelopeer?

73 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:31 am
Light_Devil! says...

*It would've been more helpful, instead of writing that, to actually have a character post. But, sure, it's okay to not post. We'll just leave Atila asleep at the Inn. And, uhh, Atila could've put the money she stole into the bag and so she has more loot than the rest of them. Since, no one is posting :( I shall move on.*

P.P

The others ordered what they wanted and waited patiently. Atila, looking tired and worn out, let loose a yawn. The five looked at her and Linx commented, "You looked piped."

"You mean drained?" she asked yawning again.

Linx grinned, "That's what I said. Anyway, I think you should get some shut-eye before you eat. You know what they say! Rest is the best!"

The others said their agreement and apologising, Atila went upstairs, swiping a room key on her way. She left her bag with theirs. As she disappeared Linx's eyes widened and his grin grew, "The food is done!"

As the waitress brought their food out on a platter and approached them. She gave them all a glare as she placed the food, one by one, out onto the table in front of them.

They dug into their meals and when they were finish they sat back, sinking into their chairs. Linx let out a content sigh, "That was SO good."

Shahara nodded her agreement, "Yeah, it was like heaven."

Susa and Simon smiled sluggishly, "It tasted really delicious and gooood."

Jon blinked slowly, his gaze going blurry, "It was nice . . . do you guys feel tired?"

Karana nodded lazily, "I could fall asleep right heeeeeere."

And true to her statement she promptly dropped into unconscious. A few seconds later the others had followed suit.

Someone had poisoned their food.

---

When they awoke, eyes full of muck and mouths as dry as a desert, their money was missing. And the gold they were going to pay for the meal had also disappeared.

The waitress was giving them suspicious looks, and judging by the fact that she hadn't killed them yet for not paying it had only been a few minutes that they were out. Linx moaned, "What happened?"

"We've been had," replied Jon staring at their open and moneyless packs.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink