z

Young Writers Society

Fairies vs. Elves

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:22 pm
summergrl13 says...

Okay, the fairies and elves have been fighting now for almost 2 decades to the day. Both think the other is wrong and stupid for being so nieve and not seeing it there way. They used to be great friends, but now the time for the great war has come. All fantasy creatures are taking sides. Most of the people don't know half of the real story but still argue their case. The faries and elves ar getting anxious to fight, but their rulers will not allow it yet, though their hatred for each other burns. If the war isn't started soon, the people may take matters into their own hands. So the real question is:

Are you on the fairies' side, or the elves'?

Okay, here are the basic rules:

- no god modding
- no killing off other people's characters
- no cursing
- two character limit
- and finally, keep any sexuality to a bare minimum

For characters, we'd like a king and queen on both sides, regular elf characters, regular fairie characters and any other mythical creature you can think of; just be sure to specify which side you are on.

Elves and fairies don't have to be on their own side; they can be neutral or they can be on the other side. Even better would be if we could have two people on opposite sides fall in love.

Also, elves and fairies do have certain powers. Elves can grow and fairies can shrink. Other than that, you can make up their own powers.

Here's how I'd like you to lay out your bio:

Name

Race

Fairies/ Elves

Powers

Personality

Background

Other

Okay, I'm going to stop being a post hog now and give you guys a chance. I'll post my own bio later. Enjoy!
I will review for you! PM about it if you need one!

Come check out my new story at topic53543.html

Reviews: 3
Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:31 pm
Rabid_Writer says...

**Yay! A storybook I can actually join without interupting something! Awesome!**

Name: Peyton Trechel

Race: Wereanimal

Appearance: Peyton has jet black hair that reaches her lower back but is always tied in a braid. She has emerald eyes and a heart shaped face. Her bangs, which aren't really bangs, form a frame around her face sometimes. Even though her family is

Fairies/Elves: Elves

Powers: She can shift into any animal she wants to but usually keeps it between her favorite animals in each class. Such as, for felines she takes on the form of a tiger. Canines, a wolf, and so on.

Personality: Peyton is a dedicated fighter and extremely loyal. She loves to have fun and goof off as long as she doesn't get in trouble. Sometimes she'll run off on her own just to get away from it all. She isn't a girly girl like her sister, who wishes to marry royalty, as a matter of fact she doesn't give a hoot about marriage or anything along those lines, she just wants bloody battle and a chance to make her family proud. However, she does sometimes find herself dreaming about romance.

History: Peyton's parents are peasants, making her one as well. However, she hangs out with royal kids her age and sometimes practices for the coming war with them. When she was a tyke her grandfather gave her a sword he called, Anima, right before he died. She has always had it with her since the day he passed. It has the power to collect the souls out dead animals and strengthen Peyton with them. It's kind of freaky actually.

Other: Up for love with either side and she has a winged lion that she rides upon instead of a horse.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:59 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Name: Savior Dari

Race: elf

Fairies/ Elves: fairies

Powers: angantment (not on purpuss. It just happens)

Personality: Quiet when she's around her faher. He's harsh against the fairies and she doesn't like it one bit. That's the main reason she's on the fairie's side.

Background: Her father is the elf king so that would probable make her the elf princess and she's on the other side.

Other: Elf princess *I hope that's fine.*

*aperance below*
Attachments
Auora56.jpg
Auora56.jpg (277.05 KiB) Viewed 517 times
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:02 pm
Twit says...

Name: Alifvani

Race: Faerie

Fairies/ Elves: Fairies

Powers: None, unless you count flying.

Personality: Bossy little madam. Vain, cunning, ruthless. If you do manage to trick her into liking you, she'll probably hate you for life.

Background: Alifvani was born and brought up in a colony deep in fairy country. Her colony includes her immediate family, extended family and friends, so she has a lot that she cares about back home. She's not particularly loyal to the fairies, and would join the elves if they made it worth her while.

Other: She stands about two feet tall, with a big cloud of auburn hair and tear-shaped blue eyes. Her wings are very delicate and of a pale golden colour -- she looks a bit like a very large but very pretty butterfly.

**Is there any definate plot?**
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

97 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 pm
summergrl13 says...

**Well, what do you mean by plot?**

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Name- Gilthanas

Age- 120

Race- Elf

Fairies/ Elves- Elves

Appearance- Look below

Powers- Slight magic, but nothing to great.

Personality- He either trusts you or he doesn't, there is no in between. He can be stubborn and place himself higher that others, but his intentions are always for the best.

Background- He is the first born and in line for the throne. His father expects much from his son and that has caused Gilthanas to bite off more than he can chew. He finds himself always looking out for his younger sister and treats her like a kid.

Other- Lurana's brother.

Name- Lurana

Age- 91

Race- Elf

Fairies/ Elves- Elves

Appearance

Powers- None

Personality- Carefree and aloof. She knows nothing of battle and the out side war so she has a naive presence. She is always trying to prove herself.

Background- As the kings daughter she has been forced to be "Lady of the house" a title she doesn't want. She is always trying to cheer her brother up, though not always in the best way.

Other- Gilthanas' sister.

Picture of both- http://orenji-kun.deviantart.com/art/Lo ... s-57583322
I will always fight back, no matter what.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:57 pm
Twit says...

**Well, what do you mean by plot?**

The stuff that actually happens, perhaps? :roll:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

97 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:19 pm
summergrl13 says...

**Well, then nothing too specific yet. I'm gonna wait for more people to join before I work it all out. Sorry, I'm just super-busy lately. So for now I'll post my own character**

Name: Selene

Age: 15 (we don't have to go by the standard rule of a 20 year lifespan. I've mostly heard of fairies living to be hundreds of years. If you want to TL you can though.)

Race: Fairie

Appearance: http://faerycircle.deviantart.com/art/A ... w-66484433

Powers: none other than being able to shrink like other fairies

Personality: she's quiet but cheery and has a good-disposition. She loves to give people advice and has no temper. She feels a need to please her family and friends. She hates arguements.

Background: she's the fairies' princess and loves being a fairie but is rather forced to root for them. Her father and mother put pressure on her to say nasty things about the elves but she ignores them. She loves the elves almost as much as the fairies and hates to root for a certain side. She's basically neutral deep-down but would never tell her parents that. She just wants to stop the fighting now.

Other: up for love

My second character!

Name: Genivieve

Race: Elf

Appearance: http://kie-chan.deviantart.com/art/Elf-70582757

Powers: minor magic, good at wielding weapons.

Personality: cocky and loud, she rushes had long into things without a moment's though or notice. She is stubborn, rebellious, and quick witted. She's kind but very mischievious.

Background: she and her family are rebllious toward the elves. They wer witnesse of the cause of the war and from the beginning have stood by the fairies' side ever since. The rest of the elves shun them but they don't care. They now live in the middle of fairie territory.

Other: Up for love.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 am
kittykat says...

Name: Aro Gensitine

Race: fairy

Fairies/Elves: elves

Powers: Along with being able to shrink (which he rarely uses), Aro also has telepathy and can call upon birds for help, especially ravens and crows like the one on his shoulder

Personality: Quick witted and usually vain, his personality as depends on his mood and his bird's mood (the one he carries around). Aro is sarcastic, stubborn, but doesn't have much of a temper. He's playful even in battle and makes anything a game for him.

Background: Aro's family lived in the middle of a forest most of the time, but went out on occasion to their home in the heart of the city. He was always tried to be outgoing and make new friends any chance he got, but failed miserably each time because of his eyes. A rumor was spread that he was a demon child instead of elf and was ignored most of the time. So, because of this he spent his summers near bare trees where ravens and crows would land for a rest. Eventually he learned to use telepathy with them and he now uses that to an advantage. Since he was shunned from society with the fairies, he's decided to take sides with the elves in hopes of acceptance.

Other: up for love (of course ^_^) and usually has a raven perched on his shoulder wherever he goes

appearance:
Attachments
cdcbe07c9e634cba.jpg
cdcbe07c9e634cba.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:35 am
.:Echelon:. says...

My Bloke Is Bi so if any other blokes are hes ya man.

Name:Alex Leon

Race:vampire/fairy

Fairies/ Elves:fairies

Powers:If he gets angry his eyes will go black and hurts everyone close to him.

Personality:He can be sweet and caring but dont get in his way and get him angry because he will hunt you down, he learnt that of his father.

Background:His dad was a vampire and his mum was a fairy, his mum didn't no the dad was a vampire,till he killed her. Alex has lived with his dad since he was young and has no decides to get away from the monster.

Other: Up for love but his is bi so he can go out with men and women.
Attachments
233495206a4082450360b389263083l.jpg
1st character
233495206a4082450360b389263083l.jpg (23.79 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Last edited by .:Echelon:. on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 am
.:Echelon:. says...

2nd character

Name:Pandora

Race:Elf

Fairies/ Elves:elves

Powers:She can make black and red roses grow from the ground (how sweet) and can hide her wings in her body.

Personality:Sweet inconet little fairy but has a bad evil side.

Background:she grew up living as a human, she can hide her wings.

Other:up for love
Attachments
f_EmoGirl2byKm_23f5561.jpg
2nd charater
f_EmoGirl2byKm_23f5561.jpg (15.85 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:25 pm
Spazztardchild says...

Name: Tumothyy Theriton

Race: Elf!

Fairies/ Elves: Both!

Powers: Woodland magic! Bows and Arrows.

Personality: Fairly gentle a person, Tumothyy is quite liberal and intelligent enough to know that this war is completely pointless. He wants it to end but, being your average Elf, he has no powers to do so whatsoever. Attempts to distance himself from war as a conscientious objector.

Background: The son of a normal soldier Elf and a hippy [for lack of a better phrase] Elf, Tumothyy both learnt to shoot arrows and be a peace loving creature at the same time.

Other: Quite tall [4"1] and graceful in figure. Green hair [natural], blue eyes and a hopeful smile on his face at all times.
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Graffito

It made me LOLums

97 Reviews

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:42 pm
summergrl13 says...

I guess we can start now. I really do feel like I'm hogging this storybook, so if anyone else wants to start, go ahead.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:56 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Savior walked through the tall grass as to act natural when she appeared before her father's sight. "Where have you been?" Her father asked angrily.
"Watching the fairies work on there spells." She couldn't lie about that.
"Any good, are they?" He asked motioning for his son to join them.
"I don't know. They can spin vines of flowers pretty well," She said. That wasn't a lie either but there was more to that like, they can also blow a tree to pieces, and they can make you fly back multiple feet if they think your on the elf's side. She winced at the pain as it resurfaced.
"Great, a girl is still there. Nothing more. Can't you be helpful for once?" He asked her coldly.
"Sorry," Savior managed to say as she winced.
"Go find a place for me to camp out, little sister," Her brother Gilthanas told her.
She automatically bowed to her brother with thanks and rushed off in the other direction. She found a field of beautiful flowers and was entranced by there beauty and smell. She became intoxicated by them and fell into the spell cast upon them. She fell into them and lay there, her hair strewn as time passed.
A shadow fell upon her face and her eyes opened, twinkling in the sun as she looked up at the figure. She couldn't see a face. All she saw was a silhouette from the sun that blinded her from actually seeing anything else. She was still under the spell anyways.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:56 pm
Layleun says...

Name: Legend Delmount

Race: Elf

Fairies/ Elves: Both

Powers: Magic wielder

Personality: Incredibly fun loving, Legend likes to play jokes on people and be free. She's certainly capable of being an adult but she prefers the world of fun and relaxation. Legend is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, she dislikes murder but is all for a just war. She believes this war is not just and therefore fights for both sides. Since she enjoys freedom she made herself a free agent.

Background: Born a cousin in the royal family Legend naturally had with high abilities. Legend was once the top magic general on the elves side at one point. When the king found out she harbored an injured fairy he banished her from the military ranks, one of his biggest mistakes. Legend decided to rebel and become a free mercenary. She takes up whatever jobs each side wants to get done. Both sides fight for using her but the elves usually are the ones who gain her in the end.

Other: Up for love

We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer