z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:23 am
Dynamo says...

(Glad to hear it. After this post let's go back to Kai and Skylar. They'll be finished eating so in your next post can you have them leave the restaurant?)

Harry frowned even harder. He swiped the branch from Becky's hand and threw it as far away as he could. "I don't have time for this!" he said, crossing his arms and turning his back to Becky.

The girl sighed and said, "Suit yourself. But you should at least find something you two can enjoy together."

"Whatever." Becky could tell there was nothing else she could say, Harry was at the point where he would no longer listen anyway. She began to make her way back to the mansion. When the girl was gone Harry muttered, "Like I'm going to take advice from some brat."

Harry felt something nudge at his leg. When he looked down he saw Fang sitting there holding the branch with his mouth.

Harry frowned again. "What, you actually want to act like a dog?"

Fang placed the branch at his feet before saying, "It's not like we have anything else to do tonight. At least this way we won't get bored."

Harry made that tch noise through his teeth again before muttering, "I can't believe this..." Reluctantly, he reached down and grabbed the stick, and threw it with all his might. Fang ran after it almost immediately. After a few minutes of watching Fang run back and forth for the branch, Harry actually started to feel like he was having fun.

All the while Becky and Usagi watched from one of the mansion's windows. A smile crept along her face.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:08 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**Life has a way of biting you in the ass sometimes. :P Anyway, I probably won't be able to post this weekend due to grandparents coming in. This is my senior year which is why I'm not posting so much. I'm fighting to get all my classes done**

When they finished the food and left the restaurant Skylar smiled, she had ended up having fun in the restaurant but she liked not having to worry about whether she was doing things right or wrong.

"That was nice." Kai smiled. She nodded at him and looked up at the dark sky, the stars shone brightly above them.

"It was very good." She replied with a smile looking over at him. She was having fun, it was nice to get away from things every now and then and not have to worry about everything that was going on.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:24 pm
Dynamo says...

"So, what are we going to do next?" Skylar asked as they made their way over to Ivy's limo, which was waiting for them in the parking lot.

"Well, I was thinking of taking you to see a movie," Kai answered.

"Which one?"

Before he could answer, a man appeared from the shadows behind the restaurant and ran up to them. He wore trashy clothing and a hooded sweatshirt with the hood over his head. He was holding a gun.

"Don't move, you two. Hand over everything you've got!" he demanded.

(Ryukin and Tala are going to jump in and protect them from the mugger.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:06 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar clenched her jaw, she was in a dress which would make it incredibly hard to do anything. Kai must've read her mind and he put a gently hand on her arm to keep her from trying anything. Within a split second Tala and Ryukin were in front of them. Ryukin towering so as if the man fired his weapon there would be no way it would hit either Kai or Skylar.

**I've nothing, had a long but good weekend and I'm brain dead at the moment. :@ **
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:35 pm
Dynamo says...

(No problem.)

The mugger's eyes went wide with surprise. "What the fuck!?" He fired a couple of shots at Ryukin out of reflex. The bullets sparked as they bounced off his body. The most they did was make Ryukin flinch a little with each impact, but other than that they were completely harmless to him.

Tala jumped in and headbutted the guy in the stomach, knocking him to the ground. His gun bounced across the ground a few feet. He scrambled for the weapon while trying to catch his breath, but Tala crushed it with her paw before he could grab it.

The mugger whimpered in terror as he stared up at the two metal creatures towering over him. "Please, don't hurt me!" he begged.

"Leave now, and we won't," Kai told him.

The man hesitated for a moment, then scrambled to his feet. He turned and ran off as fast as he could, as though the devil himself was chasing him.

"I'm glad that's over," Kai said.

"No kidding." Skylar heard some voices coming from the restaurant. She looked over her shoulder and saw a bunch of people at the front door staring at them. Some of them were getting their phones out. "Shit. Get out of here, both of you!"

Ryukin and Tala both nodded and ran off. Skylar immediately started pulling Kai toward the limo. It was bad enough that they were seen with their Tsurekin, and it would only get worse if someone managed to get a picture.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:07 am
TNCowgirl says...

They kept their heads ducked down as they climbed in the limo and the limo sped off quickly. Skylar looked back towards the restaurant and bit her lower lip.

"What if they got a pictures of the license plate or someone wrote it down?" She asked worridly. "Or someone remembers we were in there and looks up the reservation name."

"Calm down, we'll talk to Ivy about it tomorrow, I'm sure it'll be fine." Kai said. But he didn't sound any more assured about it then she felt. She sighed and sat back facing forward.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:12 pm
Dynamo says...

The mugger kept running until he was a few blocks away. He stopped and turned down an alley. The man leaned against the wall and tried to catch his breath.

A voice from the shadows said, "So, how did it go?"

The mugger jumped a little. "Who's there!?" Bulgar stepped into view from further down the alley. He leaned against the wall beside the man with his arms crossed. The man scowled at him and pushed away from the wall. "I thought I was just robbing a couple of kids, you didn't tell me they were being protected by those monsters!"

"It doesn't matter, you did what you were supposed to do." Bulgar reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of twenty dollar bills. He tossed it at the man's feet and said, "There, five hundred dollars just as we agreed."

The mugger took the money and stuffed it in his pocket, but he didn't leave after that. Instead, he pulled out a knife and said, "Those monsters could have killed me. I want more."

Bulgar didn't flinch when he saw the knife. Instead, he smiled. "Do you really think that tiny blade scares me even the slightest?" Bulgar raised his hand and snapped his fingers. Two glowing red eyes appeared among the shadows further down the alley. Taura, Bulgar's Tsurekin, stepped into sight. The mugger stared up at the towering beast, eyes wide with horror.

Bulgar plucked the knife from the man's hand while he was distracted. He held the tip with his index finger and thumb and the handle with his other hand. The mugger watched as Bulgar easily snapped the weapon in two. "A word of advice, be careful who you threaten in the future. It might just cost you your life."

His words alone were enough to send the man over the edge. He ran out of the alley, screaming at the top of his lungs.

Bulgar waited a few moments before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone. He dialed a number and brought it up to his ear. When the person on the other line answered he said, "Phase one is complete, Jirran."

"Excellent," Jirran said, his voice resonating with power even through the phone. "Now it's only a matter of time before the police find out and trace them back to Ivy's mansion. Once they find out about the Tsurekin, they'll send a SWAT team in to capture them all, maybe even the army if we're lucky. Once Ivy and her kids are all out of the way, there will be no one to get in the way of my plans."

"Just don't forget about our deal, boss," Bulgar said.

"Of course. When this is all over, you will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

(How's that for a plot twist? By the way, in your next post you can have Kai and Skylar arrive at the mansion.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:33 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***That is a good twist for sure. :D ***

Skylar couldn't help but have a bad feeling about it all. What if they had just helped destroy their safety and everything they had worked to protect and hide.

"Relax." Kai said as he put an arm around her shoulders. She couldn't relax though, why couldn't they have been able to protect themselves? She knew the answer, that Ryukin and Tala weren't thinking about staying hidden if they were in trouble. They got to the masion without anything else happening and Skylar couldn't help feel a little sick when she saw Ivy standing on the front porch of the mansion looking relaxed.

"What are we going to tell her?" She asked.

"The truth. There wasn't anything we could've done and Ryukin and Tala were just doing what come naturally to them." Kai replied climbing out and helping her out of the limo. Skylar just nodded and looked back towards the town. Someone probably got a picture of their car and if not they would have the name on the reservation at the restaurant.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:54 am
Dynamo says...

Ivy smiled as the two of them approached. "So, how was your night together?" she asked. There was an ever-so slight tone of eagerness in her voice, despite how well she tried to hide it.

"It was great, until we left the restaurant," Skylar replied.

"What do you mean?" Ivy asked, her face changing from pleasant to concerned.

"I think we may have a problem," Kai said. "We were confronted by a mugger in the parking lot on our way back to the limo. We could have taken him out the moment he showed up, but he had a gun. Thankfully, Ryukin and Tala showed up and disarmed him before anything terrible transpired. However, the commotion we caused attracted the attention of the people in the restaurant, and some of them saw our Tsurekin. I can't say for sure, but it's possible someone might have taken a picture or two of us."

Ivy nodded. "I see, that certainly is troublesome." She motioned the two inside. "There's no point standing out in the cold, let's continue this discussion in my office."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar followed them inside and to Ivy's office where Ivy made a few phone calls. She took a deep breath as she listened to the conversations.

**I've nothing**
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 1:10 pm
Dynamo says...

After the last call Ivy leaned back in her chair and looked at the two. "Now, you say some people managed to take some pictures of your Tsurekin?" she asked.

"We don't know for sure, but it's a possibility," Kai said.

She nodded. "You're right, this may cause us trouble. A witness who saw your Tsurekin with their own eyes is reason enough to start a police investigation. I fear about what would happen if some of them had indeed taken pictures. Either way it's only a matter of time before the police come to our doorstep and start asking questions."

"This is all our fault," Skylar said. "If we hadn't gone out tonight none of this would have happened. If the police find out about Tala and the others..."

"Don't worry, Skylar," Kai reassured her. "Everything is going to be all right."

Ivy nodded. "That's right. Don't forget, Kurt is in the CIA. As long as this whole thing doesn't go public, he can pull some strings and keep the police away from us."

"But, what if that doesn't work?" Skylar asked.

"If words won't persuade them, then there's always money."

"Money?" Skylar asked, cocking an eyebrow. "You mean, like bribing?"

Ivy merely smiled and said, "It's getting late. You two should be heading off to bed. Don't worry, I'll take care of everything."
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 am
Dynamo says...

(Oh yeah, if you're having trouble thinking of what to post next you could always have Skylar voice her concerns to Kai one more time as they make their way back to their rooms, and when they get there you could have Kai give her a good-night kiss.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 am
TNCowgirl says...

((Sorry, I'm FINALLY done with highschool. :D I'm going to be gone from either the 20th or the 21st til the 28ish. Just wanted to let you know.))

Skylar nodded and they walked towards the rooms where they stayed. Skylar didn't know what to say or do. She took a deep breath and looked at the door to her room.

"It's fine." Kai smiled at her. "Don't worry, Ivy knows what she is talking about."

"I guess." She looked at her door and sighed. "Guess it's time for bed then." She turned to open her door and felt Kai put his hand on her elbow. She turned and looked at him confused.

"Thanks for tonight." He smiled at her. Before she could say anything he leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2010 3:07 am
Dynamo says...

(Congratulations. A word of wisdom, there's a very sharp difficulty curve when you're going from high school to college. Don't let your homework pile up.

Sorry about the delay. I just got a new game called Majesty 2, and it's been taking up most of my time. I'm posting right now because the game decided to crash on me.)

Skylar stared at him for a moment. When she took hold of her senses she asked, "What was that for?"

"For going out with me," Kai replied. "Even though our dates have a tendency of ending abruptly, I still enjoy the time I spend with you."

Skylar smiled. "Thanks, I had a lot of fun, too." She would have said good night at that point, but she could tell there was something else he wanted it say from the way his eyes darted left to right as though he was searching for the right words. "Is there something else you wanted to say, Kai?" she asked.

Kai scratched his head and looked a little embarrassed. "Well, I'm not sure how to go about this, but..." he paused for a moment, as if to collect his courage. "Skylar, will you be my girlfriend?"
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 am
TNCowgirl says...

(((I'm not going to college right off. I've a few other things lined up that I might try for. We will see. :D )))

Skylar looked at him surprised and bit her lower lip. "Sure." She smiled. "I'd like that for sure." He relaxed a tad it looked like and he smiled.

"Goodnight then, Skylar." He said softly.

"Goodnight, Kai." She smiled back.
Want a Readers crit???

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria