z

Young Writers Society

Carradyne

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:51 am
deleted6 says...

Right here the deal Carradyne is a great Kingdom gaurded by many enchantment but evil has got inside an is rotting it from the inside.
The charecter are Aurora, an heir to the throne Calab a Knight of the king choosing, an the dying king Ganan.
But their more since their so many enchantment you cannot see what outside so the world outside is hell a waestland.
The traitor is called Resputo an the family who live outside of the castle in the waestland is Marko Lence a knight who got banished an his two children which one is very gifted theirs names are Rose an Edward. Make up the rest
Last edited by deleted6 on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:53 pm
Squeaky says...

Theres only two characters? I dont think this is going anywhere...
Pass me a bottle, Mr.Jones. Believe in me.
I wanna be someone who believes.

~Counting Crows~

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:57 pm
Elizabeth says...

feh he's giving an introduction me thinks, maybe there'll be more characters later?
RIGHT FONTROY???
[ahh that's where you got aroura from.... feh...]

Random avatar

Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:42 am
deleted6 says...

No it from sleeping beuty the name an yes ,introduce more charecters i was bored do it
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.

Random avatar

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:01 am
Elizabeth says...

(After 2 days here it is... well what I want to show... if you want me to write more personally for you then I will Fontroy - TBR)

Lady Aurora looked out the stained window in her father’s room that overlooked the valley. Tension hung high in the air as remaining soldiers marched out towards the barrier, which was supposed to keep the dark magic of Resputo out of the city.

“Aye, today is the end of us,” moaned King Ganan. He was old, weak, and venerable and Aurora protected him.

“Now Father, you mustn’t despair. You of all people—“ but she was cut off by the tremendous sound of swords against swords. She cleared her throat silently and continued.

“Father, you have to be strong, you always were and never let anybody bring you down, so why now? It wasn’t your fault you trusted that traitor. None of the people believe you were the cause of this. They love you, I love you too, please don’t be doubtful,” Aurora’s eyes welled up with tears as her father’s harsh face looked past her and out the window.

“Daughter, I am sorry,” his eyes lit up a bit, “I care deeply for you, just as Caleb does.”

“Don’t be foolish, he doesn’t fancy me at all. He has his eyes set on another.”

“Who might that be?” asked the king. Aurora was silent as she heard several of her guards pace back and forth in the doorway.

“Just another Father. Just another.” Lady Aurora walked back to the window and stared outward.

From the tall marble wall, standing nearly fifty feet high were archers, lined up, firing with their lives. Down in the valley were the swordsmen, the defense from having the enemy reach the castle at the top of the mountain. On the castle walls were more archers. And somewhere down there, in the valley, Sir Caleb was fighting for her.

One by one his comrades fell onto the dusty grass of the valley. Caleb still swung, not letting his emotions toy with the fact he was protecting so much.

His sword was heavy and he wasn’t prepared for this battle.

It was so sudden. Resputo’s men blasted through their wall and came pouring in. Savagely like juggernauts they slaughtered anything that lay in their path, whole families, defenseless children. And Caleb knew how it felt to watch your family die.

“For Carradyne!” he called out before striking one of the foes. ”For Carradyne!” rang out a chorus of other knights.
Suddenly all was silent. The clanging of swords and the flow of arrows were abruptly halted. Caleb’s current target stopped his thrust.

“Hail Sir Marko Lence!” A series of battle-axes and two-handed swords went up as a tall, well-built man on a horse strode by. Marko scanned the area and when he found what he wanted he raced to it. And he wanted Caleb. He pulled his black Mayer to a halt before he got off. He took off his helmet and his chestnut hair blew with the wind.

“Ah, Sir Caleb of Carradyne, fancy meeting you here. I trust you have met my men,” Caleb smirked.

“Aye, that I did. It makes me wonder if the vile blackness in your heart created them or has Resputo done this deed?” Caleb reluctantly withdrew his sword.

He let out a laugh. So long and loud that it seemed to become a wolf's howl. Marko put his helmet back on and drew his sword. He motioned with his hand for Caleb to bring it on. Caleb drew his sword, took his stance and in a flash of fury they began their battle.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:36 am
deleted6 says...

"Marko we can help you shouted Caleb as blocked Marko attack."
"No you can't! Carradyne is a lost cause, Caleb you not seen the outside."Caleb looked surprised at him
"Carradyne a lost cause, that madness when you were a knight here you told me this must be what heaven looked like he shouted angerily trying stabbing Marko just missing."
"Marko it not too late to come back!"
"Yes it is he screamed plunging his sword at Caleb,"you still don't understand do you, I need to help Resputo will kill my daughter if i do not destroy Carradyne he screamed stabbing Caleb in the gut "i'm sorry old friend..... I must do this for Rose he replied crying."
Marko walked away an told the men to seize fire now Carradyne has fallen.

Caleb got up an ran to throne room when he got their he pushed the throne away to reveal a secret passage an some stairs.
He pulled back the Throne an ran up the stairs as fast as he could an then burst opened the door.
"Sire i have b..ad n...ews he said trying to speak "Carradyne will have to go to plan two Surrender he said crying Carradyne had fallen."
"Not yet Caleb" announced King Ganan!"
"Move everyone into the mountain, I have knowledge that their catacombs down their replied Ganan bravily.".....

Random avatar

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:14 am
Elizabeth says...

Sorry I had to edit this to enable myself to continue. I'll fix this and post what I have later. Promise:

"Marko we can help you," shouted Caleb as blocked Markos attack."
"No you can't! Carradyne is a lost cause! Caleb, you've not seen the outside." Caleb looked surprised at him.
"Carradyne is a lost cause! The madness when you were a knight here you told me this must be what heaven looked like!" Caleb shouted angerily trying to stab Marko. He barely missed.
"Marko it not too late to come back!"
"Yes it is!" he screamed plunging his sword at Caleb,"you still don't understand, do you? I need to help Resputo. He will kill my daughter if I do not destroy Carradyne," he growled stabbing Caleb in the gut "I'm sorry old friend..... I must do this for Rose," he replied with invisable tears.

Marko pulled his sword out of Caleb and watched him fall to his knees. Then hewalked away an told the men to seize fire. Now Carradyne has fallen.

Caleb got up after he woke up from blacking out and ran to throne room. When he got there, he pushed the throne away to reveal a secret passage and some stairs.
He hobbled up the stairs as fast as he could an then burst opened the door. Lady Aurora was startled and Ganan sat up in his bed. Lady Aurora's eyes were full of horror when she saw the blood dripping from Caleb.
"Sire, I have b..ad n...ews," he said trying to speak, "Carradyne will have to go to plan two. Surrender, Carradyne has fallen," Caleb fell to his knees, broken down into tears.
"Not yet Caleb" announced King Ganan, "not yet! Move everyone into the mountain, I have knowledge that there are catacombs down there," said Ganan bravily.

Random avatar

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:15 pm
Elizabeth says...

Caleb and Aurora, her dressing in the farmers clothes, ran down to the town square and gathered up every man, woman, and child. Calls and shouts rang through the air as they herded everybody into the giant castle atop the hill.

As everybody, restless and confused, gathered into the giant ballroom Caleb called out to them and shouted, "Here me now people of Carradyne! Your King calls upon you! We must flee. Take what you have with you now and follow Lady Aurora down through the staircase into the mountian!" Caleb pulled a lever and the giant stage, where musicans performed during many ocassions, pulled away and lifted off the ground to reveal a dark, musted corridor.

"Come my people! Follow me! Guards, grab my father and bring him with, he is too weak to walk," Lady Aurora lit torches and handed them to the men of the town, "Come!"

Caleb stood behind with the King and they discussed the matter of food, water and shelter for the people.

"They must be helped, I was to stubborn and overlooked that factor. Yet...
Under the mountian, that is where many of the ancient people started Carradyne as well as my great grandfather, Thanols Ganan, the ruler, many lived there to mine the gold and minerals in the soil.

"But once they had hollowed out the mountian they feared it would collapse upon them. They built many support beams and tied them together with magic, in order to prevent the mountian from falling. King Ganan, built Carradyne Castle ontop of the hill and issued a secret few to build a village inside the mountian again, incase the outside wasn't as safe as he thought.

"Surprisingly he only told me, and now I am telling you. That applies to nothing, I juat have to say that there is shelter down there. There is also an underground stream and valley there, full of elk and deer that I supplied yearly incase this should happen. But it won't last forever Sir Caleb," King Ganan let out a wheeze.

"Does Aurora know of this?"
"No, I didn't want to have her to worry about all the little tasks I have done, like supply deer."
"You go on your Highness, I have to do something." With that Caleb dashed around and back up the staircase...

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:51 am
bubblewrapped says...

Meanwhile, Lady Aurora led her people into the catacombs. They followed her in silence, the encroaching dark frightening even the most vouble child or biddy into quick submission as they followed her flickering light. As she went, Aurora paused to light the torches along the walls, but this only stirred up the shadows, making the passage seem even more treacherous.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Random avatar

Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:16 am
deleted6 says...

Meanwhile Caleb had gone back to fend them off, because Marko knew about this passage, he swore on his king he would stop all i came, but when Marko did come he was in tears an he had no weapon an was alone. "What the matter old friend"he said kindly Marko replied "Resputo killed Edward right in front of my eyes, i need Carradyne help, an i can be helpful. So please i need Rose to stay alive she what keeps Carradyne from falling, she the gaurdian of Carradyne..................

Random avatar

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:20 pm
Elizabeth says...

(AGH FONTROY THIS IS GETTING CONFUSING)
I'll write a ltitle still.....

The immediate shock of what Caleb just heard make him drop to his knees and he looked at Marko.
How could anybody, even as terrible as Marko acted, have deserved to see their own children die in front of their eyes?

"How did this happen Marko? Marko, speak to me, I, and the good Carradyne, will help you," Caleb remarked.
"He showed no pity... he said..... show no mercy to Caleb, he is your enemy not your friend. I denied that... and..." tears welled up in his already red eyes.
Caleb carried Marko on his shoulder," come on, we're headed back to Carradyne."

Random avatar

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:18 pm
Elizabeth says...

Lady Aurora and the villagers finally arrived at their destination. There were huts all around the musty enterance. A fresh river ran in the middle of it.

"This is our home until the war passes," King Ganan rang out to the crowd. "This is our home!"

Random avatar

Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:15 pm
deleted6 says...

James looked at his new home and thought how he could did something to stop his wife and children getting slain for no reason just because they were people of Carradyne and outdoors the castle buying food from the market but no he did nothing they were out of the main gates so oviuosly they're one of the first to been slain.

He could have fought for Carradyne he was quite tall great build,black hair, and most of his teeth still in his mouth but he was putdown as unfit because his leg was seriously hurt at that time, because a cross bow bolt went into his leg and broke the bone.

He went to talk to see if his brother was still alive or had he been slain for no reason. "Oh how Carradyne had resisted all these wars we will never know" he mumbled.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:48 pm
little x soldier says...

Little sobs and cries escaped from an ajar, gruesome chamber door. In a corner of the chamber away from the door, hides an indented girl. Curled up, afraid for having to leave the chamber again.
Minutes away, the closest person to her whispered: ‘Rose, Rose. What’s happening? Is it going to be all right?’ Like he knew something worse was going to happen he pushed her back, held the guards away from her. ‘No, no!’ he screamed, ‘leave her alone!’ He hugged her and said ‘Don’t. Stay.’ And when a guard started to pull them apart he pushed her back into the dark chamber and screamed ‘It will be fine, I’ll be back.’ A guard tried to grab her and so does she wanted to be taken but she knew she had obeyed her brother and crawled as fast as she could away from the grabbing hand. She heard how her brother struggled and tears came down her face. By the time they where dried up she knew it was their last hug and he would never come back….
No! Rose! Leave... Let me see her!’, a familiar voice sounded in her ears. ‘I am just dreaming’, her little thought said. Suddenly she felt someone pulling her hair very hard….

sorry about my spelling and gram.
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

Random avatar

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:18 am
deleted6 says...

King Ganan looked down at his subjets, from the fort he staying in an wept.

"how could i allow this to happen, my knights are slain i need new ones, but can i be trusted after this" suddenlly he heard a knock at the door

"come in"he shouted

It was a civilian Hi you're majesty i request a small troop to look for suviviors and also i pledge alliance to thy majesty so make me a knight, my names James MacGovern

King Ganan spoke an said "my Knights are slain bu....."

No you're majesty every fit person willing to join are going to join, my leg injured but i will fight for Carradyne,you see i told you i'm injured but i want to fight for you you're majesty, we citizen of Carradyne will not desert you, we will fight for you till or last breath."

King Ganan wept happily "Theirs hope okay said Ganan picking up his sword i dub thy Sir MacGovern Commander of the Third Regimnet of Carradyne....."

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11