z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:31 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar clenched her jaw, but didn't say anything. "We'll be partners." Sean replied.

"Whatever." She replied as she pulled out a note pad and started to doodle.

"So what happened to you and him dating?" Sean asked.

"We weren't!" She growled. "I don't know why you think we were."

"Just seemed like y'all were."

"We hung out. Thats it." She hissed.

"Fine, sorry I mentioned it." He smiled. She clenched his fists and leaned back crossing her arms. She listened to the teacher talk about their up coming project.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:31 pm
Dynamo says...

The assignment was about mixing certain chemicals together and recording their results. A few times during the assignment Skylar heard Brittney laugh. She couldn't understand why, but every time she heard that noise come out of that girl's mouth she wanted to hit something.

When the assignment was finished and everyone was cleaning up their tables, Brittney turned to Kai and said, "Wow, you're really smart."

"I guess," he said.

"Cute, and smart. I like that in a man." She moved closer to whisper into his ear. "Meet me in the forest behind the school at lunch. Come alone." That was all she said before she took her books and left for her next class.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:13 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar watched as Brittney whispered something in Kai's ear then sent a smirk Skylar's way before sauntering off. Skylar clenched her fists as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the classroom and to her locker getting the books for her next class that she hadn't gotten sense she was a little late.

"Oh your not jealous, your worse then jealous." Sean laughed walking up behind her. She spun around and faced him.

"Say one more thing and I swear I'll hurt you." She growled before pushing past him.

"Ya, ya." He laughed catching up. She glared as she kept walking.

*~*~*~*~*

Lunch got there before Skylar was ready. She went up to where Tala would be without waiting for the guys.

"Whats wrong?" Tala asked as she sat down in the far corner from the door.

"Nothing." She replied as she opened her sandwhich.

"BS" Tala replied laying down in front of her. "Whats wrong?"

"Highschool drama, nothing to worry about." Skylar replied. "I'm not gonna talk about it."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:47 pm
Dynamo says...

Sean came up to the roof a few minutes later. As soon as the door was closed Reiky jumped on his shoulder. Ryukin, who was sitting off to the side, turned to him and asked, "Where is Kai?"

"He said Brittney wanted to see him in the forest at lunch."

Skylar rolled her eyes and muttered, "Tramp."

Sean looked at her and asked, "Seriously, Sky. You're jealous."

She frowned at Sean and said, "I am not! Kai can date whoever he wants, it's none of my concern."

"It's strange though," Ryukin said. "That girl never spoke to Kai before. Why is she suddenly so interested in him?"

Sean looked at the dragon and said, "You know, Kai said the exact same thing."

"Hmm..." The dragon walked over to the one side of the school where he could get off the roof without anyone seeing him.

"Where are you going?" Tala asked.

"I'm going to go check something, I'll be back in a few minutes."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:57 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar didn't like it one bit, but she finished her food. "Jealous? Never seen you be jealous before." Tala said.

"Cause I'm not and never will be jealous." SHe replied sharply. Tala's eyes narrowed.

"Liar." She said in a low tone only Sky could hear.

"Shut up!" She turned her back to Tala and frowned. Where had Ryukin gone? What was going on? What was with Brittney's sudden attraction to Kai? Was she really jealous?

No! I can't be. No reason to be. I mean I just got to know the kid. She closed her eyes and laid her head back. No way am I jealous. Their all just crazy.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:18 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai navigated through the trees, trying to find Brittney. She hadn't given him a specific meeting place, she just said to meet him in the forest. Hey called out to see if she could hear him, "Brittney! Are you here?"

"Kai, over here!"

Kai followed her voice and soon found her. She smiled as she took his hand with both of her's and said, "You know, I've been watching you for a while now."

"You have?" Kai asked, a little nervous.

She nodded. "You're a pretty amazing guy, you know. Smart, handsome, and your friend is very strong."

"Friend? What do you mean?"

Her smile changed to something a little more sinister. "Why, the one that started the forest fire yesterday, of course. I'd love to meet him in person, and so would someone else I know..."

Kai jerked his hand out of her's and stepped back. "You're the one that's been spying on us, you're that thing's master!"

She simply kept her smile and said, "Of course."

Kai turned to run, to try and warn the others. But Brittney pointed at him and shouted, "Arachna!"

Something slammed into Kai's back. Before he knew it, eight metal pincers were wrapped around his arms and body and he was being lifted up into the air. The spider creature, Arachna, stuck him to a spider web situated high up in the trees. Kai tried to struggle free but the webs were too sticky. He couldn't move.

"Men are so gullible," Brittney said as she walked into his sight.

"What do you want from me?" Kai demanded.

"Oh, it's not you I want," she said with a sinister smile. "What I want is your friend."

(If you plan on having the others follow Kai, don't let them reach him in your next post. Every villan needs a chance to do a monologue to explain the reason behind their actions, right? :D )
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:37 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Of course. it's only fair to them. :D )))

Skylar finished her food and shifted how she was sitting.

"Why don't we just go check on him. I've a bad feeling." Sean said looking up at her.

"He can take care of himself." She replied crossing her arms.

"You know you want to. Come on, what can it hurt?" He asked standing up.

"Fine, but just know I'm. Not. Jealous." She replied getting up and following him.

"We'll meet y'all in the woods." Tala said as she went to the other side of the building. Skylar nodded as she walked down the stairs behind Sean.

"Well you're a horrible liar." Sean replied. She hit the back of his head, but he barely flinched.

"You need a girlfriend so you'll stay out of everyone elses buisness." She growled.

"Eh, I'm enjoying myself." He replied as they slipped into the woods. "I mean whats better then picking on you?"

"If I didn't know better I'd say your flirting with me." She replied not looking at him

"No, picking on you like I do all my friends, chill out your way to stressed right now."

"Well, your not the only one with a bad feeling."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:17 pm
Dynamo says...

"What do you want with Ryukin?" Kai demanded.

"Don't tell me you don't know how a Tsurekin gains power," Brittney said.

"Tsurekin?"

"...You really don't know?" She laughed, and it was a laugh that would send shivers down any person's spine. "You've had a Tsurekin all this time and you don't know anything about it? Maybe I was a little too generous when I called you smart."

"Just tell me, what do you want with Ryukin!?"

"Fine, I'll explain it for you," she said. "When two Tsurekin fight each other the energies inside both of them start to leak out. When one Tsurekin defeats another, it absorbs the energy it lost and the energy from its opponent. The more a Tsurekin fights, the stronger it gets." She pointed at Kai. "That's why I'm using you as bait. In just one attack that dragon managed to leave a huge dent in Arachna, one that she still hasn't recovered from yet. That same attack even set the forest on fire. I want that power, and as soon as your little pet shows up, I'll be taking it."

"I won't let you hurt him!" Kai shouted.

"And what are you going to do about it?" she asked. "You're all the way up there."

A roar erupted from a nearby bush as Ryukin rushed into view. He rushed toward Brittney, but she didn't even flinch. Before he could touch her, the metal spider shot a white substance from the end of its body at the dragon, pinning him to the ground.

"Ryukin!" Kai shouted.

Brittney turned to the metal dragon and said, "Well, looks like the guest of honor has finally arrived." Her smile widened when she said, "Arachna, you know what to do."

The spider began its decent from the trees toward Ryukin.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar ran through the woods as Tala ran ahead.

"I found their trail." Tala called. They ran faster and Skylar jumped a tad when she heard Tala growl and then tear off into the bushes then she heard metal on metal. Skylar walked out into the opening and frowned.

"Something was up." Sean hissed from next to her. They both looked at Ryukin and then Brittney.

"Wheres Kai?" Skylar demanded.

"Up here!" Kai called from above them. She glanced up and frowned. She then looked at Tala who was holding the spider down and saw Reiky getting the web off Ryukin. Skylar hissed when Tala was suddenly thrown off the spider. She flew back and landed on her feet standing in front of Skylar crouching low.

"Well, looks like we're not going to get this done the easy way." Brittney frowned.

"What done?" Skylar demanded clenching her fists.

"Growing my Tsurekin." She smiled. "Only problem is this is an unfair fight. Course if we can snag the monkey and run then it'll give us a little power at least."

"Your not touching Reiky." Sean growled.

"I doubt you even know how to take care of the thing." Brittney laughed. "Let alone have it fight."

Skylar walked over to the tree that Kai was up in. She started to climb up it.

"Where do you think your going, missy?" Brittney demanded. "Arachna." The spider turned to face Skylar but Tala jumped in front of her.

"Stay away from my human!" She growled lowly.

"It's just a wolf, stop her!" Brittney hissed. Arachna jumped back on a tree and started climbing up it.

"Skylar, I think you need to get down." Sean said. She kept climbing until she got up to the web.

"Ok, so I think I started without a plan." She frowned. She pulled at one of the webbings and it let go. She climbed up higher and did it again.

"To your left!" Sean called. She ducked behind the tree as something was shot towards her.

"This is alot unfair." She growled. She saw Tala crouch and jumped at Brittney pinning her down.

"Get away from my human or I"ll kill yours!" Tala hissed.

***if this isn't ok then let me know and I"ll redo it. :D ***
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:25 am
Dynamo says...

(It's fine. By the way, I've got a funny way of how to defeat Brittney, but you're going to have to wait until my next post. :D )

The spider stopped. She didn't get down from the tree, but she didn't continue to climb either. It was a start.

Tala shouted at Arachna, "Now, get down from that tree, slowly!"

The spider seemed to look from Tala to Brittney. It seemed to nod, at what no one knew, and started to climb down, one pincer at a time.

Brittney started to chuckle underneath Tala's claws.

"I wouldn't be laughing if I were in your position," Tala said.

"Oh, yes you would," she said with a sinister smile. "Take a look at your feet."

Tala debated on whether or not to look. After a moment she decided to humor the girl and look. Her back feet were covered with spider webs, stuck firmly to the ground. She tried pulling her legs out, but no matter how hard she pulled the webs wouldn't give.

"You're in my domain, now," Brittney said. "Arachna, now!"

The metal spider spun its body around so its behind was facing them. A stream of white webs poured out of her and hit Tala, sending her to the ground.

"Tala!" Skylar shouted.

Arachna turned to her next. She shot more webs out of her body. Hanging onto the side of the tree made moving harder for Skylar. She couldn't dodge the sticky silk that stuck her to the same web as Kai.

"Sky, are you all right?" Kai asked, worried.

"I'm fine," she said. She looked down at Tala and yelled, "Tala, get up!"

"What do you think I'm trying to do!?" Tala shouted back as she struggled to move, and failed.

Brittney got back to her feet and brushed herself off. "I'll deal with you later," she told Tala. She turned to Sean and Reiky, who were beside Ryukin after trying to get some of the web off him, and said, "But first, I need to make sure you two won't run off."

"You will not be harming anyone today," Ryukin said.

She looked at the dragon and said, "As for you, dragon, you'll be the first to feed my Tsurekin."

Ryukin expanded his wings. The edges of his wings were sharp enough to cut through the webs holding him down with one swift swipe. A few strands of silk hung off of his body here and there, but for the most part he was free.

"Very resourceful," Brittney said. Arachna came to her side. "I guess I'll have to work a bit harder to get that energy from you."
Last edited by Dynamo on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:36 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar pulled against the webs but went no where.

"I've tried, there's no way out." Kai said as Ryukin streched to his full height.

"So is it just me, or were we not ready for this?" She asked as she looked at Tala. She was scared, she couldn't lose Tala. No matter what she couldn't lose her. "Try and bite them." She called to Tala.

"Have you tasted these webs, their nasty." Tala hissed.

"You can't taste!"

"Right." Tala chewed on the web slowly cutting through them.

**Short, sorry**
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:15 pm
Dynamo says...

(No problem.)

Ryukin squared off with the metal spider, waiting for the right moment to strike. They stared at each other, and when Arachna made a small movement Ryukin struck. He went to slash her with his claws, but the spider moved to the right just out of reach. Ryukin swung his body around so his tail whipped his opponent across the face. The attack knocked Arachna back a few feet.

As they continued fighting, Brittney called to her Tsurekin, "That's it, Arachna! Think of all the power you'll get from him when you win!"

Reiky, who had left Sean's side a few moments ago, jumped down from one of the trees and landed on Brittney's back. She started pulling at the girl's hair and hitting her head.

"Get it off! Get it off!" she yelled as she tried to reach for the monkey. No matter how hard she tried though, Reiky was always just out of her reach.

Arachna turned away from Ryukin to Brittney. "Master!" she called in a hissing female voice. The spider panicked as it turned around and shot a stream of web at Brittney. Reiky jumped off at the last second so instead of getting caught in the web, it was Brittney who was caught. The web pinned the girl against a nearby tree. Before Arachna could go to her master to help, Ryukin jumped on top of her and pinned her down.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:29 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((((I've no idea what to post. :'( :P )))))
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:37 pm
Dynamo says...

(Well, you could write about all of them getting out of the webs. When they get down you can make them start questioning Brittney. You can let me take over from there. What I did was funny though, right? Her own Tsurekin stuck her to a tree. :lol: )
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:42 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

(((Very funny. :P )))

Skylar watched as Reiky cut her and Kai down. When she was down she ran over to Tala and helped get all the webs off her.

"I say we kill them both." Tala hissed.

"Tala, I'm not about to go to prison." Skylar replied.

"But it'd be self defense."

"Oh, so we're just going to go up to the police and tell them that we were defending ourselves from huge metal creatures. They'd take you away and send you to a lab to be studied."

"Ok, so the human lives." Tala replied. "I want to kill the spider."

"Tala, hush." Skylar growled lowly as Kai walked over to where Brittney was.
Want a Readers crit???

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury